Why U.S. troops must stay in Afghanistan

Kimberly Kagan is president of the Institute for the Study of War. Frederick Kagan is director of the Critical Threats Project and a scholar at the American Enterprise Institute. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Second Div Army Vet

Miami, FL

#1 Nov 23, 2012
ALL those who feel we should stay should enlist in the military or have their kids enlist.

I include the FOX staff, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck in that.
gossamer

Warren, MI

#2 Nov 23, 2012
Give Obama a helmet and gun and send his ___ over there.
Second Div Army Vet

Miami, FL

#3 Nov 23, 2012
gossamer wrote:
Give Obama a helmet and gun and send his ___ over there.
BIG difference, He is pulling us OUT while your FOX and other draft dodging bunch like Limbaugh want us to stay there.

Go enlist and take Ted Nugent with you.
fact

Centurion, South Africa

#5 Nov 24, 2012
Us or nato soldiers are in afghanistan not cause of obama, he is president by name all the policies are coming from jews cause they are holding 70% economy of america. Its only a propoganda from jews against mideleast countries. First they were saying iraq is working on atomic plant but there was nothing its only they made a reason to attack on iraq. Second they destroyes their own building in america on 9/11 how its possible that america s intelligence is best in the world and they failed to find anyone in all these flights the same. Its was stupid joke no one can believe it, and that day there was not a single jew was working in those buildings I think all they were sick. It was only to create a reason to attack on afghanistan but they didn't know they cnt get success in this war their all technologies are failed there. Let's see for how for how long obama works as a puppet for jews.
concerned American

Stanton, KY

#6 Nov 24, 2012
Boris wrote:
I believe we should give Obama and Hillary both combat gear. Seems their pissing around in Middle Eastern affairs has done nothing but inflame the situation.
But if we do, I don't want the two of them anywhere near me when the crap goes off. Accidents happen. I'll kick the can with Nugent though.
People must understand that, these people (Arabs) have been fighting for thousands of years!!! There not going to reach a peace deal in ten years!
I only believe in war if my country is at stake. We give all of this money to these rogue country's. When we got people in our own streets starving!
But we can't stand by to the country's that want to destroy other country's.
Iran is the worlds next big problem.
They need to bring back the draft.
This country need to have respect!
These young punks running around with their pants down past their ass .
The young people want you to give things to them(jobs-money-etc) They need to earn it. Respect and the military could do that!!! Israel, both men and women must be a part of the military.
That's way Israel is the most powerful country in that region. Thanks to America. God Bless America !!!!!
Kar

Gdansk, Poland

#7 Nov 24, 2012
they must get out and all.
concerned American

Stanton, KY

#8 Nov 24, 2012
Kar wrote:
they must get out and all.
I agree
But you got to remember in WW2 Poland didn't have a chance if it wasn't for America!! Our world doesn't need another Hitler !!!!!!
Card Carrying Zionist

Twentynine Palms, CA

#9 Nov 24, 2012
concerned American wrote:
People must understand that, these people (Arabs) have been fighting for thousands of years...

You raise some valid points, but Afghanistan is not an arab country. It's mostly Pashtuns and Tajiks.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#10 Nov 26, 2012
When you attack a country - literally go house to house - and then prop up the inevitable result of a stock middle eastern dictatorship - just what do people think the outcome will be? When the Japanese and even the southern US were dealt with it had to be total submission - and then change happened. This half-ass nation building is not only ineffective but it worsens the whole situation.

In purely tactical terms, get the soldiers out or subdue the country and control the government and education system for a generation.
concerned American

Stanton, KY

#11 Nov 26, 2012
Card Carrying Zionist wrote:
<quoted text>You raise some valid points, but Afghanistan is not an arab country. It's mostly Pashtuns and Tajiks.
Most of the people in Afghanistan are good people. They have lived under a ruler that doesn't want people to read or be free ( go to school-etc) we don't need those type of people living with us! It's only gona cost other country's to spend their time and money to turn this around. Let those people live the way they want. Those people doesn't like the way the west lives!
At the beginning of 911. The first thing that came to mind was to make that place a sheet of glass! All our efforts should be focused on Iran. That place is dangerous!!!! If I were Israel, I would have done been there!! I don't like threats,( wipe them off the map)
America is strong !! Our forefathers said
Don't Tread on me!!!!
auq

UK

#12 Nov 26, 2012
Mr.concerned american why you dnt go and fight in afghanistan or iran? And why nato withdrawing the troops after 2014? You think everyone is stupid like you there is no big terrorist than america and israel you can start the war but you are not brave you love with life but taliban they dnt love with life they will die but not guna drop weapons cause they are right.
D Up

Chicago, IL

#13 Nov 27, 2012
Second Div Army Vet wrote:
<quoted text>
BIG difference, He is pulling us OUT while your FOX and other draft dodging bunch like Limbaugh want us to stay there.
Go enlist and take Ted Nugent with you.
Actually you are wrong. The US is in negotiations with Afghans to extend US troops stay and looking to make a permanent base in Afghanistan.
Ref: Huffington Post and Foreign Policy websites.
concerned American

Stanton, KY

#14 Nov 27, 2012
auq wrote:
Mr.concerned american why you dnt go and fight in afghanistan or iran? And why nato withdrawing the troops after 2014? You think everyone is stupid like you there is no big terrorist than america and israel you can start the war but you are not brave you love with life but taliban they dnt love with life they will die but not guna drop weapons cause they are right.
They (Afghanistan) need to have the same saying as America !
Don't Tread on Me!!'
auq

Centurion, South Africa

#15 Nov 27, 2012
<quoted text>
They (Afghanistan) need to have the same saying as America !
Don't Tread on Me!!'
why you americans are thinking every one going to say as you want? You cnt get success for this in afghanistan. I think america will say how afghanistan want.
concerned American

Georgetown, KY

#16 Nov 28, 2012
auq wrote:
Look in the mirror!!!
Tim

Haldensleben, Germany

#17 Nov 28, 2012
they must get OUT and all.
auq

UK

#18 Nov 28, 2012
<quoted text>
Look in the mirror!!!
I want to show you the mirror. Your make up is melting down in afghanistan.
Sve

Stockholm, Sweden

#19 Nov 30, 2012
they must get out qand not stay. What aborted ideas have these criminals from usa? Withdrawal means withdrawal and all and end.
dognes

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Nov 30, 2012
youtube.com/watch... …What mistake is that? Will ruin the life of many Americans and damage
the Economy even more so than what Obama/Bush has done
gossamer

Warren, MI

#21 Nov 30, 2012
Second Div Army Vet wrote:
ALL those who feel we should stay should enlist in the military or have their kids enlist.
I include the FOX staff, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck in that.
Well Obama thinks they should stay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We'll murder police, says Real IRA (Apr '11) 9 min Lawrence James co... 216
Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) 13 min the holy mountain 45,945
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 26 min tha Professor 236
How Sydney hostage tragedy changes Australia 2 hr HARDcoreDRILN 4
No title (Jul '07) 5 hr Ccw88 12
"Enough is enough": Pakistan-U.S. rift continues (Dec '11) 6 hr MOMIN ANSARI 9
Kerry: No one should interfere in Israeli election 20 hr Hooogle It 5