Syrian president showing renewed conf...

Syrian president showing renewed confidence

There are 35 comments on the Tri-cityherald.com story from May 1, 2013, titled Syrian president showing renewed confidence. In it, Tri-cityherald.com reports that:

His invigorated regime has gone on the offensive - both on the ground and in its portrayal of the conflict as a choice between Assad and the extremists.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tri-cityherald.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Avenger

Kitchener, Canada

#1 May 1, 2013
"I can say, without exaggeration, that the situation in Syria now is better than it was at the beginning of the crisis," Assad said in an interview with state-run broadcaster Al-Ikhbariya on April l7.

It's better now? lol

"This is a game that the Assad regime has perfected by now. They create the problem and then they offer their services to the world to solve that problem," said Randa Slim, a research fellow at the New America Foundation in Washington.

The Syrian dictator is going to save the world by blasting his country to a million pieces?
Oliver Cromwell

Blackpool, UK

#2 May 1, 2013
Avenger wrote:
"I can say, without exaggeration, that the situation in Syria now is better than it was at the beginning of the crisis," Assad said in an interview with state-run broadcaster Al-Ikhbariya on April l7.
It's better now? lol
"This is a game that the Assad regime has perfected by now. They create the problem and then they offer their services to the world to solve that problem," said Randa Slim, a research fellow at the New America Foundation in Washington.
The Syrian dictator is going to save the world by blasting his country to a million pieces?
Thats a well known CIA tactic,create a problem then become part of the solution,and boy have those bastards created problems.
Falcon

UK

#3 May 1, 2013
Avenger wrote:
It's better now? lol
Your so clueless... That would mean he's placed his seat of power in jeopardy for the sake of playing some game.. The US and Israel are lunging at his throat and the sponsored terrorists took out his brother in law, they also made an attempt on the life of Assad's right hand man... The only thing you should be avenging is the person who snatched your brain, though I do applaud you for writing some quantity for once, it must have taken you all day....
Avenger

Kitchener, Canada

#4 May 1, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats a well known CIA tactic,create a problem then become part of the solution,and boy have those bastards created problems.
But Ivan the dictator Assad shot the peaceful protestors in Syria and started the civil war no?
Oliver Cromwell

Blackpool, UK

#5 May 1, 2013
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
But Ivan the dictator Assad shot the peaceful protestors in Syria and started the civil war no?
So you keep saying like a busted record,thats your excuse for two years of savagery by your Terrorist friends,i don't buy it.
Avenger

Kitchener, Canada

#6 May 1, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
So you keep saying like a busted record,thats your excuse for two years of savagery by your Terrorist friends,i don't buy it.
Of course you don't Ivan you live in bubble land where the Arab masses love there dictatorships.
Even though it's quite obvious in countless Arab countries the masses are pissed with there dictatorships.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#7 May 1, 2013
The rebel terrorist's party is coming to an end!
Protect Yourself

Watertown, NY

#8 May 1, 2013
Syrian wrote:
The rebel terrorist's party is coming to an end!
Only a dream.

I believe there is no end to it ever. No matter which direction it goes...

Say the rebels give up and Assad just remains. There is little chance that all of those people and any family in cross border refugee camps will just be re-accepted into society.
Alqueda will continue random attacks.
The West vs East coldness will remain with Syria.

Now lets say the rebels win & Russia pulls out. Elections can go in any direction and it could just turn like Egypt of last year.
If the new government becomes western in any way, Alqueda will turn on it and will again just continue random attacks.
What are the odds that the country will really be accepted then by Russia, USA and China? very little I'm sure.

If Assad is assassinated then the dice roll. Anything can happen but very little chance that it will just bring an end to it all.

The only ways I see Syria becoming peaceful is if all agree on splitting up the land and if all are happy with their area... in other words... NEVER. Otherwise Assad has to step down/pass away AND Alqueda would need globally defeated .. Again... NEVER.

Much like the Israel/Palestine issue it may take decades or centuries of failed talks, senseless killings by both sides before even considering being peaceful again.

It all again shows the weakness of any countries borders. Even world powers cannot stop insurgency in a country the size of New York state (Syria). It can only just barely curb it in a country the size of New York City (Israel).

GnA

Australia

#9 May 2, 2013
The God of Israel said "The Royal power of damascus will come to an end"

Believe it.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#10 May 2, 2013
Protect Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>Only a dream.
I believe there is no end to it ever. No matter which direction it goes...
Say the rebels give up and Assad just remains. There is little chance that all of those people and any family in cross border refugee camps will just be re-accepted into society.
Alqueda will continue random attacks.
The West vs East coldness will remain with Syria.
Now lets say the rebels win & Russia pulls out. Elections can go in any direction and it could just turn like Egypt of last year.
If the new government becomes western in any way, Alqueda will turn on it and will again just continue random attacks.
What are the odds that the country will really be accepted then by Russia, USA and China? very little I'm sure.
If Assad is assassinated then the dice roll. Anything can happen but very little chance that it will just bring an end to it all.
The only ways I see Syria becoming peaceful is if all agree on splitting up the land and if all are happy with their area... in other words... NEVER. Otherwise Assad has to step down/pass away AND Alqueda would need globally defeated .. Again... NEVER.
Much like the Israel/Palestine issue it may take decades or centuries of failed talks, senseless killings by both sides before even considering being peaceful again.
It all again shows the weakness of any countries borders. Even world powers cannot stop insurgency in a country the size of New York state (Syria). It can only just barely curb it in a country the size of New York City (Israel).
So you are basically saying that no matter what happens, there can be no good outcome??
Lattakia, Syria

#11 May 2, 2013
Avenger wrote:
It's better now? lol
Baby Scavenger..it shows that Assad can play better than you. At least, he is showing himself in public; while you hide PC and play the bum worthless Hero
Lattakia, Syria

#12 May 2, 2013
GnA wrote:
The God of Israel said "The Royal power of damascus will come to an end"
Believe it.
Who is this God of Israel..is it the one that sent you to Hell ??/
holly israel

Hod Hasharon, Israel

#13 May 2, 2013
Post wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is this God of Israel..is it the one that sent you to Hell ??/
no animal... thats the god who make you kill each other !!!!
holly israel

Hod Hasharon, Israel

#14 May 2, 2013
Written in the Torah ... Work of the righteous is done by others!
William

Neath, UK

#15 May 2, 2013
And he has never lost his confidence when every one around him are loosing their heads,just to prove that his people want him to stay,no matter how much Qatar is willing to spend on arming insurgents,Alas the grass root revolutionist have disappeared long time ago.
orion

Cape Town, South Africa

#16 May 2, 2013
William wrote:
And he has never lost his confidence when every one around him are loosing their heads,just to prove that his people want him to stay,no matter how much Qatar is willing to spend on arming insurgents,Alas the grass root revolutionist have disappeared long time ago.
I have a feeling that all those Jihadists are sent to Syria to be slaughtered to get rid the Middle East of their presence. That is why the kings and emirs support them. Napoleon invaded Europe to get rid to the rabble of the revolution, those who want to fight. They ended on the battle fields of Europe and the same now on the battle fields of Syria. The revolution must always eat its children. If not it will poison the future.
Samin

Ashburn, VA

#17 May 2, 2013
orion wrote:
<quoted text>I have a feeling that all those Jihadists are sent to Syria to be slaughtered to get rid the Middle East of their presence. That is why the kings and emirs support them. Napoleon invaded Europe to get rid to the rabble of the revolution, those who want to fight. They ended on the battle fields of Europe and the same now on the battle fields of Syria. The revolution must always eat its children. If not it will poison the future.
Yeah partialy you are right. But those criminal thugs like Fsa and alqaeda are supported by qatrarist and western devils inshallah are going to die in syria at the hand of mighty syrian army..Bashar al asad commitments will be fulfill by allah as he is a patriot who loves his motherland very much. The loves showed by myrtyered syrian army will stay alive with each and every syrian forever. May allah bless syrian army.
Falcon

UK

#18 May 2, 2013
orion wrote:
<quoted text>I have a feeling that all those Jihadists are sent to Syria to be slaughtered to get rid the Middle East of their presence. That is why the kings and emirs support them. Napoleon invaded Europe to get rid to the rabble of the revolution, those who want to fight. They ended on the battle fields of Europe and the same now on the battle fields of Syria. The revolution must always eat its children. If not it will poison the future.
That's an interesting point Orion, although it seems a bit far fetched but anything is possible... It seems like a case where an extraordinary amount of them are being slaughtered.. The US is hell bent on taken Iran and Syria is a stumbling block, unless assad falls its going to be a mammoth task getting their bloody hands even bloodier in Iran.. I think they would choose letting a few terrorists out of the bag and even sponsor them to create a chance of a fallen and destroyed Syria than have a nuclear threat from Iran...
Oliver Cromwell

Blackburn, UK

#19 May 2, 2013
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you don't Ivan you live in bubble land where the Arab masses love there dictatorships.
Even though it's quite obvious in countless Arab countries the masses are pissed with there dictatorships.
They are pissed off with those Fat depraved Saudi Pigs,but we support them.
Avenger

Kitchener, Canada

#20 May 2, 2013
Oliver Cromwell wrote:
<quoted text>
They are pissed off with those Fat depraved Saudi Pigs,but we support them.
Keep lying Ivan it's what you do best.
Arab masses are tired of there lousy dictatorships they revolted and are demanding change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 20 min Ronald 2,945
News Irish president warns of extremism Jul 27 James 1
News US authorities allege Oregon imam assisted radi... Jul 23 goonsquad 13
News Ukraine film director goes on trial in Russia Jul 22 George 26
News Top 10 signs America has been hijacked by liber... Jul 19 bile child 2
News Tennessee Shooter Was 'Upset' by Gaza War, Frie... Jul 18 Zeppelin 1
News The Postman knocks twice: Stop rewarding Hamas Jul 17 USA Today 1
More from around the web