'The War Is Not Over'

'The War Is Not Over'

There are 276629 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Sep 12, 2006, titled 'The War Is Not Over'. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

crusty

Lewiston, ME

#291567 Sep 14, 2014
John_Schuylkill County_Pa wrote:
Underneath "The War is Over" headline " "President Bush led the nation" says it all!
President Obama is fighting in Iraq and quite possibly Syria~ soon....is he fighting President Bush's war?

"Bush's War will not be over until Bush is out of office."

.......declaring there would be no involvement of U.S. combat troops – even though some are currently in the country

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2014/08/09/o...

wishy washy iness appears to be a lib thing
crusty

Lewiston, ME

#291568 Sep 14, 2014
Washington (AFP)- The White House declared Friday the United States was at war with Islamic State radicals

hmmm

what would Kearney say?

One thing the new administration should do is drop the "war on terror" terminology. That just incites a erroneous methodology for military solution.
juz wondering

Oakland, CA

#291569 Sep 14, 2014
crusty wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama is fighting in Iraq and quite possibly Syria~ soon....is he fighting President Bush's war?
"Bush's War will not be over until Bush is out of office."
.......declaring there would be no involvement of U.S. combat troops – even though some are currently in the country
http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2014/08/09/o...
wishy washy iness appears to be a lib thing
At the end of 2004, more than half of all Americans and 80 percent of republicans, believed that there had been weapons of mass destruction in Iraq — the principal LIE of Cheney/Bush’s war of choice there — despite the fact that numerous widely publicized bipartisan and international reports had definitively shown that no such weapons existed. This stubborn refusal to face the facts about Iraq continues today for millions of Americans mostly among right-wingers. Is not a curious thing how the right is seemingly incapable of grasping the difference between fact and opinion?

America is changing and conservatives are freaking out over issues such as Latino immigration, gay marriage, the construction of mosques, legalization of pot, a two term black guy in White House, just to name a few. This, of course, explains their whining –“we want our country back!”
juz wondering

Oakland, CA

#291570 Sep 14, 2014
crusty wrote:
Washington (AFP)- The White House declared Friday the United States was at war with Islamic State radicals
hmmm
what would Kearney say?
One thing the new administration should do is drop the "war on terror" terminology. That just incites a erroneous methodology for military solution.
Military solutions such as "Shock n' Awe"?
The White House has cited the 2001 military authorization Congress issued to Gdub to attack any country, any group or people who planned, authorized, committed or aided the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Earnest on Thursday described the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force as one that Obama "believes continues to apply to this terrorist organization that is operating in Iraq and Syria. It obviously does. Good job wing nuts ... now be outraged over another Bush policy that you blame on the black guy... cause fox tells you so!

“Twoof, a true act of ignorance”

Since: Jun 09

Canada

#291571 Sep 14, 2014
crusty wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Mr Hat!

sPammy rides on!!!!!

Good to hear from you.
Hey crusty!

Hope all is well with you and yours:)
crusty

Lewiston, ME

#291572 Sep 14, 2014
juz wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
At the end of 2004, more than half of all Americans and 80 percent of republicans, believed that there had been weapons of mass destruction in Iraq — the principal LIE of Cheney/Bush’s war of choice there — despite the fact that numerous widely publicized bipartisan and international reports had definitively shown that no such weapons existed. This stubborn refusal to face the facts about Iraq continues today for millions of Americans mostly among right-wingers. Is not a curious thing how the right is seemingly incapable of grasping the difference between fact and opinion?
America is changing and conservatives are freaking out over issues such as Latino immigration, gay marriage, the construction of mosques, legalization of pot, a two term black guy in White House, just to name a few. This, of course, explains their whining –“we want our country back!”
It sounds as if you are in agreement with the current President's current war fighting in Iraq,(even tho bush proved once and for all that there were no wmds in Iraq).

Is this true?
juz wondering

Oakland, CA

#291573 Sep 14, 2014
crusty wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds as if you are in agreement with the current President's current war fighting in Iraq,(even tho bush proved once and for all that there were no wmds in Iraq).
Is this true?
Now that is quite the underhanded statement ... I must question your sincerity if not your sanity!
John_Schuylkill County_Pa

Sunbury, PA

#291574 Sep 14, 2014
juz wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
At the end of 2004, more than half of all Americans and 80 percent of republicans, believed that there had been weapons of mass destruction in Iraq — the principal LIE of Cheney/Bush&#146;s war of choice there — despite the fact that numerous widely publicized bipartisan and international reports had definitively shown that no such weapons existed. This stubborn refusal to face the facts about Iraq continues today for millions of Americans mostly among right-wingers. Is not a curious thing how the right is seemingly incapable of grasping the difference between fact and opinion?
Really? Must be a Democratic thingy

Sunbury, PA

#291575 Sep 14, 2014
juz wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Military solutions such as "Shock n' Awe"?
The White House has cited the 2001 military authorization Congress issued to Gdub to attack any country, any group or people who planned, authorized, committed or aided the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Earnest on Thursday described the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force as one that Obama "believes continues to apply to this terrorist organization that is operating in Iraq and Syria. It obviously does. Good job wing nuts ... now be outraged over another Bush policy that you blame on the black guy... cause fox tells you so!
Which party tells the truth? Here is what Fox is telling us

Sunbury, PA

#291576 Sep 14, 2014
crusty wrote:
hmmm
what would Kearney say?
You know what the I in ISIS stands for?
crusty

Lewiston, ME

#291577 Sep 15, 2014
juz wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that is quite the underhanded statement ... I must question your sincerity if not your sanity!
becoz I thought/knew you'd have difficulty with an overhand pitch,..

Let me stick a bugg in yer ear.

How's the family Franky?

sanity? lost that a long time ago and reconfirmed recently as I'm payin up the A$$ to send my kid to lib school!

crusty

Lewiston, ME

#291578 Sep 15, 2014
<quoted text>You know what the I in ISIS stands for?
Yup.
juz wondering

Oakland, CA

#291580 Sep 15, 2014
<quoted text>Which party tells the truth? Here is what Fox is telling us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oiA_0-WUW8kXX
Ah yes, the wonderful and wacky world of right-wing fantasies:
The document is the 2008 “Status of Forces Agreement,” negotiated between the Gdub administration and the Iraqi prime minister Maliki. That’s what set the deadline of Dec. 31, 2011, for all U.S. troops to leave Iraq. Obama essentially implemented the plan that he inherited ...
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/packages/pdf/wor...
Pizza Pie

Hockessin, DE

#291581 Sep 15, 2014
juz wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The document is the 2008 “Status of Forces Agreement,” negotiated between the Gdub administration and the Iraqi prime minister Maliki. That’s what set the deadline of Dec. 31, 2011, for all U.S. troops to leave Iraq. Obama essentially implemented the plan that he inherited ...
In case you were just wondering. Every thing is expediency. He took the troops out to his followers. Now he said he wanted troops in Iraq. He can't have it both ways!
Pizza Pie

Hockessin, DE

#291582 Sep 15, 2014
crusty

Lewiston, ME

#291583 Sep 15, 2014
<quoted text>Really? Must be a Democratic thingy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Cwqh4wQPoQkXX
wishy washy nuancy nancy/s?

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/nancy
spocko

Oakland, CA

#291584 Sep 15, 2014
Pizza Pie wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you were just wondering. Every thing is expediency. He took the troops out to his followers. Now he said he wanted troops in Iraq. He can't have it both ways!
Yeah right, like I said: the wonderful and wacky world of right-wing fantasies!
ABs

Atlanta, GA

#291585 Sep 15, 2014
juz wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a relief! So its g'dub fault that the troops left and ISIS came...for a minute there I thought opinion = fact that obumble is an international failure, and Putin's boy
juz wondering

Oakland, CA

#291586 Sep 15, 2014
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a relief! So its g'dub fault that the troops left and ISIS came...for a minute there I thought opinion = fact that obumble is an international failure, and Putin's boy
LOL ... for a minute there you thought? Must be a record for you eh?

Sunbury, PA

#291587 Sep 16, 2014
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right, like I said: the wonderful and wacky world of right-wing fantasies!
Here is some more fantasies for you
#t=217

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Serbia warns France over extradition of Kosovo ... Jan 13 Slobodan B Medojevic 1
News Serbia warns France over extradition of Kosovo ... Jan 13 Sonja Biserko 1
News Kenya Sends Troops to Border With Somalia (Jan '07) Jan 12 Fartunlucky 44
News U.S. military aid is fueling big ambitions for ... Jan 10 PKK War Crimes 4
News Michelle Bachmann refuses to back down on claim... (Jul '12) Jan 9 Moses Kestenbaum ODA 33
News Israeli Prime Minister orders freezing of UN fu... Jan 8 infonews 125
News Russia Wants Out Of Syria Because It Can't Affo... Jan 7 slick willie expl... 3
More from around the web