Books, Recipes, Gardening AND

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#10964 Jan 30, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I adopted a 'two time return' pit bull mix that was very aggressive to other dogs.
First day she went after my older dog.
I beat her azz and she never did it again. Didn't hurt her, but scared her.
They were best friends till he passed away.
Now she has a little brother, black lab puppy, I just adopted. She lets him bite her all day and never gets mad at him.
She still wants to kill other dogs, at least not her house mates.
That was very kind of you to adopt that dog. I'm alone, and smallish, so I would never have been able to rein in such an animal.
Most on this thread have been following my dog, Baron, a German Shepherd I adopted some 8 weeks ago. He's had some behavioral issues, but not aggression toward other dogs or people who are not threatening me.
But I'll tell you he was very hard to handle at first. I didn't have the strength, or the heart, to beat on him, like more than one friend told me to do! But I do knee him in the chest when he tries his jumping routine. And, I picked up a can of "Stop That!" which terrifies him.
If you have a pit mix and a lab, you don't shy away from challenges. More power to you!

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#10965 Jan 30, 2013
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, I bet he appreciated that!
Look at this list.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_notable_...
WOW! That's some serious talent!!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#10966 Jan 30, 2013
Thee_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicago is a beautiful city. Probably has some of the best museums in the world. And it's clean. Not a garbage dump like SF.
I'll get there one day and I'm looking forward to the museums.
I never thought of SF as a garbage dump, but it's probably because I haven't been where it's bad. Although I thought Chinatown kind of nasty.

Location hidden

#10967 Jan 30, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
She still lurks around.
I see Leo, debil, Montana, new yawk.
Haven't seen fetch around much
He stopped in for election night but has been AWOL since.
New yawk says we are the same person and she is always right. lol
Noted idiotSam is certain you and I are the same person and that kochsucker has never been right about anything.

I just thought I'd point that out.

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

#10969 Jan 30, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
She still lurks around.
LOL, nothing ever changes! I looked at DHTR and saw Farrt Wo posting grey box. He still misses his good buddy. Oh, and I saw Shadow giving Sel crap, like he's got anything to be proud of. They're the worst of the worst.

Location hidden

#10971 Jan 30, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to Sam.
He stalked me for a couple years then just morphed into a full time socktard.
Sam is "saving" all of Topix from common sense and liberal/fascist/communism/etc. by trolling pretty much everyone, even his own kind. So, sam ol' sam ol'....

KnightPirate

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

#10972 Jan 30, 2013
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Not only speechless, but in tears.
Yeah, me too. I emailed the writer and told him good job. I told him it was written with respect and compassion. That had to be a tough story to write. He thanked me for my comments.

KnightPirate

“Supporting The Girl...”

With A Heart Of Gold

#10973 Jan 30, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
She still lurks around.
What's up? Sel posts on TM 8's thread once in a while. She did this morning. Whatever happened to that dingbat Luke? I don't even remember the thread he used to post on.

KnightPirate

“Supporting The Girl...”

With A Heart Of Gold

#10974 Jan 30, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Noted idiotSam is certain you and I are the same person and that kochsucker has never been right about anything.
I just thought I'd point that out.
Is Sam the guy who drove Pontiac's and went by Le Tours Le Pret or something like that?

“Resist Persist Enlist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

South El Monte, CA

#10975 Jan 30, 2013
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened to Sam.
He stalked me for a couple years then just morphed into a full time socktard.
Greeting Dem

That sock thing gets really old really fast. It's hard enough keeping track of the newly banned and re- emergent. Then add in the "constantly restless" with their changing aviators. You need to put money on the table if you expect me to keep up with it. What I like about this crew is I've never seen them fight with one another and they all go by one account.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#10976 Jan 30, 2013
:(
Bad news for Barnes & Noble, according to 24/7 Wall St.:

. Barnes & Noble
> Forecast store closings: 190 to 240, per company comments
> Number of U.S. stores: 689
> One-year stock performance: 8.95%

"The move by customers away from print books toward digital books has hurt Barnes & Noble Inc.(NYSE: BKS). Same-store sales during the nine-week holiday season fell by 8.2% year-over-year. The bookseller has tried to offset the declines in physical book sales with its Nook e-book reader device, but sales of that device fell 13% compared to the previous year. The company already has begun cutting down the number of its stores in the past several years. In a recent interview with the Wall Street Journal, the head of the retail group at Barnes & Noble said he expected the company to have just 450 to 500 retail stores in 10 years."

Other companies were Office Depot and Sears. Also, rumor has it that JC Penny will be closing.

Level 6

South El Monte, CA

#10977 Jan 30, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Had a discussion last night about a study I can't cite right now, but dog and cat lovers have very different personalities.
Watched part of a program last night where 5 couples were actually competing to rescue this horrid old Beagle that had been adopted twice and sent back because it was aggressive. I love dogs, but there are limitations. I'm glad there are people out there who will take in these animals, but I'm just not one of them.
I was interested in a Abyssinian cat at our local shelter that I saw on-line, but before the shelter attendant would bring him out for me to see, she told me he'd been returned twice. I responded with "don't bring him out then, because if i see him and think he's beautiful, I won't be able to resist." Now how's that for shallow? but I know what you mean about that instinct some folks have to rescue. Girlfriend in Florida was competing over the adoption of an abused rabbit whose ears had been cut off....and lived in California. I'm not going to stick a needle in her balloon, but holy madonna!

About Richard - did you ever get a private message from him when he was exposing Godsmacked (dumb) as a fraud?

Level 6

South El Monte, CA

#10978 Jan 30, 2013
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>
The "crazy cat lady" theme hasn't been good PR, Rose!
Tell me about it. What happened to the good old days before the bad old days (when cats and women were executed as witches) when cats were associated with books stores and intellect. I demand a cultural recall!! or Caturday VVV

http://nypl.tumblr.com/tagged/Caturday

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#10984 Jan 30, 2013
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Sam the guy who drove Pontiac's and went by Le Tours Le Pret or something like that?
Don't know where Ferrerman is but I can answer this one. Yes, that's Sam. He was also Snuffy-boo boo. I'm sure a lot of people are using the 'Sam' name now that he's grey-boxing. He's found like-minded friends here who share his low IQ and penchant for 6th grade humor.

Location hidden

#10985 Jan 30, 2013
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Also snabu-something. He claims he's seeking vengeance for ill-treatment of KKKraig, a few years back. He also claims that I personally vanquished his tojours-whatever avatar but, he still uses it so he would appear to be an effing liar.

Thee_Rickster

“How Tequila works”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10988 Jan 30, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>I'll get there one day and I'm looking forward to the museums.
I never thought of SF as a garbage dump, but it's probably because I haven't been where it's bad. Although I thought Chinatown kind of nasty.
It seems like anywhere I go in SF all I see is litter and what not. To me it just looks dirty. I just don't see that in Chicago. Maybe the mafia makes sure it's kept clean.

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#10989 Jan 30, 2013
Ill-Bill wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YDM3e1M3xO0XX
OK Rose you're in this one.
The beers? For me and Hegel. KP yours is in the other snowbank chilling.
Damn...a shout-out AND a beer? You made my day, Bill:) Thanks! I think this calls for a song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#10991 Jan 30, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
I was interested in a Abyssinian cat at our local shelter that I saw on-line, but before the shelter attendant would bring him out for me to see, she told me he'd been returned twice. I responded with "don't bring him out then, because if i see him and think he's beautiful, I won't be able to resist." Now how's that for shallow? but I know what you mean about that instinct some folks have to rescue. Girlfriend in Florida was competing over the adoption of an abused rabbit whose ears had been cut off....and lived in California. I'm not going to stick a needle in her balloon, but holy madonna!
About Richard - did you ever get a private message from him when he was exposing Godsmacked (dumb) as a fraud?
lol...I remember how surprised I was when I adopted Baron. An application packet, for Christ's sake. But once I was approved, they could not WAIT for me to get him out of there. I was a day ahead of a man who wanted my contact info so he could talk me out of Baron.
That was wise of you to pass on that cat. I have one, daughter has one, which equals two too many. Mine is utterly useless but very low maintenance. The other is gorgeous, highly intelligent (he even poses for pics) and an absolute nightmare when he feels wronged. Shredded toilet paper, clawed mattresses, and an 8 x 11" portrait tumbling down the stairs the other night. sigh...

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi and Baron

#10992 Jan 30, 2013
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Rose, forget to answer this part of your post - no, never did. How was she a fraud?

“Pass the sunscreen”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#10995 Jan 30, 2013
Mia wrote:
<quoted text>
It takes a lot to make me blush ;-)
Oooh.....a challenge.
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 9 min -The Finisher- 1,196
Welcome To The Topix Internet Top Mod 21 (Feb '12) 10 min -The Finisher- 6,563
Word association game (Sep '12) 55 min -Sprocket- 2,857
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 58 min -Sprocket- 8,224
**** Last post wins a prop **** New game .. rea... (Jul '12) 59 min -Sprocket- 597
play last word! (Aug '12) 20 hr So_da_lish_us 355
Looking to show off on skype to men 22 hr fictionw0000rthy 1