War Indonesia vs Australia, Who will ...

War Indonesia vs Australia, Who will win? - Topix

There are 4601 comments on the www.topix.com story from Jan 27, 2011, titled War Indonesia vs Australia, Who will win? - Topix. In it, www.topix.com reports that:

POLL: Indo totally destroy Aussies * Indo wins after a struggle * Aussie mgd to defend itself * Aussie surrender without fight....

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.com.

A Spastic

Dulwich Hill, Australia

#4468 Oct 4, 2013
mig29 wrote:
RAAF F18 superhonet are Not able to performing darwin-jakarta bombing. and what strategic places the aus airforce drop their bomb? surabaya mybe? reactivate your F111, but she,s too old. the conclution is: both sides have no ability to win the war, if happened. sory for my bad engls
It's true war would be a total waste of resources and equipment, only Russia, America and China would profit. Australia and Indonesia do too much business with each other for war. It's a stupid argument and will never happen.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#4469 Oct 4, 2013
mig29 wrote:
RAAF F18 superhonet are Not able to performing darwin-jakarta bombing. and what strategic places the aus airforce drop their bomb? surabaya mybe? reactivate your F111, but she,s too old. the conclution is: both sides have no ability to win the war, if happened. sory for my bad engls
Actually the RAAF F-18's are capable of performing bombing in Indonesian air space, possibly out of air bases in East Timor. The RAAF will soon be receiving EA-18G Growler electronic warfare jets, which the TNI air force have no comparable aircraft. Operating with F-18's, the Growlers will be able to jam SAM sites and enemy air defenses as F-18's launch JSOW cruises missiles at military targets. Indonesian SAM sites won't be able to counter the electronic warfare planes and Indonesia lacks the aircraft models or numbers to maintain air superiority. There are also several US B-52 squadrons that rotate out of Australia, that would likely take part in the war effort,
Doof Doof Doof Doof

Reservoir, Australia

#4470 Oct 5, 2013
Australia's military would win a localised war with Indonesia. Easy peasy.

Australia's civilians, industry and some military interests outside of Australia would have a tough time coping against the onslaught of a fundamentalist Muslims around the world who would support Indo.

Lets say of the billion Muslims in the world, 0.1% are a bit on the nutty side, thats a million folks with "suicidal tendencies" against Australia.

Maybe it wont be that many, but its not the country Indonesia i would be worried about.

Doof Doof Doof Doof signing out.

Location hidden

#4471 Oct 5, 2013
Oase wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Most of Australia's Venomous Snakes also exist in Indonesia... Cough cough... Sea Snakes. And The snake I was talking about was a ground rattle snake. I haven't seen it but my driver already seen it, and his friend said one bite 3 steps and you're dead.
2. Efforts made by Australia? I wanna laugh. We Indonesians are winning, but the reason Japan retreated early is cause it was nuked, but not by Australia. And 350 years is actually the Dutch trying to colonize us, they haven't colonized us and they needed to bring us down, for 350 YEARS. And Indonesia isn't really that good in equipments. And If we're using old legends, Australia is dead.
3. It's probably the thing Australia is good at.
4. No, the pistol is P-2 and P-3. We also have PM-3 which have a killing rate equal to those of an Assault Rifle.
5. I heard an Indonesian plane is being terrorized and is stopped by the Indonesian special forces with NO casualties (Except the terrorists).
But now, after hearing you say Indonesia's freedom is cause of Australia, I no longer respect you and your s**thole country.
1- Rattle Snakes are only native to the Americas, so I know your lying there and judging from the fact you have no solid evidence of the snakes genre or species I call BS
2- I said efforts of Australia and the United States, Australia did play a part in stopping the Japanese during the course of the war, but yes it was the Americans who delivered the final blow.
3- Crushing the Indonesian military? Yes that it what the Australian military would be good at doing.
4- I did a quick google search and none of those weapons you mentioned exists. And a killing rate equal to an assault rifle is BS, A trained shooter with a WW1 era battle rifle would win a fight against an idiot with an M16, see what I did there?
5- Another google search and again i've found nothing. Could you provide a link to prove your not just making this stuff up?
and finally your an idiot and the reason half the forum goers on this thread disrespect Indonesia. All you do is provoke arguments, speak nothing but crap and clearly have no knowledge of the world outside of Indonesia. It's Pathetic and just so you know, if you think you have freedom in Indonesia, maybe you need to take a trip to Australia or New Zealand, there's a reason asylum seekers head to Australia instead of New Zealand.

Location hidden

#4472 Oct 5, 2013
Doof Doof Doof Doof wrote:
Australia's military would win a localised war with Indonesia. Easy peasy.
Australia's civilians, industry and some military interests outside of Australia would have a tough time coping against the onslaught of a fundamentalist Muslims around the world who would support Indo.
Lets say of the billion Muslims in the world, 0.1% are a bit on the nutty side, thats a million folks with "suicidal tendencies" against Australia.
Maybe it wont be that many, but its not the country Indonesia i would be worried about.
Doof Doof Doof Doof signing out.
Australia's been winning a war against that 0.1% for the past 10 years, I don't think they'll be a problem
LOL

Macquarie Fields, Australia

#4474 Oct 5, 2013
Redneck Pride wrote:
<quoted text>
Concerned maybe, frightened certainly not.
Yes, Australia is very frightened of Indonesia. Especially with Indonesia getting stronger and america (Australia's master and controller) looking like a divided and declining nation that may not be able to protect Australia in the future. Indonesia won't be invading Australia any time soon if ever, but they certainly do have the upper hand due to their geographical position and their upcoming economic might.
LOL

#4475 Oct 5, 2013
Shadowraptor360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Australia's been winning a war against that 0.1% for the past 10 years, I don't think they'll be a problem
If you've been fighting for 10 years then you aren't winning.

Location hidden

#4476 Oct 5, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text> If you've been fighting for 10 years then you aren't winning.
How so? The NATO coalition has killed most of the Islamic terrorists which were originally in the region with relatively low causalities by comparison. The middle eastern governments are getting back on there feet and Australian, as well most other forces are leaving the region. Your logic makes no sense, the only reason the war has lasted so long is because its not easy to find a few hundred individuals in large, populated country such as Iraq or Afghanistan, are you saying the allied forces in world war 2 weren't winning towards the end of the war because the war had lasted for 6 years?

Location hidden

#4477 Oct 5, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, Australia is very frightened of Indonesia. Especially with Indonesia getting stronger and america (Australia's master and controller) looking like a divided and declining nation that may not be able to protect Australia in the future. Indonesia won't be invading Australia any time soon if ever, but they certainly do have the upper hand due to their geographical position and their upcoming economic might.
You really are stupid aren't you? Australia has directly gone up against Indonesia twice, during the Indo-Mala war and East Timor crisis. If Australia was frightened of Indonesia, why would it liberate one of its islands and send a fully armed military force over in direct view of Indonesia?
You need to understand that Indonesia does not have a better military because its bigger and they do not have a geographical advantage.
Australia has lots of air bases in the north which will easily decimate any invasion force, not that a landing party would get anyway, most of the Australian cities and weapon factories are in the south, surrounded by naval bases
LOL

#4480 Oct 5, 2013
Shadowraptor360 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are stupid aren't you? Australia has directly gone up against Indonesia twice, during the Indo-Mala war and East Timor crisis. If Australia was frightened of Indonesia, why would it liberate one of its islands and send a fully armed military force over in direct view of Indonesia?
You need to understand that Indonesia does not have a better military because its bigger and they do not have a geographical advantage.
Australia has lots of air bases in the north which will easily decimate any invasion force, not that a landing party would get anyway, most of the Australian cities and weapon factories are in the south, surrounded by naval bases
Calling me stupid doesn't help your cause. I stand by my argument.

In most wars, it is the foreign invading force that loses. Australia should have learnt by now since its fought so many losing wars alongside the americans. Also, I'm not saying that Indonesia has a better military than Australia. I'm saying that Australia is frightened of Indonesia.

Location hidden

#4485 Oct 5, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text> Calling me stupid doesn't help your cause. I stand by my argument.
In most wars, it is the foreign invading force that loses. Australia should have learnt by now since its fought so many losing wars alongside the americans. Also, I'm not saying that Indonesia has a better military than Australia. I'm saying that Australia is frightened of Indonesia.
Your argument makes no sense. And while your statement is true for Indonesia (Everytime Indonesia has invaded another country they've ended up losing, Malaysia, East Timor). Your basically saying that the global war on terror has been lost just because America was involved, but if you look at the statistics, the number of terror attacks in the region has decreased, the terrorist causalities far exceed that of the coalition casualties and the Al Qaeda leadership has been destroyed with military forces now leaving the country, i'd call that a win. The only recent war that was truly a loss was the Vietnam war and that was lost due to political reasons, American forces won almost every major land battle against the NVA. Unless you can provide proof that Australia is frightened of Indonesia you can not use that statement as leverage, as I've said, most Australians are more worried about China or North Korea than Indonesia.

Location hidden

#4486 Oct 5, 2013
Greater Turkey wrote:
Indonesia is not the same Indonesia Australia fought during the Malay-Indo war . Today Indonesia is an emerging superpower and far better armed than before .
Australia isn't the same Australia either, Australia is far better armed before and is a member of the UN security council, do you think an active UN member can be attacked with no international reaction? Indonesia is far from an emerging super power my friend, Indonesia's government is still saturated in corruption and is generally regarded as a 3rd world country by many current powerful nations.

Location hidden

#4492 Oct 5, 2013
Greater Turkey wrote:
<quoted text>China , Russia is also saturated in corruption and that has not stopped those nations from building up a powerful military . Today Indonesia Gdp in purchasing power parity is bigger than Australias and it won't be long before Indonesia overtakes Australia in nominal Gdp .
Indonesia doesn't have a strong military though, they have a large military, the soldiers of the TNI are poorly trained in comparison to the ADF soldiers and corrupted in there own sense
LOL

#4493 Oct 5, 2013
Shadowraptor360 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument makes no sense. And while your statement is true for Indonesia (Everytime Indonesia has invaded another country they've ended up losing, Malaysia, East Timor). Your basically saying that the global war on terror has been lost just because America was involved, but if you look at the statistics, the number of terror attacks in the region has decreased, the terrorist causalities far exceed that of the coalition casualties and the Al Qaeda leadership has been destroyed with military forces now leaving the country, i'd call that a win. The only recent war that was truly a loss was the Vietnam war and that was lost due to political reasons, American forces won almost every major land battle against the NVA. Unless you can provide proof that Australia is frightened of Indonesia you can not use that statement as leverage, as I've said, most Australians are more worried about China or North Korea than Indonesia.
It looks like you've bought the propaganda.

There was no war on terror. Terror is just an excuse to invade countries of geopolitical importance and to get control of their resources.

There are wars in Afghanistan and Iraq which have been going on for over 10 years. Winning military battles is nothing if you don't have the control of the country, which would also the seppo's main goal because they want control of the country and the resources. That's not really winning, isn't it?

America has resorted to fighting with and supporting Al-Qaeda in the dispute in Syria. That means that Al-Qaeda still exists as strongly as ever and that americans aren't really interested in fighting terrorist organisations. They want resources and control.

They've also lost their credibility with all their recent spying scandals after telling the world that they were all about freedom, human rights or whatever other ideal.

Adding everything together, america has failed miserably.

Location hidden

#4494 Oct 5, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text> It looks like you've bought the propaganda.
There was no war on terror. Terror is just an excuse to invade countries of geopolitical importance and to get control of their resources.
There are wars in Afghanistan and Iraq which have been going on for over 10 years. Winning military battles is nothing if you don't have the control of the country, which would also the seppo's main goal because they want control of the country and the resources. That's not really winning, isn't it?
America has resorted to fighting with and supporting Al-Qaeda in the dispute in Syria. That means that Al-Qaeda still exists as strongly as ever and that americans aren't really interested in fighting terrorist organisations. They want resources and control.
They've also lost their credibility with all their recent spying scandals after telling the world that they were all about freedom, human rights or whatever other ideal.
Adding everything together, america has failed miserably.
This isn't about America though is it? Australia has been in the war to eliminate Islamic terrorists who have been suppressing the region for years, the Al Qaeda is not as strong as ever, they are now resorting to killing each other in confusion and the Afghanistan government is capable of defending itself. The war in middle east never was an invasion, it was a peace keeping operation to stop the terrorists as they posed a threat to the western world. And Indonesia has done what you've just described as well, invading East Timor on implications it was to stop the spread of communism and we all know how that ended up.
LOL

#4495 Oct 5, 2013
Shadowraptor360 wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't about America though is it? Australia has been in the war to eliminate Islamic terrorists who have been suppressing the region for years, the Al Qaeda is not as strong as ever, they are now resorting to killing each other in confusion and the Afghanistan government is capable of defending itself. The war in middle east never was an invasion, it was a peace keeping operation to stop the terrorists as they posed a threat to the western world. And Indonesia has done what you've just described as well, invading East Timor on implications it was to stop the spread of communism and we all know how that ended up.
Yet the americans (I use that term since they're the main party and Australia follows them like good obedient dogs) have resorted to supporting Al-Qaeda in Syria. So much for anti-terrorism.

Indonesia lost in East Timor just like how america will eventually be kicked out of Iraq and Afghanistan, and just like how it was booted out in Vietnam.
Celastrina

Kuantan, Malaysia

#4496 Oct 5, 2013
Indonesia can't afford a war.
Economic recovery from decades of corrupt leaders.
Present military dominated by ethnic Javanese.
Internal racial division.
Difficult to build industries due to decades of poor education system
But she can still give Australia a bloody nose.
KGB

Bluru Kidul, Indonesia

#4497 Oct 6, 2013
The United States of America is the Master. Since Australia obey America like donkeys. Could you free yourself from slavery?!, hahaha

Location hidden

#4498 Oct 6, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>Yet the americans (I use that term since they're the main party and Australia follows them like good obedient dogs) have resorted to supporting Al-Qaeda in Syria. So much for anti-terrorism.
Indonesia lost in East Timor just like how america will eventually be kicked out of Iraq and Afghanistan, and just like how it was booted out in Vietnam.
Funny you say that, it'll be awkward if Iraq and Afghanistan do kick America out, since the United States is currently pulling out of the region and have you read the news lately?

http://news.yahoo.com/us-says-captures-al-qae...

The US isn't after resources or land, there after the terrorists who flew a damn plane into one of there national icons! As for Syria, the US is against the government, who has repeatedly made threats against the United States and has broken UN law by using chemical weapons, the US just wants them dead.
Lastly, you forgot to hide your location, if you want to talk s**t about Australia don't f***ing live here then!

Location hidden

#4499 Oct 6, 2013
KGB wrote:
The United States of America is the Master. Since Australia obey America like donkeys. Could you free yourself from slavery?!, hahaha
Again, that's your opinion and you have no evidence to support your claim, in my eyes it looks like you have no arguments to make so you decide to try and use the close relationship between Australia and America as some kind of leverage to why Indonesia is better than Australia.
I honestly fail to see any argument in that stupid comment, if anything its Ironic, the Indonesians needed the Japanese to invade to free them from Dutch slavery, where they then became Japanese slaves for the duration of World War 2.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear Santa (Nov '11) 11 min _Susan_ 82
Birthday party 4 hr Johnjames86 1
Gay Guys SC 6 hr Cute 565
**Gay/Bi k*k** 8 hr Sneakingsnake 56
Dirty snapchat 10 hr Infamous 11
What is Trolling? (Feb '11) 10 hr Izzy-_- 164
michelle gill 17 hr keith 1
More from around the web