OMG......Obama Care is going up HOW MUCH?!

Posted in the Topix Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Level 9

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#1 Mar 22, 2013
Thank you Obama!

Did anyone hear how freaking much our Insurance is going up next year! HOLY SHYTE!!!

AND THAT'S JUST THE FIRST YEAR, I can't imagine or don't want to imagine how much it will go up after that...WOW!!!!

Obama Care BWAAAHAHAhahahaaaaaaa

All I can say is I didn't vote for that fool!

Level 8

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 22, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
Thank you Obama!
Did anyone hear how freaking much our Insurance is going up next year! HOLY SHYTE!!!
AND THAT'S JUST THE FIRST YEAR, I can't imagine or don't want to imagine how much it will go up after that...WOW!!!!
They should have went after the people over charging the insurance instead of reforming insurance.

“Beware ye of the dragon's lair”

Level 4

Since: Sep 12

for ye are juicy medium rare

#3 Mar 22, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
Thank you Obama!
I gave you 2 props for that!

One for the statement and one for calling Obama a fool.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4 Mar 22, 2013
There actually is a provsioj on the act wher insurance companies have to justify and increases over a certain percent. Once I get to work I can give you that percent as I don't want to misquote the amount.
That said, it still is one of the worst written laws I have ever read and it is a tax law, not a law to make healthcare affordable.
There was no real reform on insurance and it did not address the issue of the cost to provide health care.

Surprise, I actually am not an airhead troll, I just play one on topix,

“Beware ye of the dragon's lair”

Level 4

Since: Sep 12

for ye are juicy medium rare

#5 Mar 22, 2013
SB Aithusa Dragon wrote:
Silly dragon, lol!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#6 Mar 22, 2013
Dragon Love wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you 2 props for that!
One for the statement and one for calling Obama a fool.
LMAO!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#7 Mar 22, 2013
Figarooo wrote:
<quoted text>
They should have went after the people over charging the insurance instead of reforming insurance.
Even young people are going to pay a lot more I heard, this is sickening ad we'll never get it righted now.

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#8 Mar 22, 2013
SB Aithusa Dragon wrote:
There actually is a provsioj on the act wher insurance companies have to justify and increases over a certain percent. Once I get to work I can give you that percent as I don't want to misquote the amount.
That said, it still is one of the worst written laws I have ever read and it is a tax law, not a law to make healthcare affordable.
There was no real reform on insurance and it did not address the issue of the cost to provide health care.
I swear i hear it was going up as much as 50% but I know that can't be right so I must have heard that wrong?

Anyone know how much it's supposed to really go up?

Location hidden

#9 Mar 22, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>I swear i hear it was going up as much as 50% but I know that can't be right so I must have heard that wrong?
Anyone know how much it's supposed to really go up?
Insurance will increase it's premium cost prior to the act being full effect. 50% could be a correct number.

After that, they have to prove to the gov't why they need to increase premium cost that much. However, the electric and natural gas companies are required to do that as well and they are always granted their increases.

I am typeing on the fly here so I may have missed things. I no longer debate the issues, but I do try to get the facts out there.

The gov't has passed a lot of amendments to that law all ready and each year since it passed I get at least 8 CPE credits on it.

Location hidden

#10 Mar 22, 2013
Dragon Love wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly dragon, lol!
Lol...I couldn't resist including that.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#11 Mar 22, 2013
Welcome to the beginning of socialized medicine
in the USA!!!

jmo~~this is going to be a disaster...

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#12 Mar 22, 2013
SB Aithusa Dragon wrote:
<quoted text>
Insurance will increase it's premium cost prior to the act being full effect. 50% could be a correct number.
After that, they have to prove to the gov't why they need to increase premium cost that much. However, the electric and natural gas companies are required to do that as well and they are always granted their increases.
I am typeing on the fly here so I may have missed things. I no longer debate the issues, but I do try to get the facts out there.
The gov't has passed a lot of amendments to that law all ready and each year since it passed I get at least 8 CPE credits on it.
That's crazy, we're already making car payment type payments for health coverage, now we'll be making house payment type payments?

Thank god gas is only $4.00 freaking dollars a gallon SO FAR! lol

Location hidden

#14 Mar 22, 2013
Dorian Pray wrote:
There are still some that think it's a good idea!
To be fair there are a few things in the law that are benefical, but the "cons" out weight the "pros."

Location hidden

#15 Mar 22, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
Welcome to the beginning of socialized medicine
in the USA!!!
jmo~~this is going to be a disaster...
The IRS is actually going to be overseeing enforcment of the this law. You think insurance companies are hard to deal with, the IRS is a 100 times worse.

Location hidden

#16 Mar 22, 2013
In otherwords I agree with Ruby.

“That's all folks...”

Since: Jan 12

Paradise North Georgia

#17 Mar 22, 2013
SB Aithusa Dragon wrote:
<quoted text>
The IRS is actually going to be overseeing enforcment of the this law. You think insurance companies are hard to deal with, the IRS is a 100 times worse.
Good grief~~
This is getting scarier by the day.
We are getting ready to launch this into a medical system
that is already broken.
I'm sure we will learn the fine art of waiting, because of
back log.
I'd be willing to bet, many will leave the medical profession
as a result of this.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#20 Mar 22, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Even young people are going to pay a lot more I heard, this is sickening ad we'll never get it righted now.
Older people really will need no insurance, because at certain ages, procedures, devices and medications will not be given, with the exception of members of Congress and the Senate. When you reach the age to leave the workforce, you will be nothing but excess baggage, and eliminated as soon as possible. It's a lot to look forward to,'the golden years', huh!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#21 Mar 22, 2013
rubygoober wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief~~
This is getting scarier by the day.
We are getting ready to launch this into a medical system
that is already broken.
I'm sure we will learn the fine art of waiting, because of
back log.
I'd be willing to bet, many will leave the medical profession
as a result of this.
Not only that but the government will be making decisions on what's best for you medically and that I do not like AT ALL and the red tape you'll have to go through in the process.

Good doctors will be retiring early and college kids may decide that the medical field isn't for them after all, it's just becoming a big cluster F__ of bureaucratic crap!

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#22 Mar 22, 2013
__- Really-__ wrote:
<quoted text>Add on an additional 4,500 if you smoke. then you have to stop smoking or they drop you. But it's law that you have to have it.
I didn't know about that?

Level 9

Vincit qui se vincit

#23 Mar 22, 2013
the perfessor wrote:
<quoted text>Older people really will need no insurance, because at certain ages, procedures, devices and medications will not be given, with the exception of members of Congress and the Senate. When you reach the age to leave the workforce, you will be nothing but excess baggage, and eliminated as soon as possible. It's a lot to look forward to,'the golden years', huh!
Well that's one way to drop Medicare costs I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black Cops Should Start Arresting White People... 5 hr LOUD LOO 6
why do asian girls dislike black guys so much 5 hr luigi 64
Guy Cosmetologists???? 10 hr Maddie 1
Boys and Painted Toenails 10 hr Courtney 1
Girls skype me will do anything male22 11 hr Courtney 2
Welcome To The Topix Internet Top Mod 21 (Feb '12) 12 hr EAGLE EYE1 5,387
this reality will make white guys angry 13 hr Ariana belongs to BM 1
More from around the web