Comments
5,981 - 6,000 of 18,077 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6543
Dec 3, 2012
 
Richard Barlow wrote:
<quoted text>
*hides behind couch giggling*
*chases Richard with a can of "Stop That!" from PetSmart*
:)

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6544
Dec 3, 2012
 
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>*chases Richard with a can of "Stop That!" from PetSmart*
:)
RUN BARON!!!!!

She has 'THE CAN'.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6545
Dec 3, 2012
 
Barbi A wrote:
^^^
My post is messed up but I'm not going to bother correcting it.
I just put my stainless steel tea kettle in the microwave instead of atop the range burner. I really did that. Yes, I caught myself before I turned it on.
And this, boys and girls, is why you just say NO.:)

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Hoffman Estates, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6546
Dec 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Barbi A wrote:
^^^
My post is messed up but I'm not going to bother correcting it.
I just put my stainless steel tea kettle in the microwave instead of atop the range burner. I really did that. Yes, I caught myself before I turned it on.
I think some metal CAN go in the microwave. Maybe cast iron? I read that somewhere. Definitely not stainless though. Anybody know?

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6547
Dec 3, 2012
 
Richard Barlow wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only dream of a drop off point out in the desert. I have to take this stuff all the way to UPS in Vernon. It's in coolers packed with dry ice. People go on line and order what they want and then Omaha Steaks ships it to UPS who delivers it to your door. I've had a contract with them for almost 4yrs now. One of my guys lives in Plant City, FL. He brings produce up from FL to produce houses in KC and Omaha, then hauls Omaha Steaks back to UPS Orlando. He's able to make two rounds and then take 4 days off. The Vernon run is kind of a pain. You're never sure what's going to be available to get out of there with. But, that's just part of the job.
Vernon; yes, I'm familiar with it. Home of Bandini Mountain and the local slaughter and rendering houses. There is an oder that comes out of that area, when it's hot and the air is still, that turned me into a vegetarian. Vegans are completely un-animal based. That includes honey amoung the die hards. Vegetarian's usually eat dairy although some shy away from eggs. Fish and chicken is just code for not eating red meat. lol

So when you say you don't know what's available, does that mean quantity or type? The streets of downtown LA aren't the easiest to get around on in a truck. I'm assuming you come in on the 5 or 10 and drive Soto

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6548
Dec 3, 2012
 
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>I think some metal CAN go in the microwave. Maybe cast iron? I read that somewhere. Definitely not stainless though. Anybody know?
I have no idea but don't want to try it. I have a salad plate monogrammed with gold my bro sent me home with (a goodie on it) and I'm afraid to put it in the microwave.
But haven't you ever been so deep in thought (NOT DRUGS RICHARD) that you do something dumb, like sprinkle sugar instead of salt on your food? Or put something frozen into the cabinet instead of the freezer?

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6549
Dec 3, 2012
 
I think some of the little cartons of instant soups may have a band of something metallic that are microwavable...but I'm not sure.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6551
Dec 3, 2012
 
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Vernon; yes, I'm familiar with it. Home of Bandini Mountain and the local slaughter and rendering houses. There is an oder that comes out of that area, when it's hot and the air is still, that turned me into a vegetarian. Vegans are completely un-animal based. That includes honey amoung the die hards. Vegetarian's usually eat dairy although some shy away from eggs. Fish and chicken is just code for not eating red meat. lol
So when you say you don't know what's available, does that mean quantity or type? The streets of downtown LA aren't the easiest to get around on in a truck. I'm assuming you come in on the 5 or 10 and drive Soto
710 to Bandini. Bandini to Vernon. UPS is on the corner of Bandini and Vernon.
Available means produce, Chinese food, seafood or mackerel for pet food. Sometimes we get dairy products from out of the Central Valley. Not very often though. With the storms, its hard to harvest the crops and get out to sea for the fish. So, it's kind of a crap shoot at the moment. I was talking to my guy that was originally going to be bringing this load out. He said, "You know, it might be rough finding something out of Cali don't you"? I said. Exactly. And if you get there and I can't get you out for a couple of days, you aren't paying your bills. Mine are covered. So, I'll sit and wait for something to come up. Not the first time. Won't be the last.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6553
Dec 3, 2012
 
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea but don't want to try it. I have a salad plate monogrammed with gold my bro sent me home with (a goodie on it) and I'm afraid to put it in the microwave.
But haven't you ever been so deep in thought (NOT DRUGS RICHARD) that you do something dumb, like sprinkle sugar instead of salt on your food? Or put something frozen into the cabinet instead of the freezer?
Not too long ago, I put a package of frozen hot dog rolls in the microwave to defrost them and I forgot that little twisty tie thing that holds the bag shut was still on there. My replacement microwave that I had to buy the next day is stainless steel! There is a magnatron inside that emits high frequency radar energy. Metal reflects that energy back into the magnatron and causes them to fail with an impressive cloud of acrid smelling smoke. Then they become a useless metal box that takes up a lot of room on your counter top. You'll notice that gold monogram making colorful sparks just before it happens.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6555
Dec 3, 2012
 
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea but don't want to try it. I have a salad plate monogrammed with gold my bro sent me home with (a goodie on it) and I'm afraid to put it in the microwave.
But haven't you ever been so deep in thought (NOT DRUGS RICHARD) that you do something dumb, like sprinkle sugar instead of salt on your food? Or put something frozen into the cabinet instead of the freezer?
Oh...um...you betcha.

Pssst...Baron...get the baggie boy...go get it. Now bring it here. Gooood boy.*just act innocent. She'll never know.*

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6556
Dec 3, 2012
 
_RandMan_ wrote:
<quoted text>Not too long ago, I put a package of frozen hot dog rolls in the microwave to defrost them and I forgot that little twisty tie thing that holds the bag shut was still on there. My replacement microwave that I had to buy the next day is stainless steel! There is a magnatron inside that emits high frequency radar energy. Metal reflects that energy back into the magnatron and causes them to fail with an impressive cloud of acrid smelling smoke. Then they become a useless metal box that takes up a lot of room on your counter top. You'll notice that gold monogram making colorful sparks just before it happens.
You 'used' to be able to put metal into a microwave. As long as it wasn't touching the inside of the unit. I remember going to my parents house and my mother had a wooden pad that she would put in and sit the pan on it. Don't know what type of metal it was though. My kids used to leave spoons in the bowls they were heating stuff up in. Again, not sure what metal the spoons were. But that was some years back. Things may have changed by now.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6557
Dec 3, 2012
 
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Do you or Richard remember our "Blood Alley" that went though San Ardo?
I don't remember when they finished 101, but I recall riding through there with my parents and Dad being very nervous. It had apparently earned it's reputation.
I know there was a stretch of old 101 that had a bad reputation. May be the same place you're talking about. I recall that at one time, it had the highest highway death rate in Cali.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6558
Dec 3, 2012
 
Richard Barlow wrote:
<quoted text>
ARE YOU CRAZY WOMAN?!?!
I hope you wait until late in the year when the temps are cooler and the poisonous critters aren't out. It gets hot enough out there to fry an egg on a rock. But those places are the prettiest to see though.
The photos were taken in the winter when the construction project I was preparing for had broken ground. Poor guys told me how miserable it was while they were working on it throughout the summer. Happily I wasn't on the project until the building's air conditioning was running and the temps were in the low 100's. I was looking into motels at the time. The project manager broke all the rules and told me where the key was hidden. No motel for me. Had a 6 million dollar building, out in the middle of nowhere, all to myself. Bliss

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6559
Dec 3, 2012
 
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
The photos were taken in the winter when the construction project I was preparing for had broken ground. Poor guys told me how miserable it was while they were working on it throughout the summer. Happily I wasn't on the project until the building's air conditioning was running and the temps were in the low 100's. I was looking into motels at the time. The project manager broke all the rules and told me where the key was hidden. No motel for me. Had a 6 million dollar building, out in the middle of nowhere, all to myself. Bliss
That's good to hear. Before I put Tri Pacs on the trucks, I blew a turbo out on 58 near Boron. Took the repair shop 16hrs to get a wrecker to me. Not the place to be in mid August. Especially without AC.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6560
Dec 3, 2012
 
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
That is my favorite show Rose. Tomorrow night is the last episode of season 5. I would love to get a bit part on that show just to say I was a part of it. The writing by Kurt Sutter is awesome. And his wife in real life, Katey Sagal is as far away from her part in "Married With Children" as you can get.
Don't tell me what happens, pleeeease. I just found out while I was doing a little research about filming locations, that one of the actors died falling off a wall after killing his elderly landlord. Anyhow, I was right about the Tujunga/Sunland location. Found this great location site blog.

http://filming.90210locations.info/tv-locatio...

“If you can't beat um join um”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Under the troll bridge

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6561
Dec 3, 2012
 
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea but don't want to try it. I have a salad plate monogrammed with gold my bro sent me home with (a goodie on it) and I'm afraid to put it in the microwave.
But haven't you ever been so deep in thought (NOT DRUGS RICHARD) that you do something dumb, like sprinkle sugar instead of salt on your food? Or put something frozen into the cabinet instead of the freezer?
Worse than that, but I didn't do it. Hubby lost the remote one night. OMG! What a frenzy.......... His life would never be the same without it.

I found it later in the refrigerator..........

One morning when my son was a baby I grabbed the Desitin instead of the toothpaste. No wonder that stuff worked so good to prevent diaper rash. I took all day to get that taste out of my mouth.

On a more serious note, don't put your plate in the microwave. I have some gold rimmed dishes. Yikes! It looked like lightening in there.

“Hopping around Topix”

Since: Nov 08

On The Highway To Hell

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6562
Dec 4, 2012
 
rubygoober wrote:
Good morning everyone~~
Good morning Ruby, and Good morning Everyone!!

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6563
Dec 4, 2012
 
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't tell me what happens, pleeeease. I just found out while I was doing a little research about filming locations, that one of the actors died falling off a wall after killing his elderly landlord. Anyhow, I was right about the Tujunga/Sunland location. Found this great location site blog.
http://filming.90210locations.info/tv-locatio...
No way would I spoil the show by spilling the future of SAMCRO. Each season has it's own theme but intertwine as the show progresses. I got season 2 for my birthday and just finished watching it. Even though I saw the show when it ran originally I had forgotten much about the characters. Thank you so much for the location site blog. It answers some debate we had at work about filming locations.

Since: Jan 12

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6564
Dec 4, 2012
 
The Troll Doll wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse than that, but I didn't do it. Hubby lost the remote one night. OMG! What a frenzy.......... His life would never be the same without it.
I found it later in the refrigerator..........
One morning when my son was a baby I grabbed the Desitin instead of the toothpaste. No wonder that stuff worked so good to prevent diaper rash. I took all day to get that taste out of my mouth.
On a more serious note, don't put your plate in the microwave. I have some gold rimmed dishes. Yikes! It looked like lightening in there.
Hey TD~~
I recently put a coffee mug in the microwave not thinking about
the gold rim. You're right, it was like a mini-fireworks...

Since: Jan 12

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6565
Dec 4, 2012
 
Wabbit wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Ruby, and Good morning Everyone!!
Good morning to you my silly wabbit~~
Did you get your trix?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Topix Forum right now

Search the Topix Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Skateboarding Cat 12 min --catsarecool-- 1
Lisa Dallas turner 14 min Possible stalker 1
Dog Saves Another After It Was Hit On The Highway 14 min -sasha6- 8
Chicken Is Totally Black Even the Meat, Bones, ... 15 min soso 3
Struggling101's Game Plan On Life With A Forced... 30 min --Rickster-- 483
risperdal risperdole 51 min they hear voices 50
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 1 hr Junket 18,196
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••