Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Good morning...for a few more minutes!

Love this photo: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

“Operation Duck Face”

Since: May 11

Quackers 4 You

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Hegel wrote:
Nice!

Morning Hegel. How are you today?

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Hegel wrote:
I've got two words for that and they are both "WOW!!!!"

“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice!
Morning Hegel. How are you today?
Hi, ArtGal! I'm great, thanks. Well, pretty great.... I'm dealing with an online ordering issue that a company totally effed up, but other than that it's been a good day so far. Hope all is well with you too:)

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Mia wrote:
Hi Rose :)
I was just getting ready to leave....
I hope you have a nice day.
See ya' later~
howdy Mia

“Operation Duck Face”

Quackers 4 You

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, ArtGal! I'm great, thanks. Well, pretty great.... I'm dealing with an online ordering issue that a company totally effed up, but other than that it's been a good day so far. Hope all is well with you too:)
That stinks. Hope it works out for you. All is well... beautiful fall day here. Hoping to get home in time to do some yard work.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Hegel wrote:
Oooh love! my kind of subject matter

Now check this live cam out. It's where Edwin Hubble (Hubble telescope) would confirm George Hale’s theory of “Stellar Evolution”(and Einsteins greatest regret that he didn't figure it out first.) That the universe is not static or retracting, but expanding.

It's the Mount Wilson Observatory. The 150 ft Solar Tower is where the cam is located. It's actually visible to all of us who live in the shadow of the Great Angels Crest.

http://obs.astro.ucla.edu/towercam.htm

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Hello Art Gal, Knight Pirate and Ferrermen

Ferrermen, my partner told me about a series based on a motor cycle gang that he was interested in viewing. "Sons of Anarchy" might be it. Compared to Breaking Bad, where do you think it falls?

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Rose of Tralee wrote:
Ferrermen, my partner told me about a series based on a motor cycle gang that he was interested in viewing. "Sons of Anarchy" might be it. Compared to Breaking Bad, where do you think it falls?
Though not an ardent follower, I'd say "Breaking Bad" is better, more gripping. I might have mentioned that I'm a fan of AMC's "The Walking Dead" despite my lack of interest in zombies (as villians) and being no real fan of 'squishy' violence. I like good characters and story lines. Your partner might also have been thinking of "The Devils Ride" a sort of reality series about an actual San Diego motorcycle club. It's far from Sons Of Anarchy but, it's amusing. It's like scruffy-frat boys on Harleys rather than the criminal enterprise drama of 'Sons'.

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Rose of Tralee wrote:
I've been watching Sons since it began 5 years ago. It is my favorite program. I have never watched Breaking Bad but am told it is an incredible show. So I can't comment on it but plan on starting from season one later.

The Sons of Anarchy is a story about a motorcycle gang in CA that is primarily involved in gun running. This season has been unusually violent and graphic. Without knowing the cast of characters it would be hard to follow along at this point. If your partner watches the show tonight and doesn't get what the hell is going on I would suggest season 1 as a holiday gift. If he gets into the show then he can catch up at his own pace. I can say one thing about the show, the writers keep me guessing week to week. And for me I think that's what holds my interest the most in the show.

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>I've been watching Sons since it began 5 years ago. It is my favorite program. I have never watched Breaking Bad but am told it is an incredible show. So I can't comment on it but plan on starting from season one later.

The Sons of Anarchy is a story about a motorcycle gang in CA that is primarily involved in gun running. This season has been unusually violent and graphic. Without knowing the cast of characters it would be hard to follow along at this point. If your partner watches the show tonight and doesn't get what the hell is going on I would suggest season 1 as a holiday gift. If he gets into the show then he can catch up at his own pace. I can say one thing about the show, the writers keep me guessing week to week. And for me I think that's what holds my interest the most in the show.
My good buddy loves sons of anarchy. I just got him hooked on breaking bad, tho.

“waiting for Topix to change---”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been watching Sons since it began 5 years ago. It is my favorite program. I have never watched Breaking Bad but am told it is an incredible show. So I can't comment on it but plan on starting from season one later.
Breaking Bad has to be seen in sequence, especially episode one.
jmo~~BB is a brillant adult drama series and not for the squeamish.
But it sure tells a whopper of a story.

“Relax”

Level 8

Siesta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Hegel wrote:
Incredible

“The Force is with me”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>I've got two words for that and they are both "WOW!!!!"
Nice, isn't it? I was at the Cliffs in June and saw them in both clear and cloudy weather but nothing like this. Here's a pic that makes my knees go weak because it's so damned windy there a good portion of the time.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Wpcl6fcWrK0/To2YSHo...

“The Force is with me”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooh love! my kind of subject matter
Now check this live cam out. It's where Edwin Hubble (Hubble telescope) would confirm George Hale’s theory of “Stellar Evolution”(and Einsteins greatest regret that he didn't figure it out first.) That the universe is not static or retracting, but expanding.
It's the Mount Wilson Observatory. The 150 ft Solar Tower is where the cam is located. It's actually visible to all of us who live in the shadow of the Great Angels Crest.
http://obs.astro.ucla.edu/towercam.htm
That's one of the nicer web cam images I've seen, Rose. Wow! I'm going to bookmark it. Thanks:)

“The Force is with me”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
That stinks. Hope it works out for you. All is well... beautiful fall day here. Hoping to get home in time to do some yard work.
I keep meaning to ask you what you did with your pears. Was it a bumper crop?

“The Force is with me”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>Incredible
Check out the others on his page. There are some beautiful shots there.

Hi, Maverick:)

“Operation Duck Face”

Quackers 4 You

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>I keep meaning to ask you what you did with your pears. Was it a bumper crop?
I canned some, made some cobbler and then donated the rest to the food pantry. A fellow stopped by and cleaned up the ones I missed on the ground and in the trees and took them home to make wine. Pear crisp worked out really well, had to cut the baking time time down though. Also gave some away to neighbors...

The trees came with the house... I would prefer cherry trees, or maybe pomegranate.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Hegel wrote:

That is absolutely beautiful!

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>Breaking Bad has to be seen in sequence, especially episode one.
jmo~~BB is a brillant adult drama series and not for the squeamish.
True dat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rescare - A cheap company 22 min Stokley 11
Kmart 4 hr Renee K 9
Topix has lost all control over it's own site. (Jun '13) 8 hr newbie 20
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 13 hr covcas 18,408
Hesi a-2 rn entrance exam 15 hr brooklynD 1
Clash if clans clan (May '13) 16 hr Huh 4
Bi black top16 20 hr Bi teen 3

Search the Topix Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000