Books, Recipes, Gardening AND

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#11747 Feb 19, 2013
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, PRETEND *killed*! With Frank that might be an iffy proposition.
Yeah, I don't see you as the Downton Abbey sort, Ferrerman. You're not alone! I was talking to someone tonight who I've not spoken to in a few months and he was telling me his absolute favorite TV shows are American Pickers, Storage Wars and the pawn show from Vegas. Sorry, I don't remember the name. He was disappointed I didn't know much about them. Wish you could have been here!
I was reading that 'Pickers' is faker than I thought. I get the part where they recreate the accidental meetings with some of their picks but, evidently they 'seed' some of the picks too, not actually finding some of the items. That's show biz though.

I love reading the comments on the FB page for "The Devil's Ride" (the motorcycle gang show) BRUTAL! But, it's still fun to watch and, with the Pickers and Pawn shows, you might even learn something.

Location hidden

#11748 Feb 19, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. Good buzz on that film. i saw Hoffman interviewed on Charlie Rose and it got my interest up. In the 20/20 interview they showed a clip from California Suite. Have you seen that?
a bit off topic but part of an earlier era, if you haven't seen it, I recommend "The Valley of the Dolls" the camp factor is delicious. As good as joan Crawford in Mommy dearest - favorite line
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WYcxXsFQscAXX
I swear, I could put that on a loop and never tire of it
Rose, do you know the guy who played Frank? I was thinking recently about people like him who always seem to be working and, though not famous, have to be the envy of most actors, doing commercials, TV and film.

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

South El Monte, CA

#11749 Feb 19, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, do you know the guy who played Frank? I was thinking recently about people like him who always seem to be working and, though not famous, have to be the envy of most actors, doing commercials, TV and film.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_Evans_ (actor)

Location hidden

#11750 Feb 19, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
Yep, that's him! I recall China Beach. I bet he hasn't changed his hair style since 'Nam.

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

South El Monte, CA

#11751 Feb 19, 2013
He was also in Twin Peeks. Married to a blacksmith.

Location hidden

#11752 Feb 19, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
He was also in Twin Peeks. Married to a blacksmith.
I never got into that one. I was tending bar and working nights then so, i missed a lot of the classics. When I heard people talk about it, invariably they said that if you came in late, you never catch up.

“Pass the sunscreen”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#11753 Feb 20, 2013
Ooof.....I can't fit through the door.
Do you have a loading dock that I can use?
Mia

Seymour, CT

#11754 Feb 20, 2013
Good morning, everyone :)

Hey Rose~ I saw that Charlie Rose interview--it was good. All his shows are. I'm a big fan.
I was an NBC morning person for years but I switched to CBS when CR became one of the morning anchors.
Mia

Seymour, CT

#11755 Feb 20, 2013
Maverick 808 wrote:
Ooof.....I can't fit through the door.
Need some help?
You push while I pull, okay?
On three....

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

#11756 Feb 20, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. Good buzz on that film. i saw Hoffman interviewed on Charlie Rose and it got my interest up. In the 20/20 interview they showed a clip from California Suite. Have you seen that?
a bit off topic but part of an earlier era, if you haven't seen it, I recommend "The Valley of the Dolls" the camp factor is delicious. As good as joan Crawford in Mommy dearest - favorite line
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WYcxXsFQscAXX
I swear, I could put that on a loop and never tire of it
LOL, she reminds me of a certain poster around here...
Good morning, Rose! Yep, I've seen Valley of the Dolls too. I've never seen California Suite so after they showed that clip I had to find out who the director was that she said was "spiky" to work with. Herb Ross. Brother-in-law of Jackie O. Interesting.

LOVED Maggie in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#11757 Feb 20, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
Need some help?
You push while I pull, okay?
On three....
How are you two doing? Should I grab the WD40?

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#11758 Feb 20, 2013
Mia wrote:
Good morning, everyone :)
Hey Rose~ I saw that Charlie Rose interview--it was good. All his shows are. I'm a big fan.
I was an NBC morning person for years but I switched to CBS when CR became one of the morning anchors.
I love me some Charlie Rose too, Mia!(Good morning, btw:) AND I was a long time Today Show viewer but found myself losing interest. Then when they fired Ann Curry (the rumor is that Matt Lauer wanted her out) I'd really had enough and switched to CBS and Charlie. Wish I'd done it when he first started.

His show comes on at 11:00 at night here so a lot of times I watch video on his website. I love that he's got everything archived. His 'Brain Series' has been phenomenal.

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#11759 Feb 20, 2013
Yesterday a skeevy little troll called me Mama Cass and it reminded me of this. Any other LOST geeks out there? They used her song for the opening of Season 2. One of my all-time favorite television moments!
This is actually fan-made and it goes on to include bits of other scenes with Desmond. Excellent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#11760 Feb 20, 2013
Hegel wrote:
Yesterday a skeevy little troll called me Mama Cass and it reminded me of this. Any other LOST geeks out there? They used her song for the opening of Season 2. One of my all-time favorite television moments!
This is actually fan-made and it goes on to include bits of other scenes with Desmond. Excellent!
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
As a Ferrerman of unknown chubbiness, I like that song!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#11761 Feb 20, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>As a Ferrerman of unknown chubbiness, I like that song!
I love you even though you're fat, Ferrerman!
I can't stalk you today, but just wanted you to know I'm around.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#11762 Feb 20, 2013
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>How are you two doing? Should I grab the WD40?
Could you spare a little of that WD-40 for my knees, shoulders and elbows? I need to get the squeaks outa my joints. Hope every is having a great day.

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#11763 Feb 20, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>As a Ferrerman of unknown chubbiness, I like that song!
Keep 'em wondering! That's what makes life interesting.

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#11764 Feb 20, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>Could you spare a little of that WD-40 for my knees, shoulders and elbows? I need to get the squeaks outa my joints. Hope every is having a great day.
I'll pass along the WD-40 AND some Tiger Balm. That's guaranteed rocket fuel right there!

I'm having a wonderful day here even though it's cold, perfessor. Hope you are too:)

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#11765 Feb 20, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>I love you even though you're fat, Ferrerman!
I can't stalk you today, but just wanted you to know I'm around.
Hi, Barbi! Nice to see you posting. Still busy out there in your neck of the woods?

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#11766 Feb 20, 2013
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Barbi! Nice to see you posting. Still busy out there in your neck of the woods?
Hi Hegel...yes, will be for another day. Just catching up. My, oh my.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
frAUDS 15 min GGGGGGG5 153
Topix Posters Music Thread 2 hr -Sprocket- 28
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 3 hr -Sprocket- 502
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 3 hr - Spanky - 6,033
Eagle's Nest.. (Jul '11) 6 hr EAGLE EYE1 6,786
Gay/Bi Skype 7 hr Ggardens 11
Cash 9 hr Money money 1
More from around the web