Jihadists see Syria insurgency as jus...

Jihadists see Syria insurgency as just the beginning of a Middle East revolution

There are 18 comments on the The Independent story from Oct 14, 2013, titled Jihadists see Syria insurgency as just the beginning of a Middle East revolution. In it, The Independent reports that:

Loveday Morris is an award-winning freelance journalist currently based in Beirut and covering the unfolding crisis in Syria.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Independent.

Syrian

Waterford, CT

#1 Oct 14, 2013
These AlQaeda Islamic extremists are just beyond despicable.
George

United States

#2 Oct 15, 2013
There you go again, denying al Qaeda their lebensraum.

You're just greedy and don't want to share.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#3 Oct 15, 2013
George wrote:
There you go again, denying al Qaeda their lebensraum.
You're just greedy and don't want to share.
Share what? Those bastards want to establish Islamic States ruled under strict Sharia Law!!
George

Red Deer, Canada

#4 Oct 15, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Share what? Those bastards want to establish Islamic States ruled under strict Sharia Law!!
And that is the reason Assad and the Shia pets should be removed from governments.
jihad watch

Moretown, VT

#5 Oct 15, 2013
Ha ha. I make a pretty good George imitation, don't I?

He's quite the chowder head, no doubts there.
rude awakening

United States

#6 Oct 15, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is the reason Assad and the Shia pets should be removed from governments.
What's the reason.....that Assad is not letting the roaming jihadis turn Syria into a taliban-style retreat?

You're a real piece of work, fellow. Still thinking all the foreign jihadis will pull up stakes and go home if Assad steps down?
George

United States

#7 Oct 15, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Share what? Those bastards want to establish Islamic States ruled under strict Sharia Law!!
Maybe Sharia law isn't so bad? How many prisons have you seen filled with al Qaeda's prisoners? That must mean something.
rude awakening

United States

#8 Oct 15, 2013
“You Can Still See Their Blood”

Executions, Unlawful Killings, and Hostage Taking by Opposition Forces in Latakia Countryside

http://www.hrw.org/reports/2013/10/11/you-can...

This report documents serious abuses committed by opposition forces on August 4 during their attack on the villages. Eight survivors and witnesses described how opposition forces executed residents and opened fire on civilians, sometimes killing or attempting to kill entire families who were either in their homes unarmed or fleeing from the attack, and at other times killing adult male family members, and holding the female relatives and children hostage. At the time of writing, according to opposition sources, over 200 civilians, the vast majority of whom are women and children, continue to be held by the Islamic State of Iraq and Sham (ISIS) and Jaish al-Muhajireen wal-Ansar, groups that led the opposition offensive.
Avenger

United States

#9 Oct 15, 2013
They were all government collaborators.
George

United States

#10 Oct 15, 2013
I'll bet. And not only that, I'll bet they were planning on committing genocide on the democratic forces of al Qaeda.

Just a little pre-emptive ethnic cleansing, no doubt.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#11 Oct 16, 2013
rude awakening wrote:
“You Can Still See Their Blood”
Executions, Unlawful Killings, and Hostage Taking by Opposition Forces in Latakia Countryside
http://www.hrw.org/reports/2013/10/11/you-can...
This report documents serious abuses committed by opposition forces on August 4 during their attack on the villages. Eight survivors and witnesses described how opposition forces executed residents and opened fire on civilians, sometimes killing or attempting to kill entire families who were either in their homes unarmed or fleeing from the attack, and at other times killing adult male family members, and holding the female relatives and children hostage. At the time of writing, according to opposition sources, over 200 civilians, the vast majority of whom are women and children, continue to be held by the Islamic State of Iraq and Sham (ISIS) and Jaish al-Muhajireen wal-Ansar, groups that led the opposition offensive.
Those rebels are truly despicable.
George

United States

#12 Oct 16, 2013
HRW is a CIA operation. You can't believe anything they say.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#13 Oct 16, 2013
George wrote:
HRW is a CIA operation. You can't believe anything they say.
LOL!!!
George

Red Deer, Canada

#14 Oct 16, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Sharia law isn't so bad? How many prisons have you seen filled with al Qaeda's prisoners? That must mean something.
What you do not have enough confidence in using your own name again, you are such an insecure coward using other peoples names and changing names every second posting trying to get someone to side with you, pathetic
George

Red Deer, Canada

#15 Oct 16, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> LOL!!!
and Mr. "YES" man giving an intelligent comment again. There you go you have a fan club.
Charlie Darwin

United States

#16 Oct 16, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
What you do not have enough confidence in using your own name again, you are such an insecure coward using other peoples names and changing names every second posting trying to get someone to side with you, pathetic
My Dear Mr. George;

I couldn't care less if anyone sides with me or not. I am my own man and stand on my own opinions, popular or not. Petty reassurances are for children and fools.

Hate me for my opinion if you must but not because I'm creative and whimsical in the face of such ignorance and folly as found here.

Yours truly,

mxlplx
Charlie Darwin

United States

#17 Oct 16, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
and Mr. "YES" man giving an intelligent comment again. There you go you have a fan club.
My Dear Mr. George;

The man is Syrian by ethnicity and is seeing Syria engulfed in a religious war guised in politics of devastating consequences, with all parties to blame to varying degrees. The fact that he sees an imperfect secular government under siege and in our shared opinion I believe, very likely willing to engage in progressive reforms given half a chance, as preferable to the chaos and very real possibility that the country may be hijacked by a most vehement form of islamic fundamentalism, with all of its brutal aftermath and regional and far-reaching consequences (the very same concerns shared by western powers, btw) demands some consideration. If I can bring an occasional laugh and smile to this ongoing tragedy, so be it.

Please excuse the verbosity. Your clear and ongoing misunderstanding of my intentions has inspired its use.

Sincerely yours,

mxlplx
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#18 Oct 18, 2013
Charlie Darwin wrote:
<quoted text>
My Dear Mr. George;
The man is Syrian by ethnicity and is seeing Syria engulfed in a religious war guised in politics of devastating consequences, with all parties to blame to varying degrees. The fact that he sees an imperfect secular government under siege and in our shared opinion I believe, very likely willing to engage in progressive reforms given half a chance, as preferable to the chaos and very real possibility that the country may be hijacked by a most vehement form of islamic fundamentalism, with all of its brutal aftermath and regional and far-reaching consequences (the very same concerns shared by western powers, btw) demands some consideration. If I can bring an occasional laugh and smile to this ongoing tragedy, so be it.
Please excuse the verbosity. Your clear and ongoing misunderstanding of my intentions has inspired its use.
Sincerely yours,
mxlplx
Well said!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ethiopia: Peaceful Protest to Armed Uprising Feb 18 Gelleta 1
News German Security Official: Muslim Brotherhood Tr... Feb 18 Texxy the Selfie Cat 2
News Donald Trump's Muslim ban a 'self-inflicted wou... Feb 17 who cares 63
News Jonah Goldberg: Conflict in Middle East goes be... Feb 16 Jeff Brightone 1
News Why Is Russia Helping Anti-U.S. Insurgents in A... Feb 15 RUSSIAN TERRORISTS 6
News More "Fake News" From PBS: Tim McVeigh, The Okl... Feb 11 learntowrite 1
News The strategic suicide of aligning With Russia i... Feb 11 RUSSIAN WAR CRIMES 14
More from around the web