New TSA policy on knives, bats sparks...

New TSA policy on knives, bats sparks backlash

There are 14 comments on the WHDH story from Mar 8, 2013, titled New TSA policy on knives, bats sparks backlash. In it, WHDH reports that:

Flight attendants, pilots, federal air marshals and even insurance companies are part of a growing backlash to the Transportation Security Administration's new policy allowing passengers to carry small knives and sports equipment like souvenir baseball bats and golf clubs onto planes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHDH.

“Obama: Leading us to failure”

Since: Jul 09

The United States of America

#1 Mar 8, 2013
As illegals jump over our Borders and our clueless wonder Janet Napolitano calls our vets Terrorists and people without criminal records who legally own firearms and never committed any sort of crime are looked at as criminals .

This nation truly is circling the drain
Rob Johnson

AOL

#2 Mar 8, 2013
Everybody..STFU....If Obama says knives in the cabin of planes is good then it is good. Why would he asked the flight attentents or anyone else whether it is wise?

Surrender, Submit, OBEY...The Obama!!
Your Ex

United States

#3 Mar 8, 2013
What could possibly go wrong with a handful of passengers with box-cutters?
Sheik Yerbouti

Pennington, NJ

#5 Mar 8, 2013
All golf clubs should be checked. One set of clubs can tie up one whole luggage bin taking up room that other passengers can use.
d-pants

United States

#6 Mar 9, 2013
Now that they can set up roadside chechpoints to do illegal searches on citizens, why would obama need them to stop planes from being "hijacked" and crashed into buildings? This is what they wanted the whole time. What a jerk circus the tsa is, less training but the same jurisdiction as a police officer.
Robert Schiavell

Dallas, TX

#7 Mar 9, 2013
Your Ex wrote:
I don't know, tell us.
d-pants

United States

#8 Mar 10, 2013
Your Ex wrote:
not much wit two air marshals on board. I know one,
Question here

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Mar 11, 2013
Can someone answer as to why in the world would anyone need a knife of any kind on board an aircraft?
A senator held up a knife and a bottle of shampoo today on cnn. He asks "what is more dangerous to the aircraft? The knife or the shampoo?"
this senator (sorry, forgot his name) was for the argument to repeal the TSA lift on small knife ban btw. Its a good ? And here's my take on it.
I would pick the shampoo bottle as the highest threat to aircraft over the knife. The little knife won't ake down an airplane. But the liquid could. That's why no liquids over 3 oz. BUT, with all the air rage lately, the knife carries a higher personal threat.
I think we should keep a ban on all knives. Good for Richard Anderson, ceo of delta for coming out against the TSA (Obama) decision.
Question here

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Mar 11, 2013
btw, so what if the international community has different rules.why should the USA, whom was attacked on 9/11, relax rules to appease anyone. Its our security, not thiers. And furthermore, us bound flts from abroad should be subject to the old regulations.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#11 Mar 11, 2013
Question here wrote:
Can someone answer as to why in the world would anyone need a knife of any kind on board an aircraft?
A senator held up a knife and a bottle of shampoo today on cnn. He asks "what is more dangerous to the aircraft? The knife or the shampoo?"
this senator (sorry, forgot his name) was for the argument to repeal the TSA lift on small knife ban btw. Its a good ? And here's my take on it.
I would pick the shampoo bottle as the highest threat to aircraft over the knife. The little knife won't ake down an airplane. But the liquid could. That's why no liquids over 3 oz. BUT, with all the air rage lately, the knife carries a higher personal threat.
I think we should keep a ban on all knives. Good for Richard Anderson, ceo of delta for coming out against the TSA (Obama) decision.
On the plane, now a days you can't even open a sealed package or mail because you would've been forced to open at the gate. BUT to turn people into criminals for forgetting about their nail clippers, leatherman or Swiss Army knife-uh-uh. It's as much about convenience before and after the flight. I frequently carry a knife of somekind and have spares I used to keep in luggage for travel. I fly a fraction, less than one tenth I used to for time and reasons like this.

This ban should've been lifted years ago but was kept in an effort to make law lines and government intrusion the norm when flying. It was incremental indoctrination. All they had to do was lock/secure the cabins in flight and do some random profiling and more thorough searches. But to put on the public face that they reacted to the event and make their granny voters happy they inflicted the Patriot Act, Homeland Security and the TSA on the public. And the sheeple ate it up.

They are hoping for an even they can blame on those 'knives' so they can say and I told you show and make flying even worse than it is now.
d-pants7

Chicago, IL

#13 Mar 11, 2013
Question here wrote:
btw, so what if the international community has different rules.why should the USA, whom was attacked on 9/11, relax rules to appease anyone. Its our security, not thiers. And furthermore, us bound flts from abroad should be subject to the old regulations.
I didn't think the international community had such strict rules. I thought we where the worst besides maybe air israel.
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#14 Mar 12, 2013
d-pants7 wrote:
<quoted text> I didn't think the international community had such strict rules. I thought we where the worst besides maybe air israel.
I think the international community allows profiling. Besides two airports in an area the size of NJ they say the Israelies question the passangers and review them/their intinary more intently. I don't mind profiling but question my plan in detail is another especially if not a suspect. With preflight intel, some profiling and locked cabins most flights could be made secure.

This should be a lesson on "measures" that seem temporary, it took them over a decade to lift what many thought were going to be temporary policies which help decimate the airline industry. Now with over a decade of "habit" just like a junky many do not want change. But was there ever really any intention to go back?
Bob Lewis

AOL

#15 Mar 14, 2013
Capt America wrote:
As illegals jump over our Borders and our clueless wonder Janet Napolitano calls our vets Terrorists and people without criminal records who legally own firearms and never committed any sort of crime are looked at as criminals .
This nation truly is circling the drain
We elected the Open Borders Obama because the majority of Americans have no pride in their citizenship and prefer to leave less than nothing to our kids. Get over it. The Die is Cast. We proved we are a Nation of losers and must submit to the Orwellian Obama's vision for a dramatically devalued future for our families.
d-pants7

Chicago, IL

#16 Mar 16, 2013
Bob Lewis wrote:
<quoted text>
We elected the Open Borders Obama because the majority of Americans have no pride in their citizenship and prefer to leave less than nothing to our kids. Get over it. The Die is Cast. We proved we are a Nation of losers and must submit to the Orwellian Obama's vision for a dramatically devalued future for our families.
but it was somehow different when bush did some of the same, Then it was wrong. it is kinda funny watching democrats have the same double standard for obama as republicans had for bush. Now all the real news they embraced only 5 years ago they call conspiracy. That's all they can do too, is call it that, not dispute it with anything else but name calling. Same thing republicans did when bush was "potus".....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islamic State 'worse than Nazis': PM 11 hr Lawrence James co... 1
News Irish president warns of extremism Wed Lawrence James co... 2
News Obama expands ISIL fight into Syria; Canada won... (Sep '14) Tue Swedenforever 18
News Bin Laden son-in-law arrested in Jordan is brou... (Mar '13) Tue swedenforever 67
News Kurd Oppostion Offers Base In Fight Against IS Mon Rockstar 3
News Ukraine Posts Video Of Captured 'Russian Soldie... Aug 31 FOOLS DIE FOR PUTIN 6
News Rumsfeld Resigns as Defense Secretary Democrats... (Nov '06) Aug 27 Swedenforever 12
More from around the web