Reports: Benghazi used by Obama Administration to ship arms to Jihadi terrorists

Full story: Examiner.com
Fox News correspondent Geraldo Rivera has gone public stating his sources have verified that the now destroyed and abandoned U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya was actually a way station for American weapons to be shipped to Syrian rebels, as reported by The Blaze via Google News on 10 May, 2013. Full Story

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 May 13, 2013
Fox News correspondent Geraldo Rivera has gone public stating his sources have verified that the now destroyed and abandoned U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya was actually a way station for American weapons to be shipped to Syrian rebels, as reported by The Blaze via Google News on 10 May, 2013.

Almost simultaneously, Senator Rand Paul is alleging the current administration may be shipping arms illegally to Syria, as reported by RT.com (of Moscow, Russia) on 10 May, 2013.
An article published by The Boston Globe from April 28, 2013, asserts that Syrian rebel groups are dominated by organizations "aligned with al-Qaeda."

Cited as the "most extreme" is the notorious Al Nusra Front, an al-Qaeda aligned group that has already been declared a terrorist organization by the United States.

The Syrian rebel movement has since mutated to include fighters with a decidedly Islamist, Shafria'a Law-friendly bend.

To include "al-Qaeda-aligned jihadis seeking to establish an Islamic emirate, political Islamists inspired by the Muslim Brotherhood, and others who want an Islamic-influenced legal code like that found in many Arab states."

Location hidden

#2 May 13, 2013
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/10/ge...

Geraldo Rivera: My Sources Tell Me Benghazi Was About Running Missiles to Syrian Rebels
Geraldo Rivera said Friday that his sources tell him the U.S. was involved in a secret mission in Libya to arm the Syrian rebels, which was the reason for the initial secrecy about the attack in Benghazi.

Rivera said on “Fox & Friends” that Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney may have been briefed by then-CIA Director David Petraeus “to suggest that there was a secret mission going on there, that we can’t go there, we can’t talk about it.”

“I believe, and my sources tell me, they were there to round up those shoulder-fired surface-to-air missiles, they were going to hand those missiles over to the Turks and the Turks were going to give them to the rebels in Syria,” Rivera said.“It was like Iran-Contra, I think it merits gigantic investigation, it will all become clear.”

ABC News reported Thursday that the Republican National Committee actually created a Benghazi attack ad, but shelved it after objections from the Romney campaign.

Glenn Beck in October was one of the first to raise the theory that the U.S. could have been running weapons to Syrian rebels, which he said would be “Fast and Furious times 1,000.”

Location hidden

#3 May 13, 2013
http://rt.com/usa/rand-clinton-benghazi-paul-...

Rand Paul alleges CIA smuggled weapons through Benghazi

Amid intensifying rumors that he’s considering a run for president, United States Senator Rand Paul (R-Kentucky) has come down hard on the White House over last year’s tragedy at the American consulate in Benghazi, Libya.

On Wednesday a Congressional committee heard testimonies from witnesses of the September 11, 2012 attack, but eight months after the fact many questions still remain unanswered. Sen. Paul weighed in on the event as well this week, but in doing so challenged the administration of US President Barack Obama and particularly Hillary Clinton, the former Department of State secretary at the helm of the agency at the time of the attack and another rumored candidate in the 2016 election.

In an interview aired on CNN Thursday evening, Sen. Paul said he hasn’t ruled out the possibility that last year’s attack unfolded as a result of a secret arms trade. The confusion in the immediate aftermath of the event — including unfounded admissions from America’s United Nations envoy Susan Rice that contradicted what is known today about the attack — could actually be a cover-up, the senator said.
“Were they trying to obscure that there was an arms operation going on at the CIA annex?” Paul asked.“I’m not sure exactly what was going on, but I think questions ought to be asked and answered, and I’m a little curious when employees of the State Department are told by government officials they shouldn’t testify and then they are sort of sequestered and kept away from testimony, so I think there may be more to this.”

This is not the first time either that Senator Paul raised questions about possible arms supplies under the CIA umbrella. During her testimony in the Senate, Rand Paul asked then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton whether the spy agency was sending weapons from Benghazi into other countries. Clinton replied that he would have to ask CIA officials about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ukraine Needs New Security Guarantees 26 min Zeppelin 33
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 50 min Le Jimbo 420
Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) 6 hr dreamer78 46,051
We'll murder police, says Real IRA (Apr '11) Sat Jake 218
Without help, Libya could become next Syria, fo... Sat pizza pie 2
Obama: We're not at cyber war with North Korea Sat barefoot2626 39
For chlamydia infection, prevention is better t... Sat Victor 1
More from around the web