Syrian Army, Hezbollah Capture Homs Opening Way to Aleppo

Jul 31, 2013 Full story: New Media Journal 123

Three months after winning the strategic town of Al Qusayr, the combined Syrian and Hezbollah armies have captured the historic Muslim Brotherhood city of Homs, 162 kilometers northeast of the capital Damascus.

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#1 Jul 31, 2013
Awesome work Syrian army!
William

Warwick, UK

#2 Jul 31, 2013
Syria will be celebrating Xmas properly this year,victory is near.
Avenger

Hamilton, Canada

#3 Jul 31, 2013
There's no celebrating in Syria except at the Assad palace.
Country has been bombed into oblivion.
Currency is nearly worthless.
Inflation astronomical.
Fear pervades.
Oliver Cromwell

Accrington, UK

#4 Jul 31, 2013
The SAA is on a roll and there isn't a damn thing those head hacking child killing cannibals can do about it.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#5 Jul 31, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
The SAA is on a roll and there isn't a damn thing those head hacking child killing cannibals can do about it.
The only roll the SAA is on is the one around their bellies, they could not fight their way out of a wet paper bag. They depend on other countries armies to come to their rescue. Apparantly you cannot read, go back to find out what the Assad slaves have taken over and post it please.
William

Warwick, UK

#6 Jul 31, 2013
Syrian refugees are prevented from going back home in the refugee camps in Jordan.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2013/j...
George

Red Deer, Canada

#7 Jul 31, 2013
William wrote:
Syrian refugees are prevented from going back home in the refugee camps in Jordan.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2013/j...
And that surprises you that people do not want to live in a tent for the rest of their lives??? See if you can find a post showing what Assad is offering these people to help them. Hint, it is filed under nothing or rubble.
Oliver Cromwell

Accrington, UK

#8 Jul 31, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
The only roll the SAA is on is the one around their bellies, they could not fight their way out of a wet paper bag. They depend on other countries armies to come to their rescue. Apparantly you cannot read, go back to find out what the Assad slaves have taken over and post it please.
Any help the Syrians have had came in much later in the conflict after those Terrorists had been flooding over the border from Turkey Jordan and Lebanon,the Syrians should have had help much sooner,now its pay back time.
Oliver Cromwell

Accrington, UK

#9 Jul 31, 2013
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/31/sy... The lunatics have even issued a fatwa on my Sunday breakfast,now they really have gone too far.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#10 Jul 31, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Any help the Syrians have had came in much later in the conflict after those Terrorists had been flooding over the border from Turkey Jordan and Lebanon,the Syrians should have had help much sooner,now its pay back time.
If you read the chronological happenings of the war, the Rebels were gaining territory day by day, then Iran sent in troops, then Hezbollah sent in troops and Iraq and so on, now they have a stalemate again, not winning but stale. that tells me that without the jet bombings, helicopter guns, tanks, and missiles the SAA are useless except maybe to be security at Walmart.
Avenger

Hamilton, Canada

#11 Jul 31, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read the chronological happenings of the war, the Rebels were gaining territory day by day, then Iran sent in troops, then Hezbollah sent in troops and Iraq and so on, now they have a stalemate again, not winning but stale. that tells me that without the jet bombings, helicopter guns, tanks, and missiles the SAA are useless except maybe to be security at Walmart.
Yep pretty much
Assad can only rely on his Alawite forces and the radical Shia foreigners coming from Iraq,Lebanon and Iran.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#12 Jul 31, 2013
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep pretty much
Assad can only rely on his Alawite forces and the radical Shia foreigners coming from Iraq,Lebanon and Iran.
I think his paranoia must be overwhelming with so many troops of the SAA being Sunni. He must shudder everytime a jet flies over the palace.
Avenger

Hamilton, Canada

#13 Jul 31, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
I think his paranoia must be overwhelming with so many troops of the SAA being Sunni. He must shudder everytime a jet flies over the palace.
The Sunni pilots would almost certainly be grounded the dictator is not taking a chance like that.
That's why Assad has had so much trouble he can't rely on them while blasting their towns to smithereens and ethnic cleansing.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#14 Jul 31, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
The SAA is on a roll and there isn't a damn thing those head hacking child killing cannibals can do about it.
Those rebel's haven't got a prayer! No those fools are even fighting against each other!!
Cirockone chuckie

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Jul 31, 2013
Assad could now decide where to put his military once he clear the entire place and rebuilt in a way that this wont happened in a long time by destroying the place he could decide how to built and who to put in place so those foreigner fighters won't have a chance next time they try this in his home well done Assad

Since: Nov 12

Sydney, Australia

#16 Jul 31, 2013
Best about boys , will be boys is the conformity to insanity by three people the author of the article George and the Abenger.
The real Avenger abdicated his brain he went spare and an even bigger imbecile took over.
Whose fault is it that the Brotherhoof caught foot and mouth disease from Israel's Netanyahu.?????????
I'll tell you who it was Obama .
Instead of offering them inducements in kind he offered them only with annoyance.
This led to scepticism on the incapacity of the narrow minded bastards, and as we all know a doubting ""dead"" ha, ha,ha, sh*t
is lost with no leader to follow and no helper at hand, or likely to come forward.
Avenger

Hamilton, Canada

#17 Jul 31, 2013
rtloder wrote:
Best about boys , will be boys is the conformity to insanity by three people the author of the article George and the Abenger.
The real Avenger abdicated his brain he went spare and an even bigger imbecile took over.
Whose fault is it that the Brotherhoof caught foot and mouth disease from Israel's Netanyahu.?????????
I'll tell you who it was Obama .
Instead of offering them inducements in kind he offered them only with annoyance.
This led to scepticism on the incapacity of the narrow minded bastards, and as we all know a doubting ""dead"" ha, ha,ha, sh*t
is lost with no leader to follow and no helper at hand, or likely to come forward.
Crazy Muslim the problem with the Middle East is you wackjobs can't stop fighting with each other and your infested with dictatorships.
That's why you moved to the west it's far better.
Neutral

Australia

#18 Jul 31, 2013
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep pretty much
Assad can only rely on his Alawite forces and the radical Shia foreigners coming from Iraq,Lebanon and Iran.
Dear Mr Avenger, I don't think you have a clue of the SAA make up. well over half are Syrian Suni Muslims fighting to defend their country.Thats a fact.
Avenger

Hamilton, Canada

#19 Jul 31, 2013
Neutral wrote:
<quoted text>Dear Mr Avenger, I don't think you have a clue of the SAA make up. well over half are Syrian Suni Muslims fighting to defend their country.Thats a fact.
I have read plenty of articles they are guarded so they don't defect or run away.
The recent SAA offensive is using Hezbollah and Shia forces in large numbers.
Now they have showed up suddenly the SAA is on offensive it's no coincidence.
Avenger

Hamilton, Canada

#20 Jul 31, 2013
4th Armoured Division an elite unit of the Syrian Army.
Alawite formation

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 shot down over Uk... 8 min Dimitri100 1,123
Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) 13 min Allah Hubal etc 44,863
Ukraine parliament ratifies EU pact 36 min UKRAINE in NATO 1
'The War Is Not Over' (Sep '06) 58 min Pizza Pie 276,527
Why Obama must revisit Ho Chi Minh's request? 3 hr bac ky luu phan boi 32
Two years after Benghazi, US wants more time to... 5 hr Righteous 76
ISIS turns to glossy magazine for propaganda 5 hr Da-ish 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Terrorism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••