Few Chechen immigrants make it to U.S.

Apr 19, 2013 Full story: The Reporter 51

There are probably fewer than about 200 Chechen immigrants in the United States, and most of them are settled in the Boston area, as many U.S. cities have refused to accept asylum applicants from the war-torn area of southern Russia, says Glen Howard, president of the Jamestown Foundation.

Full Story
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#23 Apr 21, 2013
M_A_X_I_M wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL!
I would say Chechens are well known peaceful people.
Of course you say so. No wonder you are russian putinist.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#24 Apr 21, 2013
Famous Last Words wrote:
"Chechens are a war-like tribe that any world power would love to have at their beckoned call.
The Brits have the Gurkhas and by all rights, Americans should have such a class of mercenaries as well. Unfortunately, Saudi Arabia got to them first.
But we tried."
Written by Alexander Haig just before he died.
America should adopt them and give them a chance. Chechens fits with americans better than with russian.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#25 Apr 21, 2013
moonshine

Brunswick, ME

#26 Apr 21, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you say so. No wonder you are russian putinist.
I had no idea that Putin was 200 years old.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#27 Apr 21, 2013
moonshine wrote:
<quoted text>
I had no idea that Putin was 200 years old.
Putin is using zarist politic methods from more than 300 years on them.

Since: May 08

Kiev-Moscow-St.Peterburg

#28 Apr 22, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you say so. No wonder you are russian putinist.
You're Chechen maniac are going to commit terrorist attack.

German police should to detain you ASAP!

Since: May 08

Kiev-Moscow-St.Peterburg

#29 Apr 22, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin is using zarist politic methods from more than 300 years on them.
Do you live in a camp as a refugee?
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#30 Apr 22, 2013
M_A_X_I_M wrote:
<quoted text>
You're Chechen maniac are going to commit terrorist attack.
German police should to detain you ASAP!
Not real bright are ye?
Anonymous

Brewster, NY

#31 Apr 22, 2013
200 Chechens in the U.S!?

2 of them are terrorist bombers who injued over 100 people.

Yeah... Good track record with Chechens in the U.S.

“Trust no one in politics.”

Since: Apr 08

Pompano Beach, FL

#32 Apr 22, 2013
Goldman Sachs Zyd Leeches wrote:
200 Chechens in the U.S!?

2 of them are terrorist bombers who injued over 100 people.

Yeah... Good track record with Chechens in the U.S.
Too bad the INS let Limpy's family in. When it comes to spewing insanely racist drivel...
well

Hamilton, Canada

#33 Apr 22, 2013
Those two losers should have attacked Moscow, not Boston.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#34 Apr 22, 2013
well wrote:
Those two losers should have attacked Moscow, not Boston.
So you support international terrorism... just not against Boston?

They should ship you off to Guantanamo.
well

Hamilton, Canada

#35 Apr 22, 2013
Joisey Abe wrote:
<quoted text>
So you support international terrorism... just not against Boston?
They should ship you off to Guantanamo.
Chechens fighting against Russia isn't called terrorism. It's called self defense.

Crimes of War - Chechnya
http://www.crimesofwar.org/a-z-guide/chechnya...

“In the cockles of weirdness”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#36 Apr 22, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>Chechens fighting against Russia isn't called terrorism. It's called self defense.
http://www.topix.com/forum/world/russia/T3QVA...

http://www.topix.com/forum/world/russia/T3QVA...

This unique characteristic has resulted in a trend towards blurring the distinction between organized crime and terrorists groups and has confused many observers as to the Obshina's overall motivations. It is still not entirely clear whether they are more interested in creating an independent nation-state or in perpetuating regional instability so that they might continue to profit from the drug trade and other criminal activities.
abc

United States

#37 Apr 23, 2013
well is an albanian kosovar and for him an independent state is synonymous with a narcomafia state. Self defense for him is when some pimp or pusher tries to move in on your territory.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#39 Apr 26, 2013
Chechens: You are not welcome in America. Hopefully, Mr. Putin will have occasion to visit you chemical weapons.

Since: Apr 13

Russia

#40 Apr 26, 2013
So now I know where I don`t want to go when I`m in USA.

I don`t have any illusions about Yanks, they associate Russians with Chechens and backwards.

I guess local people will consider Russians as bombers from now.

Since: Apr 13

Russia

#42 Apr 26, 2013
Faith wrote:
Chechens: You are not welcome in America. Hopefully, Mr. Putin will have occasion to visit you chemical weapons.
That would be easier for Putin to do if American officials would stop to advocate Chechenian angels.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#43 Apr 26, 2013
Russian Ubermensch wrote:
So now I know where I don`t want to go when I`m in USA.
I don`t have any illusions about Yanks, they associate Russians with Chechens and backwards.
I guess local people will consider Russians as bombers from now.
We don't confuse Russians with muslims and we never have.
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#44 Apr 26, 2013
Russian Ubermensch wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be easier for Putin to do if American officials would stop to advocate Chechenian angels.
Stop spewing your russian propaganda on this thread you russian monkey.The russian were never angels.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A foreign policy based on Lies and Fabrications 44 min KaLiagame 6
Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) 55 min Serpent 46,067
We'll murder police, says Real IRA (Apr '11) 3 hr DSSC 219
Ukraine Needs New Security Guarantees 8 hr UKRAINE in NATO 39
Cheney again defends interrogation techniques 14 hr Le Jimbo 420
Without help, Libya could become next Syria, fo... Sat pizza pie 2
Obama: We're not at cyber war with North Korea Sat barefoot2626 39
More from around the web