Books, Recipes, Gardening AND

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#3429 Oct 9, 2012
Hegel wrote:
Good morning...for a few more minutes!
Love this photo: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
I've got two words for that and they are both "WOW!!!!"

“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

#3430 Oct 9, 2012
ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice!
Morning Hegel. How are you today?
Hi, ArtGal! I'm great, thanks. Well, pretty great.... I'm dealing with an online ordering issue that a company totally effed up, but other than that it's been a good day so far. Hope all is well with you too:)

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

#3431 Oct 9, 2012
Mia wrote:
Hi Rose :)
I was just getting ready to leave....
I hope you have a nice day.
See ya' later~
howdy Mia

“Operation Duck Face”

Since: May 11

Quackers 4 You

#3432 Oct 9, 2012
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, ArtGal! I'm great, thanks. Well, pretty great.... I'm dealing with an online ordering issue that a company totally effed up, but other than that it's been a good day so far. Hope all is well with you too:)
That stinks. Hope it works out for you. All is well... beautiful fall day here. Hoping to get home in time to do some yard work.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#3433 Oct 9, 2012
Hegel wrote:
Oooh love! my kind of subject matter

Now check this live cam out. It's where Edwin Hubble (Hubble telescope) would confirm George Hale’s theory of “Stellar Evolution”(and Einsteins greatest regret that he didn't figure it out first.) That the universe is not static or retracting, but expanding.

It's the Mount Wilson Observatory. The 150 ft Solar Tower is where the cam is located. It's actually visible to all of us who live in the shadow of the Great Angels Crest.

http://obs.astro.ucla.edu/towercam.htm

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

#3434 Oct 9, 2012
Hello Art Gal, Knight Pirate and Ferrermen

Ferrermen, my partner told me about a series based on a motor cycle gang that he was interested in viewing. "Sons of Anarchy" might be it. Compared to Breaking Bad, where do you think it falls?

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#3435 Oct 9, 2012
Rose of Tralee wrote:
Ferrermen, my partner told me about a series based on a motor cycle gang that he was interested in viewing. "Sons of Anarchy" might be it. Compared to Breaking Bad, where do you think it falls?
Though not an ardent follower, I'd say "Breaking Bad" is better, more gripping. I might have mentioned that I'm a fan of AMC's "The Walking Dead" despite my lack of interest in zombies (as villians) and being no real fan of 'squishy' violence. I like good characters and story lines. Your partner might also have been thinking of "The Devils Ride" a sort of reality series about an actual San Diego motorcycle club. It's far from Sons Of Anarchy but, it's amusing. It's like scruffy-frat boys on Harleys rather than the criminal enterprise drama of 'Sons'.

“Supporting The Girl...”

Since: Jun 10

With A Heart Of Gold

#3436 Oct 9, 2012
Rose of Tralee wrote:
I've been watching Sons since it began 5 years ago. It is my favorite program. I have never watched Breaking Bad but am told it is an incredible show. So I can't comment on it but plan on starting from season one later.

The Sons of Anarchy is a story about a motorcycle gang in CA that is primarily involved in gun running. This season has been unusually violent and graphic. Without knowing the cast of characters it would be hard to follow along at this point. If your partner watches the show tonight and doesn't get what the hell is going on I would suggest season 1 as a holiday gift. If he gets into the show then he can catch up at his own pace. I can say one thing about the show, the writers keep me guessing week to week. And for me I think that's what holds my interest the most in the show.

“No. 1 $tunna”

Level 8

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3437 Oct 9, 2012
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>I've been watching Sons since it began 5 years ago. It is my favorite program. I have never watched Breaking Bad but am told it is an incredible show. So I can't comment on it but plan on starting from season one later.

The Sons of Anarchy is a story about a motorcycle gang in CA that is primarily involved in gun running. This season has been unusually violent and graphic. Without knowing the cast of characters it would be hard to follow along at this point. If your partner watches the show tonight and doesn't get what the hell is going on I would suggest season 1 as a holiday gift. If he gets into the show then he can catch up at his own pace. I can say one thing about the show, the writers keep me guessing week to week. And for me I think that's what holds my interest the most in the show.
My good buddy loves sons of anarchy. I just got him hooked on breaking bad, tho.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#3438 Oct 9, 2012
KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been watching Sons since it began 5 years ago. It is my favorite program. I have never watched Breaking Bad but am told it is an incredible show. So I can't comment on it but plan on starting from season one later.
Breaking Bad has to be seen in sequence, especially episode one.
jmo~~BB is a brillant adult drama series and not for the squeamish.
But it sure tells a whopper of a story.

“Gone to the beach”

Level 8

Pass the sun tan lotion

#3439 Oct 9, 2012
Hegel wrote:
Incredible

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#3440 Oct 9, 2012
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>I've got two words for that and they are both "WOW!!!!"
Nice, isn't it? I was at the Cliffs in June and saw them in both clear and cloudy weather but nothing like this. Here's a pic that makes my knees go weak because it's so damned windy there a good portion of the time.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Wpcl6fcWrK0/To2YSHo...

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#3441 Oct 9, 2012
Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooh love! my kind of subject matter
Now check this live cam out. It's where Edwin Hubble (Hubble telescope) would confirm George Hale’s theory of “Stellar Evolution”(and Einsteins greatest regret that he didn't figure it out first.) That the universe is not static or retracting, but expanding.
It's the Mount Wilson Observatory. The 150 ft Solar Tower is where the cam is located. It's actually visible to all of us who live in the shadow of the Great Angels Crest.
http://obs.astro.ucla.edu/towercam.htm
That's one of the nicer web cam images I've seen, Rose. Wow! I'm going to bookmark it. Thanks:)

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#3442 Oct 9, 2012
ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
That stinks. Hope it works out for you. All is well... beautiful fall day here. Hoping to get home in time to do some yard work.
I keep meaning to ask you what you did with your pears. Was it a bumper crop?

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#3443 Oct 9, 2012
Maverick 808 wrote:
<quoted text>Incredible
Check out the others on his page. There are some beautiful shots there.

Hi, Maverick:)

“Operation Duck Face”

Quackers 4 You

#3444 Oct 9, 2012
Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>I keep meaning to ask you what you did with your pears. Was it a bumper crop?
I canned some, made some cobbler and then donated the rest to the food pantry. A fellow stopped by and cleaned up the ones I missed on the ground and in the trees and took them home to make wine. Pear crisp worked out really well, had to cut the baking time time down though. Also gave some away to neighbors...

The trees came with the house... I would prefer cherry trees, or maybe pomegranate.

“No. 1 $tunna”

Level 8

Location hidden

#3445 Oct 9, 2012
Hegel wrote:

That is absolutely beautiful!

“No. 1 $tunna”

Level 8

Location hidden

#3446 Oct 9, 2012
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>Breaking Bad has to be seen in sequence, especially episode one.
jmo~~BB is a brillant adult drama series and not for the squeamish.
True dat.

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#3447 Oct 9, 2012
ArtGal wrote:
<quoted text>
I canned some, made some cobbler and then donated the rest to the food pantry. A fellow stopped by and cleaned up the ones I missed on the ground and in the trees and took them home to make wine. Pear crisp worked out really well, had to cut the baking time time down though. Also gave some away to neighbors...
The trees came with the house... I would prefer cherry trees, or maybe pomegranate.
I was buying pears this weekend and thought of you. I agree that cherry trees would be preferable. I used to have pears and could never use them all. The cobbler sounds good!
Yeah, if only we could grow pomegranates here...

“The Force is with me”

Earth

#3448 Oct 9, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is absolutely beautiful!
Isn't it? Just don't stand too close to the edge.

&fe ature=related

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create Your Own Forum 6 min COOTERDOG 4
Mega Fort 30 min MonaTalk 559
People That Have Changed Your Lives 30 min COOTERDOG 1
Troll levels have skyrocketed. (May '10) 1 hr NorCal Native 9,480
Poll Have You Ever Been Shadow Banned?... (Aug '11) 1 hr MonaTalk 279
Retreival of lost/deleated/destroyed E-mails --... 2 hr el gringo 1
Brutal Murder Attempts of Senior Citizen in Public 2 hr MonaTalk 2
More from around the web