Syria: A No-Win Situation for Obama

Syria: A No-Win Situation for Obama

There are 4 comments on the News Max story from Jun 19, 2013, titled Syria: A No-Win Situation for Obama. In it, News Max reports that:

President Obama met with Russian President Vladimir Putin during the G8 summit this week to discuss many things, but the biggest topic appeared to be their differences over Syria.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Max.

Syrian

Waterford, CT

#1 Jun 19, 2013
Good article! Obama gains nothing by getting America involved in this conflict.

“hi ya”

Since: Feb 12

Manchester

#2 Jun 19, 2013
"...Surely this cannot be because Obama himself declared al-Qaida defeated just this past May. Perhaps, he meant the non-U.S. supported branch of al-Qaida.

But I digress.

Our man in the fight has been our greatest foe since 2001. Their primary purpose is to expel Americans from the Middle East especially Saudi Arabia and take the fight to the American mainland itself. Somehow, al-Qaida is now our beacon of hope for democracy in Syria."...

It is there only hope to stop democracy in secular Syria in 2014
Red East

Guam

#3 Jun 19, 2013
"So I say let them fight their own war. We should not waste our blood or treasure being a kingmaker to those who revile us."

Exactly! Why try to destroy Assad and Syria simply because he doesn't like Israel? Importantly, what happens when the those US arms don't do much to change the balance? Are we going to intervene more? Once we intervene with a no-fly zone, or even with just providing arms, there is no way out? So the only way out is to stay out.
mike jacksons stepmom

Jersey City, NJ

#4 Jun 19, 2013
Leave syria the way it is, remember iraq . Not worth it for us. Let the french and brits deal with it if they want.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gov: Removing Confederate statues like losing 9... 9 hr GED Grad 4
News End the 'big wink' in US-Middle East foreign po... Sat Gov Corbutt of th... 2
News Being overweight may be caused by the clock in ... Sat Tex- 35
News Maine gov: Removing statues like losing 9/11 me... Sat Proud Yankee 2
News Obama: Americans deserve to know more about dro... (Feb '13) Aug 17 C Kersey 52
News 'The War Is Not Over' (Sep '06) Aug 16 crusty 276,629
News White House scrambles to explain Trump's respon... Aug 15 youll shoot your ... 33
More from around the web