Books, Recipes, Gardening AND

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#11434 Feb 6, 2013
Top Mod 8 wrote:
Here's the link with the gold chunk
http://now.msn.com/gold-nugget-weighing-12-po...
thank you, TM 8. I'm sure the price of metal detectors will jump after that story!
I know some still pan for gold in the Sierra, but they only get tiny bits that are of little value, despite today's price of gold.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#11435 Feb 6, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds ideal. You may not find stashes of cash around the ol' homestead but some neat old stuff. I like exploring basements and garages (as least until the cops come). I know a lot of people have found stuff renovating old homes. You just never know until you go exploring.
I would love to join you in basement exploration, but you'd need to kill the spiders. Can't do spiders.
There are no basements here, or few. I've only lived in one house that had a basement.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#11436 Feb 6, 2013
Top Mod 8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just saw something on the news yesterday about some who found like a big chuck of gold using a metal detector. They said it was worth something like 500 million.
Is that 500 million in lira or pesos?

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#11437 Feb 6, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing!! I've been known to visit vacated real estate (in a state of disrepair). If you know what to look for, they're great opportunities to dig up old bulbs. I like to think of plants as inherited property. You may sell the land, but it's nice to collect sprigs of favorite plants and root them. Does that make me butch?(an "ad hominem" accusation recently applied to me on another thread)
"not that there's anything wrong with that" lol
Well, I've been butch and square pants. So, no. It just makes you my friend. lol...
(I've wondered about square pants, because I think I look pretty good below the waist)

You remind me so much of my daughter, Rose. Speaking of, I found a container of "Expletive Band aids" in her medicine cabinet, sort of turned around so I wouldn't see them.
They are colored band aids with (I have to misspell here: "chit" "fluk" "ballz," etc. on each one. Am I old fashioned or is it wrong for a young lady to wear something like that on a scratch?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#11438 Feb 6, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>I would love to join you in basement exploration, but you'd need to kill the spiders. Can't do spiders.
There are no basements here, or few. I've only lived in one house that had a basement.
That's so weird to me. I know why but it's just so odd to think of houses without basements, having grown up with them. They're so practical and versatile!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#11439 Feb 6, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing!! I've been known to visit vacated real estate (in a state of disrepair). If you know what to look for, they're great opportunities to dig up old bulbs. I like to think of plants as inherited property. You may sell the land, but it's nice to collect sprigs of favorite plants and root them. Does that make me butch?(an "ad hominem" accusation recently applied to me on another thread)
"not that theres anything wrong with that" lol
Oh, yeah...back to the old real estate, there was a lot of money! I remember buying a new dress, a bucket of chicken and a lid.

“Revolution: won't be televised”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

South El Monte, CA

#11440 Feb 6, 2013
Top Mod 8 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just saw something on the news yesterday about some who found like a big chuck of gold using a metal detector. They said it was worth something like 500 million.
I think your math might be off a bit -$317.000. Rumor has it that the lucky Australian is Ghost Irish.

“Revolution: won't be televised”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

South El Monte, CA

#11441 Feb 6, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I've been butch and square pants. So, no.

and here I was feeling so special....

It just makes you my friend. lol...(I've wondered about square pants, because I think I look pretty good below the waist)
You remind me so much of my daughter, Rose. Speaking of, I found a container of "Expletive Band aids" in her medicine cabinet, sort of turned around so I wouldn't see them.
They are colored band aids with (I have to misspell here: "chit" "fluk" "ballz," etc. on each one. Am I old fashioned or is it wrong for a young lady to wear something like that on a scratch?
Every artist needs a little "shock and awe" to separate them from the masses (and the republican party).

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#11442 Feb 6, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>That's so weird to me. I know why but it's just so odd to think of houses without basements, having grown up with them. They're so practical and versatile!
Somebody told me we don't have basements because we don't have tornadoes and we don't need sump pumps, if that makes sense.
The house I lived in that did have a basement was very old and the man who built it was from the east. Hence, the basement. I loved that basement.

“Revolution: won't be televised”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

South El Monte, CA

#11443 Feb 6, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
Mi(a) name I call myself....
Morning Mia

far a long long way from Rose

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#11444 Feb 6, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I've been butch and square pants. So, no. It just makes you my friend. lol...
(I've wondered about square pants, because I think I look pretty good below the waist)
You remind me so much of my daughter, Rose. Speaking of, I found a container of "Expletive Band aids" in her medicine cabinet, sort of turned around so I wouldn't see them.
They are colored band aids with (I have to misspell here: "chit" "fluk" "ballz," etc. on each one. Am I old fashioned or is it wrong for a young lady to wear something like that on a scratch?
Please don't say "colored". It's "African-American". It's the 90's, ya know....

“Revolution: won't be televised”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

South El Monte, CA

#11445 Feb 6, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>That's so weird to me. I know why but it's just so odd to think of houses without basements, having grown up with them. They're so practical and versatile!
I wish we had them. You could say that our garages take their place and our cars get booted to the curb My grandmother did have a basement. But she was from the midwest and had the house built for her.
Mia

Seymour, CT

#11446 Feb 6, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Mia

far a long long way from Rose....
So, a weasels on 8's thread....

“Revolution: won't be televised”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

South El Monte, CA

#11447 Feb 6, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
So, a weasels on 8's thread....
....and thats the way we like it

“Revolution: won't be televised”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

South El Monte, CA

#11448 Feb 6, 2013
Before signing off...has anyone heard anything from Artgal?
Mia

Seymour, CT

#11449 Feb 6, 2013
Hey Rose

La? A note that follows So?

Never mind.
----------

ArtGal? No, I haven't heard anything lately.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#11452 Feb 6, 2013
_RandMan_ wrote:
<quoted text>Barbi, I held a mining claim for about 15 years in Shirt Tail Canyon, up near Weimar. I have a 4" suction dredge and I could average about an ounce of gold a day with it, provided I was diving for about 8 hours. It's very hard work and you have to spend a lot of time under water to make it pay. Since gold dredging was outlawed, I gave up my mining claim. The environmentalists said it was damaging the salmon run. In fifteen years of diving in that river, I never saw one salmon. Maybe because there are no salmon in the Sierras and never has been? Duh...
Maybe because of all that dredging....

The gold shows make it pretty darn clear that finding gold (however it's done) is extremely hard and that it's rarely lucrative. They are more honest than the others in that respect. I read a blog entry from a woman who DOES buy storage lockers at auctions and barely breaks even in doing so. She said that with the popularity of the various storage shows, that living has gotten harder!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#11454 Feb 6, 2013
_RandMan_ wrote:
<quoted text>Barbi, I held a mining claim for about 15 years in Shirt Tail Canyon, up near Weimar. I have a 4" suction dredge and I could average about an ounce of gold a day with it, provided I was diving for about 8 hours. It's very hard work and you have to spend a lot of time under water to make it pay. Since gold dredging was outlawed, I gave up my mining claim. The environmentalists said it was damaging the salmon run. In fifteen years of diving in that river, I never saw one salmon. Maybe because there are no salmon in the Sierras and never has been? Duh...
Salmon in the Sierras? lol! Don't some of the touristy sites still have gold panning? You know, a place you can take the kidlets for a history lesson?

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#11455 Feb 6, 2013
Hello, everyone. Does anyone have an update on ArtGal?

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

...

#11456 Feb 6, 2013
Hey everyone! How's things going? Anything new?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 41 min -Sprocket- 5,332
Uhm....help...? 59 min Seduciary 5
Hey guys!!!!! Single, just moved to st louis *l... 1 hr Shelbi 1
CNN NBC MSNBC CBS why fake news 2 hr emperorjohn 4
Interested in a Good Half Black & Puerto Rican... 5 hr DaOne4You 3
He's Porn Addicted (May '12) 5 hr Improve 13
K..ik pic vid swap 6 hr Kikndik2 24
More from around the web