“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

#6023 Nov 22, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! The 70's were so photogenic...
Oh yeah!

Have you seen these? I saw this on another site but can't remember where so I found it here. The Baby Laugh A Lot commercial is SO creepy.

http://socialtimes.com/vintage-toy-commercial...

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#6024 Nov 22, 2012
DazzleDat wrote:
In 12
I blame the wine...
Theirs or yours? <snort>
Yep, those turkey toppers are special.

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#6025 Nov 22, 2012
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>Theirs or yours? <snort>
Yep, those turkey toppers are special.
Yes

The toys brought back memories. I had one of the Mr Potato Heads where you used a real potato. You didn't want to step on those pieces.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#6026 Nov 22, 2012
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah!
Have you seen these? I saw this on another site but can't remember where so I found it here. The Baby Laugh A Lot commercial is SO creepy.
http://socialtimes.com/vintage-toy-commercial...
YIKES! Fortunately, I don't recall any of those commercials. The baby one was listed as "private" (the laffing one) The peeing baby shoulda been....

“Operation Duck Face”

Since: May 11

Quackers 4 You

#6027 Nov 22, 2012
covcas wrote:
<quoted text>Lions and Tigers and Bears? Oh my! I love Wizard of Oz. It was on the other night--up against the Walking Dead that so many seem to enjoy. I prefer the Wizard.
Speaking of the Wizard of Oz... My youngest just found out on Wednesday that he will be playing the part of the Scarecrow in his school's production this spring. He also found out he was chosen as part of our county's all star choir and will be singing with our symphony in their Christmas show. All reasons for me to get better!!!

Happy Thanksgiving! My Danny surprised me with a visit. He is almost done with jump school at Ft. Benning. My husband knew he was coming but kept it a secret from me. It was so very hard not to jump out of bed and hug him when he walked into my room.

In other ArtGal news, minor setback with a spike in my bloodwork. But, this too shall pass.

I certainly hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with friends, family and food.

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#6028 Nov 22, 2012
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
The toys brought back memories. I had one of the Mr Potato Heads where you used a real potato. You didn't want to step on those pieces.
I didn't know they made the parts for real potatoes till I saw that commercial. Those parts must have been really sharp. Yikes!

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#6029 Nov 22, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>YIKES! Fortunately, I don't recall any of those commercials. The baby one was listed as "private" (the laffing one) The peeing baby shoulda been....
Oh lord...we both said 'yikes'. The rumors we're the same person will start again. LOL

The laughing doll was just plainass WEIRD. That was straight out of a Stephen King book/movie. The peeing baby doll....yeah...that was really unnecessary. Of course now they have dolls that make breast feeding sounds. Seems like they always go back to biological functions every generation or so.

#6030 Nov 22, 2012
AG, it is so good to see you. What a wonderful surprise Danny gave you. I am so glad he was able to visit. You work on doing what the doctors ask of you. Several of us are sending you healing vibes and lifting you up.

#6031 Nov 22, 2012
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know they made the parts for real potatoes till I saw that commercial. Those parts must have been really sharp. Yikes!
Well don't get pi$$ed at your cousin and try to stab him with one. I am still not sure who started it but we both had body pieces and we were going after each other. Mr Potato Head came up missing afterwards.

Location hidden

#6032 Nov 22, 2012
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>Oh lord...we both said 'yikes'. The rumors we're the same person will start again. LOL
The laughing doll was just plainass WEIRD. That was straight out of a Stephen King book/movie. The peeing baby doll....yeah...that was really unnecessary. Of course now they have dolls that make breast feeding sounds. Seems like they always go back to biological functions every generation or so.
Wait a minute- we're not?

We had a "Danny O'Day"(?) ventriloquist doll for some reason that creeped us all out. I think there had been a Twilight Zone about such a doll and I'm sure there was one about a girl doll- "Talking Tina" maybe?

YIKES AGAIN!

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#6033 Nov 22, 2012
ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of the Wizard of Oz... My youngest just found out on Wednesday that he will be playing the part of the Scarecrow in his school's production this spring. He also found out he was chosen as part of our county's all star choir and will be singing with our symphony in their Christmas show. All reasons for me to get better!!!
Happy Thanksgiving! My Danny surprised me with a visit. He is almost done with jump school at Ft. Benning. My husband knew he was coming but kept it a secret from me. It was so very hard not to jump out of bed and hug him when he walked into my room.
In other ArtGal news, minor setback with a spike in my bloodwork. But, this too shall pass.
I certainly hope everyone had a wonderful holiday with friends, family and food.
Danny must be a wonderful young man. What a great surprise! I'm so happy for you, ArtGal. And congrats to your other son for getting the Scarecrow part and being chosen for the choir. I'm sure you'll be there with bells on!

With the upset of an operation and the drugs they give you for pain your body might have a few hiccups getting settled, but I bet things will settle down and you'll be outta there before you know it. We're all pulling for you:)

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#6034 Nov 22, 2012
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
Well don't get pi$$ed at your cousin and try to stab him with one. I am still not sure who started it but we both had body pieces and we were going after each other. Mr Potato Head came up missing afterwards.
Guess that's one way to make sure that never happened again. LOL

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#6035 Nov 22, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Wait a minute- we're not?
We had a "Danny O'Day"(?) ventriloquist doll for some reason that creeped us all out. I think there had been a Twilight Zone about such a doll and I'm sure there was one about a girl doll- "Talking Tina" maybe?
YIKES AGAIN!
I saw the episode with the talking doll. Don't remember the name but it was very, very creepy. Ventriloquist dolls are the worst! No wait....clown dolls are the worst!

One word: Poltergeist.

Location hidden

#6036 Nov 22, 2012
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>I saw the episode with the talking doll. Don't remember the name but it was very, very creepy. Ventriloquist dolls are the worst! No wait....clown dolls are the worst!
One word: Poltergeist.
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

Since: Feb 08

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6037 Nov 22, 2012
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>Things got worse here as the day went on, Flower-Child. VERY big back-ups on at least two of the main expressways. I guess it all worked out and people eventually got to where they needed to go.
Of course just when you think you've remembered everything.... I forgot to get MILK. I don't normally buy much milk but I wanted it for my gravy so my husband ran out and got it this morning. It's always something!
glad it all turned out okay, H ... it's all good!...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6038 Nov 22, 2012
DazzleDat wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ...

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#6039 Nov 22, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>YIKES!!!!!!!!!!
Spielberg knew exactly how to exploit all those childhood fears.

And on that note, I'm going to say goodnight. It's been a looooong day.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6040 Nov 22, 2012
DazzleDat wrote:
Oh and covcas, thanks for your earlier posts about how today should be about giving thanks. I, for one, appreciated the effort.
ditto ...

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6041 Nov 22, 2012
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>Spielberg knew exactly how to exploit all those childhood fears.
And on that note, I'm going to say goodnight. It's been a looooong day.
Talk to you all tomorrow!
I'm watching the Michael Jackson special and then lights out for me as well ... Goodnight, Hegel! Sleep tight, dream light zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

“TEXAS ... SECEDE”

REPUBLIC OF TEXAS

#6042 Nov 22, 2012
Goodnight Daz and all ... it was a very nice day ... 35-0 Pats over Jets at the half ... not very nice for the Jets ... had to turn it off ... Catch yall on the morrow ... Nite nite ... FC <3 ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 37 min Ricky F 3,272
I'm afraid I may be alone forever! 59 min Grow a spine 4
43 Now viewing this forum (May '14) 5 hr randy andy 126
money 6 hr mandla 1
Speaking in Tongues 8 hr Tony17 11
County Garage Lights 12 hr Newbie and ready ... 1
should judgviolate the judical system's integerity 15 hr Jim Meredith 3
More from around the web