The living legacy of Gavrilo Princip

The living legacy of Gavrilo Princip

There are 27 comments on the BBC News story from Jun 26, 2014, titled The living legacy of Gavrilo Princip. In it, BBC News reports that:

Tourists, historians and diplomats have been arriving in Sarajevo to commemorate the shots fired by a young Bosnian Serb assassin on 28 June 1914 - shots that sparked World War One.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BBC News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
majin_decko

Slovenia

#21 Jul 1, 2014
PARAGA wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you agree they failed to exterminate human trash
Human trasha are Naz!s and Fascists, you have Paraga for nickname , do you know that real Paraga is a Naz!, right?
PARAGA

Sydney, Australia

#22 Jul 1, 2014
majin_decko wrote:
<quoted text>
Human trasha are Naz!s and Fascists, you have Paraga for nickname , do you know that real Paraga is a Naz!, right?
Listen, I dont know why me and you are fighting, lets be friends, me and you from now on.

I think your a cool dude and I want to be your friend.

Hope you are well and talk soon my dear friend.

“Make burek, not war”

Since: Oct 13

Costa del Coventry

#23 Jul 2, 2014
Jethro666 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the great ustatsa victory where your whole army attacked civilian men women and children and called it "oluja"? funny how you cowardly dogs say that when you chickenshit croats run away or your shiptar brothers do the same, its serb genocide, but when your president Sranjo tudjman leads an entire army into to a de-militarised civilian zone its a great victory for you usrasa?
Fkn croat cowards
Nope, I seem to remember Oluja being a huge, successful offensive that liberated parts of Croatia under 4 years of Serb occupation, and I also seem to remember your *ahem* army fleeing like wimps with tails between their legs at the very sight of a Croat actually being able to shoot back, very different from back in 1991, when Croats were using hunting rifles against a numerically superior army. I'm not even going to draw up a Vukovar- Oluja 1995 resistance comparison, because I think you know the parallels I'm going to draw upon.

Uh huh... Again, while we are on the subject of civilians being killed, lets recap on some of the events before hand. Like Vukovar being pounded into rubble, its inhabitants massacred, raped and expelled, the undefended town of Dubrovnik being besieged with the sole intention of killing and maiming civilians, cluster rockets being fired into the heart of Zagreb during rush hour, a school in Slavonski Brod being deliberately targeted by Serb shells, the thousands of Croat villages razed to the ground in Slavonija and Krajina, churches destroyed, graves defiled, museums and property looted, natural areas mined and booby trapped.

“Make burek, not war”

Since: Oct 13

Costa del Coventry

#24 Jul 2, 2014
Continued.... You know, those ''great" Serb victories you won back in the day in the name of greater Smrdija and Slobber-down-me-cock-ya-bitch. Compared to that, hopefully now you see Oluja in a clearer perspective (wishful thinking most definitely, but ho hum...)
Marko

Australia

#25 Jul 2, 2014
Jooosh04 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I seem to remember Oluja being a huge, successful offensive that liberated parts of Croatia under 4 years of Serb occupation, and I also seem to remember your *ahem* army fleeing like wimps with tails between their legs at the very sight of a Croat actually being able to shoot back, very different from back in 1991, when Croats were using hunting rifles against a numerically superior army. I'm not even going to draw up a Vukovar- Oluja 1995 resistance comparison, because I think you know the parallels I'm going to draw upon.
Uh huh... Again, while we are on the subject of civilians being killed, lets recap on some of the events before hand. Like Vukovar being pounded into rubble, its inhabitants massacred, raped and expelled, the undefended town of Dubrovnik being besieged with the sole intention of killing and maiming civilians, cluster rockets being fired into the heart of Zagreb during rush hour, a school in Slavonski Brod being deliberately targeted by Serb shells, the thousands of Croat villages razed to the ground in Slavonija and Krajina, churches destroyed, graves defiled, museums and property looted, natural areas mined and booby trapped.
Spot on
Dr Milan Sufflay

Australia

#26 Jul 5, 2014
Marko wrote:
<quoted text>
All serbs (95%) see him as a hero. Serbs could not care less about the pan slavic movement. And to be honest, real croatians couldent care less about the pan slavic movement. That's a communist yugoslav term
Pan Slavic " communist Yugoslav term " ???? The idea of a Pan Slavic state Yugoslav state Pre WW1 had nothing to do with "communism" learn your history
Marko

Australia

#27 Jul 6, 2014
Yes there was the pan slavic movement before WW1. Those people/intellectuals were all for the communist idea. Togetherness & brotherhood. F%^k you and the pan slavic movement

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bin Laden Reportedly Calls Obama 'Powerless' (Sep '09) Apr 17 Geezer files 29
News Tennessee legislators decline to pass resolutio... Apr 17 Barking Dogs 36
News 'The War Is Not Over' (Sep '06) Apr 13 Sandy 276,652
News Bin Laden Reportedly Calls Obama 'Powerless' (Sep '09) Apr 10 razz58 25
News Pulse nightclub shootera s cell phone data expl... Mar 27 Joseph DeDominicis 7
News In Sacramento and in Austin, black people just ... Mar 27 Lol 1
News Osama Bin Laden reportedly calls Obama 'powerle... (Sep '09) Mar '18 Mighty Duck 87