Roboblogger Slows Down?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Dan Allen Dot Com”

Since: Jul 07

Montpelier, Vermont

#1 Mar 7, 2008
In the Montpelier, Vermont forum, roboblogger seems to have taken a bit of a vacation. Roboblogger is not posting too many articles lately, none for a few days. Previously, Roboblogger would post 2-3 per day.

I am wondering if anyone knows why the change in Roboblogger activity? As always, any information anyone can share will be appreciated immensely.

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#2 Mar 7, 2008
Roboblogger has posted new stories before I even have a chance to open my eyes in the morning! I make it my morning ritual to review the wire and then the local papers online for new stories to post in my pages every morning. This is usually between 5am & 6am during the week. I guess Roboblogger is from New York, and I don't move fast enough for him LOL

Location hidden

#4 Mar 7, 2008
OMG a Robo-Troll!!!!!!!

Quick, get the RAID!!!
LOL

“Dan Allen Dot Com”

Montpelier, Vermont

#6 Mar 7, 2008
Stargazer1 wrote:
Roboblogger has posted new stories before I even have a chance to open my eyes in the morning! I make it my morning ritual to review the wire and then the local papers online for new stories to post in my pages every morning. This is usually between 5am & 6am during the week. I guess Roboblogger is from New York, and I don't move fast enough for him LOL
Indeed, Roboblogger used to be extremely fast and did a decent job, I have to say.

I don't mind if he goes away, because it will give me more control over the news feed in our forum. However, to be fair, I have to say, roboblogger has done a decent job. I have been impressed.

Location hidden

#8 Mar 7, 2008
danallendotcom wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, Roboblogger used to be extremely fast and did a decent job, I have to say.
I don't mind if he goes away, because it will give me more control over the news feed in our forum. However, to be fair, I have to say, roboblogger has done a decent job. I have been impressed.
I think he learns from watching what Editors post because when I first started editing the Lockport IL forum, he/it was posting stories to the news page about Lockport NY. I have seen stories on the wire that the feed has picked up but so far roboblogger hasn't picked them up and moved them.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#11 Sep 2, 2008
I caught Roboblogger red-handed spaming my site last month.

Hope you got that glitch fixed.

Location hidden

#12 Sep 2, 2008
danallendotcom wrote:
In the Montpelier, Vermont forum, roboblogger seems to have taken a bit of a vacation. Roboblogger is not posting too many articles lately, none for a few days. Previously, Roboblogger would post 2-3 per day.
I am wondering if anyone knows why the change in Roboblogger activity? As always, any information anyone can share will be appreciated immensely.
Dude, your face scares me!*LOL*

“Dan Allen Dot Com”

Montpelier, Vermont

#13 Sep 6, 2008
Dyann PACA West- CA wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, your face scares me!*LOL*
Imagine having to see it in the mirror! Terrifying.

Location hidden

#14 Sep 6, 2008
danallendotcom wrote:
<quoted text>
*lmao*
Great sense of humour covers a multitude of 'scary'!

“No Wifi for a year.FC inside”

Since: Nov 08

www.youtube.com/wutupz

#15 Nov 22, 2008
danallendotcom wrote:
<quoted text>
who is roboblogger anyways, i paste the name end of the url, it goes to home page,but he made a topic about youtube live

Since: Jan 08

Palo Alto , CA

#16 Jan 20, 2009
wutupz wrote:
<quoted text>
who is roboblogger anyways, i paste the name end of the url, it goes to home page,but he made a topic about youtube live
Hi Wutupz-

RoboBlogger is an editor's best friend. RoboBlogger checks in every once-in-a-while to make sure your page is up to date with recent news. If the stories are getting old, RoboBlogger will add articles to make sure the news is up to date.

Hope that helps!
kundak

Jakarta Pusat, Indonesia

#17 Jan 15, 2010
what technology there yare using to display the news like this way?
Well

United States

#18 Jul 9, 2010
danallendotcom wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it's bad looking face at all.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#19 Aug 1, 2010
Topix Ed wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Wutupz-
RoboBlogger is an editor's best friend. RoboBlogger checks in every once-in-a-while to make sure your page is up to date with recent news. If the stories are getting old, RoboBlogger will add articles to make sure the news is up to date.
Hope that helps!
What?????????? Go to the LPGA forum and see what he just posted!!! Annika shooting a 59. The article is 9+ years old and was posted 2 hrs. ago. He has a rep. in the golf forum for posting things that are 'old news' but this takes the cake (his)
Silence of Rich Little

Mississauga, Canada

#20 Oct 16, 2010
& others whose names appear but no Topix Server link to us unless a nice Canadian puts our link there ...

http://www.topix.com/world/north-america/2010...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#21 Oct 17, 2010
And, to add about roboblogger, AGAIN he posted an article in the LPGA forum that is 8 years old. Even had the date shown as 2002. I would rather have 'no' news rather than 'old newes'.
post a story like

Toronto, Canada

#22 Nov 9, 2010
http://www.topix.com/world/north-america/2010...

then check back & see if it's still there a week later, try the link above

then if it still is

try the forums search to find it @ a later time too

bet you can't find it either
sick of it

Huntington, WV

#23 Jan 19, 2011
roboblogger posted a false story and would love to have contact with him so we can get this squared away ... any ideas ...????? next step is my attorney!!!

“It's just a box of rain...”

Murfreesboro, TN

#24 Jan 30, 2011
Okay, so here's the thing. This is the Topix editor's forum. If you register and become an editor, you can post news stories to your home forum and you can kill (delete) stories posted by the roboblogger, which is nothing more than a bit of Topix software that posts stories to localities based on relevance by keyword.

To register follow this link: http://www.topix.com/member/register

To apply to be an editor, look for links on the pages of your forum. They seem to change location often.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Murfreesboro, TN

#25 Jan 30, 2011
sick of it wrote:
roboblogger posted a false story and would love to have contact with him so we can get this squared away ... any ideas ...????? next step is my attorney!!!
Stories don't originate with the roboblogger. It simply provides links to stories that are already published by other internet news services along with the headline and first paragraph. Those services should be the targets of any legal action. If you become an editor, you can remove any story that has been posted by the roboblogger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Topix Editor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Becoming a Topix Editor (Jan '11) Jun 28 Ground Control 26
Disappearing Posts (Apr '08) May '15 Jane Abao 19
Chronic censoring and threats from local editor... Mar '15 troubled 3
How to view comments made about posts (Jun '12) Mar '15 Controversy 13
'Hidden Location' for Topix account (May '10) Mar '15 true 6
looking for weed islington area! (Aug '14) Nov '14 Frank 4
change/edit email address (Dec '10) Nov '14 Oldtimer60 13
More from around the web