Imminent U.S. strike on Syria could draw nation into civil war

Full story: The Washington Post

Video: Vice President Joe Biden says there is "no doubt" that Syrian President Bashar Assad's government is responsible for the use of chemical weapons in an attack last week.

Comments (Page 23)

Showing posts 441 - 460 of475
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Flyfart

Broken Bow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#473
Sep 12, 2013
 
CTM wrote:
Yes, it's very disconcerting that Putin has sent his anti aircraft carrier system to the area. I don't think this scenario would even exist had we just gone into Afganistan and bombed Bin Laden and his ilk back to Barney. Instead Bush even allowed his family to leave the U.S. during the no-fly time of 9-11. We've been shooting up the place for 12 years now, think they might be pissed?
Same policy , In public Putin and Obama act like they don't like each other in private it be buddy buddy, who knows?
Vedic Rationalist

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#475
Sep 12, 2013
 
CTM wrote:
Yes, it's very disconcerting that Putin has sent his anti aircraft carrier system to the area. I don't think this scenario would even exist had we just gone into Afganistan and bombed Bin Laden and his ilk back to Barney. Instead Bush even allowed his family to leave the U.S. during the no-fly time of 9-11. We've been shooting up the place for 12 years now, think they might be pissed?
Anti aircraft CARRIER? system?

Did yoy mean anti aircraft system like surface to air s300 sysrems? Or is there a anti air craft carrier system too, to keep the US aircraft carriers away from Syria?
CTM

New Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#476
Sep 12, 2013
 
Vedic Rationalist wrote:
<quoted text>
Anti aircraft CARRIER? system?
Did yoy mean anti aircraft system like surface to air s300 sysrems? Or is there a anti air craft carrier system too, to keep the US aircraft carriers away from Syria?
..........Ship or ships for what is called blue-water war. He sent some serious Russian ships. Only a 3 second spot on the news.
Flyfart

Broken Bow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#477
Sep 12, 2013
 
CTM wrote:
<quoted text>..........Ship or ships for what is called blue-water war. He sent some serious Russian ships. Only a 3 second spot on the news.
When one of are ships gets sunk I wonder if mass media will report it.
CTM

New Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#478
Sep 13, 2013
 
Flyfart wrote:
<quoted text>When one of are ships gets sunk I wonder if mass media will report it.
..........They aren't even reporting everything that is in the water in that area. I surf a lot of news channels and must have gotten lucky on that. They clearly stated "Blue Water" , engagement, conflict? It was a quick blurb. When we were the only ones with ships in the area the news was showing computer map with our ships on both sides of the Suez Canal, now nothing for a map. This was Thursday.

Since: Nov 12

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#479
Sep 13, 2013
 
Blue Water engagement has given way to intellectual slander.
Obama claims the US is exceptional good ,Putin says telling people they are exceptional , has led to them being estranged , from the unexceptional.
Causing outrage in the States.
My point is ,! taking the credit for leading the World to the abyss is a strange thing to do.
fingiswold

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#481
Sep 13, 2013
 
Flyfart wrote:
<quoted text>When one of are ships gets sunk I wonder if mass media will report it.
no, they'll hide it, and everyone will wonder why there's suddenly a nuclear exchange going on.

lol...low educational standards out there in Okie-land, huh?:)
Flyfart

Broken Bow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#482
Sep 13, 2013
 
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
no, they'll hide it, and everyone will wonder why there's suddenly a nuclear exchange going on.
lol...low educational standards out there in Okie-land, huh?:)
What differance does the education standerd make when theres a nucular exchange go'en on, hehe.
alan

Livonia, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#483
Sep 13, 2013
 
CTM wrote:
<quoted text>..........Ship or ships for what is called blue-water war. He sent some serious Russian ships. Only a 3 second spot on the news.
you would think this would be important news for the public to be told of by the main stream media?instead they continue to cover obamas ass by not reporting?the main stream media stinks to high heaven and only reports news that the white house wants?they are the same as white house press?
CTM

New Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#484
Sep 14, 2013
 
alan wrote:
<quoted text>you would think this would be important news for the public to be told of by the main stream media?instead they continue to cover obamas ass by not reporting?the main stream media stinks to high heaven and only reports news that the white house wants?they are the same as white house press?
..........Yes, the media doesn't even let the public know what the international opinon of America is. If they did that we would know just how bad our politicians are doing. Transparency in American Government is non-existant. They keep creating laws to make it "legal" to keep things hidden and costs for these things,(their projects like the Iron Dome, bank policies, bailout costs, green stuff like Solyndra,etc), paid for by our taxes. I haven't had any representation for my taxation for at least 20+ years now. Do you really think they are going to tell us how bad international relations have gotten from their latest "project"? The politicians just keep throwing crap on top of us while saying, "It's better if they don't know". Like they're the ones making a sacrifice while we keep paying with our taxes and our children lost in combat.
see the light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#485
Sep 14, 2013
 
There won't be a strike on Syria. A few of the chemical weapons will be handed over and the rest will be moved . They have a week to move.
CTM

New Fairfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#486
Sep 14, 2013
 
If we did strike Syria, what would the consequences actually be? Flat out war with Russia for bombing their new adoptee? Iran dropping a nuke on israel? But would that be a positive or a negative since then we wouldn't really have a need to be there.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#488
Sep 14, 2013
 
Russian Ship will not fire on ours at all. What they will do is if we launch any Cruise Missile at Syria is report to the Syrian government time of launch and direction and speed the Cruise missile are traveling.. Even with just a few minutes warning , they will be able to minimize the damage.
see the light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#489
Sep 14, 2013
 
CTM wrote:
If we did strike Syria, what would the consequences actually be? Flat out war with Russia for bombing their new adoptee? Iran dropping a nuke on israel? But would that be a positive or a negative since then we wouldn't really have a need to be there.
Maybe not, cause we told them when attack takes place and where and its going to be so small.....We are giving them time to get weapons moved.
Vedic Rationalist

New Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#490
Sep 15, 2013
 
californio wrote:
Russian Ship will not fire on ours at all. What they will do is if we launch any Cruise Missile at Syria is report to the Syrian government time of launch and direction and speed the Cruise missile are traveling.. Even with just a few minutes warning , they will be able to minimize the damage.
Just google with "russia shoots down US missiles"

http://aangirfan .blogspot. in/2013/09/russia-shot-down-tw o-us-missiles-fired .html

Israel first denied of the missile tests, then owned up. Funniest time to test missiles over the Mediterranean. Now the world knows what really happened.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#491
Sep 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Vedic Rationalist wrote:
<quoted text>
Just google with "russia shoots down US missiles"
http://aangirfan .blogspot. in/2013/09/russia-shot-down-tw o-us-missiles-fired .html
Israel first denied of the missile tests, then owned up. Funniest time to test missiles over the Mediterranean. Now the world knows what really happened.
I find two thing interesting.
First it did not make the news at all in the USA , and you think this would Lead on the nightly news.
Second is Israel saying it launched the Missiles but the missile where traveling from West to East( Get a map out and notice where Syria and Israel are.)
I think Putin called Obama bluff and Obama is trying now to find a way to back off and not lose too much face
Vedic Rationalist

New Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#492
Sep 15, 2013
 
californio wrote:
<quoted text> I find two thing interesting.
First it did not make the news at all in the USA , and you think this would Lead on the nightly news.
Second is Israel saying it launched the Missiles but the missile where traveling from West to East( Get a map out and notice where Syria and Israel are.)
I think Putin called Obama bluff and Obama is trying now to find a way to back off and not lose too much face
Also of interest is the SCO meet in bishkek. Too low profile, for an organozation that is primarily a defence treaty with members like Russia, China, India. Rumours are Japan is top secret partner too.

Is SCO an anti NATO alliance?

And in this meet, Iran and Syria were also present. Lol be sure that will never make it to the main stream media.

“Totalitarianism USA”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#493
Sep 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, your conspiracy theory is fun, but the real facts just don't support it.
for the rest of the world, it would be far, far easier if Assad stayed in power, a much more stable element in the near east than the self rule in Syria would bring.
so scratch that off your silly list of reasons...
as to the trumped up wmd calls, this was in no way like Iraq. it just happened, we have confirmation on the ground from totally unbiased world respected groups like MSF (doctors without borders)
your conspiracies are entertaining for the rest of us rational people but they have no basis in reality...
My conspiracy theory, as you sneeringly call it, is based on facts. As in a criminal investigation, one gathers facts, then surmises what and why the criminal did what he did, how he will act and react, then comes to a conclusion; but naturally I donít expect an ignoramus to understand that, so think whatever you like and I will do the same. You, like Obama, prefer to blame the Syrian government Obama wishes to topple by means of the cannibalistic rebels, rebels who hate America and have killed many Americans, so no matter what the truth is, Obama will lie and you will uphold him in his lies, right?

I didnít mention a thing about wmd. Do you daydream a lot?

You are neither rational nor entertaining but are a petty, scornful individual with an over inflated ego.

“Totalitarianism USA”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#494
Sep 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

-The Weather Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me. Africa has sold their own people into slavery for decades and they were not the only ones who had been sold in slavery or utilized as slaves.
Where in my post does it imply that I agree with going to other countries and fixing their savagery with our values? It doesn't. And if you don't think they live like savages in the Arab countries then you are wearing blinders.
Many countries want the freedoms the USA offer as well as their democracy. Albeit, Obama really screwed Africa as well as to blame for the deaths of many children and women. Take your anger out on him. I do not approve of him as our president and not because of his "color" but because of his incompetence.
As far as I am concerned, other countries need to fend for themselves or not. I am sick and tired of our tax dollars being given to other countries and their citizens when there isn't a single one of them who have any appreciation or respect for those who tried to help their pathetic lifestyle. We need to go back to taking care of our own and let others deal with their problems even if it meets the definition of savagery.
Islam is a political doctrine and any country that allows Islam to take hold in their country under the guise of it being a religion deserve what they get. Unfortunately we have it in our country and our pols are too politically correct as they "think" there is something to be gained by allowing them in. Our problem is we are NOT a multi cultural country. We are a multi ethnic country and not many are able to make that distinction because of their liberal upbringings.
Next time you want to try and sling shyte my way, make damn sure you have reading comprehension skills.
That is one of the best posts I have read anywhere, very informative and pro American. You think properly, so keep it up!

Since: Nov 12

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#495
Sep 17, 2013
 
I actually know of a body who once came to 'save' by offering his body to the poor little bastard that needed saving.
Why don't you be what I am , instead of using my tax dollars.
Said dogs body.
But you don't pay any tax dollars answered poor little bastard.
Yes I do said said 'Dodgy Dan' the rock spider.
Oh,! No you don't said honest little guy you QE 3 it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 441 - 460 of475
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Terrorism Discussions

Search the Terrorism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) 42 min MUQ1 43,933
Locals get angry with pro-Russia separatists 9 hr tarmo 256
Iran rejects arms shipment, supply of fighter j... 13 hr Peace for all 3
'The War Is Not Over' (Sep '06) 14 hr Pizza Pie 276,374
Kerry meeting again with Afghan candidates 16 hr Obama the Joker 3
Snatched 21 hr Rooney-of-G7-Snatched 5
Lone Survivor Jul 8 John_Schuylkill County_Pa 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••