'The War Is Not Over'

Full story: Los Angeles Times

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.
Comments
273,981 - 274,000 of 276,427 Comments Last updated 14 hrs ago
ABs

Aiken, SC

#288574 Jun 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
How can he comment about Quran, he probably never even "heard" about Quran.
So what he writes about Bible, he will repeat about Quran, thinking it is "cheap copy" of Biblical stories and teachings.
This is the case with most people on these threads.
Since both teachings were written by jewish scribes I'm sure he will see the similarities...

“From The Desert To The Sea”

Since: Sep 09

To All Across The Lands

#288576 Jun 21, 2013
The War Is Still Not Over

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-22...
Kashmir border: Pakistani girl dies 'in India firing'

A nine-year-old girl has been killed and three people wounded in prolonged and unprovoked mortar shelling by Indian troops, officials in Pakistani-administered Kashmir have said.

The alleged incident took place as Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif was visiting Muzaffarabad, the territory's capital.

There has been no response from India to the Pakistani allegations.

Claimed by both countries, Kashmir has been a flashpoint for over 60 years.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#288577 Jun 21, 2013
News you will not see or hear on CNN and FOX News

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

"Dirty Wars" (Contd.)

The Secret Story Behind Obama’s Assassination of Two Americans in Yemen

Transcript
This is a rush transcript. Copy may not be in its final form.

AMY GOODMAN: The U.S. Senate is preparing to hold its first-ever hearing today on the Obama administration’s drone and targeted killing program. However, the Obama administration is refusing to send a witness to answer questions about the program’s legality. At today’s hearing, a Yemeni man whose family village was just hit by a U.S. drone strike is testifying alongside one of the key figures in developing President Obama’s counterterrorism policy, retired James Cartwright.

Well, today we spend the hour with Jeremy Scahill, national security correspondent at The Nation magazine, longtime Democracy Now! correspondent. For the past several years, Jeremy has been working on a book and film documenting America’s expanded covert wars and targeted killing program. This is the just-released trailer to his new film, Dirty Wars: The World Is a Battlefield. It’s directed by Rick Rowley.

JEREMY SCAHILL: I got a strange phone call. Someone from the inside was reaching out to me, someone close to the heart of the president’s elite force.

ANONYMOUS SOURCE: There are hundreds of covert operations on multiple continents in full support of the White House.

JEREMY SCAHILL: It’s hard to say when the story began.

Greetings from Kabul, Afghanistan.

This was supposed to be the front line in the war on terror.

U.S. SOLDIER: What’s the name of this village out here?

JEREMY SCAHILL: But I knew I was missing the story. There was another war, hidden in the shadows. A night raid.
So there’s the two men in the guest house with the first people killed.

GARDEZ RESIDENT 1: Mm-hmm.

GARDEZ RESIDENT 2:[translated] One woman was four-months, the other was five-months pregnant.

JEREMY SCAHILL: You saw the U.S. forces take the bullets out of the body?

MOHAMMED SABIR:[translated] Yes.
U.S. SOLDIER: On your face! On your face!

"Dirty Wars" (Contd.)

JEREMY SCAHILL: Who were these men that stormed into Daoud’s home? And why would they go to such horrifying lengths to cover up their actions?

ANONYMOUS SOURCE: Terror strikes, targeted killings—a lot it was of questionable legality.

JEREMY SCAHILL: How had a covert unit taken over the largest war on the planet?

RACHEL MADDOW: Joining us now is Jeremy Scahill.

LOU DOBBS: Jeremy Scahill.

PAT BUCHANAN: They’re dismissing what you’ve done.

JAY LENO: Why are you still alive? Are you paranoid? Is that the guy we did Maher with? Oh, he’s dead. What happened? He had an accident.

JEREMY SCAHILL: The list of raids read like a map of a hidden war.

MATTHEW HOH: The right guys would get targeted. Plenty of other times, the wrong people would get killed.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#288578 Jun 21, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Since both teachings were written by jewish scribes I'm sure he will see the similarities...
I dont think you need a rejoinder here, you also would be the one who never read Bible or Quran.

No sane person who has read both books can make that statement.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#288579 Jun 21, 2013
AB s wrote:
Defying logic is one thing, defying gravity, now thats entirely different...if the towers had collapsed upward instead of downward...now you would have something as ridiculous as a moon splitting in half...yes MUQ I hate to say it but your religion is based on a fabricated myth...but back to 9-11:

After the attacks, bin Laden and al-Zawahiri released additional video tapes and audio tapes, some of which repeated those reasons for the attacks. Two particularly important publications were bin Laden's 2002 "Letter to America", and a 2004 video tape by bin Laden.

In a December 1999 interview, bin Laden said he felt that Americans were "too near to Mecca", and considered this a provocation to the entire Muslim world.

Bin Laden claimed, in 2004, that the idea of destroying the towers had first occurred to him in 1982, when he witnessed Israel's bombardment of high-rise apartment buildings during the 1982 Lebanon War. Some analysts, including Mearsheimer and Walt, also claim that one motivation for the attacks was U.S. support of Israel.

In 2004 and 2010, bin Laden again connected the September 11 attacks with U.S. support of Israel, although most of the letter expressed bin Laden's disdain with President Bush and bin Laden's hope to "destroy and bankrupt"the U.S

Your silly argument of pilots as been going on for 12 years, let it go and move forward my friend...next subject on 9-11 discussion please?
Ans.

It is interesting, you giving proofs from 2004 OBL sayings, on the eve of 9/11, Bin Laden denied that he had anything to do with 9/11.

As a devout Muslim, was he lying then? You answer it?

Whatever OBL and KSM claim is neither here nor there, We are discussing 9/11 events itself..

You seem to "gloss over" my questions on 9/11 hijacking so that to get over it.

If you would have pondered over them they would have provided you with the answer that how improbable it was for those hijackers to hijack, navigate and hit the WTC towers with it!! For a trained pilot, who does it every day!!

Now I ask the next question on the same hijacking.

Q. What was that “fool proof” method using which they hijacked 4 out of 4 Jetliners, in such an efficient way, that no pilot or co-pilot could raise any alarm, and why the procedure is not duplicated in past 12 years?

Did OBL and KSM gave some info about that in their "video clip" released in 2004?
Democracynow org

Sayville, NY

#288581 Jun 22, 2013
'Worse than NSA': UK Spy Agency Amasses 'World's Communication'
New Guardian exclusive reveals secret database of phone and internet records that dwarfs previous revelations / June 21, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/mwershk
Always seemingly in lockstep with the United States, new reports reveal that the UK's spy agency, the Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ), has gained covert access to the "world's communications" and has amassed an infinite database, which they freely share with their US counterpart, the NSA.
"It's not just a US problem. The UK has a huge dog in this fight," former NSA contractor Edward Snowden told the Guardian. "They [GCHQ] are worse than the US."
This information, revealed in a Guardian exclusive published Friday, was gleaned from documents leaked to the news outlet by Snowden earlier this month.
The documents reveal a five-year-old government surveillance system that dwarfs all others in its scale and capacity to collect metadata on "the world's communications."
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/06/...
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#288583 Jun 22, 2013

"Dirty Wars" (Contd.)

JEREMY SCAHILL: Algeria, Indonesia, Thailand, Jordan.
UNIDENTIFIED:[translated] If children are terrorists, then we are all terrorists

ANONYMOUS SOURCE: What we have essentially done is created one hell of a hammer. And for the rest of our generation, this force will be continually searching for a nail.

GEOFF MORRELL: Despite whatever conspiratorial theories, there is nothing to it.

UNIDENTIFIED: If they are dangerous, if they are too strong, definitely has a missile in its future.

SEN. RON WYDEN: It’s important to know when the president can kill an American citizen and when they can’t.

UNIDENTIFIED:[translated] If the Americans do this again, we are ready to shed our blood fighting them.

MOHAMED QANYARE: When you are fighting the enemy, any option is open. No mercy. America knows war. They are war masters.

AMY GOODMAN: This is the first time this trailer has been broadcast globally on television and radio. This is the trailer to Dirty Wars: The World Is a Battlefield, a new film by Rick Rowley and Jeremy Scahill. The film opens in theaters in June.

Jeremy Scahill’s book, Dirty Wars, is being published today. Jeremy takes a deep look at America’s new covert wars operated by the CIA and the Joint Special Operations Command, or JSOC. From Afghanistan to Yemen, Somalia and beyond, Jeremy shines a light on America’s unregulated and increasingly unilateral global assassination program. Two central figures in the book are Anwar al-Awlaki and his Denver-born 16-year-old son Abdulrahman, two American citizens killed in separate U.S. drone strikes in Yemen in 2011.

Today, an exclusive hour with Jeremy Scahill. I began by asking him to talk about cleric Anwar al-Awlaki.

JEREMY SCAHILL: Anwar al-Awlaki was a U.S. citizen who was born in Las Cruces, New Mexico. His father is quite an extraordinary guy. He, Dr. Nasser Aulaqi, had come as a very young student to the United States, and he studied English as a young man in Lawrence, Kansas, and ended up getting a number of degrees in the United States. In fact, he was the alum of the year in 2002 at New Mexico State University, where he got one of his degrees.

Very distinguished person in Yemen. And as a young man growing up in—as he put it, in a country that didn’t have a name yet, growing up in the south of Yemen, he dreamt of going to the United States, and his dream came true as a young man.

And so, he was a college student in the United States when his young—when Anwar was born, in 1971. And he really wanted to raise Anwar as an American. He viewed America as the—you know, to quote Reagan, sort of a paraphrased Reagan—the shining city atop the hill. I mean, he really did view it that way. And I looked at his essays from when he first came to the United States, and all of the international students wrote essays about, you know, what it was they wanted to get out of it.

And he said that "the progressivism of America was electric, and I wanted to be a part of that, and I wanted to take my education and go back to my very poor country and to make something of my life." And so he started to build this family, and they lived in Minneapolis. And they showed me pictures of Anwar pointing out Yemen on the globe in his classroom, and he couldn’t pronounce the teacher’s name, so he just called her "Mrs. M." And, you know, there were photos of him at Disney World and—or, Disneyland in California.

MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#288584 Jun 22, 2013
Contd.

And so, you had this family that really wanted to do two things. They wanted to raise their children in the tradition of the American spirit, but they also wanted to give back to their country. And when Dr. Nasser Aulaqi got his engineering degrees, he went back to Yemen and became the minister of agriculture and engineering in Yemen, and he actually built an entire faculty at the university. He founded this department, working with USAID and other U.S. officials to build this school of agricultural engineering. And his main life’s work has been to deal with the water crisis in Yemen, because Yemen is running out of water.

So, Anwar moved back with him, went to an international school in Yemen, where he was studying in both English and Arabic. His English was stronger than his Arabic, because he had spent the first seven years of his life in the U.S. So he was in a very international atmosphere. In fact, Anwar Awlaki went to school with the men who would end up working on the kill program, from the Yemeni side, to try to hunt him down, with the children of the country’s dictator, Ali Abdullah Saleh. He went to school with some of them. And so, then later in life, their paths would cross again.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#288586 Jun 23, 2013
I wonder what happened to AB s. He has not responded to my last post. Taken a long leave I suppose, and we have so many points to discuss.

We have not yet come to the spectacular collapse of WTC buildings yet!!

“From The Desert To The Sea”

Since: Sep 09

To All Across The Lands

#288587 Jun 23, 2013
This can't be good for tourism.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/...
Nine tourists killed as gunmen strike at a mountain base camp in Pakistan

Sultan Khan, operations manager of Nazir Sabir Expeditions, which had also organised a climb, said four members of his 10-strong team were among the dead.“I have been organising expeditions for more than two decades. This is the first time in our history [there has been such an incident],” he said.“We cannot believe such things. It’s beyond our imagination.”
ABs

Aiken, SC

#288588 Jun 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
I wonder what happened to AB s. He has not responded to my last post. Taken a long leave I suppose, and we have so many points to discuss.
Just waiting for you to move on past the pilot oddities that you seem to be so affixed on...one thing that is for certain, 4 planes were hijacked by 19 muslims..let me know when you are ready for next subject...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#288589 Jun 24, 2013
Angels Flight wrote:
This can't be good for tourism.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/...
Nine tourists killed as gunmen strike at a mountain base camp in Pakistan
Sultan Khan, operations manager of Nazir Sabir Expeditions, which had also organised a climb, said four members of his 10-strong team were among the dead.“I have been organising expeditions for more than two decades. This is the first time in our history [there has been such an incident],” he said.“We cannot believe such things. It’s beyond our imagination.”
BRILLIANT, let's go to Pakiland/Afghaniland for vacation, seems like such a peaceful part of the muslim brotherly love religion of peace world...things that make you go DUH!

At least a dozen Islamic militants wearing police uniforms shot to death overnight a Pakistani and 10 foreign tourists, including an American, who were visiting one of the world's highest mountains in a remote area of northern Pakistan that has been largely peaceful, officials said today. The 10 foreigners dead included two Chinese, one Chinese-American, one Nepalese, and one Pakistani guide, said the home secretary in the Gilgit-Baltistan area where the attack took place. The local Taliban took responsibility for the killings, saying it was to avenge the death of a leader killed in a US drone strike on May 29. "By killing foreigners, we wanted to give a message to the world to play their role in bringing an end to the drone attacks," said a spokesman.

I'm sure the message is loud and clear...not enough drone killing done just yer...still radical muslim idiots needed purged...
Andy

Bronx, NY

#288590 Jun 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
they went kaput. Shame on 19 and KSM
ABs

Aiken, SC

#288591 Jun 24, 2013
MUQ wrote:
I see the great allah has empowered your emir, the great King Abdullah, to change your weekend...no more thursday fridays huh? What gives? Is the muslim world being slowly dragged away from the islamic calendar and forced to join the rest of the world? Say it isn't so...
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#288592 Jun 24, 2013
"Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the major media destroy information, and religions destroy spirituality." ~ Michael Ellner

http://biblehub.com/revelation/21-5.htm

http://biblehub.com/psalms/37-10.htm
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#288593 Jun 25, 2013
Depopulating An Entire Region Of The Country

It was demonstrated that both the US government and the Chinese government are engaged in an Agenda 21 motivated plot to relocate rural and suburban residents to more densely populated urban centers to live in overcrowded conditions where a person’s every movement and every activity is monitored. The previously described policies are proving effective in moving populations into densely populated urban centers in accordance with Agenda 21 policy. However, the process is not as speedy as the globalists had hoped. The global elite needed a game changing event in the United States. In order to speed things up, the elite bankers at Goldman Sachs masterminded the Gulf oil spill to this end...(And how about those fires?)

Read More: http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2013/06/21/...
spocko

Oakland, CA

#288594 Jun 25, 2013
A revolt by the world's middle class has begun!
There’s always been a fight between the rich and the working man. The wealthy have an insatiable gluttonous greed and the working man wants a decent living. When the rich are victorious and accumulate too much of the wealth and the workers have too little the rich end up dead and history repeats itself. There has never been such a huge disparity between what the rich have now and the working man. They “one percent” own 60 percent of America and gets 30 percent of all income. Don’t tell me bribery of congress and the Supreme Court doesn't pay. We need to leave our jobs for weeks and protest key gov’t. properties. Shut down businesses by not buying, or visiting. Make Walmart a deserted area, stay 50 ft. away from Starbucks, hold all money from going to any bank.
http://qz.com/97102/why-the-revolt-of-the-glo...
rider

Marquette, MI

#288595 Jun 26, 2013
John_Schuylkill County_Pa

Tamaqua, PA

#288596 Jun 26, 2013
spocko wrote:
A revolt by the world's middle class has begun!
There’s always been a fight between the rich and the working man. The wealthy have an insatiable gluttonous greed and the working man wants a decent living. When the rich are victorious and accumulate too much of the wealth and the workers have too little the rich end up dead and history repeats itself. There has never been such a huge disparity between what the rich have now and the working man. They “one percent” own 60 percent of America and gets 30 percent of all income. Don’t tell me bribery of congress and the Supreme Court doesn't pay. We need to leave our jobs for weeks and protest key gov’t. properties. Shut down businesses by not buying, or visiting. Make Walmart a deserted area, stay 50 ft. away from Starbucks, hold all money from going to any bank.
http://qz.com/97102/why-the-revolt-of-the-glo...
Marc Rich is dead. Thank Goodness for Bill Clinton
Patriot

Boulder, CO

#288603 Jun 26, 2013
40 Tons of GMO Crops TORCHED in America, Media Blackout

Though the controlled corporate media apparatus is suppressing the story, 40 tons of GMO crops were torched, prompting an FBI investigation. There has been a COMPLETE MEDIA BLACKOUT, outside of local circles has dared to mention it, perhaps because government fears that if the public learns that other people are getting fighting mad (literally), they might join in, and become an actual revolution. It was only reported locally live on KXL Radio and echoed by the Oregonian, where the ONLY web mention exists, hard to find because the headline wording is carefully avoids the most likely keywords for a search

Read more at http://www.newssum.com/40-tons-of-gmo-crops-t...

- ALSO -

HIDDEN BY FEDS: Mexican Drug Cartels In Oregon - Violence In The Northwest...

http://redflagnews.com/headlines/hidden-by-fe...

----

Media Fail: Smith & Wesson Stock, Sales Soar

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Netanyahu says Israel will respond forcefully e... 2 hr James 160
Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) 3 hr Felix37 44,334
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 shot down over Uk... 6 hr Ibnallaah 1,076
Locals get angry with pro-Russia separatists 6 hr Lukashenko is Dr ... 632
Expert Views: Is Islamic State a flash in the pan? 15 hr Jedi Daal 1
Mosque lawsuit's cost to county to rise: Expens... (Feb '14) 18 hr 1LuckyDad 11
Would-be jihadis should lose their British pass... 21 hr pailrider 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••