Books, Recipes, Gardening AND

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6942 Dec 12, 2012
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to series Michener and Clavell were the two I explored. Liked Centennial by James Michener the best
Good morning, Rose ... I liked Michener / Texas ... also made into a movie I believer or a mini series, can't recall at this time ... excellent writer as I've experienced ... will explore Clavell further ... always looking for a good read ... thanks for the heads up ... Enjoy your day ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6943 Dec 12, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Carlin was a honey badger. Never cared a lick about offending others. So many good routines, but the one about "stuff" sticks in my mind.
Hi Junket ... it's true what he says about "stuff" ... so very true ... lol ... have a fun day and get rid of your stuff, haha

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6944 Dec 12, 2012
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
My dad took us on a (1/2) way cross country trip. Stayed at cheap route 66 motels and other dives. For a professional white collar man who earned a decent income, he was cheeeaaaap. But I guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree because one of my greatest pleasures when I travel is looking for those same sort of dives.
Anyhow, on that one trip, my father, on the way home decided to explore every ghost town he could find. He took us into some of the most remote areas of Nevada. My mother, a natural born worrier, cried the entire time. Thinking back, we could of died. Something similar happened to my best friends family. Lost in Death Valley for a week. 60's The grandparents hired a bush scout to go in search of them. They fortunately had found a desert rat who took them in.
I remember one of those dives on the way from Texas to San Diego to California ... we stopped in Yuma I think for the night ... It must've been a "dive" as you so call it ... We had 5 kids in the valley, it was 1974 ... My sister put some quarters in one of those beds so it would move ... she laid on it and it moved ... she threw up afterward, LOL ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6945 Dec 12, 2012
Richard Barlow wrote:
Did a quick scan of recent posts and saw that this was still being discussed. Other than being there, this is about as close as you can get to seeing them. Busy at the moment, but will talk later when time permits. Busy, busy, busy. Tis the season. Enjoy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =SkiNUMKKsgMXX&sns=em
enchanting, magical ...

Thank you so much for sharing that with us ... I loved the music that accompanied the video ... beautiful! FC ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6946 Dec 12, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't thought of that in years~~
RD was not an attractive man.
Did you see Natural Born Killers?
I was surprised he had a role in
that movie.
Hi Ruby ... I never really liked RD ... until I saw him in a movie named BACK TO SCHOOL ... he was Ha-Halarious ... had respect for him and his humor after that ... it was truly a funny film ... enjoy your day ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6947 Dec 12, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>He was funny in Back to School and Caddyshack.
Hi covcas ... I didn't see this post ... just saw Ruby's and posted ... this was next post I went back to ... Good day ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6948 Dec 12, 2012
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yep, yep, yep... The inappropriate Christmas ornaments were worse:(
I saw this video and while I think it's kind of lame it's not as bad as people are making it out to be. The story and comments are hilarious, though.
http://www.happyplace.com/19779/john-travolta...
the cop and soldier dancing were the best as was the little boy dancing ... still I can't believe I watched the whole video ... the comment about Travolta's hair being kiwi shoe polish was hysterical, LOL ...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6949 Dec 12, 2012
-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in, and I can cook up a heck of a dinner in a dutch oven over hot coals, sans beans of course. Forget the van, let's ride mules. Seems more authentic that way. We can give them Topix names...well never mind that for now.
What? No camp fire scene like in Blazing Saddles?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#6950 Dec 12, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember one of those dives on the way from Texas to San Diego to California ... we stopped in Yuma I think for the night ... It must've been a "dive" as you so call it ... We had 5 kids in the valley, it was 1974 ... My sister put some quarters in one of those beds so it would move ... she laid on it and it moved ... she threw up afterward, LOL ...
We did that as kids too! The beds didn't always work but, when they did, we weren't too impressed so we jumped on the beds while they were shaking.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6951 Dec 12, 2012
Bertie D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Rand. I don't really drink, so for some reason people always make me the designated driver.
Hi Bertie ... I don't drink either ... I'm always the DD ... better to have a DD than to have a relative or friend in a bad place ... we are good for them ... good day ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6952 Dec 12, 2012
_RandMan_ wrote:
Somebody has to be the guardian of the cork screw. We don't want to start the climb up the mountains and find out there's no corkscrew! I might be able to gnaw through one but it'll take a while. ArtGal, can you bake cookies in a dutch oven? ROAD TRIP!! Who else is coming? Ruby? Cov? Cat? Richard? KP? RIcky? Who else wants to go see a real ghost town?
Hi RM ... as long as we get to see tumbleweeds, lol ...
morning to you ...

Location hidden

#6953 Dec 12, 2012
-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
No need for a designated driver this way, and we get to slap our favorite ass on the ass. No worries if you choose the name I want, I've got about four backups.
Yeah. I've got a few names in mind too. I wonder if they're the same ones. LOL!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6954 Dec 12, 2012
The Troll Doll wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I play with the chainsaw? I can cook a pretty good meal in a dutch oven but never tried dessert.
Morning Troll Doll ... I don't cook ... sitting here trying to figure out what a "dutch oven" is, lol ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6955 Dec 12, 2012
-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
No need for a designated driver this way, and we get to slap our favorite ass on the ass. No worries if you choose the name I want, I've got about four backups.
LOL ... funny, cat ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6956 Dec 12, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
Good morning~~
CROCK-A-DOODLE-DOOOOOO!!!
This wake-up call is brought to you by the coffee pouring cock...
hahahaha ...

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#6957 Dec 12, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
morning to you ...
Is this anything like hoping to see alligators while visiting Florida?

Location hidden

#6958 Dec 12, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa RandMan! You're talking first cabin camping, like they do on the Rubicon Run!
The best I can do over an open fire is bacon and eggs in the morning! Well, and fried 'taters.
Chain saw? I think we should rough it to a certain extent. We ladies are going to want to watch the men cut wood with axes! All kidding aside, I've always enjoyed watching that.
You are a very handy man, my friend!
What about sleeping arrangements? Tents? Open air?
I know you'll be sure to dot every i and cross every t~!
Well, we could bring an axe for exhibition chopping, just for you girls, but that's an awful lot of work for just one chunk of wood. Since we'll be partying till the sun comes up, we'll need a lot of firewood. Besides, chain saws are fun to play with.(Just ask Erin.) Troll Doll says she wants to try it.

I guess sleeping arrangements will depend on how well everybody gets along. That's gonna be interesting.

I hope somebody remembers aspirin and Tums.

Should we invite one of the mods? You know, in case somebody needs to be removed?

Location hidden

#6959 Dec 12, 2012
Flower-Child wrote:
<quoted text>
morning to you ...
Good morning, FC. If they bring moonshine, no telling what we'll see. Maybe even unicorns and pink elephants. I'm sure tumbleweeds will be no problem.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#6960 Dec 12, 2012
Olivia Newton John~~
jmo~she's had her skin stretched to the point she can't smile or move in a normal way.
I didn't recognize her.
And yes I agree, John Travolta looks like someone painted his hair on, using a stencil.

“That's all folks...”

Paradise North Georgia

#6961 Dec 12, 2012
_RandMan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Should we invite one of the mods? You know, in case somebody needs to be removed?
Please don't~~
That would eliminate some fun people and leave others sitting around the campfire listening to a bunch of crypticism.
Personally, I like full sentences...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Wabbit Hutch (May '11) 3 hr texas pete 1,332
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 7 hr -Sprocket- 3,567
Go Blue Forever = troll 7 hr positivevibess 2
Who is the real Jonboy 7 hr holly 1
Northern Virginia meet up (straight)?? 20 hr LOboy 1
Lost my front tooth!! Tue -meabadboy- 2
Bigfoot sightings Aug 30 -meabadboy- 69
More from around the web