“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#11442 Feb 6, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>That's so weird to me. I know why but it's just so odd to think of houses without basements, having grown up with them. They're so practical and versatile!
Somebody told me we don't have basements because we don't have tornadoes and we don't need sump pumps, if that makes sense.
The house I lived in that did have a basement was very old and the man who built it was from the east. Hence, the basement. I loved that basement.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#11443 Feb 6, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
Mi(a) name I call myself....
Morning Mia

far a long long way from Rose

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#11444 Feb 6, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I've been butch and square pants. So, no. It just makes you my friend. lol...
(I've wondered about square pants, because I think I look pretty good below the waist)
You remind me so much of my daughter, Rose. Speaking of, I found a container of "Expletive Band aids" in her medicine cabinet, sort of turned around so I wouldn't see them.
They are colored band aids with (I have to misspell here: "chit" "fluk" "ballz," etc. on each one. Am I old fashioned or is it wrong for a young lady to wear something like that on a scratch?
Please don't say "colored". It's "African-American". It's the 90's, ya know....

“"yes"”

Level 6

Location hidden

#11445 Feb 6, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>That's so weird to me. I know why but it's just so odd to think of houses without basements, having grown up with them. They're so practical and versatile!
I wish we had them. You could say that our garages take their place and our cars get booted to the curb My grandmother did have a basement. But she was from the midwest and had the house built for her.
Mia

East Hampton, CT

#11446 Feb 6, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Mia

far a long long way from Rose....
So, a weasels on 8's thread....

“"yes"”

Level 6

Location hidden

#11447 Feb 6, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
So, a weasels on 8's thread....
....and thats the way we like it

“"yes"”

Level 6

Location hidden

#11448 Feb 6, 2013
Before signing off...has anyone heard anything from Artgal?
Mia

East Hampton, CT

#11449 Feb 6, 2013
Hey Rose

La? A note that follows So?

Never mind.
----------

ArtGal? No, I haven't heard anything lately.

Location hidden

#11452 Feb 6, 2013
_RandMan_ wrote:
<quoted text>Barbi, I held a mining claim for about 15 years in Shirt Tail Canyon, up near Weimar. I have a 4" suction dredge and I could average about an ounce of gold a day with it, provided I was diving for about 8 hours. It's very hard work and you have to spend a lot of time under water to make it pay. Since gold dredging was outlawed, I gave up my mining claim. The environmentalists said it was damaging the salmon run. In fifteen years of diving in that river, I never saw one salmon. Maybe because there are no salmon in the Sierras and never has been? Duh...
Maybe because of all that dredging....

The gold shows make it pretty darn clear that finding gold (however it's done) is extremely hard and that it's rarely lucrative. They are more honest than the others in that respect. I read a blog entry from a woman who DOES buy storage lockers at auctions and barely breaks even in doing so. She said that with the popularity of the various storage shows, that living has gotten harder!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#11454 Feb 6, 2013
_RandMan_ wrote:
<quoted text>Barbi, I held a mining claim for about 15 years in Shirt Tail Canyon, up near Weimar. I have a 4" suction dredge and I could average about an ounce of gold a day with it, provided I was diving for about 8 hours. It's very hard work and you have to spend a lot of time under water to make it pay. Since gold dredging was outlawed, I gave up my mining claim. The environmentalists said it was damaging the salmon run. In fifteen years of diving in that river, I never saw one salmon. Maybe because there are no salmon in the Sierras and never has been? Duh...
Salmon in the Sierras? lol! Don't some of the touristy sites still have gold panning? You know, a place you can take the kidlets for a history lesson?

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#11455 Feb 6, 2013
Hello, everyone. Does anyone have an update on ArtGal?

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#11456 Feb 6, 2013
Hey everyone! How's things going? Anything new?

#11457 Feb 6, 2013
Charlie Mean Girl wrote:
Hello, everyone. Does anyone have an update on ArtGal?
Why are you mean? Did someone piss you off?

Level 2

Location hidden

#11458 Feb 6, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you mean? Did someone piss you off?
No? Did I do something that offended you?

#11459 Feb 6, 2013
Charlie Mean Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
No? Did I do something that offended you?
No, I was wondering why Charlie Mean Girl name. You haven't been mean to me, that I recall.

Location hidden

#11460 Feb 6, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Salmon in the Sierras? lol! Don't some of the touristy sites still have gold panning? You know, a place you can take the kidlets for a history lesson?
I like fly fishing though I admit I use a swatter rather than a hook and line.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

NOT about each other!

#11461 Feb 6, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>I like fly fishing though I admit I use a swatter rather than a hook and line.
Dang, Ferrerman! I saw that "I like fly fishing" and got excited. I was gonna ask you if you fly fished for the salmon in the rivers into Lake Michigan, then I saw the rest of the sentence. I'll ask, anyhow; do you? I ask that because that is my real love in life. I've caught many of them out of the Pere Marquette and Manistee Rivers. Y'all have a good'n.

Level 2

Location hidden

#11462 Feb 6, 2013
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I was wondering why Charlie Mean Girl name. You haven't been mean to me, that I recall.
I was mean to you once, when I first started posting on this forum. I misunderstood something you posted and later apologized. I remember everything. I'm much better at interpreting the tone of posts now.:)

Someone called me Charlie Mean Girl, so I created this sock. I'm not really mean, but if that got around, it would ruin my reputation as a badass troll. ;)

#11464 Feb 6, 2013
Charlie Mean Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I was mean to you once, when I first started posting on this forum. I misunderstood something you posted and later apologized. I remember everything. I'm much better at interpreting the tone of posts now.:)
Someone called me Charlie Mean Girl, so I created this sock. I'm not really mean, but if that got around, it would ruin my reputation as a badass troll. ;)
Yeah, you're right. When people apologize and I feel it's genuine I tend to forget things.

I just didn't know if you lost your other account. I promise to not let anyone know that you're nice.

Location hidden

#11465 Feb 6, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>Dang, Ferrerman! I saw that "I like fly fishing" and got excited. I was gonna ask you if you fly fished for the salmon in the rivers into Lake Michigan, then I saw the rest of the sentence. I'll ask, anyhow; do you? I ask that because that is my real love in life. I've caught many of them out of the Pere Marquette and Manistee Rivers. Y'all have a good'n.
Sorry, not much on fishing at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 18 min covcas 18,594
Munir Hoxha vs Fisnike Marke " CRIMINAL ACT " 4 hr FATHERS RIGHTS NJ 1
why do asian girls dislike black guys so much 6 hr mikeykoontz 1
Hook up with a rich sugarmummy in Bayelsa state... 9 hr Dr james 1
Hook up with a rich sugarmummy in Umuahia state... 10 hr Dr james 1
Hook up with a rich sugarmummy in Lagos state c... 10 hr Dr james 1
Hook up with a rich sugarmummy in Kano state ca... 10 hr Dr james 1

Topix People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE