NSA surveillance pits liberty against security

Jun 6, 2013 Full story: The Salinas Californian 154

Public disclosure of the federal government's effort to track terrorists through the telephone records of average citizens has reinvigorated a national debate over the balancing act between security and liberty.

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
spocko

Oakland, CA

#151 Jun 13, 2013
Pappa wrote:
<quoted text>
All this to say you are willing to forfeit your right to privacy. I understand your position, I just don't agree with it.
We have given up our privacy a long, long time ago everything there is to know about you (or me) is constantly collected by private companies and is for sale to anyone that wants it. It is far worse than what the Gov't collects. Nevertheless, I completely disagree with our Gov't spending billions on a gigantic project without the knowledge of "we the people"!
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#153 Jun 14, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right, why is then that you can't distinguish between historical facts and ideology? All the crap your posting is based in ideology not in evidence based facts - but of course you wouldn't know that living in your tiny little wingnuz universe.
Altering historical facts to appease the politically correct ideology is what is happening in public schools, has been for decades. You believe it because it's too uncomfortable for you to seek what really happened. Human history is ugly, must we sugar coat it because you need to view the world with rose colored glasses? Grow up spockooo. You liberals are a bunch of crybabies.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#154 Jun 14, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Altering historical facts to appease the politically correct ideology is what is happening in public schools, has been for decades. You believe it because it's too uncomfortable for you to seek what really happened. Human history is ugly, must we sugar coat it because you need to view the world with rose colored glasses? Grow up spockooo. You liberals are a bunch of crybabies.
Why is it that simple facts, with your wingnuz-mentality, are always abstractions, it's not really important whether something is for real or not -- only that you troglodytes believe it is.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#155 Jun 14, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that simple facts, with your wingnuz-mentality, are always abstractions, it's not really important whether something is for real or not -- only that you troglodytes believe it is.
Only in your alternate universe, fool..........

“To contract new debts...”

Since: Apr 08

is not the way to pay old ones

#156 Jun 14, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the field of study. Have you seen the stats on how many college grads have no job prospects. For various reasons, like they majored in art study or basket weaving..but nevertheless, education only has a value if what you have learned can be applied to earn an income. Self improvement has no monetary value.
That goes without saying, but a 4 year degree in engineering or computer science is a ticket out of the inner city.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#157 Jun 14, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
That goes without saying, but a 4 year degree in engineering or computer science is a ticket out of the inner city.
Yes indeed. Something that not only proffers a career for oneself, but aides the nation as well.

#158 Jun 14, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed. Something that not only proffers a career for oneself, but aides the nation as well.
Now the $64,000 question, who put this into place in that liberal bastion of Massachusetts?
spocko

Oakland, CA

#159 Jun 14, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
A ticket out of the inner city? What the f*** are you talking about? A four year degree in Engineering is major accomplishment for anyone ...
drink the hivE

New York, NY

#160 Jun 14, 2013
Sound' 2 Me Like Papa Johns "Real Canadian Bacon BS"...

http://civiliancontractors.files.wordpress.co...

#161 Jun 14, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
A ticket out of the inner city? What the f*** are you talking about? A four year degree in Engineering is major accomplishment for anyone ...
Once again answer the fcuking question or STFU.
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#162 Jun 14, 2013
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have to agree with it my friend, but the reality of modern technology exists and homegrown terrorists exist here also, the Constitution states, and not what the homegrown terrorists want to force upon us, fo protect our future generations. If the NSA MUST surveille us, then so be it to protect us from primitive terrorist ideology.
Only thing is, going into a Mosque or listening to phones from there where terrorists meet is NO. So doubt if Obama's gonna listen to many terrorist anywhere, just American Citizens

#163 Jun 15, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't have to be in either of the fields that I mentioned, they were examples. You do know what examples are, right?
Now that we have that cleared up, why the racist BS? Is there a reason why an inner city kid could not complete a four year degree in Engineering?
spocko

Oakland, CA

#164 Jun 15, 2013
Hunglo wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't have to be in either of the fields that I mentioned, they were examples. You do know what examples are, right?
Now that we have that cleared up, why the racist BS? Is there a reason why an inner city kid could not complete a four year degree in Engineering?
Huh? Your words not mine ...

#165 Jun 15, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
your words

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) 4 hr charADEs n FKWITs... 44,872
Why Obama must revisit Ho Chi Minh's request? 5 hr NGUCAPSHlTSKIN3KI... 35
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 shot down over Uk... 5 hr SWG 1,124
Two years after Benghazi, US wants more time to... 6 hr woodtick57 88
Homeland Security bulletin warns ISIS may strik... 8 hr Biff Dugan 1
Ukraine parliament ratifies EU pact 15 hr UKRAINE in NATO 1
'The War Is Not Over' (Sep '06) 15 hr Pizza Pie 276,527
•••

Terrorism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••