'The War Is Not Over'

'The War Is Not Over'

There are 276644 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Sep 12, 2006, titled 'The War Is Not Over'. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

John_Schuylkill County_Pa

United States

#289370 Aug 9, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
My video deals in truth and how phony the 9/11/01 commission was for not being allowed to dig deeper, and how Bush and Cheney did not want an investigation for 9/11/01, and testifying together and not under oath.
This speaks volumes too me.
Our friend MUQ is far afield and ludicrous to think the towers were wired and it was an inside job.
WTC goes down and becomes big crime scene. FBI isn't going to say shit. Bush and Cheney has only to let the investigation to go on as we knew where they were.

Stating the obvious anything was too late for the WTC towers. It may not have been for the Pentagon and Pa. It was wise not to shoot at the plane targeting the Pentagon for it may have hit an apt complex as the Washington area is all sprawl and that could have killed more people.

Hindsight is better than foresight ...

United States

#289371 Aug 9, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
My video deals in truth and how phony the 9/11/01 commission was for not being allowed to dig deeper, and how Bush and Cheney did not want an investigation for 9/11/01, and testifying together and not under oath.
This speaks volumes too me.
Our friend MUQ is far afield and ludicrous to think the towers were wired and it was an inside job.
watching the video it showed the first tower that collapse and and while falling it reminded me of the truth

United States

#289372 Aug 9, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
And what do you based that on? Scandinavians disagree with your assessment!
As of now the Great American Democracy turned out to be a Great American Failure because we have allowed most of our "capital" to be distributed among a small number of movers and shakers instead of the hard working populace! 50% of what can be owned or possessed in the US belongs to to the top 1%!
i'm making money in the stock market. You're not?!
Democracynow org

Edison, NJ

#289373 Aug 9, 2013
John_Schuylkill County_Pa wrote:
<quoted text>WTC goes down and becomes big crime scene. FBI isn't going to say shit. Bush and Cheney has only to let the investigation to go on as we knew where they were.
Stating the obvious anything was too late for the WTC towers. It may not have been for the Pentagon and Pa. It was wise not to shoot at the plane targeting the Pentagon for it may have hit an apt complex as the Washington area is all sprawl and that could have killed more people.
Hindsight is better than foresight ...
Truth be told even today in 2013 we are not safer.

==========

Report: Military Unprepared for Domestic Threats
January 31, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/256z75
The U.S. military's reserves and National Guard forces are not prepared to meet catastrophic threats at home and face an "appalling" shortage of forces able to respond to chemical, biological or nuclear strikes on U.S. soil, according to a congressional commission report released today.
The problem is rooted in severe readiness problems in the reserves and National Guard forces, which would be well-suited to respond to domestic crises but suffer from a lack of personnel and training as well as a $48 billion shortage of equipment, the Commission on the National Guard and Reserves said in the report.
"Because the nation has not adequately resourced its forces designated for response to weapons of mass destruction, it does not have sufficient trained, ready forces available. This is an appalling gap that places the nation and its citizens at greater risk," the report said.
National Guard readiness has continued to slide since March, when the commission found that 88 percent of Army National Guard units were rated "not ready," commission Chairman Arnold L. Punaro said.
"We think there is an appalling gap in readiness for homeland defense because it will be the Guard and reserve that have to respond for these things," Punaro said in an interview.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
How Dumb

Singapore, Singapore

#289374 Aug 9, 2013
Democracynow org wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth be told even today in 2013 we are not safer.
==========
Report: Military Unprepared for Domestic Threats
January 31, 2008 / http://tinyurl.com/256z75
The U.S. military's reserves and National Guard forces are not prepared to meet catastrophic threats at home and face an "appalling" shortage of forces able to respond to chemical, biological or nuclear strikes on U.S. soil, according to a congressional commission report released today.
The problem is rooted in severe readiness problems in the reserves and National Guard forces, which would be well-suited to respond to domestic crises but suffer from a lack of personnel and training as well as a $48 billion shortage of equipment, the Commission on the National Guard and Reserves said in the report.
"Because the nation has not adequately resourced its forces designated for response to weapons of mass destruction, it does not have sufficient trained, ready forces available. This is an appalling gap that places the nation and its citizens at greater risk," the report said.
National Guard readiness has continued to slide since March, when the commission found that 88 percent of Army National Guard units were rated "not ready," commission Chairman Arnold L. Punaro said.
"We think there is an appalling gap in readiness for homeland defense because it will be the Guard and reserve that have to respond for these things," Punaro said in an interview.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...
Your link(s) are from 2008. How Dumb of you.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#289375 Aug 9, 2013
<quoted text>i'm making money in the stock market. You're not?!
And how does that relate to my post Einstein?

United States

#289376 Aug 9, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
And how does that relate to my post Einstein?
i'm hard working, I'm making money, I'm not in the 1%, I'm living the American Capitalist Dream.

I'm sorry your not

United States

#289377 Aug 9, 2013
You're not
Democracynow org

Edison, NJ

#289378 Aug 9, 2013
How Dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
Your link(s) are from 2008. How Dumb of you.
http://tinyurl.com/62nmcq
spocko

Oakland, CA

#289379 Aug 9, 2013
<quoted text>i'm hard working, I'm making money, I'm not in the 1%, I'm living the American Capitalist Dream.
I'm sorry your not
Huh? You don't have a clue what I'm talking about
spocko

Oakland, CA

#289381 Aug 9, 2013
<quoted text>i'm hard working, I'm making money, I'm not in the 1%, I'm living the American Capitalist Dream.
I'm sorry your not
Let me help you out Einstein!
While America’s wealth is hoarded by the few at a higher and higher rate, to the extent that more and more income is going to people at the top more of that income is not going to places that are productive. America's top 1 percent is saving their money at a rate of 40 percent, that means that the wealthy Americans put away about 40 cents for every dollar they earn, which is more than triple their savings rate 10 years ago. In addition more than half of the millionaires have a "substantial" amount of cash on hand and have no plans to invest it. The amount of money being hoarded by the wealthy is estimated to be in excess of $10 trillion!
As the economy struggles to gain solid ground and America's wealthiest households are taking home a larger and larger share than ever before of the income pie, they're doing little to put that money to productive use in the economy. Over the last few decades, the incomes of the top 1 percent of earners grew by about 280 percent. During the same period, the bottom 20 percent of wage earners saw their incomes grow by only 19 percent.
The ever increasing concentration of wealth in the hands of a few, combined with the effects of the Great Recession and the slow recovery, has meant less money in the hands of low- and middle-class Americans -- who would be spending it – and thereby increasing the demand for goods and services!

Sunbury, PA

#289382 Aug 9, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me help you out Einstein!
While America’s wealth is hoarded by the few at a higher and higher rate, to the extent that more and more income is going to people at the top more of that income is not going to places that are productive. America's top 1 percent is saving their money at a rate of 40 percent, that means that the wealthy Americans put away about 40 cents for every dollar they earn, which is more than triple their savings rate 10 years ago. In addition more than half of the millionaires have a "substantial" amount of cash on hand and have no plans to invest it. The amount of money being hoarded by the wealthy is estimated to be in excess of $10 trillion!
As the economy struggles to gain solid ground and America's wealthiest households are taking home a larger and larger share than ever before of the income pie, they're doing little to put that money to productive use in the economy. Over the last few decades, the incomes of the top 1 percent of earners grew by about 280 percent. During the same period, the bottom 20 percent of wage earners saw their incomes grow by only 19 percent.
The ever increasing concentration of wealth in the hands of a few, combined with the effects of the Great Recession and the slow recovery, has meant less money in the hands of low- and middle-class Americans -- who would be spending it – and thereby increasing the demand for goods and services!
In the words of Ronald Reagan: "There you go again". Professing your online economics degree. You picked up on your Occupy Wall Street propaganda.That's all it is.

Sunbury, PA

#289383 Aug 9, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
As of now the Great American Democracy turned out to be a Great American Failure because we have allowed most of our "capital" to be distributed among a small number of movers and shakers instead of the hard working populace! 50% of what can be owned or possessed in the US belongs to to the top 1%!
I said i was living the Great American Democracy making money in the stock market while sitting on my ass. I'm not in the top 1%.

You disappointed that you did not get your Obama phone? You didn't get any of the "ten trillion" that the Fed printed ?

Sunbury, PA

#289384 Aug 9, 2013
Maybe i'd make the top 1% if i did not pay taxes on my cell phone to pay for Obama phones. Fox reported a lady having three phones
spocko

Oakland, CA

#289385 Aug 10, 2013
<quoted text>In the words of Ronald Reagan: "There you go again". Professing your online economics degree. You picked up on your Occupy Wall Street propaganda.That's all it is.
Like I said you don't have a clue what I'm talking about!

United States

#289386 Aug 10, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
you're right you don't even know what you are talking about
ABs

Aiken, SC

#289387 Aug 12, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
MOVING TO MEXICO

Dear President Obama:

I'm planning to move my family and extended family into Mexico for my health, and I would like to ask you to assist me.

We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico, and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements.

We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws.

I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Pena Nieto, that I'm on my way over?

Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. Please print all Mexican Government forms in English.

4. I want my grandkids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking (bi-lingual) teachers.

5. Tell their schools they need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my grandkids to see the American flag on one of the flag poles at their school.

7. Please plan to feed my grandkids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico, but I don't plan to purchase car insurance, and I probably won't make any special effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my housetop, put U S. flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.

13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be extremely nice and never say critical things about me or my family, or about the strain we might place on their economy.

14. I want to receive free food stamps.

15. Naturally, I'll expect free rent subsidies.

16. I'll need income tax credits so that although I don't pay Mexican taxes, I'll receive money from the government.

17. Please arrange it so that the Mexican Government pays $4,500.00 to help me buy a new car.

18. Oh yes, I almost forgot, please enroll me free into the Mexican Social Security program so that I'll get a monthly income in retirement.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all his people who walk over to the U.S. from Mexico. I am sure that President Nieto won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

Thank you so much for your kind help. You are and always will be the man!!!
P.S...Great job you are doing murdering with drones...those evil rightwingers only wish they were so proficient at violating other nation's sovereign rights...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#289389 Aug 12, 2013
GREAT THINGS HAPPENING under obumble watch...
On June 24, 2013, Pedro Leonardo Mascheroni and his wife, Marjorie Roxby Mascheroni, both former employees of the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) pleaded guilty to charges of espionage
involving the communication of classified nuclear weapons information protected by the Atomic Energy Act to a person they thought was a representative of the Venezuelan government.
According to the Justice Department, 77-year-old Pedro Mascheroni, a naturalized US citizen from Argentina with a PhD in physics, worked as a scientist at Los Alamos National Laboratory from 1979 to 1988. As such, he was granted a security clearance that allowed him access to classified material, including “Restricted Data.” His
wife, Marjorie, 70, a US citizen, worked at Los Alamos from 1981 to 2010 as a technical writer and editor. She also held a security clearance that allowed her to access certain classified documents,
including “Restricted Data.”
According to the indictment filed in US District Court,“Pedro and Marjorie were indicted in Sept. 2010, and charged with conspiracy to communicate and communicating Restricted Data to an individual with the intent to secure an advantage to a foreign nation. Both were also charged with making false statements during an ongoing investigation.”
The Atomic Energy Act defines “Restricted Data” as classified information concerning the design, manufacture, or use of atomic weapons; the production of special nuclear material; or the use of special nuclear material in the production of energy.
Under the terms of the plea agreements, which are subject to court approval, Pedro will be sentenced to a prison term within the range of 24 to 66 months followed by 10 years of supervised release,
and Marjorie will be sentenced to a prison term of 12 to 24 months followed by 9 years of supervised release. The couple’s sentencing hearings have yet to be scheduled.

How in the world do immigrants garner access to our nation's secrets?
ABs

Aiken, SC

#289390 Aug 12, 2013
More naturalized citizens with unfettered access under the current chimp in chief's watch...
A military jury has found a Schofield Barracks officer guilty of illegally possessing and passing classified national defense information.
Military prosecutors charged Army Maj. Seivirak Inson, 43, with attempting to hand over a number of military secrets to members connected to the Cambodian government between 2009 and 2012.
They said that Inson — who is of Cambodian ancestry — took classified US intelligence reports about the Cambodian military and gave it to unauthorized personnel.
The jury also found Inson guilty of forgery and adultery. He faces up to 10 years in prison for each of the espionage charges.

Can't wait for the next wave of Syrian refugees provided fast path to our inner workings...you go boi..
henry

Bleicherode, Germany

#289391 Aug 12, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
The capitalism is a suicide Society. Capitalism has to be to do away or Mankind will die. As often said: in the nuclear Age mankind is on the dying case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Leave Gaza now, State Department warns U.S. cit... Thu Stephany McDowell 1
This is war. Daesh vs. al Qaeda Wed YusufMehmet 2
News Tensions mount between Ukraine, Russia Aug 23 RUSSKI GO HOME 2
News Ukraine claims Russia smuggled new defense equi... Aug 21 George 4
News AG Holder worries about revenge for bin Laden (May '11) Aug 17 Tea bag suicide c... 201
News Obama: Yemen unrest won't halt drones (Jan '15) Aug 16 Lottery traitors 11
News Wikileaks Is At It Again, Proves Trump Is Right... Aug 16 Chilli J 24
More from around the web