More Complaints Against Slumlord With...
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
The Score

Honolulu, HI

#167 Sep 20, 2011
yea wrote:
<quoted text>Slumlords are back!
Are Slum Lords A Huge Problem In Hawaii?
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/honolulu-hi/T...
Slumlords zero.

Renters and loyal supporters of freedom, 45 points.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/honolulu-hi/T...

Insecure Sock

“U can't hide..”

Level 4

Since: May 12

Ur lying eyes...

#169 May 22, 2012
Are there holes in ur walls?
Yea

Ewa Beach, HI

#170 May 18, 2013
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>Great post, hadn't heard of the pissedoffconsumer website before, but I'm checking it out now just in case I ever needed it, I've followed these post for a few days without saying anything, but nobody ask the $64,000 question about why you never hear about a slumlord suing a former tenant for posting information about them, so I'll list them here.
1. If the landlord tried to sue the former tenants, the court would more than likely uncover more violations and fraud than even known about the landlord on those posted reports, a landlord who has broken the law, knows that more information will be exposed, it could be anything, such as false advertising, building code violations, health hazards, misrepresenting facts to the tenants and so on, maybe a neighbor or unexpected witness appears in court giving more evidence, this could be a sticky situation for the landlord.
2. If the landlord tried to sue the former tenants, they must have assets that they can be sued for in case for whatever reason they could win, lawyers don't want to waste their time going after people who don't own real estate, investments or other valuable property that can be seized, even if they could go after their wages, most of them don't make much more than a migrant field worker, even worse, if they are unemployed, collect SSI or welfare, good luck, they are probably homeless living on a dollar a day scrounging cans and bottles out of garbage cans to get the deposits, hardly worth it.
3. If the landlord tried to sue the former tenants, they risk the exposure in the mainstream media, where it bleeds it leads, every reporter wants a nice juicy story to ask questions about, once the cat is let out of the bag, people start posting stories about it on the internet and talking amongst each other at social gatherings, soon the landlord is viewed as an even eviler entity with a much wider spread of people knowing about it, soon people don't want to rent from them or have anything to do with them, they risk taking a limited amount of people knowing of their dirty deeds, and making it more wide spread information, soon it's exploited onto a mainstream national or even possibly an international level.
Even if the landlord was innocent, which is probably unlikely, as they say, where there's smoke there is fire, it creates a huge scandal, very messy at best with mouths talking for many years to come.
Interesting.
Yea

Ewa Beach, HI

#171 May 18, 2013
Insecure Sock wrote:
Are there holes in ur walls?
Gee, you have holes in your head and your sock.
HappyGoLucky

United States

#172 May 4, 2015
Does anyone know about a landlord named James (Jim) Bennett who rents in Southern Indiana...namely the Clarksville area?
mold sucks

New Albany, IN

#173 May 10, 2016
HappyGoLucky wrote:
Does anyone know about a landlord named James (Jim) Bennett who rents in Southern Indiana...namely the Clarksville area?
Yes, he is nothing more than a slumlord! We lived in one of his houses that ended up having black mold in it. Both faucets leaked, w&which caused the flor to rott out.

When we asked him to fix it, he told us that he couldn't do repairs with us in the house.

DO NOT RENT FROM HIM!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~Last Post~ (Apr '12) 2 hr Sharlene45 8,230
Welcome To The Topix Internet Top Mod 21 (Feb '12) 2 hr - Sookie - 6,570
Word association game (Sep '12) 2 hr - Sookie - 2,862
play last word! (Aug '12) 3 hr -Cowardly Lion- 356
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 9 hr whatimeisit 1,197
**** Last post wins a prop **** New game .. rea... (Jul '12) 10 hr -Sprocket- 597
Looking to show off on skype to men Tue fictionw0000rthy 1