THANK YOU on duty Angel Mod
Waaaa waaaa waaaaa.

Level 8

Since: Nov 10

Willies head WV

#3033 Jul 30, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>TM21
How come Sue looses her fun socks, but socks like this do not?
Because topix is run by them.

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#3036 Jul 30, 2013
-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ricky!
I have another question. Why do we always have a mod thread where people post as though they are innocent victims, when they are causing problems everywhere else they post?
Don't know and why do Mod threads seem to be some of the most fought on threads? lol

Level 8

Willies head WV

#3038 Jul 30, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Ricky, my post was about registered posters. I think the registered posters who routinely break the TOS should be dealt with first before worrying about the greys. It's been my personal experience that the registered are far more troublesome than the greys, and are often the greys themselves! lol
You should know. You are the one doing it the most!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#3039 Jul 30, 2013
Figarooo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because topix is run by them.
Whichever way Topix wants to go I wish it were straight across the board for everyone.

Either ban everyone or let everyone post the same? lol

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#3040 Jul 30, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, Ricky, my post was about registered posters. I think the registered posters who routinely break the TOS should be dealt with first before worrying about the greys. It's been my personal experience that the registered are far more troublesome than the greys, and are often the greys themselves! lol
Maybe but if you made everyone register (no grey's anymore), you could then ban the moniker making them go through the trouble of re-registering and getting a new email address, that would be a pain in the azz.

As it is now all they have to do is easily post as grey with no registering involved. In my own personal experience, the grey's have been more of a nuisance.

I'll tell you another problem, over time with people registering different monikers you can't tell if it's an old friend or who the heck it is sometimes lol.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#3041 Jul 30, 2013
-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ricky!
I have another question. Why do we always have a mod thread where people post as though they are innocent victims, when they are causing problems everywhere else they post?
But in Sue's case, her socks were for fun as far as I can tell and those are fun to post with.

I've never had a problem with people posting fun socks, it makes Topix fun!

“I might be a Lion”

Level 5

Since: Aug 12

Burnt Corn, AL

#3043 Jul 30, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>But in Sue's case, her socks were for fun as far as I can tell and those are fun to post with.
Hey Ricky. I think the whole idea of a "fun sock" depends on who you are asking though. I think a sock mocking a crybaby crying is a fun sock. LMSO

Level 8

Willies head WV

#3044 Jul 30, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Whichever way Topix wants to go I wish it were straight across the board for everyone.
Either ban everyone or let everyone post the same? lol
I agree.
Dust Bowl

Denver, CO

#3045 Jul 30, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're one of the biggest complainers when you get a ton of your own posts zapped. I hate hearing about it on my blog. You know the one we used to make fun of mods and other posters so we don't get banned here.
Hi Kevy wevy :)

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3046 Jul 30, 2013
Figarooo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes just look at all you innocent victims. Haha! Waaaa waaaa Waaa!
Yet you were the one who posted you reported someone for "talking" to you.

:)

Location hidden

#3047 Jul 30, 2013
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent question! It's amusing, really. lol
I think so! lol.

Hi Barbi!

Location hidden

#3048 Jul 30, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>But in Sue's case, her socks were for fun as far as I can tell and those are fun to post with.
Fun is in the eye of the reader. Or their funnybone! ;-)

Location hidden

#3049 Jul 30, 2013
Ferrerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Barbi and me? Oh, and you too.
Hey, are you one of those greybox cowards? You know your friends don't like the likes of you ;-)

Location hidden

#3050 Jul 30, 2013
Figarooo wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
Then you should be banned?

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#3051 Jul 30, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe but if you made everyone register (no grey's anymore), you could then ban the moniker making them go through the trouble of re-registering and getting a new email address, that would be a pain in the azz.
As it is now all they have to do is easily post as grey with no registering involved. In my own personal experience, the grey's have been more of a nuisance.
I'll tell you another problem, over time with people registering different monikers you can't tell if it's an old friend or who the heck it is sometimes lol.
I agree that forcing registration may be the solution, but I believe Topix has been clear that's not going to happen.
I think holding everyone equally to the TOS would be a start. Of equal importance is encouraging the incendiary gray box posts with responses should be a warnable, then bannable offense. What do you think about that?
We are adults here. We do not have to respond to a gray who calls us a poopy head. I just posted on a thread that has a gray trying to pick a fight. They're usually easy to ignore.
We must acknowledge that we have registered posters who fight with them. The moderators have said, essentially, that they're not going to do much for you if you encourage them.

“I might be a Lion”

Level 5

Since: Aug 12

Burnt Corn, AL

#3052 Jul 30, 2013
-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you were the one who posted you reported someone for "talking" to you.
:)
Exactly.

“Grrrrr”

Level 8

Since: Jan 12

Barbi & Baron

#3053 Jul 30, 2013
-CatCiao- wrote:
<quoted text>
I think so! lol.
Hi Barbi!
lol...I would love to link it, but I won't. It's like they think that thread is in another world. Like the moderator is an idiot. hahaha
Hi Cat.

Location hidden

#3054 Jul 30, 2013
Personally, I think we make too much of people posting unregistered. I don't have a problem with it, and think everyone deserves to be heard regardless of their method. I really don't think the problems on topix would disappear if everyone were required to use a registered account. Just my opinion.

Have a great day, friends.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#3055 Jul 30, 2013
YelIowback Crack wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Ricky. I think the whole idea of a "fun sock" depends on who you are asking though. I think a sock mocking a crybaby crying is a fun sock. LMSO
Yeah maybe, but there are some socks who I've never seen be mean or nasty to anyone and they get zapped? That I don't understand, but I can see them zapping mean and nasty socks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 3 hr informan alay 18,956
I just want to have sex. 13 hr jessie 6
risperdal risperdole (Jul '14) 15 hr VICTIM 158
safety of My mom 18 hr Just Saying 2
Word association game (Sep '12) Fri Red_Forman 1,269
choosy pick one Thu Zemzme608 2
garden shed Thu sdsdf 1
More from around the web