Posted in the Topix Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Hi Folks!”

Since: Sep 06

Topix Headquarters

#1 Oct 18, 2006
Has Topix impacted your life in a positive way? Wed love to hear your story. Have you forged friendships? Have you connected more with world and local events?

We are doing a bit of research among our users to gain a better understanding of the Topix experience.

Let us know how Topix has made a difference to you!
Patty

Landenberg, PA

#2 Oct 18, 2006
Top Mod wrote:
Has Topix impacted your life in a positive way? Wed love to hear your story. Have you forged friendships? Have you connected more with world and local events?
We are doing a bit of research among our users to gain a better understanding of the Topix experience.
Hi topix admin. Yes I have enjoyed Topix very much. I'm fairly new so so far haven't made too many close friendships yet but with topix, I have a chance to find out what is going on here and around the world better than I have been able to thru anywhere else. I totally enjoy the Jonbonet Ramsey ones and all that a very big impact on peoples lives. I would very much like to know how I go about finding out threads that are connected to my specific area (PA and suburbs) to get involved in but haven't found them yet.

“Hi Folks!”

Topix Headquarters

#3 Oct 19, 2006
Patty wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi topix admin. Yes I have enjoyed Topix very much. I'm fairly new so so far haven't made too many close friendships yet but with topix, I have a chance to find out what is going on here and around the world better than I have been able to thru anywhere else. I totally enjoy the Jonbonet Ramsey ones and all that a very big impact on peoples lives. I would very much like to know how I go about finding out threads that are connected to my specific area (PA and suburbs) to get involved in but haven't found them yet.
Hi Patty!

Glad you like it here.:) If you look in the upper right corner of the page, you will see a search box. Enter your zip code and that should show you your local news and forums.

Go get 'em!
Admin @ Topix
la sunshine

Lorain, OH

#4 Oct 19, 2006
I would like to know how to re-register my moniker. I messed up the other night and lost it. I can't find the website for it.

I have a ball on Topix and have met some great friends.
franko

Canada

#5 Oct 19, 2006
thank you forinforming us of this area.

My expereinces have been both good and bad.

I am wonderiung how one contacts the TOPIX Admin about comments that may be considered "over the line?", in extremely bad taste,and what to do about them?
Megan

Sandy Hook, VA

#6 Oct 19, 2006
Oh I have a long story to tell about my experience on Topix. It has made a huge impact on me. Unfortunately... I am very busy at work. But I will def come back and give you a wonderful story

“Our Grand daughter”

Level 3

Location hidden

#7 Oct 19, 2006
So many of us have become so very close and have found our best friends we've ever had. Topix is a place to voice your fears, happiness, joy, sorrow, just anything your heart desires. I personally don't appreciate the sex topic getting into the personal topix threads and would like to see that changed..

“Cool huh?”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#8 Oct 19, 2006
I'me from out of town, hahaha, but so enjoy talking with such lovely people from all walks of life, from a country I lived many years ago and of which I have a great fondness. They have become part of my life.
franko

Pitt Meadows, Canada

#9 Oct 19, 2006
Mommy of four wrote:
So many of us have become so very close and have found our best friends we've ever had. Topix is a place to voice your fears, happiness, joy, sorrow, just anything your heart desires. I personally don't appreciate the sex topic getting into the personal topix threads and would like to see that changed..
Jeannie, I want to agree with you, and yet, my experience is that I can't fully agree with you, as much as I wish I could.
I've found great friends and been able to say that I want, until I found one of the worst enemies I ever had. Now I cannot say anything my heart desires. SO, this place is a double edged sword.
VALERIE

AOL

#10 Oct 19, 2006
I lived in Brentwood for thirty years and my main objective was to log on and read about what is going on all over Long island. It was even better when I met so many wonderful souls on Topix, and would not have had this pleasure if not for this site. We are able to speak about almost everything there is and some of us have become even closer by exchanging e mails with one another. We started discussing an in person get-together so we can meet one another one of these days and this happens to be a cheap way to socialize. Ihave not had any bad experiences with anyone on Topix, and I hope all my future experiences will be just as positive. Of course all you moderators in California, need to find a way for me to meet Dennis Farina, through your chain of command there has to be someone who can get him to jump on the topix bandwagon, even incognito, to see the adoration.

“I'm tired of being tired!”

b f egypy

#11 Oct 20, 2006
Top Mod wrote:
Oh my...what a fantastic thread! I won't go into detail as you know I've been around for sometime and have called upon you and your guys for several things and want to say how much I appreciate how fast you respond to me personally, and share my concern with some of the things that have happened in the past.
You guys are just great in my book...tee hee...and still waiting to see what those new changes are going to be...however don't know if I'll be around to enjoy them...some of us have sworn off these days, but will peek in at times! I want to personally thank you all for being so wonderful, helpful and concerned about your patrons...you truly are a great bunch of folks!!

“Sleep? Who needs it anyway?”

Since: Apr 06

Location hidden

#12 Oct 20, 2006
When I found topix I was searching for local news. I have an email alert that let's me know when there are articles relating to my town and I love that feature! I have been on topix longer than my registered date and have watched it change and become more user friendly and admin accessible. LOL, at first it seemed like the wild west! It's been fun, addicting and even a pain in the neck sometimes when everyone gets very passionate about their opinions. But overall it has been a gateway to friendships that I am happy to have.

I participated in the topix survey some months ago and got to say what I felt about topix, and I had a lot to say! I know some of the upcoming changes are responses to the survey and that shows you how much topix wants to be the best site out there. As a thank you for my participation in the survey, topix sent me a check for $50.00! So, thank you topix, for the site, for listening and for the spending money!
informed

Enterprise, AL

#13 Oct 20, 2006
franko wrote:
I am wonderiung how one contacts the TOPIX Admin about comments that may be considered "over the line?", in extremely bad taste,and what to do about them?
Flag the reply for review. Then maybe they will remove it.

“Hi Folks!”

Topix Headquarters

#14 Oct 20, 2006
la sunshine wrote:
I would like to know how to re-register my moniker. I messed up the other night and lost it. I can't find the website for it.
I have a ball on Topix and have met some great friends.
If you need to login again, go to www.topix.com/member/login
You can also recover your password there if you have forgotten it.

Admin @ Topix

“Hi Folks!”

Topix Headquarters

#15 Oct 20, 2006
franko wrote:
Hi Franko,

On every post, you will see a link in the upper right corner that says "flag for review". Please click that link if you come across posts that you feel violate Topix Terms of Service.

Thanks!
Admin @ Topix
franko

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#16 Oct 20, 2006
informed wrote:
<quoted text>
Flag the reply for review. Then maybe they will remove it.
I don't know how to flag it....

also, what if my concerns go beyond that?
franko

Port Coquitlam, Canada

#17 Oct 20, 2006
Top Mod wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Franko,
On every post, you will see a link in the upper right corner that says "flag for review". Please click that link if you come across posts that you feel violate Topix Terms of Service.
Thanks!
Admin @ Topix
what if I wish to discuss something in more detail, and privately?
VALERIE

AOL

#18 Oct 20, 2006
franko wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how to flag it....
also, what if my concerns go beyond that?
Franko, up in the right hand corner. there are the words reply and flag for review. If you click on flag for review, they will review it. I dont think they can do a lot about it, they have to abide my freedom of speech. Only thing they can do is keep the 4 letter words out of the comments.We have to have thicker skin, we are NOT going to love everything someone writes.(sorry I know this was reserved for a Topix thing, just wanted to tell Franko how to flag.)

“I'm tired of being tired!”

b f egypy

#23 Oct 25, 2006
Hmmm, I guess the first time I came to topix was when I did a search for a trial that was going on in New Mexico...teen shot and killed his family...found a great link about that here on topix and been here since...What I found most appealing about topix at that time was the ease in which you could participate with your posts, etc.
Patty

Philadelphia, PA

#25 Oct 26, 2006
clydecaddy Infidel PBUH wrote:
Nothing like having a bunch of little Hitlers running around flagging post you don't like . I never promised you a rose garden. Flag This.
Oh, get a grip.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Welcome To The Topix Internet Top Mod 21 (Feb '12) 5 hr Ricky F 5,479
American & Allied Soldiers Rock! (Jun '11) 5 hr Ricky F 16,807
What do u think about Ricky Burgess jr . 5 hr joey 9
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 10 hr Princess Hey 5,758
Men; Do U like the pubic hair resurgence on Wom... 12 hr tom 13
The fun thread (Sep '11) 13 hr the_don_pug 335
Is it rare to find Women who'll face ride ? 14 hr North Mountain 13
More from around the web