'The War Is Not Over'

'The War Is Not Over'

There are 276672 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Sep 12, 2006, titled 'The War Is Not Over'. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

crusty

Bangor, ME

#291511 Aug 31, 2014
MoreLogicalThanYou wrote:
<quoted text>
What a fatuous, asinine remark. Had you been sufficiently literate to read and understand my posts, it would have been obvious to you that the USA can be in no position to complain about the consequences of its own imperialistic vandalism, having destroyed an Iranian democratic system that was more enlightened than either successor regime. I also made it perfectly clear that the USA has been or still is associated with Sharia promoting, Islamic extremists in Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, and Syria, where until a few weeks ago it was supporting the now toxic ISIS rabble, against a SECULAR regime. After imposing the secular regime of Saddam Hussein on Iraqis, your country then deposed him, creating a vacuum for your erstwhile ISIS allies to fill. Your country should just stop interfering and promoting Sharia law in the region altogether. Fundamentalists would probably have less success there as a consequence, but even if they remained able to impose their will in the Middle East, that would be the Middle East's own concern. It still wouldn't be any of your country's business, and if it can get on with the Saudi extremists to such a revoltingly close degree, it could peacefully coexist with any likely government if it actually wanted to.
Were you not so pathologically ignorant and arrogant you would have realised that your country has been the cause of, so far from being the solution to, the vast majority of post Cold-War problems. Were you not so pathologically hypocritical, you would realise that it is in no position to lecture others on human rights in the first place.
Nightshift?

----------
Yes~ toxic isissy rabble

i agree
ABs

Atlanta, GA

#291512 Sep 1, 2014
<quoted text>
What a fatuous, asinine remark. Had you been sufficiently literate to read and understand my posts, it would have been obvious to you that the USA can be in no position to complain about the consequences of its own imperialistic vandalism, having destroyed an Iranian democratic system that was more enlightened than either successor regime. I also made it perfectly clear that the USA has been or still is associated with Sharia promoting, Islamic extremists in Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, and Syria, where until a few weeks ago it was supporting the now toxic ISIS rabble, against a SECULAR regime. After imposing the secular regime of Saddam Hussein on Iraqis, your country then deposed him, creating a vacuum for your erstwhile ISIS allies to fill. Your country should just stop interfering and promoting Sharia law in the region altogether. Fundamentalists would probably have less success there as a consequence, but even if they remained able to impose their will in the Middle East, that would be the Middle East's own concern. It still wouldn't be any of your country's business, and if it can get on with the Saudi extremists to such a revoltingly close degree, it could peacefully coexist with any likely government if it actually wanted to.
Were you not so pathologically ignorant and arrogant you would have realised that your country has been the cause of, so far from being the solution to, the vast majority of post Cold-War problems. Were you not so pathologically hypocritical, you would realise that it is in no position to lecture others on human rights in the first place.
So glad you got it all figured out, all evils of the world evial satan USA fault...So then you enjoyed the beheading video, yes?
ABs

Atlanta, GA

#291513 Sep 1, 2014
One thing is a certainty, you are not a woman in a muslim nation...they are not allowed to b*tch...or display their satanic causing hair in public or it could cause some poor ignorant allah worshipping boy to sin
crusty

Bangor, ME

#291514 Sep 1, 2014
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
So glad you got it all figured out, all evils of the world evial satan USA fault...So then you enjoyed the beheading video, yes?
I'm guessing he/she is just another hypocrite taking advantage of all Nato and the west have to offer.
crusty

Bangor, ME

#291515 Sep 1, 2014
<quoted text>
Have you read any history on how your pal Saddam actually came to power in Iraq?

Your typical middeastern bloodbath~complete with coups and murder.

After the Ba'athists took power in 1968, Saddam focused on attaining stability in a nation riddled with profound tensions. Long before Saddam, Iraq had been split along social, ethnic, religious, and economic fault lines: Sunni versus Shi'ite, Arab versus Kurd, tribal chief versus urban merchant, nomad versus peasant. The desire for stable rule in a country rife with factionalism led Saddam to pursue both massive repression and the improvement of living standards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein#R...

As I've said many times Saddam sure knew who to slaughter to keep them from slaughtering.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#291517 Sep 1, 2014
crusty wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing he/she is just another hypocrite taking advantage of all Nato and the west have to offer.
Huh? It appears you’re the one lacking awareness with history! In the greatest and most devastating terror attack, in the history of the world, hundreds of thousands of civilians perished in a split second. Some 13 square kilometers of the two cities were obliterated with two bombs dropped from the air. Since 1945, tens of thousands more residents of the two cities have continued to suffer and die from radiation-induced cancers, birth defects and stillbirths. Never mind Saddam Hussein ...
spocko

Oakland, CA

#291518 Sep 1, 2014
crusty wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you read any history on how your pal Saddam actually came to power in Iraq?
After the Ba'athists took power in 1968, Saddam focused on attaining stability in a nation riddled with profound tensions. Long before Saddam, Iraq had been split along social, ethnic, religious, and economic fault lines: Sunni versus Shi'ite, Arab versus Kurd, tribal chief versus urban merchant, nomad versus peasant. The desire for stable rule in a country rife with factionalism led Saddam to pursue both massive repression and the improvement of living standards.
As I've said many times Saddam sure knew who to slaughter to keep them from slaughtering.
Huh? It appears you’re the one lacking awareness with history! In the greatest and most devastating terror attack, in the history of the world, hundreds of thousands of civilians perished in a split second. Some 13 square kilometers of the two cities were obliterated with two bombs dropped from the air. Since 1945, tens of thousands more residents of the two cities have continued to suffer and die from radiation-induced cancers, birth defects and stillbirths. Never mind Saddam Hussein ...
crusty

Bangor, ME

#291519 Sep 1, 2014
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>Huh? It appears you’re the one lacking awareness with history! In the greatest and most devastating terror attack, in the history of the world, hundreds of thousands of civilians perished in a split second. Some 13 square kilometers of the two cities were obliterated with two bombs dropped from the air. Since 1945, tens of thousands more residents of the two cities have continued to suffer and die from radiation-induced cancers, birth defects and stillbirths. Never mind Saddam Hussein ...
Yes that was a devastating attack. Do you think you could calculate the number of lives that attack saved?

A conventional invasion of mainland Japan would have cost how many lives on both sides? Can you give me your best honest estimate?

The firebombing of Tokyo was close to 100000.

Also, are you more than a bit saddened at our victory over Japan?
spocko

Oakland, CA

#291520 Sep 1, 2014
crusty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that was a devastating attack. Do you think you could calculate the number of lives that attack saved?
A conventional invasion of mainland Japan would have cost how many lives on both sides? Can you give me your best honest estimate?
The firebombing of Tokyo was close to 100000.
Also, are you more than a bit saddened at our victory over Japan?
Yes we know, it's the standard excuse and justification by the US Gov't ... ridiculous!
spocko

Oakland, CA

#291521 Sep 1, 2014
Kearney wrote:
Bush's War will not be over until Bush is out of office. Whosoever follows Bish whether Republican or Democrat can make the appropriate changes to correct Bush mistakes by blaming Bush. He most certainly will be blamed as it will be politically expedient to do so in order to regain World Respect for the USA. Of course, Dems would blame harder since the mirror reflection upon them is not strong in reality.
One thing the new administration should do is drop the "war on terror" terminology. That just incites a erroneous methodology for military solution. What is required in international cooperation and diplomacy. I ho0pe an internationl anti terrorist police force of some kind will be formed.
Thank god, only two more years of this moron.
Since the United States was founded in 1776, she has been at war during 214 out of her 235 calendar years of existence. In other words, there were only 21 calendar years in which the U.S. did not wage any wars.

* Pick any year since 1776 and there is about a 91% chance that America was involved in some war during that calendar year.

* No U.S. president truly qualifies as a peacetime president. Instead, all U.S. presidents can technically be considered “war presidents.”

* The U.S. has never gone a decade without war.

* The only time the U.S. went five years without war (1935-40) was during the isolationist period of the Great Depression.

Since: Aug 14

Location hidden

#291522 Sep 2, 2014
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and properly read what I wrote, if you are capable of doing so...I have repeatedly stated that the ISIS hand and head choppers were sponsored, until just a few weeks ago, by none other than the USA and its North American Terrorist Organisation (NATO) minions. The 'Islamist loving lefties' were telling you all along what a bad idea such a connection was, just like they condemn your country's other alliance with the religious extremists of Saudi Arabia. The moral is simple : the North American Terrorist Organisation should GET OUT and STAY OUT of the Middle East.

Location hidden

#291523 Sep 2, 2014
crusty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I actually do know (far more than you) about how YOUR COUNTRY'S OWN pal Saddam Hussein came to power, and then kept it. Saddam Hussein was installed in power, and then kept in power, BY THE USA ITSELF. The North American Terrorist Organisation supported Saddam Hussein whilst he gassed his own people and whilst he waged war against Iran (where democracy had already been destroyed by the USA). All the while the 'lefties' were the ones condemning your country's alliance with Hussein. Finally the USA told him that it would not be an issue if he then invaded Kuwait, and may even have simultaneously encouraged Kuwait to provoke him into doing so. When he did invade Kuwait, the USA was thus enabled to have another decade or two of war and sanctions in Iraq.

Location hidden

#291524 Sep 2, 2014
crusty wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary, the connection with the USA is an ever increasing liability to its minion states, in the West as well as the Middle East. Involvement in your country's irrational and completely counterproductive global aggression is severely undermining its allies economically, reducing them to bankruptcy. Think of the EU farmers who are destroying their crops because the USA has pressurised their countries into imposing sanctions on their Russian customers. So do not have the audacity to talk of 'advantages'. Just wait for Putin to cut off the gas supply!!!

Location hidden

#291525 Sep 2, 2014
crusty wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not on "democracy" but how about on Sharia?
And if you prefer the combination of dictatorship WITHOUT sharia law, to the combination of dictatorship WITH sharia law, your country and its minions should not have been supporting the religious extremist ISIS rabble against Syria's SECULAR regime. The 'Islamist loving lefties' were telling you so all along. But glad to see that you have finally caught up with us (ever so slightly, anyway). Now your country should accept some more advice from 'Islamist loving lefties' and abandon its nauseating friendship with the Saudi Arabian sharia state.
Your country should GET OUT of the Middle East and STAY OUT.
Come to that, it should GET OUT of Europe and STAY OUT just for good measure.
It's not just the Middle Easterners and Russians who are utterly sick and tired of the irrational, self-contradictory, bullying conduct of your appalling, hypocritical country. It is the majority of people the world over, who want no political association between their countries and your own rogue state : with the possible exception of that terrorist, expansionist, apartheid outpost of yours.

Location hidden

#291526 Sep 2, 2014
The USA's cyber war against the privacy of millions upon millions of people across the globe will never be over, either.
Pizza Pie

Stafford, VA

#291527 Sep 2, 2014
So another beheading. $250 million worth of bombs and drone strikes to their heads. At least 5,000 of their heads should be blown to bits
Pizza Pie

Stafford, VA

#291528 Sep 2, 2014
Israel doesn't put up with shit. Nor should we
Pizza Pie

Stafford, VA

#291529 Sep 2, 2014
Take a few slices out of their pie

Location hidden

#291530 Sep 2, 2014
Pizza Pie wrote:
Israel doesn't put up with shit. Nor should we
Except that it was your country that was until very recently supporting ISIS against Assad's SECULAR regime, just as it supported Islamic extremists against the 'Islamist loving commies' in 1980s Afghanistan, and just as your country is still in revoltingly close collusion with the Saudi Arabian home of Sharia Law.
A bit of advice for your country : GET OUT of the Middle East and STAY OUT.
It's no concern of your country what happens there.
Stopthemadness

Ireland

#291531 Sep 2, 2014
George bush jr. started this if he never invaded Iran, thousands of soldiers would have went home, no major terrorist groups except al queada, no executions, no massacres, billions of dollars of taxpayer money not wasted and NO wars in the Middle East except for other terrorist groups and he also executed gadaffi when he did nothing. America wants to take over all the oil and Middle East has the most so they attacked that really why not because of nuclear weapons they knew that they wouldn't have weapons and they were wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 6 min UruEuWauWau 1,749
News Why the Confederate flag still flies in South C... Jun 24 jimmy dean 3
News IS and the IRA - a comparison Jun 23 LJC 5
News Adding Poland to Visa Waiver Program Invites Mo... Jun 22 wild child 1
News GOP presidential hopeful Ben Carson: Close all ... Jun 19 swedenforever 4
News Militant rise galvanizes Assad's camp in Syria war (Dec '13) Jun 17 Zeppelin 84
News Israel 'gagged reports' Sotloff was its citizen Jun 17 bevdogpoo Hughes 8
More from around the web