Militant rise galvanizes Assad's camp...

Militant rise galvanizes Assad's camp in Syria war

There are 84 comments on the KHOU-TV Houston story from Dec 13, 2013, titled Militant rise galvanizes Assad's camp in Syria war. In it, KHOU-TV Houston reports that:

Ahmed Luay's second-eldest son, a soldier in the Syrian army, fell in battle with rebels just over a month ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KHOU-TV Houston.

Syrian

Waterford, CT

#68 Dec 18, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Why doesn't Assad the terrorist show up at the UN meetings???
Those rebel bastards are the ones who refuse to even come to the table!! Don't your AlQaeda terrorist pals like the UN?
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#69 Dec 18, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
You are stuck to the past habits of the West deciding which leader leaves, and when. This time Russia and China decided that the time is ripe for the West to learn, that all countries have sovereignty guaranteed to them by the UN Charter. That implies that the West will have to learn to respect 'right to sovereignty' rule of the International Law. May be you can learn that too.
Exactly!!! Very well said!!
d pantz

United States

#71 Dec 25, 2013
Avenger wrote:
<quoted text>
Dictator Assad created the disaster treating his own citizens like crap shooting them and look what happens Crummy.
Shame they have such rotten dictatorships.
the police kill hundreds of citizens in the united states, more than terrorists do.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#72 Dec 26, 2013
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> the police kill hundreds of citizens in the united states, more than terrorists do.
LOL!!!
George

Red Deer, Canada

#73 Dec 27, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Those rebel bastards are the ones who refuse to even come to the table!! Don't your AlQaeda terrorist pals like the UN?
You do know that it was the Rebels or protestors that wanted meetings and Assad was the one who said he would not negotiate with people that do not follow his direction. This was long before there were al queda, which if you did read any history you will learn that Assad the Terrorist is the one that turned them loose in Syria to organize al queda forces.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#74 Dec 27, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that it was the Rebels or protestors that wanted meetings and Assad was the one who said he would not negotiate with people that do not follow his direction. This was long before there were al queda, which if you did read any history you will learn that Assad the Terrorist is the one that turned them loose in Syria to organize al queda forces.
Pure BULLCHIT!!! Those rebel morons refused to negotiate unless Assad agreed to leave first! Bunch of idiotic delusional fools.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#75 Dec 27, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Pure BULLCHIT!!! Those rebel morons refused to negotiate unless Assad agreed to leave first! Bunch of idiotic delusional fools.
You really do not understand English do you??? The original protestors did not say anything about Assad leaving, however you believe what you want.
Chris

Thornton, Canada

#76 Dec 27, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
You really do not understand English do you??? The original protestors did not say anything about Assad leaving, however you believe what you want.
There were no original protesters! This is the CIA design for Libya, Egypt, and Syria; and each developed differently, but all had the same purpose: to trigger the conflict, and end up with the Regime Change.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#77 Dec 27, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
There were no original protesters! This is the CIA design for Libya, Egypt, and Syria; and each developed differently, but all had the same purpose: to trigger the conflict, and end up with the Regime Change.
Oh brother and you walk around the house with tin foil hats as well, I am sure. Those are like the comments during the 60's when anyone with an opinion was a communist in the US. When you make comments like that it puts you in the category of the conspiracy theorists unless you have links supporting your opinion.
mxlplx

Waterbury, VT

#78 Dec 27, 2013
There were original and legitimate protesters but they were quickly sidelined by foreign and domestic islamic extremists heavily funded and enabled by their host states and by Western, mainly US, interests in fanning the Syrian flames in the hopes of countering the chain of events initiated in nearby Iraq by overseeing a Shi'ite rise to governance. Israel, well - they had their own agenda which was effectively intertwined with US interests specific to certain political circles.

Besides the majority of Syrians themselves, the losers have been to date, the original protesters, certain political ideologies entrenched in the US and Israel and the host states of the middle east that have found themselves in an uncomfortable position of both a potential blowback for extremist support from their native populations (i.e Turkey and Egypt) and from the extremists themselves, upon returning from Syria or by simple synergistic appeal.(extremism as a virus transcending borders)

The only winners to date have been the practitioners of salafist sophistry sitting on the Saudi and GS thrones and only because Washington refuses to handle them with anything but kid gloves and finds it easier to share their delusions of control over the salafist extremist menace they in large part have purposely unleashed.
mxlplx

Waterbury, VT

#79 Dec 27, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
George should study the events leading to the Russian revolution of 1917 and the rise of Bolshevism to understand what may lie ahead for Syria but I doubt he's equipped to understand the analogy let alone understand its consequences.

I'm sure he'll reply with a comment about what Bolshevism has to do with the drive for an Islamic Caliphate. LOL
George

United States

#80 Dec 27, 2013
What do islamic caliphates have to do with Syria?
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#82 Dec 28, 2013
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!!!!
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#83 Dec 28, 2013
mxlplx wrote:
There were original and legitimate protesters but they were quickly sidelined by foreign and domestic islamic extremists heavily funded and enabled by their host states and by Western, mainly US, interests in fanning the Syrian flames in the hopes of countering the chain of events initiated in nearby Iraq by overseeing a Shi'ite rise to governance. Israel, well - they had their own agenda which was effectively intertwined with US interests specific to certain political circles.
Besides the majority of Syrians themselves, the losers have been to date, the original protesters, certain political ideologies entrenched in the US and Israel and the host states of the middle east that have found themselves in an uncomfortable position of both a potential blowback for extremist support from their native populations (i.e Turkey and Egypt) and from the extremists themselves, upon returning from Syria or by simple synergistic appeal.(extremism as a virus transcending borders)
The only winners to date have been the practitioners of salafist sophistry sitting on the Saudi and GS thrones and only because Washington refuses to handle them with anything but kid gloves and finds it easier to share their delusions of control over the salafist extremist menace they in large part have purposely unleashed.
Excellent post.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#84 Dec 28, 2013
mxlplx wrote:
<quoted text>
George should study the events leading to the Russian revolution of 1917 and the rise of Bolshevism to understand what may lie ahead for Syria but I doubt he's equipped to understand the analogy let alone understand its consequences.
I'm sure he'll reply with a comment about what Bolshevism has to do with the drive for an Islamic Caliphate. LOL
Why, this site is about Syria, or did you forget?
George

Red Deer, Canada

#85 Dec 28, 2013
mxlplx wrote:
Well if that is your belief, I can understand why you have a twisted version of the outcomes and why your bum buddies follow you with tongues hanging, you all wear the tin hats and run around your house waiting for the next download of information. Any update on Elvis yet?
mxlplx

Waterbury, VT

#86 Dec 28, 2013
Very intelligent rebuttal, Georgie. One of your best to date, in fact. LOL
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#87 Dec 28, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I forgot, the West gave them weapons and money with the hope they could topple the government in a week. When they got their azzes handed to them, those morons decided that they needed to demand that Assad leave before they would even talk! Completely idiotic strategy.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#88 Dec 28, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Oh I forgot, the West gave them weapons and money with the hope they could topple the government in a week. When they got their azzes handed to them, those morons decided that they needed to demand that Assad leave before they would even talk! Completely idiotic strategy.
Seems to be working so far, have you seen Assad making any appearances anywhere?? Do you think he will be in Geneva to represent a country that does not want him? I think he will not show up because he is in fear of being arrested and held to stand trial or victim of a bullet from one of his loyal servents, what do you think, not much of a leader if you ask me. I mean what kind of leader hides in his palace and has everything delivered to him and all he does is give orders to kill more of his Syrian civilians, ya gotta be pretty dark souled to be loyal to him.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#89 Dec 28, 2013
Syrian wrote:
<quoted text> Oh I forgot, the West gave them weapons and money with the hope they could topple the government in a week. When they got their azzes handed to them, those morons decided that they needed to demand that Assad leave before they would even talk! Completely idiotic strategy.
You really have no idea of the chronological order of how the Civil War came to be, do you? Go ahead do some reading but keep you mind open and accept facts as they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Osama Bin Laden reportedly calls Obama 'powerle... (Sep '09) 22 hr lying news media 75
News President Trump: 'It's Time For Congress To Ado... Mon Raydot 7
Secrets about 9/11 Dec 8 TomCat 1
News WTC beam giving strength to Marion (Sep '11) Dec 6 Fed Up 43
News Bin Laden Reportedly Calls Obama 'Powerless' (Sep '09) Nov 30 Johnny 28
News Being overweight may be caused by the clock in ... (Mar '17) Nov 27 SSWOI 41
News 'The War Is Not Over' (Sep '06) Nov '17 crusty 276,627
More from around the web