Becoming a Topix Editor
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#1 Jan 30, 2011
Hello everyone.

I've recently been trying to become an editor for my local town forum, but I am not having any luck with that. I have followed the steps on the help page, but it is of no help. Does anyone think they can assist me with this?

I've also tried to apply to other forums with no luck. Also, I tried to kill stories that were off-topic but can't seem to find the "kill story" link.

Of course, I have all the problems. Haha.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Sevierville, TN

#2 Jan 30, 2011
There are two ways to kill stories. Editors have a link for killing their own submissions or those of the roboblogger. Any user, registered or not, can use the feedback form to request that a story be removed.

Try this link for applying to become an editor for your locality: http://www.topix.com/member/editor-applicatio... . There's a box on the right with the heading, "Become a Topix editor for your city!" make sure you are signed in to your Topix account, enter the locality that you want to edit for, and click the green "Go" button.

Good luck and happy editing.

Location hidden

#3 Jan 31, 2011
I still can't seem to find the "become an editor button". I've searched the whole page with no luck...

Thanks for the information anyways NightSerf.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4 Mar 5, 2011
NightSerf wrote:
There are two ways to kill stories. Editors have a link for killing their own submissions or those of the roboblogger. Any user, registered or not, can use the feedback form to request that a story be removed.
Try this link for applying to become an editor for your locality: http://www.topix.com/member/editor-applicatio... . There's a box on the right with the heading, "Become a Topix editor for your city!" make sure you are signed in to your Topix account, enter the locality that you want to edit for, and click the green "Go" button.
Good luck and happy editing.
I am having the same problem- I was an editor where I lived before and tried to become one here in Hauula, HI, but the application link is inactivated. I would think TOPIX would at least be up front and tell us that they no longer want editors.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#5 Mar 5, 2011
I am having the same problem- I was an editor where I lived before and tried to become one here in Hauula, HI, but the application link is inactivated. I would think TOPIX would at least be up front and tell us that they no longer want editors.

Location hidden

#6 Mar 5, 2011
gwblomgren wrote:
I don't know what the problem is...

I've tried to become an editor, but there is no link for it.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#7 Apr 13, 2011
My link goes to my town, where it currently says "There are no editors for [town]". But from there, there's supposed to be another link that says Apply to Be an Editor, and there's NOT.

Sevierville, TN

#8 Apr 13, 2011
I'm surprised that none of the Topix Mods have responded here--they usually read the posts to this forum and respond to them. Not any more, I guess.

Since: Mar 09

Never Never Land

#9 Apr 20, 2011
H_A_T wrote:
I still can't seem to find the "become an editor button". I've searched the whole page with no luck...
Thanks for the information anyways NightSerf.
I'm not having any luck seeing it either...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#10 Apr 20, 2011
Ok I got a response! TM7 informs me that Topix is no longer accepting news editors.

There was, initially, a few bugs in the system, but while repairs were in process, the decision was made from on high that it was going to be no longer an option.

We are advised to simply start a thread and post a link if we observe a news story for our locale that the roboblogger doesn't catch.

Knoxville, TN

#11 Apr 22, 2011
Love Barnett wrote:
Ok I got a response! TM7 informs me that Topix is no longer accepting news editors.
There was, initially, a few bugs in the system, but while repairs were in process, the decision was made from on high that it was going to be no longer an option.
We are advised to simply start a thread and post a link if we observe a news story for our locale that the roboblogger doesn't catch.
I just got the same info from TopMod15. Bummer. I could also be worth a look at the Real-Time News link to see if the story you want to post is there. Then you can click the reply link from there.

“The Blaze is my Hero”

Mother Russia

#12 May 6, 2011
Thats a crock of bull. Topix lets people post all kinds of rampant abuse on here but not accepting news editors? this place is going downhill fast
healer

Gainesville, FL

#13 Jul 24, 2012
Editor Application
Thank you for your interest in the Topix Editor program.
Unfortunately, we are no longer accepting applications for new editors

“Continually Updated from Net”

Since: Jan 07

A PBS place in an MTV world

#14 Sep 8, 2012
Editors here for years have been deleted too it appears

WHY ???
Sam

Toronto, Canada

#15 Oct 9, 2012
Stan

Saint Catharines, Canada

#16 Oct 17, 2012
What a Joke

Toronto, Canada

#17 Oct 19, 2012
Greg

Toronto, Canada

#18 Nov 14, 2012

Since: Oct 08

Aylett, VA

#19 Dec 7, 2012
Well it looks like we are all out of a job. Guess keeping people informed about local stuff cost TOPIX too much, eh? It's not they pay us anything. Was trying to keep Town People updated on all the things the 'bot' didn't pick up. I must assume that the Gov't now has near total control over all media. As the Joker said in Batman... "all hail the new Prince in Town!"
Gord

Toronto, Canada

#20 Dec 30, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Editor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Profile suggestions for Topix? (Apr '09) Apr '16 Roxie Darling 881
'Hidden Location' for Topix account (May '10) Dec '15 Roxie Darling 7
Topix and Mobile Users (Oct '08) Dec '15 Roxie Darling 6
How to view comments made about posts (Jun '12) Aug '15 llq 14
Disappearing Posts (Apr '08) May '15 Jane Abao 19
Chronic censoring and threats from local editor... (Mar '15) Mar '15 troubled 3
change/edit email address (Dec '10) Nov '14 Oldtimer60 13
More from around the web