Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6525 Dec 3, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Oh don't worry about that Richard. It wasn't a good painting, anyway. You couldn't tell what it was.
Well if that's the case, then I'm going with the French fry eating chimp.

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6526 Dec 3, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
Nobody has said a work about my avatar, so I'm going to go change.
lol, that's the spirit ...

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

#6527 Dec 3, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Oh don't worry about that Richard. It wasn't a good painting, anyway. You couldn't tell what it was.
A Picasso?

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#6528 Dec 3, 2012
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
A Picasso?
lol...I guess you could say that. No wonder nobody said anything, or even stood in front of it with their arms crossed and spectacles sliding down their noses. Just hurry on by.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#6529 Dec 3, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>I can't find anything I like! I need to go out and buy a new avatar!!
Xmas is coming up soon.Perhaps you'll get a gift certificate to The Avatar Store...

Have you been a good girl?

Location hidden

#6530 Dec 3, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>And so I went back to that, until I can figure out how to put on an Santa's Helper hat! lol
I intend to be hung by the chimney with care. Maybe a hat too.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#6531 Dec 3, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Xmas is coming up soon.Perhaps you'll get a gift certificate to The Avatar Store...
Have you been a good girl?
Oh, yes!
I've never been good, Ferrerman. If I feel it coming on, I just take a nap.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#6532 Dec 3, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>I intend to be hung by the chimney with care. Maybe a hat too.
LOL! I know someone on this forum who will wake up screaming, "Come Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Vixen! Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen!"

Location hidden

#6533 Dec 3, 2012
Here's a little time saving tip for those who hate putting Christmas lights up and then taking them down every year.

Using 1"x1" pine,(8,10,12 foot lengths) route a groove 1/4" wide x 1/8" deep lengthwise in each piece. Using LED Christmas lights, drill holes at measured intervals along the groove that bore completely thru the piece. Make sure that the holes allow for the wire between each light to fit into the groove without stretching or bunching. The LED should protrude just enough to allow for bulb replacement if needed. Ours are 5yrs old and still going strong. Next, measure the roofline along the eaves. Cut the pieces and mitre the corners. Then paint the pieces to match the color of the eaves. Once dry, install the lights in the pieces and fill the grooves with bathroom caulk. Try and make your pieces so that the lights connect with each other where the pieces join. Overfill the groove with caulk just a bit. While the caulk is wet, install the light strips on the eaves with wood screws so that the caulk will seal them from water that can freeze behind your work and cause damage to the wires. Once installed, unless you're expressly looking for it, you don't even notice the addition to the eaves. And no more tedious installation or removal of Christmas lights.

Location hidden

#6534 Dec 3, 2012
Richard Barlow wrote:
Here's a little time saving tip for those who hate putting Christmas lights up and then taking them down every year.
Using 1"x1" pine,(8,10,12 foot lengths) route a groove 1/4" wide x 1/8" deep lengthwise in each piece. Using LED Christmas lights, drill holes at measured intervals along the groove that bore completely thru the piece. Make sure that the holes allow for the wire between each light to fit into the groove without stretching or bunching. The LED should protrude just enough to allow for bulb replacement if needed. Ours are 5yrs old and still going strong. Next, measure the roofline along the eaves. Cut the pieces and mitre the corners. Then paint the pieces to match the color of the eaves. Once dry, install the lights in the pieces and fill the grooves with bathroom caulk. Try and make your pieces so that the lights connect with each other where the pieces join. Overfill the groove with caulk just a bit. While the caulk is wet, install the light strips on the eaves with wood screws so that the caulk will seal them from water that can freeze behind your work and cause damage to the wires. Once installed, unless you're expressly looking for it, you don't even notice the addition to the eaves. And no more tedious installation or removal of Christmas lights.
OR, there is the less complicated Ferrerman method of never putting lights up in the first place... Some might also opt to put them up but never take them down...

The mention of "wood screws" always brings a chuckle. A company I worked at down South years ago was having racial difficulties (law suits) and needed to promote someone to make themselves not look evil. So, they promoted this guy Greg who was so talentless he might as well be in charge. One of the fellas asked Greg to pick up a box of wood screws. I had the pleasure to witness the confusion on Greg's face as he responded: "Screws...made out of wood??!!"
He wasn't kidding. Later, they had no choice but to make him a superintendent.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#6535 Dec 3, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>OR, there is the less complicated Ferrerman method of never putting lights up in the first place... Some might also opt to put them up but never take them down...
The mention of "wood screws" always brings a chuckle. A company I worked at down South years ago was having racial difficulties (law suits) and needed to promote someone to make themselves not look evil. So, they promoted this guy Greg who was so talentless he might as well be in charge. One of the fellas asked Greg to pick up a box of wood screws. I had the pleasure to witness the confusion on Greg's face as he responded: "Screws...made out of wood??!!"
Ahem...in all fairness to Greg, I didn't know there was any such things as wood screws. I know there are plastic screws and wood peg things that hold furniture together, but I thought all screws were metal.

Location hidden

#6536 Dec 3, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>OR, there is the less complicated Ferrerman method of never putting lights up in the first place... Some might also opt to put them up but never take them down...
Lol. Sounds like he'd be perfect for the highway directors position.
It would be much simpler to not put them up in the first place. But alas, when you're married to a German woman from the old country and are yourself descended from Germans, its kind of a requirement that most everything not moveable, and something's that are, be decorated. When she saw a battery powered light up horse blanket, I knew by her reaction that I wasn't getting out of putting up Christmas lights. Ever. And besides, my kids and grand kids would never forgive me if the place wasn't glowing like Chernobyl on Christmas Eve.

Location hidden

#6537 Dec 3, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Ahem...in all fairness to Greg, I didn't know there was any such things as wood screws. I know there are plastic screws and wood peg things that hold furniture together, but I thought all screws were metal.
Oh ya, they're all the rage these days. You can usually find them by the muffler bearings and knuter valves. Next time you're in the pet store, ask one of the clerks. They'll know where they are.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#6538 Dec 3, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Ahem...in all fairness to Greg, I didn't know there was any such things as wood screws. I know there are plastic screws and wood peg things that hold furniture together, but I thought all screws were metal.
metal screws specifically made for wood. The steel isn't as hard and it's more expensive

Location hidden

#6539 Dec 3, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
The screws were FOR wood, not made out of wood. As A framer, Greg should have known that. He wasn't too knowledgeable about his job. I wish I could say he was a nice guy but, he was a rat batsard.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#6540 Dec 3, 2012
OK, thanks you all. Especially MR. Barlow, who is particularly facetious this fine evening.
I'll have you know that I actually took apart the power head of a vacuum cleaner on Sunday WITH a Swiss Army Knife.
No, I could not fix it.
But I took the danged thing apart!!

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#6541 Dec 3, 2012
^^^
My post is messed up but I'm not going to bother correcting it.
I just put my stainless steel tea kettle in the microwave instead of atop the range burner. I really did that. Yes, I caught myself before I turned it on.

Location hidden

#6542 Dec 3, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
OK, thanks you all. Especially MR. Barlow, who is particularly facetious this fine evening.
I'll have you know that I actually took apart the power head of a vacuum cleaner on Sunday WITH a Swiss Army Knife.
No, I could not fix it.
But I took the danged thing apart!!
*hides behind couch giggling*

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Barbi & Baron

#6543 Dec 3, 2012
Richard Barlow wrote:
<quoted text>
*hides behind couch giggling*
*chases Richard with a can of "Stop That!" from PetSmart*
:)

Location hidden

#6544 Dec 3, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>*chases Richard with a can of "Stop That!" from PetSmart*
:)
RUN BARON!!!!!

She has 'THE CAN'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Indianapolis girl, 9, arrested in battery of yo... 1 hr Vic_Mitch 3
top millionaire dating sites | millionaire dati... 8 hr Clara morphy 1
Leg Ache 12 hr pratyushkedia1712... 1
Why do black women hate white women? 20 hr whatever 5
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 22 hr Hatti_Hollerand 18,797
Sexy time Tue gaurav 3
Meet rich single and wealthy women to make rela... Tue Clara 1

Topix People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE