'The War Is Not Over'

'The War Is Not Over'

There are 276670 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Sep 12, 2006, titled 'The War Is Not Over'. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

ABs

Aiken, SC

#289396 Aug 12, 2013
spocko wrote:
Bush set the all-time record by increasing the debt by $1.1 trillion in 100 days between July 30 and Nov 9, 2008
Obumble continues the bush legacy of supply side debt since cheney says it doesn't matter...spend baby spend...
spocko

Oakland, CA

#289397 Aug 12, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly attributed to recession, yes?
So since Obumble declared the recession over in 2009 how does that bode for the continuing sprial of debt? The recession officially ended in June 2009, according to the Business Cycle Dating Committee of the National Bureau of Economic Research, the official arbiter of such dates.
Then next year we had the Summer Of Recovery, then all those millions of shovel ready jobs kicked in, so we should have had a surplus, not almost 7 trillion of new debt, eh frankeh?
The Bush recession is not over until it's over ...
spocko

Oakland, CA

#289398 Aug 12, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly attributed to recession, yes?
So since Obumble declared the recession over in 2009 how does that bode for the continuing sprial of debt? The recession officially ended in June 2009, according to the Business Cycle Dating Committee of the National Bureau of Economic Research, the official arbiter of such dates.
Then next year we had the Summer Of Recovery, then all those millions of shovel ready jobs kicked in, so we should have had a surplus, not almost 7 trillion of new debt, eh frankeh?
The Obama administration shows lowest federal spending in almost a century, unless you reside in the make believe GOPer universe, to quote Mitt Romney:“Obama’s spending inferno!”
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/2012/05...
ABs

Covington, GA

#289400 Aug 12, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you calling Obumble a liar? How dare you, you rightwingnutz maroone...lol

Glad to see you finally see the one for the liar he is...
John_Schuylkill County_Pa

Tamaqua, PA

#289401 Aug 12, 2013
spocko wrote:
Bush set the all-time record by increasing the debt by $1.1 trillion in 100 days between July 30 and Nov 9, 2008
The results for President Bush are skewed by the 10.1 percent deficit/GDP ratio in fiscal 2009. A large chunk of spending in that year went to the Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP. In fiscal 2009, TARP contributed $151 billion to the budget deficit, but in 2010 and 2011,$147 billion of that amount was recouped and thus reduced the size of the deficit during President Obama’s watch.(These calculations are complicated and are laid out by the Office of Management and Budget.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesglassman/201...

Your "$1.1 trillion in 100 days" seems a little cockeyed

Tamaqua, PA

#289402 Aug 12, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't going to be over in the Obama final term because of Obama policies and lousy economists. High energy prices,too much regulation, higher healthcare costs will be a few of the reasons.

Tamaqua, PA

#289404 Aug 12, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
The Obama administration shows lowest federal spending in almost a century, unless you reside in the make believe GOPer universe, to quote Mitt Romney:“Obama’s spending inferno!”
As for spending itself, during the George W. Bush years (2001-08), federal outlays averaged 19.6 percent of GDP, a little less than during the Clinton years (1993-2000), at 19.8% and far below Reagan, whose outlays never dropped below 21 percent of GDP in any year and averaged 22.4%. Even factoring in the TARP year (2009), Bush’s average outlays as a proportion of the economy was 20.3 percent – far below Reagan and only a half-point below Clinton. As for Obama, even excluding 2009, his spending has averaged 24.1 percent of GDP – the highest level for any three years since World War II.

Americans can judge for themselves whether deficits are “enormous”– but only if they have the facts. In this case, there is no denying the order in which the last five presidents rank on the basis of deficits: Clinton, Bush 43, Bush 41 and Reagan in a virtual tie, and Obama.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesglassman/201...

Obama made up a lot of ground in the last year. We'll just blame it on sequestration, "a Republican idea."
ABs

Aiken, SC

#289406 Aug 13, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Memo from the office of the POTUS: Affective immediately...The skunk has replaced the Eagle as the new symbol of the American Presidency. It is half black, half white, and everything it does stinks. It is said that: If you give a man a fish you will feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime! New Obama Proverb: If you give a man hope of getting a job, he will vote Democrat for a year! If you give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone, free internet, food stamps, section 8 housing, free contraceptives, ninety-nine weeks of unemployment, free health care and free medicine... He will vote Democrat the rest of his life and several more times after he's dead.
RedHorseRevelati on

AOL

#289407 Aug 13, 2013

Bible PROOF 1.5 BIL MUSLIMS to die --

http://youtu.be/n7ok0g8iwJI

ABs

Aiken, SC

#289409 Aug 13, 2013
Poor Wade P. Johnson: On the face of it, he's doing things exactly right. The 2012 Michigan State University grad landed a job in June as a financial analyst with Conway MacKenzie, a consulting company that's working on Detroit's restructuring. But to some he's become yet another symbol of what's wrong with the city—following the revelation that the company has been billing $275 an hour for the 22-year-old's work, per records obtained by the Detroit News (which reports Johnson is likely being paid about 35% of that).

Displeasure is rampant, with a former union president questioning the amount of experience Johnson could possibly have that would command such an hourly rate. A rep for the Emergency Manager's office says the hourly rates were negotiated based on job description (Conway's rates top out at $495 an hour), and that the firm is giving Detroit a 25% discount. He explains, "The city benefits because it pays one rate, so, there are others with much more experience billing at the same rate within the classification." The city is working with six firms, and the News reports that the most expensive actually charges up to $1,000 an hour...

Yet here we are, frankie and I arguing the nation of lawyers we have become and why gay marraige is just another way for lawyers to make cash...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#289410 Aug 13, 2013
Record numbers renouncing US citizenship under Obumble's watch...

Many American expats are following in the footsteps of Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin and ditching their US citizenship, the Wall Street Journal reports. In likely related news, the US is cracking down on overseas tax evaders. The number of citizenship renouncers is not huge, but it is growing in record numbers—of the 6 million Americans living outside the country, 1,130 expatriated themselves in the second quarter of this year, more than all of 2012, and the single highest quarter ever recorded, the Hill reports.

The main reason, lawyers tell the Journal, is the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, which requires overseas citizens and green card holders to declare their offshore assets. For wealthy citizens living in Asian countries like Hong Kong, where the individual tax rate is a maximum of 15%, the US tax burden can seem heavy—not to mention the forms they have to fill out. "My decision was less about the actual amount of taxes I had to pay, and more about the system," says a Hong Kong investment banker who renounced his citizenship. "I'm not an ultrawealthy dude. It was the hassle with all the paperwork."
spocko

Oakland, CA

#289411 Aug 13, 2013
ABs wrote:
Many American expats are following in the footsteps of Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin and ditching their US citizenship, the Wall Street Journal reports. In likely related news, the US is cracking down on overseas tax evaders. The number of citizenship renouncers is not huge, but it is growing in record numbers—of the 6 million Americans living outside the country, 1,130 expatriated themselves in the second quarter of this year, more than all of 2012, and the single highest quarter ever recorded, the Hill reports.
The main reason, lawyers tell the Journal, is the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act, which requires overseas citizens and green card holders to declare their offshore assets. For wealthy citizens living in Asian countries like Hong Kong, where the individual tax rate is a maximum of 15%, the US tax burden can seem heavy—not to mention the forms they have to fill out. "My decision was less about the actual amount of taxes I had to pay, and more about the system," says a Hong Kong investment banker who renounced his citizenship. "I'm not an ultrawealthy dude. It was the hassle with all the paperwork."
As if Obama were a lawmaker -- if you get any more f-ing stupid surely your friggen head will explode!!!
spocko

Oakland, CA

#289412 Aug 13, 2013
ABs wrote:
The number of those renouncing their U.S. citizenship is tiny — about 500 people out of more than six million, you really like making f-ing idiot out of yourself? Besides, anyone deliberately withholding tax money is cheating the American taxpayer hardly something to celebrate unless your name is Mitt Romney.:-/
ABs

Aiken, SC

#289414 Aug 14, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
The number of those renouncing their U.S. citizenship is tiny — about 500 people out of more than six million, you really like making f-ing idiot out of yourself? Besides, anyone deliberately withholding tax money is cheating the American taxpayer hardly something to celebrate unless your name is Mitt Romney.:-/
Yes...no doubt. Anyone who is working and making money is CHEATING the american TAX PAYER! What a dweeb...truth of the matter is they are cheating those of you that have your hand out, and that is the part that p*sses you off. Those commie tax evaders should be shot first, hung second, and then allowed to re-enter america illegally where they will be entitled to more benefits than the legal working americans, yes?
ABs

Aiken, SC

#289415 Aug 14, 2013
SInce I am making such a fool out of my self, no need in stopping now...great news francis, you now have choices....

Transgendered students in California will now have the right to use whichever bathrooms they prefer and join either the boys’ or girls’ sports teams, thanks to landmark legislation signed by Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown on Monday.

The law amends the state’s education code, and stipulates that each student will have access to facilities, sports teams, and programs that are “consistent with his or her gender identity,” rather than the student’s actual biological composition. A male student who self-identifies as female could therefore use the girls’ bathroom, even if he is anatomically male.

Though the debate over accommodating transgendered students’ needs has ramped up recently — with several high-profile cases attracting media scrutiny — California is the first state to address the issue with statewide legal action.

I’m so excited that California is making sure transgender students have a fair chance to graduate and succeed, said Calen Valencia, an 18-year-old transgender student, in a statement. I should have graduated this year, but my school refused to give me the same opportunity to succeed as other boys. Now other transgender youth won’t have to choose between being themselves and graduating high school.

The legislation was sponsored by Democratic Assemblyman Tom Ammiano, who said that it will make school life easier for transgendered kids.

A spokesperson for Ammiano admitted that the bill would irk some parents who do not want their kids sharing bathrooms with members of the opposite sex. BUT WHO GIVES A DAMMM WHAT PARENTS WANT, says the DNP, its about protecting and making things easier for confused kids to graduate so that they can persue their useful purposes in life such as cosmetology, or fashion design, you know, careers that look down on transgenders without high school diplomas!

Clearly, there are some parents who are not going to like it, said Carlos Alcala, a spokesperson for Ammiano, in a statement to San Jose Mercury News. We are hopeful school districts will work with them so no students are put in an uncomfortable position.
finalprophecies

AOL

#289416 Aug 14, 2013

ANTICHRIST ....& FALSE PROPHET

spocko

Oakland, CA

#289417 Aug 14, 2013
ABs wrote:
SInce I am making such a fool out of my self, no need in stopping now...great news francis, you now have choices....
Transgendered students in California will now have the right to use whichever bathrooms they prefer and join either the boys’ or girls’ sports teams, thanks to landmark legislation signed by Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown on Monday.
The law amends the state’s education code, and stipulates that each student will have access to facilities, sports teams, and programs that are “consistent with his or her gender identity,” rather than the student’s actual biological composition. A male student who self-identifies as female could therefore use the girls’ bathroom, even if he is anatomically male.
Though the debate over accommodating transgendered students’ needs has ramped up recently — with several high-profile cases attracting media scrutiny — California is the first state to address the issue with statewide legal action.
I’m so excited that California is making sure transgender students have a fair chance to graduate and succeed, said Calen Valencia, an 18-year-old transgender student, in a statement. I should have graduated this year, but my school refused to give me the same opportunity to succeed as other boys. Now other transgender youth won’t have to choose between being themselves and graduating high school.
The legislation was sponsored by Democratic Assemblyman Tom Ammiano, who said that it will make school life easier for transgendered kids.
A spokesperson for Ammiano admitted that the bill would irk some parents who do not want their kids sharing bathrooms with members of the opposite sex. BUT WHO GIVES A DAMMM WHAT PARENTS WANT, says the DNP, its about protecting and making things easier for confused kids to graduate so that they can persue their useful purposes in life such as cosmetology, or fashion design, you know, careers that look down on transgenders without high school diplomas!
Clearly, there are some parents who are not going to like it, said Carlos Alcala, a spokesperson for Ammiano, in a statement to San Jose Mercury News. We are hopeful school districts will work with them so no students are put in an uncomfortable position.
You should be happy -- there's hope for you!!

Brooklyn, NY

#289418 Aug 14, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be happy -- there's hope for you!!
obama should keep golfing while the black brothers are killing one another over drugs.
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/08...

Brooklyn, NY

#289419 Aug 14, 2013
Linktv org wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree but something is causing the Ice to Melt.
==========
New study blames human beings for half of Arctic ice melt
August 14, 2011 / http://tinyurl.com/3avcucb
ANCHORAGE — About half the recent record loss of Arctic sea ice can be blamed on global warming caused by human activity, according to a new study by scientists from the nation's leading climate research center.
The peer-reviewed study, funded by the National Science Foundation is the first to attribute a specific proportion of the ice melt to greenhouse gases and particulates from pollution.
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/08/14/120648/...
you better fire up the coal plants and start running you old pickup truck.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/2013050...

Brooklyn, NY

#289420 Aug 14, 2013
200-250 years of global cooling. Hope the Ruskies are wrong!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC Mon Joe Balls 2,959
News Irish president warns of extremism Jul 27 James 1
News US authorities allege Oregon imam assisted radi... Jul 23 goonsquad 13
News Ukraine film director goes on trial in Russia Jul 22 George 26
News Top 10 signs America has been hijacked by liber... Jul 19 bile child 2
News Tennessee Shooter Was 'Upset' by Gaza War, Frie... Jul 18 Zeppelin 1
News The Postman knocks twice: Stop rewarding Hamas Jul 17 USA Today 1
More from around the web