White House defends UN ambassador ove...

White House defends UN ambassador over response to Benghazi attack

There are 118 comments on the The Guardian story from Sep 30, 2012, titled White House defends UN ambassador over response to Benghazi attack. In it, The Guardian reports that:

The White House has defended its ambassador to the United Nations , Susan Rice, after criticism from Republicans determined to exploit the Obama administration 's shifting position on the attack in Libya that killed the US ambassador.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#1 Sep 30, 2012
They feel sorry and guilty over forcing her to take the short straw and sword and taking one for the home team.

Who made that happen ? Michelle or Valerie ?
Gravediggers

United States

#2 Sep 30, 2012
LIES, LIES and MORE LIES from the OBAMA administration.

FAILED FOREIGN POLICY = DEATHS and DENIALS -not our fault, always someone else's fault!

HANDWRITTEN AMB CHRIS STEVENS' DIARY = expressing HIS concern over SAFETY and being on AL AQAEDA HIT LIST!
(kudos to CNN for making that information available!- shades of Daniel Ellsberg)

OBAMA FOREIGN POLICY = "Let's be friends, we'll hire local Libyans to protect the US embassy, we'll trust you to protect our people and property. We hope to encourage your positive FEELINGS towards America and won't PERCEIVE that the USA is your enemy.

FAILURE, FAILURE, FAILURE!

and now not only is the Middle East on FIRE, there is movement in the Asian Seas....watch China and North Korea start playing games with Obama. Poking him, prodding him.

US FOREIGN POLICY should PROTECT AMERICANS serving their country and our assets.

NEVER PUT THOSE WHO SERVE OUR COUNTRY IN DANGER by changing the Rules of Engagement so that our soldiers and citizens are AT RISK.

SHAME ON OBAMA!
SHAME ON HILLARY!
WVB

United States

#3 Sep 30, 2012
Screw Susan Rice! She's an Obama stooge. I want CIA director David Petraeus to explain why he lied to Congess on 14 September.
Aria

United States

#4 Sep 30, 2012
Deeper. Deeper! Keep digging that hole!
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Sep 30, 2012
WVB wrote:
Screw Susan Rice! She's an Obama stooge. I want CIA director David Petraeus to explain why he lied to Congess on 14 September.
The only place I've heard that stated is here ?

What credible informed Dem , such as Fienstein , has said Patraeus lied ?

I understand LEFTY's hate of Patraeus but what's Dianne's take on it , when it comes to nat'l security I tend to trust her judgement.

I understand he could of probably said more but what lies did he tell ? LEFTY explain plz ?
WVB

United States

#6 Sep 30, 2012
Lefty? Rush Limbaugh is a hippy in my view. Petraeus briefed Congress on 14 Sep that the Libya attack was spontaneous due to that stupid movie. He lied and I want to know why. I expect Obama, Hillary, Rice and Panetta to lie, but not Petraeus. He is a hero.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#8 Sep 30, 2012
These stupid right-wing fools are desperately looking for anything to ease the pain of knowing that President Obama is on the verge of destroying Mitt Romney in just 5 weeks – so they now have to cling onto Libya as their last refuge of hope that something will come from this nothing… maybe the pollsters will over sample tea-baggers who hate this country in the next set of polls; LOL, good luck with that.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#9 Sep 30, 2012
WVB wrote:
Lefty? Rush Limbaugh is a hippy in my view. Petraeus briefed Congress on 14 Sep that the Libya attack was spontaneous due to that stupid movie. He lied and I want to know why. I expect Obama, Hillary, Rice and Panetta to lie, but not Petraeus. He is a hero.
That briefing was secret behind closed doors.

What is your source of tha claim againist Patraeus ?

Another Tim Donolin leak ?

Who else attended ? Did James R. Clapper the Dir. of nat'l Intel attend , he is Patraeus's boss ? I'm pretty sure he was the main Obamaite in that meeting.

Who directed Rice to fall on her sword for Obama ? Michelle or Valerie ?
DangerousRiteWin gCrusader

Bayside, NY

#10 Sep 30, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
They feel sorry and guilty over forcing her to take the short straw and sword and taking one for the home team.
Who made that happen ? Michelle or Valerie ?
. Libya is not under American occupation. The White House nor CIA does not control the flow of information in Libya.

. There is no lie here!

. The White House reported the information they had at the time. If we knew for sure what went wrong, the government would not need to launch an investigation

. FYI, CIA/FBI have not been able to investigate the crime scene because of security concerns....

. So, it's been accepted as an Alqaeda attack, but there's been no actual intelligence nor scientific evidence of such....

GOP crooks use every sad situation to score political points
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#11 Sep 30, 2012
On Libya, Team Obama Is Now a House Divided Against Itself

The Weekly Standard captured a couple of significant quotes from this morning’s talking head shows.

Obama political adviser David Plouffe offered support for U.S .Ambassador Susan Rice despite the fact that she riffed all five Sunday talk shows with bad misstatements about what happened in Benghazi, Libya, on 9-11-12. Rice blamed the sacking of the U.S. consulate there, and the murders of four Americans, on a “spontaneous protest.” Plouffe appeared on Meet the Press today and backed Rice:““Well, this is an event of great interest, obviously, to the public, to the news media. Information was being provided in real-time. Obviously, you’re going to know more two weeks after an event than a week after an event. And as Ambassador Rice was– that was the information from the intelligence community. It was the same information provided for Congress. The reason obviously we now have stipulated this is a terrorist attack is that came from the intelligence agencies. So as information has become available, as this investigation has continued, we’re obviously making that information known.”

We now know that the intelligence community was looking at the sacking as a pre-planned terrorist attack from the very first day.

But Obama adviser David Axelrod showed up on CNN and seemed to toss Ambassador Rice into the ample space underneath the Obama bus:“Well, first of all, Candy, as you know, the president called it an act of terror the day after it happened. But when you’re the responsible party, when you’re the administration and you have a responsibility to act on what you know and what the intelligence community believes. This is being thoroughly investigated because we need to bring to justice.”

Yes, President Obama did call it an act of terror on 9-12. Then he backtracked and, ever since, has refused to call it an act of terror. He has also consistently linked the Innocence of Muslims YouTube movie with the attacks despite the fact that the movie is at most an excuse to riot. His federal law enforcement apparatus found the man who allegedly made that film, rousted him out for “questioning” in the middle of the night, and now has that man in custody on alleged probation violations. But Obama is not calling Benghazi what it was, a terrorist attack by an al-Qaeda that may be resurgent thanks to the Muslim Brotherhood’s newfound power and influence.

The inconsistency about Benghazi is not limited to Susan Rice. It starts at the top, because Barack Obama is still trying to decide which way to land. He’ll land wherever he thinks the political advantage lies, not where the truth leads.

By the way, Axelrod stole a second base in that quote above. He claimed that Benghazi is being “thoroughly investigated.” How is that possible when the FBI still isn’t on the ground where the attack took place?

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/09/30/on-libya...

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#12 Sep 30, 2012
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
These stupid right-wing fools are desperately looking for anything to ease the pain of knowing that President Obama is on the verge of destroying Mitt Romney in just 5 weeks – so they now have to cling onto Libya as their last refuge of hope that something will come from this nothing… maybe the pollsters will over sample tea-baggers who hate this country in the next set of polls; LOL, good luck with that.
Obama lied, more people died..........just like Fast and Furious.

Paris

#13 Sep 30, 2012
The only people Obama felt bad about dying was Trayvon.

Paris

#14 Sep 30, 2012
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>
. Libya is not under American occupation. The White House nor CIA does not control the flow of information in Libya.
. There is no lie here!
. The White House reported the information they had at the time. If we knew for sure what went wrong, the government would not need to launch an investigation
. FYI, CIA/FBI have not been able to investigate the crime scene because of security concerns....
. So, it's been accepted as an Alqaeda attack, but there's been no actual intelligence nor scientific evidence of such....
The American Embassy is Soverign soil and as they do in America have diplomatic rights. Yes we can do what we want in our Embassy. You loons left his diary and no telling what in the way of classified material on the floor.
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#15 Sep 30, 2012
<quoted text>
. There is no lie here!
What investigation ?

The crime scene is so old and contaminated they might as well file it in " The Cold Case " data base.

Being impressed by Libyians picking up " The Usual Suspects " shows how naive you are.

Paris

#16 Sep 30, 2012
Aria wrote:
Deeper. Deeper! Keep digging that hole!
We just hit 2000 deaths in Afganistan, when we hit that milestone under Bush.......it was front page for a week........we hit it under Obama and all we hear is crickets chirping.

Bayside, NY

#17 Sep 30, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The American Embassy is Soverign soil and as they do in America have diplomatic rights. Yes we can do what we want in our Embassy. You loons left his diary and no telling what in the way of classified material on the floor.
It was a Consulate, right?
Get your story right, T-bag'r!

. America had no Embassy in Benghazi, our Embassy is in Tripoli; the Ambassador was visiting the consulate compound in Benghazi, a Wild-West type zone of Libya. If Romney and his GOP crooks wish to occupy Libya, they should say so....

Bayside, NY

#18 Sep 30, 2012
xnutmegger wrote:
<quoted text>
What investigation ?
The crime scene is so old and contaminated they might as well file it in " The Cold Case " data base.
Being impressed by Libyians picking up " The Usual Suspects " shows how naive you are.
Don't call me naive when FBI/CIA are trying to follow their routine protocol. You are like an attack dog, have no clue on how things work...
drink the hive

United States

#19 Sep 30, 2012
xnutmegger

Phoenix, AZ

#20 Sep 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Don't call me naive when FBI/CIA are trying to follow their routine protocol. You are like an attack dog, have no clue on how things work...
You know how things work in the states but not in a semi-hostile unsettled country with a weak central gov't. That is your naivetivity.

Routine ' Law n' Order ' isn't.

Besides the Libyians already scattered the militias so where do they chase them down ?

You said it " Trying ".

It takes suitcases of money and patients so the FBI is out of it's league . Maybe the CIA but they didn't have a network established as the 2 X-SEALS were trying to do , that is reportedly why they were in Benghazi.

The usual game is how much info they can buy that isn't just sham junk.

However some Libyians may sincerly want to help but do they know enough to really make a difference ?

I know more about the protocol than you ever will. FBI has protocol , CIA has whatever it can use but results vary. Best bet is to ask the MOSSAD who did it or for leads.

Location hidden

#21 Sep 30, 2012
Rice, Hillary and Obama should go jail for fraud. I would like to take the time out to Honor the Memories of:
Chris Stevens
Glen Doherty
Tyrone Woods
Sean Smith
R.I.P.
We are sorry our president failed to protect you and properly honor your service and your memory by flying out to Vegas for a party after news of your horrendous deaths.
Your service and patriotism will be missed by all good Americans even though ignored by our heartless leader

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Leave Gaza now, State Department warns U.S. cit... Thu Stephany McDowell 1
This is war. Daesh vs. al Qaeda Aug 24 YusufMehmet 2
News Tensions mount between Ukraine, Russia Aug 23 RUSSKI GO HOME 2
News Ukraine claims Russia smuggled new defense equi... Aug 21 George 4
News AG Holder worries about revenge for bin Laden (May '11) Aug 17 Tea bag suicide c... 201
News Obama: Yemen unrest won't halt drones (Jan '15) Aug 16 Lottery traitors 11
News Wikileaks Is At It Again, Proves Trump Is Right... Aug 16 Chilli J 24
More from around the web