Why should Australians fear from Muslims?

Full story: Scoop

About 800 people gathered in Camden, NSW and raised their voice against the plan for an Islamic School to be built in the area.
Comments
38,021 - 38,040 of 43,950 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Turn left at pub Number 42”

Since: Dec 08

Homehill,QLD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The oldest one is available in Topcopy Museum in Turkey and latest you can take from millions available from any part of the world!!
No other "link" is needed , you should be able to read Arabic!!
PS:
1. If you do not know Arabic, pick up a 10 year old Muslim child and he will read it for you, line by line, page by page and then some one from his memory also. You will find hardly any difference!!
2. Please do not do the same for Bible, first check which "version" you are looking for !!
Been there done that.
I used photoshop to copy random words from the Kufic script, 20 in all to a image jpeg that I stored on imigeshack that I could link into a Paltalk room of Muslims.

Guess how many could read one single word?

9/10 times I was kicked out when I said I wanted to test if the Quran has been altered ..can you read this?

BTW do you speak dialect of the Quraish? "the Quran was revealed in their tongue"
Kabeer Ali

Bacup, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

marko wrote:
this religion of islam is spreading globally to over take the world..soon,your kids will have a choice to bow to allah ot be beheaded...you gotta stop islam now..
You all guys are nuts really
tell me what is Jesus real NAME ?? any one

Ask any muslim what is his real name he ll tell you

and i got a news for you for the people who are really scared of islam by watching all lies over the tv controlled by free masons

Jesus ibrahim moses all the prophets you know they were muslim and they work hard to convert every one to be a muslim
if you non muslim can exists for that long you ll carry on till the day of judgement come
so you dont have to worried about islam matter of fact you should worry about about christinity cause its falling down cause you do not worship God
you worship some one called Jeses and John
wake up and read dont watch tele too much read books read your own bible
Kabeer Ali

Bacup, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

I love to give answer to Christines mupids
Bible Allows Polygamy.(From Old Testament)
In Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits to how many he can marry and age.
In 2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David had six wives and numerous concubines(Slave girls or so called girl friends in modern age).
In 1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.
In 2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines.
In Deuteronomy 21:15 "If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons...."
There are a lot more verses from the Old Testament that allow polygamy, but I think that the above are sufficient enough to prove my point.
(From New Testament)
Before I present the verses from the New Testament that allow polygamy, I first would like to prove to you that Jesus did honor the laws of the Old Testament, and did order his followers (the Christians as we call them) to follow the laws of the Old Testament:
Jesus said: "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished.(Matthew 5:17-18)"
Christians always say as an excuse "Oh this law doesn't exist in the New Testament, it is only the Old Testament." Well, according to Matthew 5:17-18 above, we clearly see that Jesus honored the Old Testament, and forces Christians to follow the unmodified laws of it that have not been replaced by newer ones in the New Testament. The Old Testament as we clearly see above does indeed allow polygamy without a shadow of a doubt !!.
There is not a single verse from the New Testament that prohibits polygamy. Christians usually mistakenly present the following verses from the Bible to prove that polygamy in the New Testament is not allowed:
Matthew 19:1-12 "
1. When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to
the other side of the Jordan.
2. Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.
3. Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?"
4. "Haven't you read," he (Jesus) replied, "that at the beginning the Creator `made them male and female,'
5. and said,`For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?
6. So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."
7. "Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?"
8. Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.
9. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."
10. The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry."
11. Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given.
In the above verses, we see that Jesus was approached with a question about whether or not it is allowed for a man to divorce his wife in Matthew 19:3. Jesus immediately referred to the Old Testament for the answer in Matthew 19:4. He referred to Adam and Eve, one man and one woman.
The Old Testament does talk about the story of Adam and Eve as one husband and one wife. However, the Old Testament which Jesus had referred to in Matthew 19:3 does allow polygamy.
The Qur’an is the ONLY religious book, on the face of this earth, that contains the phrase ‘MARRY ONLY ONE’. according to bible you can marry as many as you can and can have girl friends as many as you like
Kabeer Ali

Bacup, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
When Islam acquired other countries how long would it take for those inhabitants to be able to understand Muhammuds language and to read and right it before they could understand the Quranic teachings that would rule their lives ?
Nevil you sounds like you got a brain and you use it and you atleast study and not regit like other christines

Do you know we Muslim rule SPAIN for 800 years if we wanted or allowed to force other to revert to muslim do you think ll there be any Christine left NO
and if we force them to speak Arabic dont u think by now all spanish will spanish still No

We are bound by the commands of Allah swt and we have to follow it we are not like jews or Christine who love to change their religious what they like they leave it what they dont like they remove it
For example Interest
Its forbidden for all of us chirtines jews muslim but why only we muslim follows it and not the others
Jews do not take or give interest when they give to other Jews but other they have allowed for them selves

“Turn left at pub Number 42”

Since: Dec 08

Homehill,QLD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Kabeer Ali wrote:
The Qur’an is the ONLY religious book, on the face of this earth, that contains the phrase ‘MARRY ONLY ONE’. according to bible you can marry as many as you can and can have girl friends as many as you like
Really?

Post Sura 33:50

“Free Speeech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Kabeer Ali wrote:
I love to give answer to Christines mupids
Bible Allows Polygamy.(From Old Testament)In Exodus 21:10, a man can marry an infinite amount of women without any limits tohowmany he can marry and age.In 2 Samuel 5:13; 1 Chronicles 3:1-9, 14:3, King David had six wives and numerous concubines(Slave girls or so called girl friends in modern age).In 1 Kings 11:3, King Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.In 2 Chronicles 11:21, King Solomon's son Rehoboam had 18 wives and 60 concubines.In Deuteronomy 21:15 "If a man has two wives, and he loves one but not the other, and both bear him sons...."There are a lot more verses from the Old Testament that allow polygamy, but I think that the above are sufficient enough to prove my point.(From New Testament)Before I present the verses from the New Testament that allow polygamy, I first would like to prove to you that Jesus did honor the laws of the Old Testament, and did order his followers (the Christians as we call them) to follow the laws of the Old Testament:Jesus said: "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished.(Matthew 5:17-18)"Christians always say as an excuse "Oh this law doesn't exist in the New Testament, it is only the Old Testament." Well, according to Matthew 5:17-18 above, we clearly see that Jesus honored the Old Testament, and forces Christians to follow the unmodified laws of it that have not been replaced by newer ones in the New Testament. The Old Testament as we clearly see above does indeed allow polygamy without a shadow of a doubt !!.There is not a single verse from the New Testament that prohibits polygamy. Christians usually mistakenly present the following verses from the Bible to prove that polygamy in the New Testament is not allowed:Matthew 19:1-12 "1. When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to
the other side of the Jordan.2. Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.3. Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, "Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?"4. "Haven't you read," he (Jesus) replied, "that at the beginning the Creator `made them male and female,'5. and said,`For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?
6. So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."7. "Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?"8. Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning.9. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."10. The disciples said to him, "If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry."11. Jesus replied, "Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given.In the above verses, we see that Jesus was approached with a question about whether or not it is allowed for a man to divorce his wife in Matthew 19:3. Jesus immediately referred to the Old Testament for the answer in Matthew 19:4. He referred to Adam and Eve, one man and one woman.
The Old Testament does talk about the story of Adam and Eve as one husband and one wife. However, the Old Testament which Jesus had referred to in Matthew 19:3 does allow polygamy.The Qur’an is the ONLY religious book, on the face of this earth, that contains the phrase ‘MARRY ONLY ONE’. according to bible you can marry as many as
Where did Islam learn that it was the right thing to do ?
St Paul judges

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

MUQ Quran version wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ - topaki museum - ust a fragment from 100 years later - and a tooth & muhammads sandals, the shoes of a small weak man murdered for his treachery by his wife & father in law.
-
There are lots of versions of the Quran.
Let's start with the origin. After the 70 ad revolt, the jews dispersed including into the red sea
area. In 130ad the Yemenite kingdom of T'ubah
converted to a variant of Judaism, ishmaelism. Their book of T'ubah (kingdom) ruled as the
script from Yemen to Petra.
Mecca / founded in 150 as a trading post was
pagan qareesh, and in 180 ad the cult of Allah / Hubal was created as a idol/god to capture
passing trade, one of 360 idols & gods on offer. The jewish ishmaelites & pagan quareesh were
at war.
- skip now to 615 AD. Muhammad, a camel operator,(inherited via his dead aunt/wife
Khadijah) supplied camels to the jews who ran the caravan trade. Muhummad was sent to
Mecca to spy on & convert the quareesh, and he
preached the book of T'ubah. He went heretic, was caught prostrating to Hubal & doing the
Sabean fertility rituals (Haj), & was outcast by the
Jews in 624ad.
Abu Bakr & Muhammad then colluded to create
an apostasy of the book of T'ubah by overlaying Allah to replace YHWH and muhammad to
replace the Hubal as Allah's messenger. Abu Bakr & muhammad conspired with the medina
pagan tribes to attack the Jews / ishmaelites &
steal their trade (medina trials).
Abu Bakr sold his 6 year old daughter Aisha to Muhammad in a pact that he & her heir would
inherit Islam. Aisha failed to produce a surviving heir and was caught having sex with others.
Muhammad cast her out to her father and tried to adopt a slave son heir, then coached Ali -
Khadijah's daughters son, not of muhummad
(Aisha). Muhammad dictated a recession to Ali
that: Islam was fake, the Bakri were of the devil
and the need to revert to ishmaelism and
Judaism. That he was not a prophet or even a
messenger and wanted to die as a Jew.
-
Abu Bakr enraged at this treachery made 3
assassination attempts on Muhammad.. Aisha
was sent on a pretext of reconciliation, Ali was
lured away, and Aisha poisoned Muhammad
via datura, he died stricken and raving, and the
Bakri destroyed the recession scripts.
Uthman - an elder, was asked to compile the
quran - there were 18 different versions. He
burnt them all and wrote his own. Aisha refused
to hand over the recession scripts stolen from muhammads house, saying they had 'been eaten
by a goat, Allah willed this'. Uthman refused Aisha & Abu Bakr inheritance of Islam.
Abu Bakr & Aisha sent assassins and killed
Uthman -' this old Jew lover must die like the
other one'(ie: muhammad). Ali & Aisha had a camel fight, Ali won, so Abu Bakr sent assassins
to kill Ali via a poisoned sword.
Abu Bakr became caliphate and institutionalized
Mecca object rituals in the Quran - the cult god & place he owned. Aisha his adultress & murdereress daughter wrote the niqab & hijab
dress code for female modesty and demeanor.....
-
So which Quran version is correct ?
• The book of T'ubah - Jewish ishmaelism ?
• muhammads Quran - rescinds his false claims?
• Uthmans Quran-burnt the other 18, too jewish?
• Aisha's Quran - pagan devil worship ?
• Ali's Quran - mystic, bloodline Sufi ?
• Abu Bakr's Quran - moon god, human idol and
place cult all of things he owned?
24 versions of the Quran on muhammads death..
Ali's Quran (Shia) was the most ethically correct.
Jesus judges qurans

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

MUQ Quran version wrote:
<quoted text>
MUQ - topaki museum - ust a fragment from 100 years later - and a tooth & muhammads sandals, the shoes of a small weak man murdered for his treachery by his wife & father in law.
-
There are lots of versions of the Quran.
Let's start with the origin. After the 70 ad revolt, the jews dispersed including into the red sea
area. In 130ad the Yemenite kingdom of T'ubah
converted to a variant of Judaism, ishmaelism. Their book of T'ubah (kingdom) ruled as the
script from Yemen to Petra.
Mecca / founded in 150 as a trading post was
pagan qareesh, and in 180 ad the cult of Allah / Hubal was created as a idol/god to capture
passing trade, one of 360 idols & gods on offer. The jewish ishmaelites & pagan quareesh were at war.- skip now to 615 AD. Muhammad, a camel operator,(inherited via his dead aunt/wife
Khadijah) supplied camels to the jews who ran
the caravan trade. Muhummad was sent to
Mecca to spy on & convert the quareesh, and he preached the book of T'ubah. He went heretic, was caught prostrating to Hubal & doing the
Sabean fertility rituals (Haj), & was outcast by the Jews in 624ad. Abu Bakr & Muhammad then colluded to create an apostasy of the book of T'ubah by overlaying Allah to replace YHWH and muhammad to replace the Hubal as Allah's messenger. Abu Bakr & muhammad conspired with the medina pagan tribes to attack the Jews / ishmaelites & steal their trade (medina trials).
Abu Bakr sold his 6 year old daughter Aisha to Muhammad in a pact that he & her heir would
inherit Islam. Aisha failed to produce a surviving heir and was caught having sex with others.
Muhammad cast her out to her father and tried to adopt a slave son heir, then coached Ali -
Khadijah's daughters son, not of muhummad
(Aisha). Muhammad dictated a recession to Ali
that: Islam was fake, the Bakri were of the devil
and the need to revert to ishmaelism and
Judaism. That he was not a prophet or even a
messenger and wanted to die as a Jew.
-
Abu Bakr enraged at this treachery made 3
assassination attempts on Muhammad.. Aisha
was sent on a pretext of reconciliation, Ali was lured away, and Aisha poisoned Muhammad
via datura, he died stricken and raving, and the Bakri destroyed the recession scripts.
Uthman - an elder, was asked to compile the
quran - there were 18 different versions. He
burnt them all and wrote his own. Aisha refused to hand over the recession scripts stolen from muhammads house, saying they had 'been eaten
by a goat, Allah willed this'. Uthman refused Aisha & Abu Bakr inheritance of Islam.
Abu Bakr & Aisha sent assassins and killed
Uthman -' this old Jew lover must die like the
other one'(ie: muhammad). Ali & Aisha had a camel fight, Ali won, so Abu Bakr sent assassins
to kill Ali via a poisoned sword.
Abu Bakr became caliphate and institutionalized
Mecca object rituals in the Quran - the cult god
& place he owned. Aisha his adultress & murdereress daughter wrote the niqab & hijab
dress code for female modesty and demeanor.....
-
So which Quran version is correct ?
• The book of T'ubah - Jewish ishmaelism ?
• muhammads Quran - rescinds his false claims?
• Uthmans Quran-burnt the other 18, too jewish?
• Aisha's Quran - pagan devil worship ?
• Ali's Quran - mystic, bloodline Sufi ?
• Abu Bakr's Quran - moon god, human idol and
place cult all of things he owned?
24 versions of the Quran on muhammads death..
The ishmaelites were not of us, but closest, all the others worshipped false gods. Heaven is the kingdom for those who repent. God has spoken.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Bogan DUH wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Fatty nurse shitlaa, LLOL, spell university for me will ya....LLOL,LLOL
Why waste my time? You haven't got the intelligence to know if is right or wrong. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

SHEILA wrote:
<quoted text> U N I V E R S I T Y...thanks couldn't have done it without your help.!!
Problem is I'm registered for all to see and you're not. That is how stupid you are. LOL
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why isn't the oldest Quran in Mecca ?
Why should it be in Makkah? The revelation started at Makkah but it was completed at Madina.

That was the seat of Government during time of Prophet and his successors.

It was in Madina that Quran was committed to writing and it was from Madina where Caliph Othman made six copies of Quran and distributed one copy to each major province.

One copy from that Quran still survives and is kept in Topkopy Museum Turkey.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

AussieBobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there done that.
I used photoshop to copy random words from the Kufic script, 20 in all to a image jpeg that I stored on imigeshack that I could link into a Paltalk room of Muslims.
Guess how many could read one single word?
9/10 times I was kicked out when I said I wanted to test if the Quran has been altered ..can you read this?
BTW do you speak dialect of the Quraish? "the Quran was revealed in their tongue"
Trying to trick simple Muslims? Just try it with Old Greek with Christians? How many will be able to read a single word?

Quran was not written in Kufic script, these "ornamental styles" came later, the original script called Othmanic script was is copied in all Quran which are read by common Muslims.

Want to punch holes in the best guarded book on the face of this earth.

Why not pick up memorizers from Arabia, Africa, Asia , America and Europe and ask them to recite whole Quran from memory. Do you find nay difference?

And this practice is right from 1400 years back!!

CAn you do it with ANY other book in the world?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

-

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

Who Lost the World?

The Curious Case of How Libya Became an Election Issue

By Ira Chernus

Contd.

The Fiercest Political Battle of All

The only question worth debating, then, is how we can use our preponderant power and wealth most shrewdly to maintain effective control. Most Americans expect their president to know the answer. At the same time, most Americans worry that he might not. A more recent pillar of the bipartisan narrative, the myth of homeland insecurity, suggests the opposite.

According to that myth, no matter how much military strength we have or control we exert, there is always “a rising tide of tumult” somewhere that threatens our national security. At every moment, somewhere in the world, we have something crucial to lose. The name of the threat can change with surprising ease. But the peril must always be there. It’s essential to the story.

And that story, in turn, is now essential to every presidential contest. As New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd once wrote,“Every election has the same narrative: Can the strong father protect the house from invaders?”(Think of Ronald Reagan and the Iran captivity tale or George W. Bush and 9/11.) If one candidate is the incumbent, the question becomes: Has he been a strong enough father to control the world and thereby protect the house?

Every challenger plays on that anxiety, picking the most obvious or convenient example of the day as a hook on which to hang the perennial charges of weakness and peril. Since the “Who lost China?” days, Republicans have played this card especially skillfully.

This year it seemed that a Democrat who “surged” in Afghanistan, killed bin Laden, and personally ran a drone assassination campaign from the White House had, for once, successfully protected his right flank against the predictable GOP attack. Then fate sent the Libyan killings to the Romney campaign, the newsrooms, and a big portion of the American public. Give Romney’s people credit: they sensed the opportunity from day one.

Mitt had to demand “Who lost Libya?” and then transform it into “Who lost the Middle East?”-- not merely to boost his chances but because a big slice of the public yearns for such a “debate.” After all, every time the question of “Who lost [fill in the blank]?” arises, it reaffirms both the reassuring promise that we deserve to control the world and the disturbing anxiety that we might lose what is rightly ours.

What was, for all its tragic dimensions, a minor event in Libya became a central campaign issue because it proved to be this season’s code word for the whole mythological package. For many Americans, the deepest reassurance may come simply from sensing that our traditional mythology -- the familiar lens through which we view our nation and its role in the world -- is still intact.

On the horizon, though, we can dimly see a new question rising: How much longer can this mythology survive? It suffered a major wound in the Vietnam War era, when the fantasy of global control was rudely punctured by reality. That wound has been ripped open again by fruitless wars and conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.

Now, there are so many unsettling changes around the world that we can’t predict, much less control, them. Soon enough -- perhaps by 2020, or even 2016 -- the political battle cry may be:“Who lost the world?”

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Contd.

It’s even possible to imagine that someday Americans will engage in the debate we really need -- about choosing a new paradigm for foreign policy that fits today’s world, where the fantasy of global control has become irrelevant because the facts so obviously contradict it, as American power declines while other nations steadily gain strength.

Don’t expect the old mythology to disappear quietly, though. Old myth versus new myth is the fiercest political battle of all.

Ira Chernus is Professor of Religious Studies at the University of Colorado at Boulder, a TomDispatch regular, and author of “Mythic America: Essays.” He blogs at MythicAmerica.us.
Follow TomDispatch on Twitter @TomDispatch and join us on Facebook.

This article was originally posted at Tomdispatch
Copyright 2012 Ira Chernus

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Kabeer Ali wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevil you sounds like you got a brain and you use it and you atleast study and not regit like other christines
Do you know we Muslim rule SPAIN for 800 years if we wanted or allowed to force other to revert to muslim do you think ll there be any Christine left NO
and if we force them to speak Arabic dont u think by now all spanish will spanish still No
We are bound by the commands of Allah swt and we have to follow it we are not like jews or Christine who love to change their religious what they like they leave it what they dont like they remove it
For example Interest
Its forbidden for all of us chirtines jews muslim but why only we muslim follows it and not the others
Jews do not take or give interest when they give to other Jews but other they have allowed for them selves
Why do all Muslims have to live a set of rules in the name of their religion much like Christianity and every other religious orders that we have commandments to follow to be accepted by them to be used by them to do their bidding and who do you think they think they are doing it for ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should it be in Makkah? The revelation started at Makkah but it was completed at Madina.
That was the seat of Government during time of Prophet and his successors.
It was in Madina that Quran was committed to writing and it was from Madina where Caliph Othman made six copies of Quran and distributed one copy to each major province.
One copy from that Quran still survives and is kept in Topkopy Museum Turkey.
Where are the rest of the copies ?
How did Islam gain control of those provinces that the Qurans were being sent to ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are the rest of the copies ?
How did Islam gain control of those provinces that the Qurans were being sent to ?
The third calip burnt them so what does that imply? There were many variants in the copies that were at that time available. To this day Muslims claim that the koran is the original and only word of allah. What a load of crock!!!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

*caliph

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

MUQ wrote:
-
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...
Who Lost the World?
The Curious Case of How Libya Became an Election Issue
By Ira Chernus
Contd.
The Fiercest Political Battle of All
The only question worth debating, then, is how we can use our preponderant power and wealth most shrewdly to maintain effective control. Most Americans expect their president to know the answer. At the same time, most Americans worry that he might not. A more recent pillar of the bipartisan narrative, the myth of homeland insecurity, suggests the opposite.
According to that myth, no matter how much military strength we have or control we exert, there is always “a rising tide of tumult” somewhere that threatens our national security. At every moment, somewhere in the world, we have something crucial to lose. The name of the threat can change with surprising ease. But the peril must always be there. It’s essential to the story.
And that story, in turn, is now essential to every presidential contest. As New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd once wrote,“Every election has the same narrative: Can the strong father protect the house from invaders?”(Think of Ronald Reagan and the Iran captivity tale or George W. Bush and 9/11.) If one candidate is the incumbent, the question becomes: Has he been a strong enough father to control the world and thereby protect the house?
Every challenger plays on that anxiety, picking the most obvious or convenient example of the day as a hook on which to hang the perennial charges of weakness and peril. Since the “Who lost China?” days, Republicans have played this card especially skillfully.
This year it seemed that a Democrat who “surged” in Afghanistan, killed bin Laden, and personally ran a drone assassination campaign from the White House had, for once, successfully protected his right flank against the predictable GOP attack. Then fate sent the Libyan killings to the Romney campaign, the newsrooms, and a big portion of the American public. Give Romney’s people credit: they sensed the opportunity from day one.
Mitt had to demand “Who lost Libya?” and then transform it into “Who lost the Middle East?”-- not merely to boost his chances but because a big slice of the public yearns for such a “debate.” After all, every time the question of “Who lost [fill in the blank]?” arises, it reaffirms both the reassuring promise that we deserve to control the world and the disturbing anxiety that we might lose what is rightly ours.
What was, for all its tragic dimensions, a minor event in Libya became a central campaign issue because it proved to be this season’s code word for the whole mythological package. For many Americans, the deepest reassurance may come simply from sensing that our traditional mythology -- the familiar lens through which we view our nation and its role in the world -- is still intact.
On the horizon, though, we can dimly see a new question rising: How much longer can this mythology survive? It suffered a major wound in the Vietnam War era, when the fantasy of global control was rudely punctured by reality. That wound has been ripped open again by fruitless wars and conflicts in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.
Now, there are so many unsettling changes around the world that we can’t predict, much less control, them. Soon enough -- perhaps by 2020, or even 2016 -- the political battle cry may be:“Who lost the world?”
When each country is armed with nukes ,wars will come to an end.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
The third calip burnt them so what does that imply? There were many variants in the copies that were at that time available. To this day Muslims claim that the koran is the original and only word of allah. What a load of crock!!!!!!!!!!
If what you say is untrue then each of those then provinces would have the original only copies of the Quran

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••