Why are posters banned with no warning?

Posted in the Topix Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Downtown Loft Dweller

Rockmart, GA

#1 Feb 17, 2012
And the ones that snitch them off are usually doing worse things than they are...Seniority should have no place in getting someone removed.Do we need more mods or do the ones we have need to do a better job of actually investigating claims?

black knight x

“Unchallenged”

Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Uncommon

#2 Feb 17, 2012
If you are talking about MSO4,one of the Mods seem to favor him because he has been here for 4 years.He talks to people like dogs and is homophobic yet they skip right past him and ban whoever has made him"cry".Anyone that knows this freak knows its true.

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#3 Feb 17, 2012
I was banned without a warning.
Downtown Loft Dweller

Rockmart, GA

#4 Feb 17, 2012
Are the mods afraid of their snitches?

Vendetta 13
Level 5

Since: Dec 11

<><><> TKC <><><>

#5 Feb 17, 2012
I think every forum has their pet who is also the rat.When they tell the mod on you then they are judge,jury,and executioner.Playing favories is unfair to 99% of us.

Level 1

Location hidden

#6 Feb 17, 2012
Downtown Loft Dweller wrote:
Are the mods afraid of their snitches?
I never reported a single person. I don't need mods to speak for me.I am capable of doing that for muself. It was a name.Not a fcuking job..Capiche?

Desperado 7
Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Dont give what you cant take

#7 Feb 17, 2012
dixie reporter wrote:
<quoted text>I never reported a single person. I don't need mods to speak for me.I am capable of doing that for muself. It was a name.Not a fcuking job..Capiche?
You lost me,whut?

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#8 Feb 18, 2012
Us Monster Ballers are special. we can say what ever we want. We can't be banned. That's what they say anyway.
;-)
Annie Muk

Sweden

#9 Feb 18, 2012
Downtown Loft Dweller wrote:
Why are posters banned with no warning? And the ones that snitch them off are usually doing worse things than they are...Seniority should have no place in getting someone removed.Do we need more mods or do the ones we have need to do a better job of actually investigating claims?
I agree with you. But the answer to your question is that if you are given a warning you will have the opportunity to say publically what you've just said about the "snitch who's doing worse things". THAT would give the possibility of an arguement and even an uprising.

black knight x

“Unchallenged”

Level 6

Uncommon

#10 Feb 19, 2012
Some that have been here a few years are even brassy enough to tell you that they"cant"be removed!

black knight x

“Unchallenged”

Level 6

Uncommon

#11 Feb 19, 2012
What that says to me is that the longer you are here the bigger the Ahole you can be..whats wrong with that picture?!

_Olive_

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#12 Feb 19, 2012
I don't feel anyone should be ever banned without warning, especially posters with over 500 comments.

And I agree, there are too many snitches running around, bragging of getting other posters banned.

Level 3

Since: Jun 10

Bowdon, GA

#13 Feb 19, 2012
All of the rules are listed in the TOS. They are pretty simple to understand. If you are not breaking the rules, you don't have to worry about a "snitch". If you DO break the rules, what makes you think you deserve a warning? We are not small children. We are adults who, for the most part, understand the meanings of rules and the consequences that come when we break those rules. If you get banned, I'm pretty sure you know the reason WHY. As far as posters bragging that they can get someone banned, that is an urban legend, of sorts. You can report someone you don't like 20 times a day, but, if that person is not breaking any of the rules of the TOS, you're just wasting your time.
Annie Muk

Sweden

#14 Feb 19, 2012
Ghostygal wrote:
All of the rules are listed in the TOS. They are pretty simple to understand. If you are not breaking the rules, you don't have to worry about a "snitch". If you DO break the rules, what makes you think you deserve a warning? We are not small children. We are adults who, for the most part, understand the meanings of rules and the consequences that come when we break those rules. If you get banned, I'm pretty sure you know the reason WHY. As far as posters bragging that they can get someone banned, that is an urban legend, of sorts. You can report someone you don't like 20 times a day, but, if that person is not breaking any of the rules of the TOS, you're just wasting your time.
If someone calls your wife a whore and you tell him to go screw himself ...... you get banned but he does not. That is what has happended to me. That is why I am now "grey boxing". What do you have to say about "rules & snitches" now?

I deal with it the way I chose (never mind that) but the OP has a point. A good point.

Level 3

Bowdon, GA

#15 Feb 19, 2012
Annie Muk wrote:
<quoted text>
If someone calls your wife a whore and you tell him to go screw himself ...... you get banned but he does not. That is what has happended to me. That is why I am now "grey boxing". What do you have to say about "rules & snitches" now?
I deal with it the way I chose (never mind that) but the OP has a point. A good point.
I think that you're most likely sugar-coating the post(s) that got you banned. As far as what I have to say about rules and snitches........I stand behind my previous post.

Location hidden

#16 Feb 19, 2012
_Olive_ wrote:
I don't feel anyone should be ever banned without warning, especially posters with over 500 comments.

And I agree, there are too many snitches running around, bragging of getting other posters banned.
Posters with over 500 comments should know what the rules are.
If you're banned, Topix should tell you the infraction that caused it, but you usually know why you're banned.

“Anti-Stalker”

Level 1

Since: Oct 11

Campaign

#18 Feb 20, 2012
I often wonder who is really banned? I don't see banned posters, they come back in new nick names. I'm not sure it will ever be any different until only registered members can post. Once everyone registers, the ban would hold. You see in this thread alone banning doesn't work.

streakolean
Level 5

Since: Dec 11

<><><>()<><><>

#19 Feb 20, 2012
SoIitaire wrote:
I often wonder who is really banned? I don't see banned posters, they come back in new nick names. I'm not sure it will ever be any different until only registered members can post. Once everyone registers, the ban would hold. You see in this thread alone banning doesn't work.
Only registered members SHOULD be able to post.

“Topix Administration”

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

Palo Alto, Ca

#20 Feb 20, 2012
Monster Baller wrote:
Us Monster Ballers are special. we can say what ever we want. We can't be banned. That's what they say anyway.
;-)
Don't believe it!

Evil Eagle

“ON THE PROWL..”

Level 7

Big Birds Nest..

#21 Feb 20, 2012
Top Mod 8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't believe it!
LOL..
I knew you were around Sweetie.. ;-)

Eagle

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay Guys SC 3 hr Gayteen1787 140
Word association game (Sep '12) 3 hr -Cowardly Lion- 1,720
Myrtle Beach Safety 4 hr Vermont Guy 1
The Official Complaint Department (May '12) 5 hr -Coffee Mate-- 3,477
Covcas Morning Drive Diner & Coffee Shoppe (Nov '12) 10 hr -Coffee Mate-- 19,097
nice people only forum (Oct '15) Sat jjcuudjcjjcjvj 303
chub bttm pig for yahoo chat Sat ohiokid2007 1
More from around the web