Gun Control
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jack-killg

Poole, UK

#1 Feb 25, 2012
Gun control. What are your thoughts? More control needed. less? A hot topic going way back to Columbine or Dumblane. Share your thoughts.
Jack-killg

Poole, UK

#2 Feb 25, 2012
What got me started on this topic was a book recently released on Kindle, The Second Amendment (links below). Sorta John Grisham meets Vince Flynn type of thriller.

But not only did it really made me think about gun control, but was one of the best thrillers I ever read (Amazon Kindle links below). I mean WOW factor good. I also see that publishers tried to stop it being read for over ten years.

For, against... shout your thoughts!!!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Second-Amendment-1-...

http://www.amazon.com/The-Second-Amendment-2-...
Sens

Schererville, IN

#3 Dec 23, 2012
There needs to be a gun tax to raise money tor all the medical care needed to take care of shooting victims, andvalso to cover costs for all the security we will need. Let the NRA backers have all the guns they want, but have an additional tax in addition to a gun permit tax.$500 a year for each hand gun.$2000 per year for each assault weapon. If someone is caught with a gun without having paid the tax, it is a mandatory year in prison, and all guns confiscated, with loss of right to have a gun for ten years. Unlawful possession of firearm would be an automatic five years jailtime without parole. Once convicted of any felony, no gun permit allowed for lifetime. Once diagnosed with any personality disorder or psychosis, no gun ownership allowed ever. If someone sells the gun to such person and is caught, mandatory year in prison.

Simple fix.

So simple.
I Am Not The NRA

Blacklick, OH

#5 Dec 23, 2012
Sens wrote:
There needs to be a gun tax to raise money tor all the medical care needed to take care of shooting victims, andvalso to cover costs for all the security we will need. Let the NRA backers have all the guns they want, but have an additional tax in addition to a gun permit tax.$500 a year for each hand gun.$2000 per year for each assault weapon. If someone is caught with a gun without having paid the tax, it is a mandatory year in prison, and all guns confiscated, with loss of right to have a gun for ten years. Unlawful possession of firearm would be an automatic five years jailtime without parole. Once convicted of any felony, no gun permit allowed for lifetime. Once diagnosed with any personality disorder or psychosis, no gun ownership allowed ever. If someone sells the gun to such person and is caught, mandatory year in prison.
Simple fix.
So simple.
Glad I'm not a member of the NRA. That's money better spent on ammo and range time.

African_shadows

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#6 Dec 24, 2012
Idk why Gun Control is facing such stiff opposition in the US. It's very necessary and should be implemented.
I Am Not The NRA

Blacklick, OH

#7 Dec 24, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
Idk why Gun Control is facing such stiff opposition in the US. It's very necessary and should be implemented.
Why should I be punished for a crime someone else committed?

I did not go on a shooting spree!

ArtGal

“Operation Duck Face”

Since: May 11

Quackers 4 You

#8 Dec 24, 2012
A better question to ask would be, why are semi automatic and automatic weapons necessary?

African_shadows

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#9 Dec 24, 2012
I Am Not The NRA wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I be punished for a crime someone else committed?
I did not go on a shooting spree!
But the current laws are too much relaxed. Anybody can purchase and own guns even AK 47s and other automatic assault weapons. There has to be some level of control.
I Am Not The NRA

Blacklick, OH

#10 Dec 24, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text> But the current laws are too much relaxed. Anybody can purchase and own guns even AK 47s and other automatic assault weapons. There has to be some level of control.
Controls are already in place. Anybody cannot "purchase and own guns even AK 47s and other automatic assault weapons."
I Am Not The NRA

Blacklick, OH

#12 Dec 24, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text> lol. You are in serious denial :)
Not sure where you really are from but you need to research US gun laws before running off at the mouth like a warm bottle of beer. There are literally thousands of firearms laws already in place from the federal level all the way down to state, county, city and villages. Will more laws do what those currently enacted have not?

African_shadows

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#13 Dec 24, 2012
I Am Not The NRA wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure where you really are from but you need to research US gun laws before running off at the mouth like a warm bottle of beer. There are literally thousands of firearms laws already in place from the federal level all the way down to state, county, city and villages. Will more laws do what those currently enacted have not?
Then Ban Guns altogether! Why have Guns anyway if little kids get shot at anyhow. Maybe America needs to let go of her "gun addiction" There is more to life than guns.

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#14 Dec 24, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text> Then Ban Guns altogether! Why have Guns anyway if little kids get shot at anyhow. Maybe America needs to let go of her "gun addiction" There is more to life than guns.
If someone breaks into my house and tries to rape my child...what am going to do? Beat him with my purse?
I Am Not The NRA

Blacklick, OH

#15 Dec 24, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text> Then Ban Guns altogether! Why have Guns anyway if little kids get shot at anyhow. Maybe America needs to let go of her "gun addiction" There is more to life than guns.
Answer one question: Are you an American, a foreign national living in America or a Kenyan living outside America?

African_shadows

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#16 Dec 24, 2012
JaneDear wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone breaks into my house and tries to rape my child...what am going to do? Beat him with my purse?
You could buy and install secure 'unbreakable' doors and alarm systems. Plus while attempting to save your child you maybe shoot your child as well by accident. Things never go as smoothly as we expect them to

African_shadows

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#17 Dec 24, 2012
I Am Not The NRA wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer one question: Are you an American, a foreign national living in America or a Kenyan living outside America?
My location says so on my avatar. I know what you are going to say, I've heard it before. "mind your own business. This is America. Etc etc" Atleast in Kenya our Kids don't get shot at by any random thug or lunatic with a gun.
I Am Not The NRA

Blacklick, OH

#18 Dec 25, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text> My location says so on my avatar. I know what you are going to say, I've heard it before. "mind your own business. This is America. Etc etc" Atleast in Kenya our Kids don't get shot at by any random thug or lunatic with a gun.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Kenya

African_shadows

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#19 Dec 25, 2012
I Am Not The NRA wrote:
Don't believe everything you read :D
I Am Not The NRA

Blacklick, OH

#20 Dec 25, 2012
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text> Don't believe everything you read :D
ditto.
hambone

Sevierville, TN

#21 Jan 7, 2013
African_shadows wrote:
<quoted text> Then Ban Guns altogether! Why have Guns anyway if little kids get shot at anyhow. Maybe America needs to let go of her "gun addiction" There is more to life than guns.
A man near here got drunk and wrecked, killing three people in the other car.He was driving a Chevrolet car.The chevrolet dealer in the town immediatly closed ,because it was a Chevrolet that did the killing.

African_shadows

“A perfect world..”

Level 4

Since: Nov 12

Kenya, E.Africa.

#22 Jan 7, 2013
Wow.
hambone wrote:
<quoted text>A man near here got drunk and wrecked, killing three people in the other car.He was driving a Chevrolet car.The chevrolet dealer in the town immediatly closed ,because it was a Chevrolet that did the killing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 5 hr Darly314 373
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 5 hr Princess Hey 5,618
trans girl fun 7 hr Terron64 1
Mountain Lion in East Tn? (Feb '12) 16 hr Big griz 183
I'm too horny for my own good 20 hr Seduciary 5
Pizza inn Wed Seduciary 2
Myth or not White Male Privilege Wed Mark Rosenkranz 9
More from around the web