|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

rubygoober wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, the accident was a result of him running his car up a utility pole while drunk.
Interesting what Ferre said about the comparison
to Brad Pitt.
Back in the day, JMV did have those kind of blonde
good lucks.
Casting has always amazed me. Casablanca is one of the greatest films of all time. Ronald Reagan very nearly got the role of Rick Blaine. THAT would have made it a truly forgettable film.

“The old bat lost weight”

Since: Jan 12

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

I don't think I said good morning~~
Just jumped in and started running my mout~lol
SO:
crock-a-doodle-doooooooooo

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

^^mouth not mout

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Casting has always amazed me. Casablanca is one of the greatest films of all time. Ronald Reagan very nearly got the role of Rick Blaine. THAT would have made it a truly forgettable film.
Yes, casting is interesting~~
Nothing better than a well chosen cast, but nothing worse when they pick the wrong cast.
I have a take on, Interview with the Vampire~~
Brad Pitt was the star in that, not Tom Cruise.
jmo

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Since: Jun 09

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, casting is interesting~~
Nothing better than a well chosen cast, but nothing worse when they pick the wrong cast.
I have a take on, Interview with the Vampire~~
Brad Pitt was the star in that, not Tom Cruise.
jmo
I didn't see that but, I can imagine.

I've always wondered if a few B movies were maybe just one good actor, a rewrite and a few dollars away from being *good* movies. And why not punch up a B movie instead of remaking a classic?

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't see that but, I can imagine.
I've always wondered if a few B movies were maybe just one good actor, a rewrite and a few dollars away from being *good* movies. And why not punch up a B movie instead of remaking a classic?
Good point~~
Does anyone remember Barbarella with Jane Fonda?
That raised some eyebrows but everyone was packing
the drive-ins to see it.
Men were there to see Jane naked...

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point~~
Does anyone remember Barbarella with Jane Fonda?
That raised some eyebrows but everyone was packing
the drive-ins to see it.
Men were there to see Jane naked...
She did have a back-in-the-day bottom...

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>She did have a back-in-the-day bottom...
Jane's still going strong, I think she lives in Atlanta.
I really liked, On Golden Pond.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Jane's still going strong, I think she lives in Atlanta.
I really liked, On Golden Pond.
A friend of mine from Austin told me that when she came to California to go to school, while a waitress, she once waited on Jane Fonda. She told Ms Fonda, that she was studying film and expressed her fears. Jane grabbed her hand and told her "honey, your going to be ok" gave her a warm hug and tipped her a 100 bucks. Arnold Schwarzeneggar came into the restaurant with a group of Austrian buddies, pinched and mauled my friend, ran her ragged and stiffed her on the tip.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend of mine from Austin told me that when she came to California to go to school, while a waitress, she once waited on Jane Fonda. She told Ms Fonda, that she was studying film and expressed her fears. Jane grabbed her hand and told her "honey, your going to be ok" gave her a warm hug and tipped her a 100 bucks. Arnold Schwarzeneggar came into the restaurant with a group of Austrian buddies, pinched and mauled my friend, ran her ragged and stiffed her on the tip.
I think Jane was very misunderstood, largely because of that unfortunate trip to North Vietnam. How old was she then? How sophisticated and politically astute was she at that age? Having Henry Fonda as a father was clearly no picnic for her or Peter. It opened doors for them but, their closets were filled beyond those of ordinary actors.

Arnold is a well documented pig.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I believe all the correct responses to the person begging for attention, according to the experts, would be:
Ur mad, rite?
Ur jealous, rite?
We're in ur head, rite?
Ask me how I know;)
I'm sure I forgot one but since they all prove I've won Topix it really doesn't matter.
Hope you're all doing well:)
K-Spin's big on the misuse of 12 step program language.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>I think Jane was very misunderstood, largely because of that unfortunate trip to North Vietnam. How old was she then? How sophisticated and politically astute was she at that age? Having Henry Fonda as a father was clearly no picnic for her or Peter. It opened doors for them but, their closets were filled beyond those of ordinary actors.
Arnold is a well documented pig.
I know. How many times must she apologize? There always seems to be people out there that refuse to "hear" because they've set their agendas on mistruth. For me, she's a great role model on aging. She's wise

btw: her mother committed suicide as well.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. How many times must she apologize? There always seems to be people out there that refuse to "hear" because they've set their agendas on mistruth. For me, she's a great role model on aging. She's wise
btw: her mother committed suicide as well.
I admired Henry Fonda as an actor but, he wasn't much of a father. It showed off screen.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>
Just letting you know so that if you get any props from me (I can't see props or anything to do with the game), they're not really from me. You probably knew that already, but just a reminder that it's someone who can't help pissing on anything he can't control.

Hope your project is going well and almost done, Rose:)
The one hitch Topix has left in banned accounts is to allow the prop mechanism to work. Personally I think it's about stirring the pot and creating more contention between commenters. Click Click Click Ching Ching Ching. I can't help but thing Topix would loose advertising revenue if word ever got out to their clients about what they're advertising budget is really paying for. Forget anti Chris blogs. Follow the money.

It is, but sloooooow. The first half is done. I'm going to work from home and prepare for production two which starts Monday or Tuesday. Temps will be around the low 70's.

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
The one hitch Topix has left in banned accounts is to allow the prop mechanism to work. Personally I think it's about stirring the pot and creating more contention between commenters. Click Click Click Ching Ching Ching. I can't help but thing Topix would loose advertising revenue if word ever got out to their clients about what they're advertising budget is really paying for. Forget anti Chris blogs. Follow the money.
It is, but sloooooow. The first half is done. I'm going to work from home and prepare for production two which starts Monday or Tuesday. Temps will be around the low 70's.
Absolutely! The advertisers are being deceived. One knucklehead having 200+ avatars and posting non-stop is but the tip of the iceberg.

What business are you in? It sounds film related.

“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

-Kevin- wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything I do is big honey ;-)
Judge-its, socks, post count, time spent on Topix...
...of course everyone's goals are different.

“The Force is with me”

Since: Mar 10

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

KnightPirate wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't out ruminate me dem. The Chicago location blows your cover.
How's Fetch?
Such a ruse that was.

“"yes"”

Level 6

Los Angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely! The advertisers are being deceived. One knucklehead having 200+ avatars and posting non-stop is but the tip of the iceberg.
What business are you in? It sounds film related.
Lol. I know a lot of people in the business and have participated in it as well from time to time. In it's own way, Los Angeles is an industry town in the same way that Detroit is. My neighbor works for Kirk Douglas, as well as my accountant. Another friend is a film scout for locations involving auto shoots, the girl I spoke of earlier briefly dated Pitt (called him dumb), my partner lived next to the musician Tom Waits and the other day I was at an event and was introduced to Jack Black. I guess you could say we cross pollinate around here.

Level 10

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Hegel wrote:
<quoted text>Judge-its, socks, post count, time spent on Topix...
...of course everyone's goals are different.
EVERYTHING Honey ;-)

“WE WON TOPIX! YAY!”

Elgin, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Rose of Tralee wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I know a lot of people in the business and have participated in it as well from time to time. In it's own way, Los Angeles is an industry town in the same way that Detroit is. My neighbor works for Kirk Douglas, as well as my accountant. Another friend is a film scout for locations involving auto shoots, the girl I spoke of earlier briefly dated Pitt (called him dumb), my partner lived next to the musician Tom Waits and the other day I was at an event and was introduced to Jack Black. I guess you could say we cross pollinate around here.
If I remember my ZZ Topp...Don't give Johnny Walker a ride, because Jack Black is right by his side...

I'll also add that Tom Waits for no man...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Topix Forum right now

Search the Topix Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Federal Polytechnic-Benue 2014/2015 Form is Ou... 55 min MR FRANK BALOGUN 1
Federal Polytechnic-Bayelsa College Of Science ... 57 min MR FRANK BALOGUN 1
Federal Polytechnic-Bauchi 2014/2015 Form is O... 1 hr MR FRANK BALOGUN 1
Federal Polytechnic-Tafari Ali 2014/2015 Form ... 1 hr MR FRANK BALOGUN 1
Federal Polytechnic-Akwa Ibom 2014/2015 Form is... 1 hr MR FRANK BALOGUN 1
Federal Polytechnic-Adamawa 2014/2015 Form is ... 1 hr MR FRANK BALOGUN 1
Federal Polytechnic-Dorben 2014/2015 Form is Ou... 1 hr MR FRANK BALOGUN 1
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 1 hr covcas 18,233
•••