'The War Is Not Over'

'The War Is Not Over'

There are 276629 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Sep 12, 2006, titled 'The War Is Not Over'. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

Big John

Toledo, OH

#291022 Apr 9, 2014
-Web wrote:
<quoted text>
Up to 70 percent of first responders are ill as a result of 9/11 contamination.
I don't care what you say the rescue workers as well as the citizens who lived close to the area were assured the air was safe to breathe and they were lied to.
Not all of the people who are ill were rescue workers.
About 70,000 New Yorkers so far have listed themselves with the World Trade Center Health Registry, a database that tracks the health impact of the 9/11 attacks.
The registry has been criticized for excluding large numbers of those potentially sickened outside a designated one-square-mile area.
Despite the insistent denials of city and federal officials, tens of thousands of New Yorkers were unnecessarily exposed to a chemical brew without even the most rudimentary precaution
If a similar rate of illness holds true for those who lived and worked near the Twin Towers, the number of seriously ill New Yorkers could climb to 300,000 in the near future.
Bush lied and people died the creep needs to go to prison.
duh! You have specialize companies that remove asbestos. The EPA told rescue workers to wear respirators. They didn't have the power to command them to . The local govt did .

Bush administration gave Mt. Sinai 75 million dollars. The recuse workers ,God bless them, must have thought they were invincible because only 40% had health insurance .

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/insider-epa-lied-...

There was probably toxicity there for a number years in the area but it had to be stirred up . There was probably a lot for a few years until rain washed it into the NYC harbor.

I would ride my bike in that area but I wouldn't 't sniff the hidden corner of a window sill.
Big John

Toledo, OH

#291023 Apr 9, 2014
So what is the data base? People that live in a square mile of ground zero. They are not all sick
Big John

Toledo, OH

#291024 Apr 9, 2014
-Web wrote:
<quoted text>
Up to 70 percent of first responders are ill as a result of 9/11 contamination.
I don't care what you say the rescue workers as well as the citizens who lived close to the area were assured the air was safe to breathe and they were lied to.
Not all of the people who are ill were rescue workers.
About 70,000 New Yorkers so far have listed themselves with the World Trade Center Health Registry, a database that tracks the health impact of the 9/11 attacks.
The registry has been criticized for excluding large numbers of those potentially sickened outside a designated one-square-mile area.
Despite the insistent denials of city and federal officials, tens of thousands of New Yorkers were unnecessarily exposed to a chemical brew without even the most rudimentary precaution
If a similar rate of illness holds true for those who lived and worked near the Twin Towers, the number of seriously ill New Yorkers could climb to 300,000 in the near future.
Bush lied and people died the creep needs to go to prison.
the main point for the rescue workers. Nothing is safe if they did not wear respirators and don 't decontaminate. I understand the need to find their brothers in battle , to find their friends and innocents
Big John

Toledo, OH

#291025 Apr 9, 2014
Maybe the mayor should have shut the city down. But Bush was brave enough to go there
Big John

Toledo, OH

#291026 Apr 9, 2014
He stood on the heap and gave his famous speech.
http://youtu.be/x7OCgMPX2mE
John_Schuylkill County_Pa

Sunbury, PA

#291027 Apr 9, 2014
If George Bush knew that it was extremely hazardous why would he go there? Therefore i conclude that George Bush is innocent of lying and that it is the snakes of the internet spewing their hatred of the man.

or maybe the EPA did use faulty techniques though it was no fault of George Bush.

“One For the Money”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#291028 Apr 9, 2014
Big John wrote:
<quoted text>the main point for the rescue workers. Nothing is safe if they did not wear respirators and don 't decontaminate. I understand the need to find their brothers in battle , to find their friends and innocents
Thats exactly what Christina Whitman said before the committee except for the bros in battle bit at the end of your post.

The infamous message from the Mayor of NY-Giuliani
You smell it, and you feel there must be something wrong,” Giuliani said.
“But what I’m told is that it is not dangerous to your health.
”Several days later he encouraged New Yorkers to “go back to resuming their normal activities.

Say your family suffered a catastrophic event and government officials assured you the water and air had been tested and was safe
Would you trust them?
Simple answer yes or no and be honest.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#291029 Apr 9, 2014
Big John wrote:
<quoted text>duh! You have specialize companies that remove asbestos. The EPA told rescue workers to wear respirators. They didn't have the power to command them to . The local govt did .
Bush administration gave Mt. Sinai 75 million dollars. The recuse workers ,God bless them, must have thought they were invincible because only 40% had health insurance .
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/insider-epa-lied-...
There was probably toxicity there for a number years in the area but it had to be stirred up . There was probably a lot for a few years until rain washed it into the NYC harbor.
I would ride my bike in that area but I wouldn't 't sniff the hidden corner of a window sill.
All that damage caused by a single jet crashing into a skyscraper?

And still the cause of collapse not explained scientifically....

USA is a really strange nation, they swallow whole camels and have interminable discussion about gnats!!

Sunbury, PA

#291030 Apr 10, 2014
-Web wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats exactly what Christina Whitman said before the committee except for the bros in battle bit at the end of your post.
”Several days later he encouraged New Yorkers to “go back to resuming their normal activities.
Say your family suffered a catastrophic event and government officials assured you the water and air had been tested and was safe
Would you trust them?
you are doing a Sean Hannity asking for a simple yes or no answer.

Sunbury, PA

#291031 Apr 10, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>
All that damage caused by a single jet crashing into a skyscraper?
And still the cause of collapse not explained scientifically....
USA is a really strange nation, they swallow whole camels and have interminable discussion about gnats!!
put simply, the collapse of the second building validates the collapse of first building. Under similar conditions. No need for a scale model. Had a life size model. That's what we can take from the events. As sad as they were.

Sunbury, PA

#291032 Apr 10, 2014
Thank Goodness they did not fly into a nuclear reactor. Muslim extremists did not give 2 shits about the environment when they flew jets into the WTC

Sunbury, PA

#291033 Apr 10, 2014
-Web wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you trust them?
Mayor Guilliani is a lawyer and in charge of the city. He had to make the call. and apparently he did. Not Bush. You essentially put the cart before the horse. Go to Central Park and you'll see the horse is before the cart.

Like in New Orleans it was the Democratic Mayor and Democratic Governor responsibility to evacuate the city. After all NO was below sea level and a category four was scoring a direct hit. Oh but blame Bush. Engineers thought the dikes would hold. Not.

A river in West Virginia was contaminated with chemicals from coal operations and the people were told to not drink the water. When it comes down to a few parts per billion it becomes safe to drink but is it? Is bottled water in a plastic bottle sitting in the sunlight safe to drink? Do you make the decision or does George Bush.

You have to delineate the workers that threw themselves to the task without protection from the people that were lurking around the city. After the dust settled 10 blocks from ground zero was the air safe? probably. Was it a 100% safe? maybe not. My friend got out of town for a while.Went to his parents place.

It's funny that Guilliani did not warn Bush not to come. Or the Secret Service did not prevent him from going to ground zero. But Bush flew into Washington after 911 even though his advisors told him he shouldn't. Was he safe probably. 100% probably not.

i can ride my bike in NYC today and pick up an asbestos particle in my lung and come down with asbestosis twenty years from now. i can ride and pick up some other carcinogen not related to the WTC disaster. It's my choice. But i won't blame Bush

Good thing i did not live in NYC to have to make some complex choices. Good luck to you. Hopefully you make better decisions

“One For the Money”

Location hidden

#291035 Apr 10, 2014
John_Schuylkill County_Pa wrote:
<quoted text> Mayor Guilliani is a lawyer and in charge of the city. He had to make the call. and apparently he did. Not Bush. You essentially put the cart before the horse. Go to Central Park and you'll see the horse is before the cart.
Like in New Orleans it was the Democratic Mayor and Democratic Governor responsibility to evacuate the city. After all NO was below sea level and a category four was scoring a direct hit. Oh but blame Bush. Engineers thought the dikes would hold. Not.
A river in West Virginia was contaminated with chemicals from coal operations and the people were told to not drink the water. When it comes down to a few parts per billion it becomes safe to drink but is it? Is bottled water in a plastic bottle sitting in the sunlight safe to drink? Do you make the decision or does George Bush.
You have to delineate the workers that threw themselves to the task without protection from the people that were lurking around the city. After the dust settled 10 blocks from ground zero was the air safe? probably. Was it a 100% safe? maybe not. My friend got out of town for a while.Went to his parents place.
It's funny that Guilliani did not warn Bush not to come. Or the Secret Service did not prevent him from going to ground zero. But Bush flew into Washington after 911 even though his advisors told him he shouldn't. Was he safe probably. 100% probably not.
i can ride my bike in NYC today and pick up an asbestos particle in my lung and come down with asbestosis twenty years from now. i can ride and pick up some other carcinogen not related to the WTC disaster. It's my choice. But i won't blame Bush
Good thing i did not live in NYC to have to make some complex choices. Good luck to you. Hopefully you make better decisions
On the morning of Sept. 12, the office of then-EPA Administrator Christie Whitman issued a memo "All statements to the media should be cleared through the NSC (National Security Council in the White House

George Bush was in command of the NSC so he had to clear any statements that were released to the public concerning the air quality and water.

“One For the Money”

Location hidden

#291036 Apr 10, 2014
Robert Gulack, an attorney with the federal government, thought he had escaped the toxic environment caused by 9/11.

When his department relocated into the Woolworth Building following the destruction of 7 World Trade Center, it took him only a few days to notice the effect on his breathing.

Gulack explained that even though his agency had received assurances about the building’s air quality from both the landlord and the EPA, later testing (by a private company) proved the area was dangerously contaminated.

“I know that I was exposed to things that no human being should be exposed to,” Gulack says.“Not only have I been exposed to asbestos but probably a number of other life-threatening contaminants

I’m 53, I have a wife and kids, and I don’t want to be taken away from them. There was no reason to subject me to those dangers—no justification for this at all.”

I agree with Mr.Gulack

Sunbury, PA

#291037 Apr 10, 2014
-Web wrote:
Robert Gulack, an attorney with the federal government, thought he had escaped the toxic environment caused by 9/11.
When his department relocated into the Woolworth Building following the destruction of 7 World Trade Center, it took him only a few days to notice the effect on his breathing.
Gulack explained that even though his agency had received assurances about the building’s air quality from both the landlord and the EPA, later testing (by a private company) proved the area was dangerously contaminated.
“I know that I was exposed to things that no human being should be exposed to,” Gulack says.“Not only have I been exposed to asbestos but probably a number of other life-threatening contaminants
I’m 53, I have a wife and kids, and I don’t want to be taken away from them. There was no reason to subject me to those dangers—no justification for this at all.”
I agree with Mr.Gulack
Moved to the Woolworth Building? He couldn't have moved much closer to the World Trade towers location. Well yes he has been exposed if only a few days after 9-11. duh! What 2 blocks?

Sunbury, PA

#291038 Apr 10, 2014
-Web wrote:
<quoted text>
On the morning of Sept. 12, the office of then-EPA Administrator Christie Whitman issued a memo "All statements to the media should be cleared through the NSC (National Security Council in the White House
George Bush was in command of the NSC so he had to clear any statements that were released to the public concerning the air quality and water.
Yes so liberal critics would put it that way. "Bush was in command"? How about the the NY local liberal EPA taking command.
The local EPA office sidelined the regional EPA office. Dr. Cate Jenkins, a whistle-blower EPA scientist, said that on September 12, 2001, a regional EPA office offered to dispatch 30 to 40 electron microscopes to the WTC pit to test bulk dust samples for the presence of asbestos fibers. Instead, the local office chose the less effective polarized light microscopy testing method. Dr. Jenkins alleged that the local office refused, saying, "We don't want you f---ing cowboys here. The best thing they could do is reassign you to Alaska."[45] From Wikipedia.

Since when does the regional office get overruled by the locals. Only in NYC. Notice the language of liberals
"We don't want you f---ing cowboys here." Guess George W. Bush is a Cowboy too. LOL. Liberals!

Sunbury, PA

#291039 Apr 10, 2014
John_Schuylkill County_Pa wrote:
<quoted text>Moved to the Woolworth Building? He couldn't have moved much closer to the World Trade towers location. Well yes he has been exposed if only a few days after 9-11. duh! What 2 blocks?
He could have moved up by Central Park since the winds blew most of the smoke clouds in the direction of NY Harbor. I'm pretty sure from all the video i've watch that a lot of dust debris went 2 blocks in all directions. The debris with the asbestos. Like Wall Street is further away.

I agree that Wall Street was important to open since the terrorists wanted to strike our economy. Should have been done on the 17th maybe not that soon.

“One For the Money”

Location hidden

#291040 Apr 10, 2014
Steve Centore is a physicist with NNSA, he was among the first sent onto the scene following 9/11.
“We weren’t worried about contamination, and we were told we didn’t need respirators,” Centore says. Even though he was a scientist, he still had to rely on the EPA’s findings for his own safety.

The New York City Department of Health asked Centore to conduct air sampling at Ground Zero, but when he showed up at their makeshift command center on Chambers Street, the NYCDOH simply handed him a hard hat and a painter’s mask and told him to get to work.

Centore developed the 911 cough but that was nothing compared to what he later endured because the EPA LIED

By the spring of 2006, however, a more serious set of symptoms emerged. Centore’s organs began deteriorating. First his gallbladder failed him, then his spleen and liver began to malfunction. He would require a liver transplant eventually

terrible

Sunbury, PA

#291041 Apr 10, 2014
-Web wrote:
Steve Centore is a physicist with NNSA, he was among the first sent onto the scene following 9/11.
“We weren’t worried about contamination, and we were told we didn’t need respirators,” Centore says. Even though he was a scientist, he still had to rely on the EPA’s findings for his own safety.
The New York City Department of Health asked Centore to conduct air sampling at Ground Zero, but when he showed up at their makeshift command center on Chambers Street, the NYCDOH simply handed him a hard hat and a painter’s mask and told him to get to work.
Centore developed the 911 cough but that was nothing compared to what he later endured because the EPA LIED
By the spring of 2006, however, a more serious set of symptoms emerged. Centore’s organs began deteriorating. First his gallbladder failed him, then his spleen and liver began to malfunction. He would require a liver transplant eventually
terrible
Terrible indeed. If he were a lay person he would have to rely on the EPA. He was a scientist working for NYCDOH. Both should have known better. Who told them they didn't need respirators. The EPA wanted to hand out respirators as stated in a previous post. Like i said contractors don't want to wear goggles. Command from NYCDOH. not George Bush

Sunbury, PA

#291042 Apr 10, 2014
NYCDOH should have demanded the use of a respirator. Imagine a painter's mask. Shame

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama thanking Navy SEALs who raided bin Laden (May '11) Apr 25 Aurora Colorado 6
News More "Fake News" From PBS: Tim McVeigh, The Okl... Apr 23 Rswan 2
News Being overweight may be caused by the clock in ... Apr 22 Yeti 29
News Why Is Russia Helping Anti-U.S. Insurgents in A... Apr 17 copout 9
News Osama Bin Laden reportedly calls Obama 'powerle... (Sep '09) Apr 14 Frogmouth Trump 68
News Obama expands ISIL fight into Syria; Canada won... (Sep '14) Apr 14 Frogmouth Trump 25
News Gadhafi: U.S. should seek peace with bin Laden (Feb '09) Apr 12 Putin warns T ramp 53
More from around the web