Queen's visit to Ireland could mark t...

Queen's visit to Ireland could mark the start of a new era, says Gerry Adams

There are 11 comments on the Guardian Unlimited story from May 14, 2011, titled Queen's visit to Ireland could mark the start of a new era, says Gerry Adams. In it, Guardian Unlimited reports that:

Sinn FA©in leader says Queen's visit offers 'unique opportunity' for mutual respect and equality on both sides The Queen's visit 'could lead to a new era'. Photograph: Kieran Doherty//PA Gerry Adams , the leader of Sinn FA©in , has said that the Queen 's visit to Ireland could mark moves towards a new and better relationship between the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Guardian Unlimited.

Led Zepplin

Hamilton, Canada

#1 May 15, 2011
Gerry Adams forgets that Cornwall hung Irish men up & down the same Dublin quay the Queen will visit...Forgive but Never Forget.
packaa

Beijing, China

#2 May 16, 2011
Led Zepplin wrote:
Gerry Adams forgets that Cornwall hung Irish men up & down the same Dublin quay the Queen will visit...Forgive but Never Forget.
Cromwell also hung many English and Scottish Catholics too. Cromwell wasn't anti-Irish, he was anti-Catholic and anti- royaly too. He agreed completly with the hanging of King Charles 1 for example. Cromwells followers killed thousands of Scots Presbyterians as well. If Cromwell were alive today he would come after the royal family with a engence. So don't associate the queen. She is welcome to Dublin any time.
Krypteia

Brighton, UK

#3 May 16, 2011
packaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Cromwell also hung many English and Scottish Catholics too. Cromwell wasn't anti-Irish, he was anti-Catholic and anti- royaly too. He agreed completly with the hanging of King Charles 1 for example. Cromwells followers killed thousands of Scots Presbyterians as well. If Cromwell were alive today he would come after the royal family with a engence. So don't associate the queen. She is welcome to Dublin any time.
Good post...but King Charles was beheaded...
David Byrne

Dublin, Ireland

#4 May 17, 2011
I am From Ireland and i actually don't mind that the Queen is visiting our Country. What I don't like is that she is appearing at our garden of remembrance for the Irish rebels that died during the 1916 rising and she will be laying a wreath while the English National Anthem is playing.... This is extremely disrespectful and insulting among other things.. this should not be aloud to happen.
Mark

Dudley, UK

#5 May 29, 2011
The rebels deserved to be hanged after the treasonable pro-German Easter Rising, especially Patrick Pearse and Roger Casement (who were both homosexual paedophiles, by the way).
Marcus

Wolverhampton, UK

#7 Sep 28, 2013
David Byrne wrote:
I am From Ireland and i actually don't mind that the Queen is visiting our Country. What I don't like is that she is appearing at our garden of remembrance for the Irish rebels that died during the 1916 rising and she will be laying a wreath while the English National Anthem is playing.... This is extremely disrespectful and insulting among other things.. this should not be aloud to happen.
The terrorist Easter Rising was a pointless failure, and it's the UK national anthem.
Irish2

Clane, Ireland

#8 Sep 29, 2013
Marcus wrote:
<quoted text>
The terrorist Easter Rising was a pointless failure, and it's the UK national anthem.
Terrorists in their own country? Get a brain cell or one! The terrorists who were in Ireland were the english!
The bitter taste you are still savouring for the long past,god some people make me laugh.Get a life rather than bitching about something you know nothing about.
rock white

Stratford-upon-avon, UK

#9 Sep 30, 2013
and the English were British, which included loyal Irish.

So there you are, you Roman intruder.
Robert

Folkestone, UK

#10 Sep 30, 2013
Irish2 wrote:
<quoted text>Terrorists in their own country? Get a brain cell or one! The terrorists who were in Ireland were the english!
The bitter taste you are still savouring for the long past,god some people make me laugh.Get a life rather than bitching about something you know nothing about.
The rebels were terrorists for murdering Irish civilains and policemen in the pointless, failed Easter Rising.

There were no English people in Ireland.
So What

Nanjing, China

#11 Sep 30, 2013
Europe has moved on while some on the islands fight and you know that the majority on the islands don't even care about your squabbles. Get a life losers
Robert

Wolverhampton, UK

#12 Oct 1, 2013
So What wrote:
Europe has moved on while some on the islands fight and you know that the majority on the islands don't even care about your squabbles. Get a life losers
The British Isles are not part of Europe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Muslims connect with their Adirondack neighbors... 6 hr Woah 3
News How to Fight Extremism with Atheism Sep 27 Eagle 12 3
News Syria believes it's on way to military victory Sep 26 RUSSIAs VIETNAM 5
News 'The War Is Not Over' (Sep '06) Sep 23 mook 276,652
News Bin Laden son-in-law arrested in Jordan is brou... (Mar '13) Sep 21 bldg seven 73
News Will either side blink over North Carolina's Ho... Sep 20 TomInElPaso 1
News Russian Man Sentenced For Fighting Beside Islam... Sep 19 Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web