Why should Australians fear from Muslims?

Full story: Scoop

About 800 people gathered in Camden, NSW and raised their voice against the plan for an Islamic School to be built in the area.
Comments
34,241 - 34,260 of 44,338 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
zadnji vezni

Europe

#37175 Feb 20, 2013
www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/zadnji+vezni

Come to eRepublik. You can settle your diferrences by use of tanks :)

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#37176 Feb 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Why I became Muslim?
Lance Wood, Chicago, USA:
Back ground:
I belong to the African American community and I was living in the Northern Chicago. It was in year 1981 and I and some of my friend had become members of a Black Group named “Black Zone”.
This organization was not a Muslim group but somewhat half way between Islam and Christianity. They used to meet of Fridays and face East during congregation.
Black people from different backgrounds were members of this group. There was not a fixed ideology. The only criterion was they should be blacks.
There were some Muslim brothers in our group, some belonging to “Nation of Islam” and others of different groups.
In our gathering I met a Muslim brother and while talking with him I showed some interest in teachings of Islam and he invited me to come and visit Muslim Mosque in North Chicago
My First encounter with Muslims:
When I entered the mosque for the first time, I felt that I have come into another world. There was a small group and the teacher was showing them how to recite Quran properly. He would recite a word and all would repeat after him.
This was an entirely new experience to me and I felt that I have come to home. There was no singing, no shouting and no mixed gathering.
I liked it and then joined in the prayers without knowing what I was doing. I also participated in Friday prayers and heard sermons.
I got some books on islam and then asked my Muslim friends about any doubts that I would get. The answers were simple and logic and without any strange logic.
Practice before take plunge:
My studies of Islam told me that Islam is more doing than saying. There are teachings for every part of our lives and one must follow the basic guidelines.
I wanted to get some practice so that I should not face problems when I became Muslim, so I started by practicing some of that.
I gave up Alcohol and smoking and dance parties etc. I tried offering regular prayers. And it was in 1983 that I decide to test “Muslim Fast”. It was the month of June and at the peak of summer that I did my first fast. No water from dawn to dusk.
When the time of breaking fast came, my father gave me a glass of water and when I drank it, it was the tastiest water that I ever Drank!! It passed from my lips to my inside as if a wave of sea is inside me.
It was in 1984 that I decided to embrace Islam and declared my SHAHADA. After becoming Muslim, I took up serious study of Islam.
Reactions of my parents:
My parents had a soft corner for Islam already and they supported and respected my choice. So I did not had to face much problem from my family.
Many of my friends were already members of Nation of Islam, but I was interested in Orthodox Islam which is free from any racial bias and welcomes Whites as well as Blacks.
My study of Islam showed me how reasonable and logical are teachings of Islam and how it respects all past religions and all past prophets.
Honor and respect given to Jesus and Moses was some thing strange for me, because most Christians and Jews thing that Islam does not give respect to these prophets.
Later Career:
I joined US navy and toured most part of the world during the duty. There were four of five Muslims on our ship and I faced no problem or discrimination during my service.
I visited many countries and met Muslims of many nationalities. I was amazed at the ease by which I could talk to any Muslim as brother and be admitted into Universal Brotherhood of Islam.
(Contd.)
-
When I became a Christian.
-

Location hidden

#37177 Feb 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Why I became Muslim?
Back ground:
I belong to the African American community and I was living in the Northern Chicago. It was in year 1981 and I and some of my friend had become members of a Black Group named “Black Zone”.
This organization was not a Muslim group but somewhat half way between Islam and Christianity. They used to meet of Fridays and face East during congregation.
Black people from different backgrounds were members of this group. There was not a fixed ideology. The only criterion was they should be blacks.
There were some Muslim brothers in our group, some belonging to “Nation of Islam” and others of different groups.
In our gathering I met a Muslim brother and while talking with him I showed some interest in teachings of Islam and he invited me to come and visit Muslim Mosque in North Chicago
When I entered the mosque for the first time, I felt that I have come into another world. There was a small group and the teacher was showing them how to recite Quran properly. He would recite a word and all would repeat after him.
This was an entirely new experience to me and I felt that I have come to home. There was no singing, no shouting and no mixed gathering.
I liked it and then joined in the prayers without knowing what I was doing. I also participated in Friday prayers and heard sermons.
I got some books on islam and then asked my Muslim friends about any doubts that I would get. The answers were simple and logic and without any strange logic.
My studies of Islam told me that Islam is more doing than saying. There are teachings for every part of our lives and one must follow the basic guidelines.
I wanted to get some practice so that I should not face problems when I became Muslim, so I started by practicing some of that.
I gave up Alcohol and smoking and dance parties etc. I tried offering regular prayers. And it was in 1983 that I decide to test “Muslim Fast”. It was the month of June and at the peak of summer that I did my first fast. No water from dawn to dusk.
When the time of breaking fast came, my father gave me a glass of water and when I drank it, it was the tastiest water that I ever Drank!! It passed from my lips to my inside as if a wave of sea is inside me.
It was in 1984 that I decided to embrace Islam and declared my SHAHADA. After becoming Muslim, I took up serious study of Islam.
Reactions of my parents:
My parents had a soft corner for Islam already and they supported and respected my choice. So I did not had to face much problem from my family.
Many of my friends were already members of Nation of Islam, but I was interested in Orthodox Islam which is free from any racial bias and welcomes Whites as well as Blacks.
My study of Islam showed me how reasonable and logical are teachings of Islam and how it respects all past religions and all past prophets.
Honor and respect given to Jesus and Moses was some thing strange for me, because most Christians and Jews thing that Islam does not give respect to these prophets.
Later Career:
I joined US navy and toured most part of the world during the duty. There were four of five Muslims on our ship and I faced no problem or discrimination during my service.
I visited many countries and met Muslims of many nationalities. I was amazed at the ease by which I could talk to any Muslim as brother and be admitted into Universal Brotherhood of Islam.
(Contd.)
-
MUQ from one of your own country men >>>
http://www.answering-islam.org/Testimonies/su...

Location hidden

#37178 Feb 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Why I became Muslim?
Back ground:
Reactions of my parents:
Later Career:
(Contd.)
-
MUQ more country men of yours who saw how Islam killed his ancestors.
-
http://www.answering-islam.org/Testimonies/Tr...
The STINKYARSIEs Muzza

Australia

#37179 Feb 20, 2013
The Fixers wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know this JB?
Where do you go to read his posts online?
What other names does this JB have?
What other names do you have?
Why do you come here?
How much do they pay you?
Easy CM, all you muslims that run away from your divine homeland are cowards, you will not get your 72 virgins vomiting up you muslim filth on this site.
Musoid

Australia

#37180 Feb 20, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Why I became Muslim?
Back ground:
Reactions of my parents:
Later Career:
(Contd.)
Why I became Muslim?

There was something from my life as a Christian

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/logos/logos...

Then we converted and found out what it was

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/0...

Misery !!
Musoid

Australia

#37181 Feb 20, 2013
Why I became a muslim

We all got sick of riding our bikes in the park

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve...

and then we converted, and have a lot more important things to do

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GjBCMT23xmA/Siof6tp...

Like organizing burials

http://www.peacewithrealism.org/images/turkey...

But we are happy now.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#37182 Feb 20, 2013
http://prophetofdoom.net/Prophet_of_Doom_04_D...

As you might expect, Allah didn't see it that way. Muhammad’s alter ego had but one spokesperson. If he faltered, Allah crumbled with him. Qur'an 37:37 "Nay, he has come with the truth, and he confirms the Message of the messengers before him. You shall indeed taste the grievous penalty of painful doom." Tease Muhammad and Allah will burn you. It’s the Qur'an's never-ending taunt.

Qur'an 37:40 "Save the chosen slaves of Allah; For them there is a known provision: Fruits, Delights; they will be honored in the Gardens of Pleasure, on thrones facing one another. Round them will be passed a cup of pure white wine, delicious to the drinkers, free from ghoul (hurt) or intoxication, nor shall you be made mad or exhausted thereby." We've got the thrones and Allah’s special brew, now all we need are the virgins. "And with them will be Qasirat-at-Tarf (virgin females), restraining their glances (desiring none but you), with big, beautiful eyes. As if they were (sheltered) eggs, preserved."

If the martyrs get virgins, what do their victims get? Qur'an 37:54 "He said:'Would you like to look down.' He looked down and saw him in the midst of the Fire, in the depths of Hell. He said:'You nearly caused me to perish! Had it not been for my Lord, I would have been among those brought there [the suicide bomber said to the innocent children he had blown to pieces]!'" Allah wanted the mass murderers to know: Qur'an 37:59 "Except for your former death, you shall not be punished. This is the supreme triumph! For the likes of this let us strive. That is the better entertainment."

To be continued
The FAGgrolite Busters

Portland, OR

#37183 Feb 20, 2013
The STINKYARSIEs Muzza wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy CM, all you muslims that run away from your divine homeland are cowards, you will not get your 72 virgins vomiting up you muslim filth on this site.
How do you know this JB?

Why do you come here?

MalbarCACA Controllers

UK

#37184 Feb 20, 2013
deceitful, dishonest HINDUSTINKS SheilaaCACA FOOKWIT Since: Jun 12 14,293 from a RATchitt Location hidden
#37182 66 min ago

wrote:

To be continued

LOG OUT.

Click to unlock any hidden RATchitt CACALatrine locations.

LOG-IN, and always post without your HINDUSTANI location 'hidden' or masking it.

Location hidden

#37185 Feb 21, 2013
MalbarCACA Controllers wrote:
Islam a 'dangerous and totalitarian ideology': Wilders

Date
February 19, 2013

Carolyn Webb

GO GEERT!!!!!!!!!!

Islam a 'dangerous and totalitarian ideology'

Far-right Dutch politician Geert Wilders describes the Prophet Muhammad as a murderer.

FAR-right Dutch politician Geert Wilders has called the Prophet Muhammad a murderer and used Anzac soldiers as an example of the courage needed to speak out against Islam at a speech to Melbourne supporters.

Tight security surrounded Mr Wilders' hour-long speech to members of the ultra-conservative local group the Q Society of Australia at La Mirage reception centre in Somerton in Melbourne's north on Tuesday night.

Fifty police, some on horseback, separated about 100 vocal but peaceful protesters standing on the Hume Highway verge outside the venue.

Protest organiser Feiyi Zhang said: "we're here to show we will not stand for Wilders' racism and Islamophobia". She said his speech could incite violence against Muslims "and general fear of Islam".
Advertisement

Protester Nadia Shamsuddin, a doctor and a Muslim, said she was "repulsed" by Wilders' visit and views. "His promotion of oppression and racism is appalling in the civilised world".

Her husband Raj Rao said: "Wilders accuses Islam of promoting hatred and violence but I think that's what he's doing."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/islam-a-danger...
MalbarCACA Controllers

UK

#37186 Feb 21, 2013
deceitful, dishonest HINDUSTINKS SheilaaCACA FOOKWIT Since: Jun 12 14,293 now 14,566 from a RATchitt Location hidden
#37185 60 min ago

wrote:

GO GEERT!!!!!!!!!! like baboon on heat

MalbarCACA Controllers had written:

LOG OUT.

Click to unlock any hidden RATchitt CACALatrine locations.

LOG-IN, and always post without your HINDUSTANI location 'hidden' or masking it.

MalbarCACA Poofters, Benders, sIndians, Levis, Adelaideans, McPoos...
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/australia/T7...

Location hidden

#37187 Feb 21, 2013
MalbarCACA Controllers wrote:
Malmö mayor concerned about Islam-critical show. BIG DEAL!!!!!!!!!!

Published: 20 Feb 13 17:20 CET |

The mayor of Malmö has slammed an upcoming exhibition of work by controversial Swedish artist Lars Vilks, saying he hoped no one would visit the gallery to see artwork he said was "associated with xenophobes".

"Of course he has the right to display what he calls art anywhere he wants," Mayor Ilmar Reepalu told the TT news agency.

"But as far as I can gather, this is pretty bad art and I think they want to use the gallery for political ends," he added.

"Vilks is increasingly associated in people's minds with xenophobic groups at the far right of the political spectrum. I hope not a single person visits the gallery."

News of the show, set to open in July, prompted representatives from different religions in the multicultural southern city to call an emergency meeting,

Some observers appeared frightened that the show would provoke a violent reaction.

"I urge everyone to avoid violence in their demonstrations, because then the cause will be lost,” said Björn Lagerbäck of the municipal anti-discrimination project Dialogforum.

Vilks has faced numerous death threats since his drawing of the Muslim prophet with the body of a dog was first published by Swedish regional daily Nerikes Allehanda in 2007. It was published to illustrate an editorial on free speech.

The new paintings of Mohammed would show the prophet - still with a dog's body - transplanted into famous works by artists including Claude Monet, Peter Paul Rubens and Anders Zorn, Vilks told the AFP news agency.

It was "hard to tell" whether the July exhibition would prompt more protests and threats, he added.

"At some point this has to be over and done with," said Vilks, who has already met with the police to discuss safety at the show.

In 2009, Colleen LaRose, an American woman calling herself "Jihad Jane", was arrested in the US with seven others for plotting to kill Vilks. She has pleaded guilty to terror charges and faces life behind bars.

Three men accused of plotting to murder him at an art fair in Gothenburg were acquitted by a Swedish court in January, but were fined for weapons possession.

Vilks told TT that he was pleased that his art has been given the green light by curator Henrik Rönnquist.

"It’s a breakthrough that he dares to put these paintings on show now. I am not trying to kick up a stink, I’d sooner get rid of all the drama. People should be able to criticize Islam," Vilks said.

The show's curator said that he is prepared to tackle the safety concerns, in order to stand up for free speech, democracy, and religious freedom.
The Fixers

Anonymous Proxy

#37188 Feb 21, 2013
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
The mayor of Malmö has slammed an upcoming exhibition of work by controversial Swedish artist Lars Vilks, saying he hoped no one would visit the gallery to see artwork he said was "associated with xenophobes".
"Of course he has the right to display what he calls art anywhere he wants," Mayor Ilmar Reepalu told the TT news agency.
"But as far as I can gather, this is pretty bad art and I think they want to use the gallery for political ends," he added.
"Vilks is increasingly associated in people's minds with xenophobic groups at the far right of the political spectrum. I hope not a single person visits the gallery."
News of the show, set to open in July, prompted representatives from different religions in the multicultural southern city to call an emergency meeting,
Some observers appeared frightened that the show would provoke a violent reaction.
"I urge everyone to avoid violence in their demonstrations, because then the cause will be lost,” said Björn Lagerbäck of the municipal anti-discrimination project Dialogforum.
Vilks has faced numerous death threats since his drawing of the Muslim prophet with the body of a dog was first published by Swedish regional daily Nerikes Allehanda in 2007. It was published to illustrate an editorial on free speech.
The new paintings of Mohammed would show the prophet - still with a dog's body - transplanted into famous works by artists including Claude Monet, Peter Paul Rubens and Anders Zorn, Vilks told the AFP news agency.
It was "hard to tell" whether the July exhibition would prompt more protests and threats, he added.
"At some point this has to be over and done with," said Vilks, who has already met with the police to discuss safety at the show.
In 2009, Colleen LaRose, an American woman calling herself "Jihad Jane", was arrested in the US with seven others for plotting to kill Vilks. She has pleaded guilty to terror charges and faces life behind bars.
Three men accused of plotting to murder him at an art fair in Gothenburg were acquitted by a Swedish court in January, but were fined for weapons possession.
Vilks told TT that he was pleased that his art has been given the green light by curator Henrik Rönnquist.
"It’s a breakthrough that he dares to put these paintings on show now. I am not trying to kick up a stink, I’d sooner get rid of all the drama. People should be able to criticize Islam," Vilks said.
The show's curator said that he is prepared to tackle the safety concerns, in order to stand up for free speech, democracy, and religious freedom.
How do you know this JB?

Why do you come here?

MalbarCACA Controllers

UK

#37189 Feb 21, 2013
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>

Why do you come here?

ozzy101

Ipswich, Australia

#37191 Feb 21, 2013
if it is wrong to hate then i'm way-out-there-where-the-busses -dont-go wrong...coz i DO hate islamics !!
MalbarCACA Controllers

UK

#37193 Feb 21, 2013
ozzy101 wrote:
if it is wrong to hate then i'm way-out-there-where-the-busses -dont-go wrong...coz i DO hate islamics !!
Are you related to Adelaidean101?
Anglo-Saxon-Celt

Sydney, Australia

#37194 Feb 21, 2013
Muslins and islam must be exterminated. Thats all there is to it. Forget about arguing and debating its time for to wipe them out.
MalbarCACA Controllers

UK

#37195 Feb 21, 2013
Anglo-Saxon-Celt wrote:
Muslins and islam must be exterminated. Thats all there is to it. Forget about arguing and debating its time for to wipe them out.
Do you love Allah, deepaki?
SandCastle

Drummoyne, Australia

#37196 Feb 21, 2013
Anglo-Saxon-Celt wrote:
I'm with you. We really needed muslins eradicated from the face of the earth. Such irritating material for the skin. I vouch for silk and velvet as replacements. No more debating, let's wipe em out.

There are much better ways to deal with muslim integration in Australia. This type of attitude would only fan the flames for muslim extremists. We are currently doing nothing about our problem and some countries are in much worse condition than us. For now, the pen is mightier than the sword. War should be the last option.

Last time I checked, humans had a highly developed sense of morality and spirituality sorely lacking in our cousins the chimps. It is inbuilt, to jump wagon to killing someone because they are a "different species" pretty much renders you as non-human. I mean at least put up an act of hypocrisy or small gains.

Are you a simpleton chimp? You think a simple extermination campaign would rid you of your problem? There is another billion more and much angrier ones to overseas.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 shot down over Uk... 32 min NAZI RUSSIA 1,082
Locals get angry with pro-Russia separatists 1 hr Dimitri100 634
Albright Blasts Bush Mideast Response, Cites Ir... (Jul '06) 6 hr Swedenforever 45
'The War Is Not Over' (Sep '06) 6 hr Pizza Pie 276,430
Netanyahu says Israel will respond forcefully e... 6 hr danetoo 163
Expert Views: Is Islamic State a flash in the pan? Thu Jedi Daal 1
Mosque lawsuit's cost to county to rise: Expens... (Feb '14) Thu 1LuckyDad 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Terrorism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••