|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah....I get that devilish Jack Nicholson vibe from you by the way you post. I like it.
You noticed that huh? Hee hee. Thank you, Mia.

“Operation Duck Face”

Since: May 11

Quackers 4 You

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

There have been almost 1000 posts since I last visited this thread.

“Topixtown”

Since: Jun 09

Why yes, I DO have a blog!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

ArtGal wrote:
Thanks for the update!

“Operation Duck Face”

Since: May 11

Quackers 4 You

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Welcome!

“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

ArtGal wrote:
Welcome!
A little springtime for you, ArtGal.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

“Topixtown”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

ArtGal wrote:
Welcome!
When do you think you'll be back in spanking shape?
Cookie

Anderson, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>It is like an invading army marching in...
I knew better than to be THERE at midnight on Fat Tuesday but, I was with a woman friend, and she was looking for her daughter. You can be anywhere in the Quarter at midnight on Fat Tuesday- just don't have your feet on Bourbon Street for a half hour or so. Along with the cops pushing drunks out of the way comes the street cleaners hosing down the spilled beer and barf. Just ahead of us a cop pushed a drunk and he stumbled. His girlfriend took umbrage and she went down on the ground. That's when I grabbed my friend and guided her over to Royal. NOPD is pretty well behaved during Carnival but, after two straight weeks...it's best not to mess with them.
Can't blame them really.
Mia

Woodstock, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Thee_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
You noticed that huh? Hee hee. Thank you, Mia.
My pleasure :)

“Topixtown”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Judged:

Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
My pleasure :)
No, the pleasure was all mine!

Just as if we had had sex....

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

ArtGal wrote:
And, most of them good'ns, too.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

What in the world happened to the rest of my post? I must have hit something wrong. I also said, "You were missed, too". I need some shine, or a brain. Y'all have a good'n.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Richard Barlow wrote:
Morning all. Hope this finds everyone in fine spirits.
Did everybody make it thru the recent storms unscathed? Those in the east weren't so lucky. I've got two trucks that pull end dumps during the winter hauling grain. This year however, they've spent the last three weeks hauling salt from Utah to Jersey. Those idiots didn't stock up on enough salt thruout the last year. Oh well, we're contracted for another week to them, then it's back to the grain. Anyone volunteer to wash the salt out of all the little nooks and crannies of those trailers? Stainless doesn't hold up well once the salt gets ahold of it.
For those of you in the path of our winter snow water shed, you'll be glad to hear that it will be normal to below normal. The low landers (non farms or ranches) are happy about that. But that happiness will be short lived when prices rise due to having to pay the irrigation districts for supplemental water for their crops. In other words, if you garden, make sure you plant enough to tie you over for the year. Might even look into a community garden if you have somewhere it can be done. And if you have friends with whom you know will pull their own fair share of the work.
Ok, back to my bathroom remodeling project. I've taken a long enough break I guess. Would like to have this done by the weekend. Everyone stay safe and warm. If you see Ms ArtGal around, tell her we're still thinking of her and wish her a speedy recovery. Later
Hi Richard! With the exception of a little rain, we seem to be in spring already. I have a mild sunburn and some folks have allergies already.
Good luck on your bathroom remodeling project!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>No, the pleasure was all mine!
Just as if we had had sex....
Good evening, Ferrerman. I'm sorry I couldn't be your stalker today. I'll try for tomorrow.
:)

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>Nice to see you, Richard! Still having a pretty wimpy winter here in Chicago but better that than the onslaught the east got. Happy remodeling!
Thank you Ms Hegel. I don't seem to find much time to converse with others much these days. And when I do, it's at an unopertune time.(Like now) Thought I would be bored with coming off the road by now, but there are so many things I've been putting off for a while now that I can finally get done. Better get back to it I suppose. Jen will be home tomorrow and I want to surprise her with her new bath/dressing/spa room. Should rack up some pretty good brownie points with this one I hope.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Richard. I always enjoy reading your posts. I always learn something when I do.
Morning KP. Hope you're doing well today. I'm afraid the only thing you'll learn from me is just how boring an ol cattleman can be. Any plans for valentines day with the misses? Mine isn't here at the moment. This will be the first time in 35yrs that we won't spend it together. She's in Seattle with her sister. That's why I've pretty much been working round the clock to get this thing done. Can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Cookie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours is a busy life. Thanks for letting us know. I love hearing about what people are doing. That's pretty interesting. Good luck on the project.
Hello Ms Cookie. My pleasure. If I can help out in some small way, I feel that I'm doing what we as humans were meant to do.
Some places up here have above normal moisture content in the snow pack, but when combined with other areas that are 'way' below, it averages out to about 87% of normal. This will probably sound strange to some but, I hope we get hit with another round of storms like we had in 09'. Don't see that happening, but I can hope anyway. The ACE lowered lake levels on hopes of a good winter that just hasn't happened yet. We'll find out March 1st when they put out the water allotment report just how bad we'll have it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Richard! With the exception of a little rain, we seem to be in spring already. I have a mild sunburn and some folks have allergies already.
Good luck on your bathroom remodeling project!
Morning Ms Barbi. Hope this finds you and Baron well. We had some rain here as well. Didn't melt off the snow pack though.(Still too cold for that) Just added a bit of moisture to it. Spring seems to have come rather early in some areas. The trees are budding out much too early. Could end up being bad for foliage if another heavy cold snap comes thru.
Keeping my fingers crossed on the bathroom. This is a project that has been in the planning stage ever since we built the place. Never really had time to do it though. As long as she doesn't get blasted in the fanny with fire hose type pressure when she uses this bidet, I think it's turned out well.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Too all the ladies, a very happy VALENTINES DAY too all. May your day not be judged by the expense of the gift, but by the love that accompanies it.

Too all the men. Always remember, if it weren't for these beautiful ladies, we would only have each other. And where would we be then? EXTINCT!!!!
But seriously. I was given a piece of advise many years ago by a man much smarter than I. And he said, "The worth of a man can only be measured by the respect of the woman who deems him worthy". Make them proud of you not with the gifts you can give them, but rather by the love that you share.
Mia

Woodstock, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Hi Richard
Happy Valentines Day to you, too!
You're absolutely right--it's not about the gifts.
Sometimes it's just the little things that men do that we find the most endearing.
And doing anything around the house ( without being asked ) is always a turn on :)
The best card I ever got for Valentines Day was one that my dh made me when we were first married. It's still in a frame on my dresser, and no store bought card will ever top it.

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Richard Barlow wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning KP. Hope you're doing well today. I'm afraid the only thing you'll learn from me is just how boring an ol cattleman can be. Any plans for valentines day with the misses? Mine isn't here at the moment. This will be the first time in 35yrs that we won't spend it together. She's in Seattle with her sister. That's why I've pretty much been working round the clock to get this thing done. Can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees it.
I just saw a segment on a local news cast how to shop for your Valentine at the Dollar Store Richard. You can get out of there with some nice gifts for under ten bucks. It might be worth a look.

On the subject of cattlemen I had a boss, Sam, who along with his brother inherited their father's ranch in Colorado. After a very hard winter I asked Sam if they were having trouble feeding their cattle. "I talked to my brother last night," Sam said, "He told me they were still dropping hay by helicopter but they lost half the herd. My brother told me it was my half."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 10,601 - 10,620 of17,894
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Topix Forum right now

Search the Topix Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Skype n Oovoo Ladies Names Only 26 min sercetman 1
Why don't more white women get involved with bl... (Apr '12) 51 min black man 88
Skype 53 min sercetman 3
God is alive and orderly 1 hr Say What 2
Dear Chris Tolles --- > (May '10) 2 hr nanoanomaly 4,362
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 3 hr covcas 17,301
Sacred Heart Church 4 hr May I Suggest 4
•••
•••
•••
•••