Ans.1) Debating the ins and outs of old writings contemporaneously is counterproductive and achieves nothing.
2)Thank you, glad you acknowledged that.
3)I disagree with saying 'most pay lip service'. A percentage certainly do but probably not the majority. I will certainly say though, there are those who have there own 'bastardized' version of those branches of religion, who have twisted those philosophies to meet their own self serving requirements. I would refer to those as aberrations and cults.
4)Totally disagree with you here. The Muslims who say the represent 'true Islam" present as the most extreme and intolerant. The same Muslims would invoke Shariah law and claim that is 'true islam.
5)Yes and No, but your answer is flawed in that also non western nations are supplying weapons to Islamic nations...
6)I don't entirely follow your question, please rephrase. You have skipped from first to second and third person.
7)That is not true MUQ. Video recordings have been shown in Australia of inflammatory and racist commentary behind those close doors. One Sheik due to speak was withdrawn from his scheduled speaking duties due to the outrage and controversy.
I have walked past those doors and been verbally/racially abused by young muslims with bad attitudes, I be most foolish to then attempt to walk in those doors.
8)It's disturbing that when there are such events of holding signs of "behead those who offend the prophet" , that there is widespread condemnation indeed, but can only recall TWO muslims, public or otherwise, speaking out against that sign.
Here are short replies on your latest post.
01. Ins and outs of "Old Scriptures" are very fundamental to know what are the real teachings of Islam. Unless we know them, how can we judge actions of any Muslims.
03. Here you contradict yourself, saying that some follow "bastardized version" of what they think is Islam. So you agree that these people "mutilate" Islam to their own purposes.
04. Again you contradict yourself here. Unless you know what is True islam, how can you take people at their face value?
What you need is to understand clearly what are teachings of Islam and then check whether any Muslim adheres to that.
05. Your answer is based on your subjective observation. There could be no clear answers in these situations. Western nations supplying arms to both warring factions can be seen by any one observing the conflict.
07. You cannot generalize based on a few cases. Mosques are not a restricted place. They are open to all people. I donít know what experience you had, if your intentions are not OK, may be people will get suspicious.
08. The "best way" if you do not want to see these "placards" is not to "insult" the prophet!!
Why should you think "It is your right to insult our prophet"? We Muslims do not insult Jesus, Moses or any prophet of God.
Why should you not learn some "good things" from Muslims, for a change!!