Bin Laden son-in-law arrested in Jordan is brought to New York

Mar 7, 2013 Full story: Reuters 63

A son-in-law of Osama bin Laden who served as al Qaeda's spokesman was arrested in Jordan and then brought to New York in an operation led by Jordanian authorities and the FBI, U.S. government sources said on Thursday.

Full Story
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#46 Mar 9, 2013
I'm glad it wasn't Bush in charge.
Bush just didn't let the world's number one
terrorist walk away at Tora Bora, but, in effect,
gave him a free pass. Bush and his entourage of
morons wouldn't have had a clue as to the where-a-bouts of bin Laden's son in law.

Thank God we have a POTUS who has had great
success in catching or killing leading terrorists.

There’s Osama bin Laden, of course, killed in May.

Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) leader Anwar al-Awlaki as of today.

Earlier this month officials confirmed that al Qaeda’s chief of Pakistan operations, Abu Hafs al-Shahri, was killed in Waziristan, Pakistan.

In August,‘Atiyah ‘Abd al-Rahman, the deputy leader of al Qaeda was killed.

In June, one of the group’s most dangerous commanders, Ilyas Kashmiri, was killed in Pakistan. In Yemen that same month, AQAP senior operatives Ammar al-Wa’ili, Abu Ali al-Harithi, and Ali Saleh Farhan were killed. In Somalia, Al-Qa’ida in East Africa (AQEA) senior leader Harun Fazul was killed.

Administration officials also herald the recent U.S./Pakistani joint arrest of Younis al-Mauritani in Quetta.

Going back to August 2009, Tehrik e-Taliban Pakistan leader Baitullah Mahsud was killed in Pakistan.

In September of that month, Jemayah Islamiya operational planner Noordin Muhammad Top was killed in Indonesia, and AQEA planner Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan was killed in Somalia.

Then in December 2009 in Pakistan, al Qaeda operational commanders Saleh al-Somali and ‘Abdallah Sa’id were killed.

In February 2010, in Pakistan, Taliban deputy and military commander Abdul Ghani Beradar was captured; Haqqani network commander Muhammad Haqqani was killed; and Lashkar-e Jhangvi leader Qari Zafar was killed.

In March 2010, al Qaeda operative Hussein al-Yemeni was killed in Pakistan, while senior Jemayah Islamiya operative Dulmatin - accused of being the mastermind behind the 2002 Bali bombings – was killed during a raid in Indonesia.

In April 2010, al Qaeda in Iraq leaders Abu Ayyub al-Masri and Abu Omar al-Baghdadi were killed.

In May, al Qaeda’s number three commander, Sheik Saeed al-Masri was killed.

In June 2010 in Pakistan, al Qaeda commander Hamza al-Jawfi was killed.

The list goes on.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#47 Mar 9, 2013
This islamic bastard is not a common criminal, he is a terrorist, and has no business being near this country. Obama just cannot punish his muslim brothers.
Don Joe

Maple Grove, MN

#48 Mar 9, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Long ago debunked, you litttle punk. SCOTUS only ruled on recounts. Gore tried to pull a fast one but SCOTUS saw through his game. You forget he was RE-elected in 2004. Dolt.
debunked??? Oh, I guess if you hear it on Fox News, it must be true. All you have to say is that it has been debunked. You don't have to offer even the slightest bit of evidence.

SCOTUS ruled that Florida law was insufficient, so therefore, bush must be president. If they really thought Florida law was that bad, they should have thrown it out, if it wasn't, they should have followed it. Either way, Gore would have been president.

Just keep repeating Fox news lies and pretty soon, you will believe it too. Just keep up the mantra.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#49 Mar 9, 2013
Brought to New York?

Well, why not?

The Taliban were welcome in Texas in 1997
to discuss oil deals.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#52 Mar 10, 2013
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Well, Bushie apologist, the majority of Americans find that Democrats are by far much tougher on terrorists than Republicans are.
hahaahahahahahahahahaha....... .Oh Yeah, it only took Obama 4 years to bring KSM to trial........and he masterminded the 9/11 attacks.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#53 Mar 10, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
debunked??? Oh, I guess if you hear it on Fox News, it must be true. All you have to say is that it has been debunked. You don't have to offer even the slightest bit of evidence.
SCOTUS ruled that Florida law was insufficient, so therefore, bush must be president. If they really thought Florida law was that bad, they should have thrown it out, if it wasn't, they should have followed it. Either way, Gore would have been president.
Just keep repeating Fox news lies and pretty soon, you will believe it too. Just keep up the mantra.
Is the FOX NEWS ploy your only gambit? You are pathetic. Go play in the sand pile.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#54 Mar 10, 2013
Gary wrote:
I'm glad it wasn't Bush in charge.
Bush just didn't let the world's number one
terrorist walk away at Tora Bora, but, in effect,
gave him a free pass. Bush and his entourage of
morons wouldn't have had a clue as to the where-a-bouts of bin Laden's son in law.
Thank God we have a POTUS who has had great
success in catching or killing leading terrorists.
There’s Osama bin Laden, of course, killed in May.
Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) leader Anwar al-Awlaki as of today.
Earlier this month officials confirmed that al Qaeda’s chief of Pakistan operations, Abu Hafs al-Shahri, was killed in Waziristan, Pakistan.
In August,‘Atiyah ‘Abd al-Rahman, the deputy leader of al Qaeda was killed.
In June, one of the group’s most dangerous commanders, Ilyas Kashmiri, was killed in Pakistan. In Yemen that same month, AQAP senior operatives Ammar al-Wa’ili, Abu Ali al-Harithi, and Ali Saleh Farhan were killed. In Somalia, Al-Qa’ida in East Africa (AQEA) senior leader Harun Fazul was killed.
Administration officials also herald the recent U.S./Pakistani joint arrest of Younis al-Mauritani in Quetta.
Going back to August 2009, Tehrik e-Taliban Pakistan leader Baitullah Mahsud was killed in Pakistan.
In September of that month, Jemayah Islamiya operational planner Noordin Muhammad Top was killed in Indonesia, and AQEA planner Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan was killed in Somalia.
Then in December 2009 in Pakistan, al Qaeda operational commanders Saleh al-Somali and ‘Abdallah Sa’id were killed.
In February 2010, in Pakistan, Taliban deputy and military commander Abdul Ghani Beradar was captured; Haqqani network commander Muhammad Haqqani was killed; and Lashkar-e Jhangvi leader Qari Zafar was killed.
In March 2010, al Qaeda operative Hussein al-Yemeni was killed in Pakistan, while senior Jemayah Islamiya operative Dulmatin - accused of being the mastermind behind the 2002 Bali bombings – was killed during a raid in Indonesia.
In April 2010, al Qaeda in Iraq leaders Abu Ayyub al-Masri and Abu Omar al-Baghdadi were killed.
In May, al Qaeda’s number three commander, Sheik Saeed al-Masri was killed.
In June 2010 in Pakistan, al Qaeda commander Hamza al-Jawfi was killed.
The list goes on.
REBOUND: Obama Considers Susan Rice for National Security Adviser...The Liar in Chief goes back to his main liar on Benghazi to give her a promotion for outstanding lying.

SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Names President One of 'Most Powerful People in Sports'... Oh yes, he makes some of the prettiest bracks and pivots to golf every chance he gets.
wertgh

Orange, CA

#55 Jul 28, 2014
I can't agree with you more ,my friend ,I have you bought jersey from website,I want to buy a jersey ,my friend tell me that www.cavaliers-store.com and www.welovenike.com are good choice ,I want to buy james' jersey but I don't know what the number he will wear,can you give me some advice

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#56 Jul 29, 2014
Gary wrote:
I'm glad it wasn't Bush in charge.
Bush just didn't let the world's number one
terrorist walk away at Tora Bora, but, in effect,
gave him a free pass. Bush and his entourage of
morons wouldn't have had a clue as to the where-a-bouts of bin Laden's son in law.

Thank God we have a POTUS who has had great
success in catching or killing leading terrorists.

ThereÂ’s Osama bin Laden, of course, killed in May.

Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) leader Anwar al-Awlaki as of today.

Earlier this month officials confirmed that al QaedaÂ’s chief of Pakistan operations, Abu Hafs al-Shahri, was killed in Waziristan, Pakistan.

In August,‘Atiyah ‘Abd al-Rahman, the deputy leader of al Qaeda was killed.

In June, one of the groupÂ’s most dangerous commanders, Ilyas Kashmiri, was killed in Pakistan. In Yemen that same month, AQAP senior operatives Ammar al-WaÂ’ili, Abu Ali al-Harithi, and Ali Saleh Farhan were killed. In Somalia, Al-QaÂ’ida in East Africa (AQEA) senior leader Harun Fazul was killed.

Administration officials also herald the recent U.S./Pakistani joint arrest of Younis al-Mauritani in Quetta.

Going back to August 2009, Tehrik e-Taliban Pakistan leader Baitullah Mahsud was killed in Pakistan.

In September of that month, Jemayah Islamiya operational planner Noordin Muhammad Top was killed in Indonesia, and AQEA planner Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan was killed in Somalia.

Then in December 2009 in Pakistan, al Qaeda operational commanders Saleh al-Somali and ‘Abdallah Sa’id were killed.

In February 2010, in Pakistan, Taliban deputy and military commander Abdul Ghani Beradar was captured; Haqqani network commander Muhammad Haqqani was killed; and Lashkar-e Jhangvi leader Qari Zafar was killed.

In March 2010, al Qaeda operative Hussein al-Yemeni was killed in Pakistan, while senior Jemayah Islamiya operative Dulmatin - accused of being the mastermind behind the 2002 Bali bombings – was killed during a raid in Indonesia.

In April 2010, al Qaeda in Iraq leaders Abu Ayyub al-Masri and Abu Omar al-Baghdadi were killed.

In May, al QaedaÂ’s number three commander, Sheik Saeed al-Masri was killed.

In June 2010 in Pakistan, al Qaeda commander Hamza al-Jawfi was killed.

The list goes on.
Now that you pasted War and Peace, prove it.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#57 Sep 14, 2014
They arrested him, but killed his father-in-law? Hypocrites in the Obama administration.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#59 Wednesday Feb 11
Don Joe wrote:
Can't we arrest the son of George Herbert Walker Bush and try him in New York as well?
hahaha!!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#60 Thursday Feb 12
Cheyney abandons hunt for Bin Laden after Iraq invasion

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#61 Thursday Feb 12
US has invaded more than 50 countries since WW2

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#62 Wednesday Feb 18
Jordan practices Islam correctly, and needs to exercise it's own military..Prez Obama is winning again Democratic Islamic States are fighting and not becoming a nanny protectorate like Kuwait

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#63 Wednesday Feb 18
:-)

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#64 Wednesday Feb 18
Swedenforever the greatest Topix poster next to Coolmind and Ridge..it's lonely at the top

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#65 Wednesday Feb 18
The day of 911 Darth Cheyney gave this family private plane tickets to Saudi Arabia
UserAuburn

Meridian, NY

#66 Wednesday Feb 18
Diamond Daisy wrote:
They arrested him, but killed his father-in-law? Hypocrites in the Obama administration.
I KNOW RIGHT!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#67 Thursday Feb 19
Gary wrote:
Brought to New York?
Well, why not?
The Taliban were welcome in Texas in 1997
to discuss oil deals.
Indeed
Swedenforever

Baltimore, MD

#68 Wednesday Feb 25
Was he on vacation?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unmasking of 'Jihadi John' as a London lad shoc... 6 min Jihadi Jons Knob 7
Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) 11 hr Crybaby 46,803
CSIS warns government of homegrown online anti-... 20 hr Avoid problems 2
Jihadi John my best worker: IT boss 20 hr Avoid problems 3
The extremist known as Jihadi John claims Briti... 21 hr Avoid problems 1
Cuba honors five spies who served long prison t... Mon WE JUST DONT CARE 3
Putin directs Muslim anger toward Cold War foes Mar 1 uther pendragon 4
More from around the web