Books, Recipes, Gardening AND

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

#3451 Oct 9, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
Pomegranate counter tops are very tasty! However, they don't last long and attract ants.
I smell a trend!!!

LOL

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3452 Oct 9, 2012
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it? Just don't stand too close to the edge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Id3HFxs2A8wXX&feature=rel ated
Cheah! I like the commentary.

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Alhambra, CA

#3453 Oct 9, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Though not an ardent follower, I'd say "Breaking Bad" is better, more gripping. I might have mentioned that I'm a fan of AMC's "The Walking Dead" despite my lack of interest in zombies (as villians) and being no real fan of 'squishy' violence. I like good characters and story lines. Your partner might also have been thinking of "The Devils Ride" a sort of reality series about an actual San Diego motorcycle club. It's far from Sons Of Anarchy but, it's amusing. It's like scruffy-frat boys on Harleys rather than the criminal enterprise drama of 'Sons'.
Breaking Bad was brilliant! In the top five of series for me. Btw: Spoiler alert - haven't seen the last season, so don't tell. I also love the city of Albuquerque. It reminds me of Los Angeles 50 years ago; including the similar Sandia mountain range that anchors it on one side.

What other series have you seen that you liked? One of the earliest was Six Feet Under and the Sopranos. Both of which I never made it through. Was renting video tape back then. I've also heard that The Wire is excellent. The first program series I got wrapped up in was Big Love, Carnival and Deadwood.

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Alhambra, CA

#3454 Oct 9, 2012
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been watching Sons since it began 5 years ago. It is my favorite program. I have never watched Breaking Bad but am told it is an incredible show. So I can't comment on it but plan on starting from season one later.
The Sons of Anarchy is a story about a motorcycle gang in CA that is primarily involved in gun running. This season has been unusually violent and graphic. Without knowing the cast of characters it would be hard to follow along at this point. If your partner watches the show tonight and doesn't get what the hell is going on I would suggest season 1 as a holiday gift. If he gets into the show then he can catch up at his own pace. I can say one thing about the show, the writers keep me guessing week to week. And for me I think that's what holds my interest the most in the show.
Ha! never buy what you can rent from the video store or what you can check out from the library. I like the premise of Sons and Anarchy. I'm antiquated in that I don't have cable. I did have Netflik but dropped it. I'll get it back when I hire a geek to set me up. I think I have all the go between objects necessary, but fail at getting them hooked up. Another techno moment of shame.

Hegel

“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

#3455 Oct 9, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheah! I like the commentary.
Yeah, that was fun.

KnightPirate

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

#3456 Oct 10, 2012
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! never buy what you can rent from the video store or what you can check out from the library. I like the premise of Sons and Anarchy. I'm antiquated in that I don't have cable. I did have Netflik but dropped it. I'll get it back when I hire a geek to set me up. I think I have all the go between objects necessary, but fail at getting them hooked up. Another techno moment of shame.
All this home technology is wonderful, when it's working. With all the desktops, laptops, pads, pods, game boxes, DVR's, wireless mice, printers, U Verse, sound systems, and other crap in this house I sometimes feel like a full time IT tech at home. I don't even want to get into the stuff in the car.

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Alhambra, CA

#3457 Oct 10, 2012
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
All this home technology is wonderful, when it's working. With all the desktops, laptops, pads, pods, game boxes, DVR's, wireless mice, printers, U Verse, sound systems, and other crap in this house I sometimes feel like a full time IT tech at home. I don't even want to get into the stuff in the car.
I made a purposeful break with technology. Limited cell phone use, roll up car windows etc. Oh, and now Kindle. Frankly, I miss the art on album covers, I like the smell of an old books. You might call me an old school "sensuous" (although I do luuuuuve the iPod for putting boom boxes out of business) When I see people out to dinner, playing with their mobile devices rather then interacting with one another, I find it disturbing.

Recently I saw some tabloid photos in People Magazine of Ashton Kutcher with his girlfriend. They were being presented as "romantic" but in one photo, while he was kissing her, he was looking over her shoulder at his phone. She was sans electronic devices, but he was using his in every shot.

“Live Love Laugh”

Level 1

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#3458 Oct 10, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for the nice thread, Hegel. Great idea! I'll start with one of my favorite quotes:
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together."
Liz Taylor
I love that quote!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#3459 Oct 10, 2012
Hello all. A little something to end the evening on.

&sn s=em

“Pass the sunscreen”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#3460 Oct 10, 2012
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
I made a purposeful break with technology. Limited cell phone use, roll up car windows etc. Oh, and now Kindle. Frankly, I miss the art on album covers, I like the smell of an old books. You might call me an old school "sensuous" (although I do luuuuuve the iPod for putting boom boxes out of business) When I see people out to dinner, playing with their mobile devices rather then interacting with one another, I find it disturbing.
Recently I saw some tabloid photos in People Magazine of Ashton Kutcher with his girlfriend. They were being presented as "romantic" but in one photo, while he was kissing her, he was looking over her shoulder at his phone. She was sans electronic devices, but he was using his in every shot.
Heretic!!!
*hug my XBox*
My precious

They just moved their boomboxes into the backs of their cars, now that does drive me nuts especially when I'm trying to sleep.

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Alhambra, CA

#3461 Oct 10, 2012
Richard Barlow wrote:
Hello all. A little something to end the evening on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Ot6pSrKT1ocXX&sns=em
I see that your currently on the road in Tulsa Oklahoma? Hope your time off the road was great. Didn't hear a peep from you so I imagine it was.

Santana - smooth

here's one to wake up to

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

btw: where are you headed?

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Alhambra, CA

#3462 Oct 10, 2012
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>Heretic!!!
*hug my XBox*
My precious
They just moved their boomboxes into the backs of their cars, now that does drive me nuts especially when I'm trying to sleep.
Heretic huh? that makes me laugh.

You've heard "Remember the Alamo?" I say "Remember the Panama invasion" (of Dictator Manuel Noriega). If I recall, that's how your "precious" got him to surrender lol

Location hidden

#3463 Oct 10, 2012
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that your currently on the road in Tulsa Oklahoma? Hope your time off the road was great. Didn't hear a peep from you so I imagine it was.
Santana - smooth
here's one to wake up to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FikZwgj89HIXX
btw: where are you headed?
Don't know why it's showing Tulsa. I was in Kansas City. On my way to pick up in Osceola, IA. From there it's on to Grandview, WA.

Time off was great. We thought we'd take the bike out for an overnighter before putting it away for the winter and ended up with 3 nights and four states behind us. It's not often that we get that much time to ourselves and we take advantage of it whenever we do.

So how is Ms Rose doing? Enjoying the weather? We had to plug the suits in Thursday and Friday. I luv this time of year.

“Resist Persist Exist”

Level 6

Alhambra, CA

#3464 Oct 11, 2012
Richard Barlow wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know why it's showing Tulsa. I was in Kansas City. On my way to pick up in Osceola, IA. From there it's on to Grandview, WA.
Time off was great. We thought we'd take the bike out for an overnighter before putting it away for the winter and ended up with 3 nights and four states behind us. It's not often that we get that much time to ourselves and we take advantage of it whenever we do.
So how is Ms Rose doing? Enjoying the weather? We had to plug the suits in Thursday and Friday. I luv this time of year.
Did you go east, west or south? Green with envy I am. Damn it, not sure if I'll be going anywhere with the California gas hikes. Might need to switch over to a moped and a cart to drag behind it.

So your headed to the warm side of Washington.(I googled) Seemed like the wet side of Washington was a hip place to head towards, back in the 80's. What's the Grandview area like? When I was in my late teens I had fantasies about being a truck driver. Doodson's School of Truck Driving. I think it's still around. lol

Anyhow, I'm still on the job site and entering stage two. We have a forecast of rain today. Not good for me, since I'm going to be outside (some cover). Fearing sideways rain and desert winds, which may be my undoing. Might grab a hotel and avoid the long commute home.

Have a good day. Stay safe

KnightPirate

“Supporting The Girl...”

With A Heart Of Gold

#3465 Oct 11, 2012
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandfather got his first computer about six months ago. I told him we couldn't send emails to his typewriter but he complained he afraid of computers. He said he was just getting used to the automatic transmission. He took some courses at the Senior Center and now my inbox is filled with quips and jokes from him. He says it keeps him in touch with his family and friends from around the country. Hopefully he'll begin to Skype. That will blow his mind.

“I looked, and behold,”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3466 Oct 11, 2012
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandfather got his first computer about six months ago. I told him we couldn't send emails to his typewriter but he complained he afraid of computers. He said he was just getting used to the automatic transmission. He took some courses at the Senior Center and now my inbox is filled with quips and jokes from him. He says it keeps him in touch with his family and friends from around the country. Hopefully he'll begin to Skype. That will blow his mind.
My older relatives are the ones who always blow up my inbox with jokes and what not.

KnightPirate

“Supporting The Girl...”

With A Heart Of Gold

#3467 Oct 11, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My older relatives are the ones who always blow up my inbox with jokes and what not.
I hear you. At least I know they're alive and they do send me stuff about other relatives I rarely hear from. I like to engage grandpa about growing up during his generation and raising his family. I get some great stuff about my mom to use to defend myself. The hippie freak.

Location hidden

#3468 Oct 11, 2012
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you go east, west or south? Green with envy I am. Damn it, not sure if I'll be going anywhere with the California gas hikes. Might need to switch over to a moped and a cart to drag behind it.
So your headed to the warm side of Washington.(I googled) Seemed like the wet side of Washington was a hip place to head towards, back in the 80's. What's the Grandview area like? When I was in my late teens I had fantasies about being a truck driver. Doodson's School of Truck Driving. I think it's still around. lol
Anyhow, I'm still on the job site and entering stage two. We have a forecast of rain today. Not good for me, since I'm going to be outside (some cover). Fearing sideways rain and desert winds, which may be my undoing. Might grab a hotel and avoid the long commute home.
Have a good day. Stay safe
The first day out was west to Missoula. There we picked up US-12 into and across Idaho. We followed 12 out of Lewiston all the way to the Columbia river. There we picked up US-730 down into Oregon and I-84. West on 84 thru the Columbia River Gorge to Portland and I-5. From there, we dropped down to Salem and took OR-22 to OR-126 and US-20 at Sisters. That brought us out in Ontario at I-84 again. East on 84 to I-86 over to Pocatello. North on I-15 to Idaho Falls where we get on US-26. Up thru the park and into the Beartooths and home. It's not as far as it sounds. It can be done in two days if you stay after it but we made a few stops on the way.

Well, time to head her into the wind. Stay dry and safe. Watch for the crazies on your commute. If its a long one, a room might be cheaper than the gas it takes to drive it. Deffinately safer than the traffic.

“Live Love Laugh”

Level 1

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#3469 Oct 11, 2012
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
How wonderful that he stepped out into something new!

“Pass the sunscreen”

Level 8

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#3470 Oct 11, 2012
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Heretic huh? that makes me laugh.
You've heard "Remember the Alamo?" I say "Remember the Panama invasion" (of Dictator Manuel Noriega). If I recall, that's how your "precious" got him to surrender lol
I'd forgotten all about that.
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
oscillator circuits 5 hr Willion Rose 1
American & Allied Soldiers Rock! (Jun '11) 9 hr DENG 16,806
make americ great again 13 hr North Mountain 3
Brothers & Sisters 13 hr my sister 1
Playing with my BBC. On k...ik and stroking 14 hr Ash 1
Gjhgjj 20 hr Bored 2
Pit Bulls Should B Banned (Mar '15) Thu Terifairy 122
More from around the web