Why the nice people forum failed

Posted in the Topix Forum

Carl Bad

Oceanside, CA

#1 May 15, 2013
I suspected it would only be a matter of time, until the nice people forum devolved into the typical Topix repetitive drivel.

And that's ok.

Folks can post whatever they want on Topix and even to the most casual observer it is obvious people prefer conflict and insult.

An that's ok.

You may come onto Topix to complain about the lack of civility but know you are to blame even if you do not have a feud with someone here. It is obvious that A dislikes B and B reciprocates, maybe they both feel justified as the legitimate victim of the other and must fight to "defend" themselves. The problem is C-D-E- and F, choose sides and comment. Even if C,D,E, and F never comment directly to A and B , A and B receive exquisite tingly pleasure merely at being mentioned as an object of attention by the others. It is because the rest can not contain themselves and reward the trolls and fighters, that Topix will remain that way.

And that's ok.

Topix likes the traffic, they want to point out the number hits they receive to their advertisers. Advertisers don't care about content only quantity of visitors. That is the business model. There is a reason The Jerry Springer Show is still in syndication.

And that's ok.

When you complain about it just know you are the cause. Go ahead and complain, go ahead and troll. It's all good. It is what it is and it is pointless to try to tell others what to do and frankly quite boring. So have at it Topix posters your antics entertain me when I've nothing more productive to attend to.
sexy becksy

Ashburn, VA

#2 May 15, 2013
Kevy and Perse where there all today running it into the ground.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#3 May 15, 2013
So by being too nice we get shadow banned?
Well dirty word, that sucks!

Level 8

Since: Mar 12

Sugar Land, TX

#4 May 15, 2013
So...I'm Ok, You're OK.

Cool.
sexy becksy

Ashburn, VA

#5 May 15, 2013
I'm Ok

You are a moronic kevy hag.

Level 6

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#7 May 15, 2013
Being nice isn't always fun. You have to be able to b!t2h and grip somewhere. You can't at home or your in trouble.

Level 6

Location hidden

#9 May 15, 2013
Meant to spell it like this B!t@h.

Watching a show about the Inca's.
Carl Bad

Oceanside, CA

#13 May 17, 2013
Nice reference

“I walk among you but”

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

I am not one of you

#14 May 17, 2013
Hi Carl, It is topix. I left because of the fighting. I am hoping things have changed. I think people like to fight because no one knows who they are so they may act out on here.
Carl Bad

Oceanside, CA

#15 May 17, 2013
it's what people seem to like

“I walk among you but”

Level 8

Since: Feb 12

I am not one of you

#16 May 17, 2013
Carl Bad wrote:
it's what people seem to like
I know it is and that is to bad. This could be a nice place to meet people but I am afraid to meet anyone. Some are nice one day and mean the next. I have been gone for awhile and now I have no idea who is mad at who anymore. I have tried to say hi at some places on my tracker but everyone is gone or they are fighting.

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Apr 10

#17 May 17, 2013
Bellah wrote:
Hi Carl, It is topix. I left because of the fighting. I am hoping things have changed. I think people like to fight because no one knows who they are so they may act out on here.
There are some that are going to fight no matter what. They have been fighting for years. Nothing changes in topixland.

Level 8

Parkersburg, WV

#18 May 18, 2013
sexy becksy wrote:
Kevy and Perse where there all today running it into the ground.
Nat was on it for days running it into the ground before i got there
Carl Bad

Oceanside, CA

#20 May 18, 2013
Et Voila ^^^^

Level 8

Parkersburg, WV

#21 May 18, 2013
weeeee ^^^

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What have we here? 3/29/15 11 min Trunketeer 163
Campfire Memories 19 min -Lea- 711
Rose of Tralee's 'Cabinet of Wonders' (Aug '14) 23 min Rose of Tralee 254
Name Three Things (Aug '12) 25 min Rose of Tralee 2,263
Looking for factory employment 3 hr -Figgy - 2
Should Greens Apologize to the Purples?? (Mar '12) 3 hr -Figgy - 16
South Korea: Police Use Force to Arrest Familie... 20 hr light 1
More from around the web