#12238 Feb 26, 2013
I hope you have a WONDERFUL day too!
Mia

East Hampton, CT

#12239 Feb 26, 2013
Hegel wrote:
Hi, Mia!
Good morning :)
I wish I could stick around but I've gotta' get going.
I'll see ya' later~

“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

#12241 Feb 26, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning :)
I wish I could stick around but I've gotta' get going.
I'll see ya' later~
Yeah, I've got things to do too and I'd rather not sit around here watching Mr. Meltdown do his thing for another day. Hope you have a good one!

Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#12242 Feb 26, 2013
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I've got things to do too and I'd rather not sit around here watching Mr. Meltdown do his thing for another day. Hope you have a good one!
So you'd rather watch yourself do it in 21s thread? lol

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#12243 Feb 26, 2013
Carl Bad wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said you did. What an odd thing to volunteer.
Frankly I don't think anyone really hates her despite what she may think.
Morning Carl Bad

You put out some written out links yesterday - can you give them to me here on this thread? thanks. And double thanks for the thrift shop alert

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#12244 Feb 26, 2013
Good morning friends of the BRG thread. I see everyone is a busy bee today. I thought i'd be making another visit to the vet this morning but "the boy" seems to be eating. Currently resting on a heating pad. He keeps circling the drain, then he does a bit of rallying and I can only "hope'

Interesting story. An acquaintance of mine fostered a Silver tabby. She had it micro chipped and found a home for it in 2005. Over the last weekend she gets a call from an animal shelter that ran a wand and discovered the chip. The cat is at deaths door awaiting the final curtain. She's able to locate the couple that adopted the cat to discover they had divorced, never changed the chip info into their name (good thing) and hadn't seen the cat in years. She put up before and now pictures. Pitiful. But he's back with her and she's going to a great deal of expense to get him back in the pink. The cat was on the streets for years and yet his sweet self showed up when they showed up. He must remember them.

Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#12245 Feb 26, 2013
BTW Hegel, here's some good advice you once posted.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/topix/TSQ64TR...
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>Greetings!
It's a shame there's so much craziness here right now, mostly having to do with Topix bashing. This too shall pass!
Calling anyone who disagrees with you a "troll" is becoming quite tiresome, and yes, I know that sounds like something Dr. Evil would say...
I think you're doing a great job here! If people don't like it, why don't they just leave? I guess they'd rather stay and whine about how awful people are to them...
Would you consider adding a "whiner" button to the judge-its?(One that points out a persecution complex would probably be asking for too much, right????:)
LOL

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#12246 Feb 26, 2013
Richard Barlow wrote:
Hello all. Hope this finds everyone warm and safe this evening. These storms are really wrecking havoc with the wildlife around here. The elk herds have started their return migration already and some are now trapped in the many canyons and valleys up here. Last year, they were trapped during the winter migration. Poor things don't know what's going on. The locals are talking about a feed drive to be air lifted in incase they are stranded for very long. I don't believe in messing with Mother Nature, but will probably donate some corn anyway.
So anyway, how's tricks? Too many pages to catch up on. Anything interesting going on? Same ol same ol here. Except that we hired a part time hand to look after the place when we are away and when Jen is by herself. Decided to retire from driving permanently. The couple that is running my truck is working out nicely, and are more than willing to run full time.
Ok people, dinner time. Be good and stay safe. TTYL.
Nice to hear from you Richard. I saw a storm going through the midwest this morning on the news. Burr. I don't see how animals survive those conditions. How come those thin spindly legs don't freeze up? Yes, donate what you can. Interfere! Interfere! I hate those nature shows where they set up a camera and let the viewer watch their subject die. Did you ever see the one on the Ringtail Lemurs of Madagascar? the one where mom and her little albino baby were separated. It's heart breaking. The little guy crying for his mom as he slowly expires? WTF!!! I wanted to kill those heartless bastards for not intervening. It's a mommy thing

“Operation Duck Face”

Since: May 11

Quackers 4 You

#12247 Feb 26, 2013

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#12249 Feb 26, 2013
ArtGal wrote:
http://americanlivewire.com/ac t-of-sportsmanship-from-texas- high-school-basketball-team-is -amazing/
To brighten your day.
That should brighten anyone's day! Thanks.

“Operation Duck Face”

Quackers 4 You

#12251 Feb 26, 2013
It made me cry.

That was just... Amazing. All around amazing.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#12252 Feb 26, 2013
ArtGal wrote:
http://americanlivewire.com/ac t-of-sportsmanship-from-texas- high-school-basketball-team-is -amazing/
To brighten your day.
Thanks for this AG~~
Just when I think the whole world has gone mad, mean and nasty
someone post something upbeat like this and makes me feel
differently.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#12253 Feb 26, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Richard~
It's so nice to see you again.
Those poor animals! It makes me so sad to think of them trapped like that and slowly starving to death. I hope the locals find it in their hearts to help them :(
Happy retirement! I'll bet your wife is pleased. It must have been hard being apart from one another when you were on the road...I know it would have been hard for me.
By the way, has she completely recovered from her accident? I hope so!
My best to you both :)
Take care!
Have fun :)
Morning Ms Mia. Another cold one today. These snows are the wet ones though. We are now at 93% of normal moisture content overall.

Retirement might not be just what it's cracked up to be. I now have a honey do list half a block long.:) But it sure does feel great to have my arms wrapped around more than a cold unfeeling pillow when I go to sleep.

Jen is healing quickly. She'd be better if she would only slow down some. It's just not in her to do that. She thinks that if she can get around, she should be doing something. Heck, she was back in the office the day after she came home from hospital. I'd put my foot down, but I'm afraid she'd beat me up.:)

“Operation Duck Face”

Quackers 4 You

#12254 Feb 26, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for this AG~~
differently.
Everyone involved in that story is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

NOT about each other!

#12255 Feb 26, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for this AG~~
differently.
Yep, it's proof that good parenting does exist. I'll bet the parents are extremely proud, and deservedly so.

“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

#12256 Feb 26, 2013
ArtGal wrote:
To brighten your day.
Thanks, ArtGal! That's wonderful!

Location hidden

#12257 Feb 26, 2013
Hegel wrote:
Morning! Hope everyone is off to a good start today. It's cloudy here and we've got snow on the way, but the Blackhawks won again last night so life is good!
Richard, so nice to see you and I'm happy to hear you're enjoying more time at home. Let's hope for an early spring...
Hi, Mia!
Hi Ms Hegel. How's things out your way? Don't know which storm is headed your way, but both of them are dumping wet, heavy snow. Have been hearing branches snapping all morning.

Lets hold off on spring for another month. Would like to get some more moisture up on the peaks before that happens. The lakes and rivers really need it. Took a trip to Salt Lake to see about ordering a new truck last week, and when we went past Palisades Lake in Idaho on US26, it was about 22' below normal. Gonna take a lot of water to fill that thing back up.

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

#12259 Feb 26, 2013
ArtGal wrote:
To brighten your day.
Thanks so much for sharing that. It made me cry and yet joyous at the same time.

Location hidden

#12260 Feb 26, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to hear from you Richard. I saw a storm going through the midwest this morning on the news. Burr. I don't see how animals survive those conditions. How come those thin spindly legs don't freeze up? Yes, donate what you can. Interfere! Interfere! I hate those nature shows where they set up a camera and let the viewer watch their subject die. Did you ever see the one on the Ringtail Lemurs of Madagascar? the one where mom and her little albino baby were separated. It's heart breaking. The little guy crying for his mom as he slowly expires? WTF!!! I wanted to kill those heartless bastards for not intervening. It's a mommy thing
Howdy Ho Ms Rose. Hope all is well with you today. "Burr"? Don't tell me you think this is cold! 4 yrs ago, we had two weeks straight of -10 or below temps. There were days when you didn't go out without goggles on or your eyes would freeze. When its -30 with the wind blowing at 40mph, you get very creative at making excuses for not going out.:)

I know all about the "mommy thing". There's almost half a bin of corn, a dozen salt blocks and about 75gal of molasses that they can have if needed. I know that it sounds black hearted a bit, but Mother Nature has her ways. And when humans start meddling in her business, something usually goes wrong. The elk preserve had to cull almost 50 animals last year because of the feeding of the stranded herds. Starvation might sound horrible to most sane persons, but its Mother Natures way of controlling herd populations. To be quite frank, I don't know which is more heartless, turning a blind eye, or running them thru a chute and putting a bullet behind their ear. It's a touchy situation at the moment. We play the waiting game and see what the weather does.

Location hidden

#12262 Feb 26, 2013
ArtGal wrote:
To brighten your day.
Hi Ms ArtGal. Doing better I hope? Good to see you here again.

Beautiful story. Wish more people could see that. I'd like to second what Ms Hegel said. I've pretty much given up on mankind, but every now and then, I see little glimmers of hope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mega Fort 13 min Occams razor scooter 11,926
How great is Obama? (Oct '13) 34 min La Femme Accident 33
The Wabbit Hutch (May '11) 3 hr Junket 1,292
pest control 2 3 hr pride 1
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 10 hr NotaGoth 3,491
Word association game (Sep '12) 16 hr Honest Babe 1,063
Why do women say "I'm just going to stop talkin... 20 hr WhiteDevilKingOfT... 27
More from around the web