'The War Is Not Over'

'The War Is Not Over'

There are 276617 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Sep 12, 2006, titled 'The War Is Not Over'. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

ABs

Aiken, SC

#288683 Jul 2, 2013
spocko wrote:
The flat tax myth
Someone with $20 million in taxable income pays nearly $7 million in taxes under the current rate structure, with its 35% top rate. Keeping in mind, virtually no one pays taxes at the top rate.(Mitt Romney or Bill Gates or Warren Buffet are at 13 to 17 %). Replace that with a 9% tax (where in the world did I get that idea?:) and it's below $1.8 million.
Now let’s see what happens down the income scale, it depends fundamentally on the size of the exemption. Take a married couple with two children and a modest $50,000 gross income. Their taxable income (after the standard deduction and personal exemptions) is $23,600, leading to an income tax bill of about $2,700. Under a 10% flat tax with no exemption it would leave that family owing the tax collector a whopping $5,000. You get the idea!?
Advocates of the flat tax, or of regressive tax, often argue that it's unfair that 47% of American households pay no federal income tax at all. But is it really unfair? These alleged "freeloaders" don't get off the taxpaying hook at all; they pay payroll taxes, sales taxes and many other local taxes. The income tax and the estate tax are the only two progressive elements in our tax system. If you take away progressivity precious little remains. So the next time you hear the wingnuz charge of "class warfare," ask yourself which class is waging war on which—and which class is winning!!
Back at you...twit...
Here is one for you my Oakland Heights gay pride leader of the demise of Prop 8 friend...Obumble's agenda of government subsistence....at taxpayer expense...Barry's green energy plan in process...I know you are special so fyi, que into the parts about with generous federal and state tax rebates and government must intervene with tax breaks parts...just curious, how many lower tax rate people can offord these great gas saving vehicles? Any idea?

The average price paid for a gasoline-powered 2013 Ford Focus ranges from $16,500 to $24,176. While the average price paid for a 2013 Ford Focus Electric is $39,020.

Regarding the range issue, Lewis said - in a May 30 blog he wrote about the subject - "Except for the Tesla Model S, with an EPA-estimated range of 265 miles, most battery-electric vehicles (BEVs) have EPA-estimated ranges of 62 to 99.8 miles — although motorists may go farther under actual driving conditions, Edmunds.Com reports. These range limitations diminish the utility and, thus, value of BEVs for many consumers, and may induce 'range anxiety'— fear of being stranded between where you are and where you have to go. The Tesla Model S has an impressive range but, with a manufacturer's recommended sale price of $69,900, most households cannot afford to buy one even with generous federal and state tax rebates."

"Limited range and dramatically longer refueling time diminishes the utility and, thus, the value of electric vehicles for many consumers," Lewis emphasized. "In short, you pay more and get less for your money at least in terms of range and convenience."

He noted that EV proponents often claim that "the barrier to consumer acceptance is a chicken-egg problem." They proffer that more people would buy them if there were a network of charging stations - and companies would build them if more people owned EVs.

"Therefore, they argue, government must intervene with tax breaks and other subsidies to overcome these market 'barriers,' he said.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#288684 Jul 2, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Back at you...a stroy you are sure to enjoy..the end of Barry Obumble?
http://pro.stansberryresearch.com/1304PWAUP2Y...
It speaks volumes, not about Obama but about you and your ignorance as well as your dim ideology!:/
ABs

Aiken, SC

#288685 Jul 2, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
It speaks volumes, not about Obama but about you and your ignorance as well as your dim ideology!:/
So is there an answer hidden in your speaking in toungues response :p ?

How many po' peoples in the lower tax rates of this country can afford these great gas saving vehicles and reap the benefits of a lower than average gallon of gas comparison cost of 1.14/gal? And how many super rich honkey corporate rightwingnutz folks do you see needing to buy these 65k electric vehicles to save money?
ABs

Aiken, SC

#288686 Jul 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
News you will not see or hear on CNN and FOX News
News you will probably hear on IRNA or KSA Times...Americans like ABs cares that they keep my friend KSM alive but respects moon splitting belief of Ramadan...force feed after sunset...

The latest legal challenge bought by Gitmo detainees trying to end their force-feedings brings to light a strange detail as spotted by Atlantic Wire: Later this week, the government plans to start force-feeding the prisoners at night so the detainees comply with the daytime fasting required of them during the holy month of Ramadan. That's assuming a federal court allows the feedings to continue at all: Detainees' lawyers on Sunday asked the court to stop them entirely, and a ruling is pending, reports Stars and Stripes.

"Being strapped to a chair and having a tube forcibly inserted through one's nostrils and into one's stomach is dishonorable and degrading," says the legal filing, reports AP. "It falls within the ambit of torture." In previous years, the government has force-fed prisoners at night during Ramadan, but this year is trickier because so many are taking part in the hunger strike. Of the 166 total prisoners, 106 are on hunger strike, and 44 of them are being force-fed twice a day, reports Reuters. That makes the logistics of nighttime-only feeding a lot more difficult.

One question comrade MUQ if the King of KSA will allow you an extra minute on the internet...is Ramadan feasting based on sunset at Mecca or sunset at Gitmo?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#288688 Jul 2, 2013

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

Boston Strong’: Marching in Lockstep with the Police State

By John W. Whitehead

April 23, 2013 "Information Clearing House" -"Rutherford Institute" - Caught up in the televised drama of a military-style manhunt for the suspects in the Boston Marathon explosion, most Americans fail to realize that the world around them has been suddenly and jarringly shifted off its axis, that axis being the U.S. Constitution.

For those like myself who have studied emerging police states, the sight of a city placed under martial law—its citizens under house arrest (officials used the Orwellian phrase “shelter in place” to describe the mandatory lockdown), military-style helicopters equipped with thermal imaging devices buzzing the skies, tanks and armored vehicles on the streets, and snipers perched on rooftops, while thousands of black-garbed police swarmed the streets and SWAT teams carried out house-to-house searches in search of two young and seemingly unlikely bombing suspects—leaves us in a growing state of unease.

Mind you, these are no longer warning signs of a steadily encroaching police state. The police state has arrived.

Equally unnerving is the ease with which Americans welcomed the city-wide lockdown, the routine invasion of their privacy, and the dismantling of every constitutional right intended to serve as a bulwark against government abuses. Watching it unfold, I couldn’t help but think of Nazi Field Marshal Hermann Goering’s remarks during the Nuremberg trials. As Goering noted:

It is always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. This is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country.

As the events in Boston have made clear, it does indeed work the same in every country. The same propaganda and police state tactics that worked for Adolf Hitler 80 years ago continue to be employed with great success in a post-9/11 America.

Whatever the threat to so-called security—whether it’s rumored weapons of mass destruction, school shootings, or alleged acts of terrorism—it doesn’t take much for the American people to march in lockstep with the government’s dictates, even if it means submitting to martial law, having their homes searched, and being stripped of one’s constitutional rights at a moment’s notice.

As journalist Andrew O’Hehir observes in Salon:

In America after 9/11, we made a deal with the devil, or with Dick Cheney, which is much the same thing. We agreed to give up most of our enumerated rights and civil liberties (except for the sacrosanct Second Amendment, of course) in exchange for a lot of hyper-patriotic tough talk, the promise of “security” and the freedom to go on sitting on our asses and consuming whatever the hell we wanted to.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#288689 Jul 3, 2013
OSO wrote:
Well MUQ to make a long story short the airport security had the pictures of all 19 terrorist with their names and identities.

Plus the names and pictures of all the pilots and passengers.

Only the 19 Muslim Middle Eastern men had to be the culprits because they had the same MO, Modus Operandi.

They believed in killing themselves for a greater cause.

That comes from the same playbook used by Usama bin Laden.
Ans.

Your post shows the "simplistic way" in which the entire 9/11 investigation was carried out.

They used TV and Facebook to complete the investigation, within 15 minutes of second plane hitting WTC!!

I now feel, how gullible people in Western world are!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#288690 Jul 3, 2013
AB s wrote:
01 and 04. What kind of engineer are you comrade? They don't do trains in the sand so I imagine a process or sanitation engineer...clearly not a mechanical or physics or strengths of materials typy...but anyhoot...I am intrigued by your engineering degree field of expertise to see if it has any relevance at all not only to support your basis of 9-11 but also to support that a moon can split in half physically but only at an instance where muhammid and a couple of his hitmen were the only people out of a billion plus to be looking at it...I mean, what are the odds? Truly you would get better odds with the powerball lottery at 165 Million to 1...

02 and 05. Empire State Building, White House and Capitol Hill? Were those the original targets? How you know that? You have called UBL and KSM muslim liars so I know you didn't get that information from them...who your source? I wonder if KSM order fatwa on you for slandering his good name?

Ans.

I can see from your posts, that you are just playing for time.

You have no answers for any of my posts and you just put something on paper to "show" that you have replied.

My argument is that even if a single hijacking was reported, the whole mission would have been in jeopardy.

No one who plans something as big as 9/11, would not leave it to chance. If it was the case with single aircraft, one can agree, but four aircrafts on different routes are hijacked and no one comes to know , not even other hijackers?

Would you call it a "Plan"?
henry

Altengottern, Germany

#288692 Jul 3, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the Quran?
The quran is the same as fakes is concerned. All religions are fakes.
henry

Altengottern, Germany

#288693 Jul 3, 2013
John_Schuylkill County_Pa wrote:
<quoted text>Bush policies increased domestic production.
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/thepresidentand...
As Long as capitalism war will never end. War means superprofit.
henry

Zwickau, Germany

#288694 Jul 3, 2013
spocko wrote:
A revolt by the world's middle class has begun!
There’s always been a fight between the rich and the working man. The wealthy have an insatiable gluttonous greed and the working man wants a decent living. When the rich are victorious and accumulate too much of the wealth and the workers have too little the rich end up dead and history repeats itself. There has never been such a huge disparity between what the rich have now and the working man. They “one percent” own 60 percent of America and gets 30 percent of all income. Don’t tell me bribery of congress and the Supreme Court doesn't pay. We need to leave our jobs for weeks and protest key gov’t. properties. Shut down businesses by not buying, or visiting. Make Walmart a deserted area, stay 50 ft. away from Starbucks, hold all money from going to any bank.
http://qz.com/97102/why-the-revolt-of-the-glo...
Quite easy: fight capitalism in a Marxist way for the beginning of a Revolution. Of course this is a joke to believe this would not be a fight for life and death. This would not be a decade Long fight. But in the nuclear Age it would be the only Chance for the survival of humanity. Capitalism is not able to do that.
Opensecrets org

New Brunswick, NJ

#288695 Jul 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Your post shows the "simplistic way" in which the entire 9/11 investigation was carried out.
They used TV and Facebook to complete the investigation, within 15 minutes of second plane hitting WTC!!
I now feel, how gullible people in Western world are!!
Simplistic?

I THINK NOT!

All the evidence leads directly to Jihad Muslim Terrorist.

Naturally that only represents a small number of the Muslim population.

I am still flummoxed how you can cover for these criminals.

Might it be because Saudi Arabian government spies on all its citizenry?

henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#288696 Jul 3, 2013
spocko wrote:
A revolt by the world's middle class has begun!
There’s always been a fight between the rich and the working man. The wealthy have an insatiable gluttonous greed and the working man wants a decent living. When the rich are victorious and accumulate too much of the wealth and the workers have too little the rich end up dead and history repeats itself. There has never been such a huge disparity between what the rich have now and the working man. They “one percent” own 60 percent of America and gets 30 percent of all income. Don’t tell me bribery of congress and the Supreme Court doesn't pay. We need to leave our jobs for weeks and protest key gov’t. properties. Shut down businesses by not buying, or visiting. Make Walmart a deserted area, stay 50 ft. away from Starbucks, hold all money from going to any bank.
http://qz.com/97102/why-the-revolt-of-the-glo...
Without an ousting of capitalism things in US will not Change at all. The American Proletariat is not able yet. So things for the masses of the People will turn to the worse.
ABs

Fayetteville, GA

#288697 Jul 3, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
...My argument is that even if a single hijacking was reported, the whole mission would have been in jeopardy.
I understand what your argument is and I am trying real hard to be politically correct and not call you an ignorant fool. Alas, I see that it is indeed true, you cannot teach stupid and you can only kill hatred...
Let me try it this way comrade...the whole mission would only be in danger if anyone OTHER THAN the hijackers knew beforehand that the intent was to ram planes into buildings...the clear the air order came AFTER the second plane smashed into the pentagon...got it? The first thought of most everyone that heard about the first WTC tower crash (definitely my first thought) was it was probably an accident...

FACTS: At the FAA's command center, managers can think of only one way to stop them. Minutes after another jet smashes this time into the Pentagon at 9:38 a.m., the managers issue an unprecedented order to the nation's air traffic controllers:

Empty the skies.

Land every flight.

Fast...

I know that it disappoint UBL, my hero KSM, and obviously you that GWB the great did not start shooting down planes. Can we move on now...the hijackers operated with independent missions and the US guvmint was not prepared nor did they realize that these allah appeasing moon lovers were crazy enough and to ram building therefore the discovery of one hijacking would have changed nothing until it was clear what the agenda was...is that simple enough for you or do you want to continue to waste your daily 5 minute allotment of King Adbullah authorized internet time mindlessly acting like a one legged man in an ass kicking contest?
ABs

Fayetteville, GA

#288698 Jul 3, 2013
Round two...turmoil in he land of islams...
Well now what? Celebratory fireworks were exploding over Tahrir Square after the Egyptian military announced it had ousted Mohamed Morsi, but Morsi himself continues to reject the move. The big question is whether those who support him and the Muslim Brotherhood will respond with violence, as Morsi himself suggested yesterday in his vow to defend the presidency with his own life. President Obama weighed in on the situation late today, saying he was "deeply concerned" by the military's action and calling for a swift return to a "democratically elected civilian government," reports Politico.(Egypt's military says it has a transition plan to accomplish that.) Obama also ordered US agencies to review their aid to Egypt, because it cannot by law go to a nation after a military coup. However, he did not use that phrase to characterize what happened in Egypt in his "carefully worded statement," reports USA Today.(Read it in full via the Wall Street Journal here.)

As for Morsi, he and other members of his presidential team are under house arrest in a barracks of some sort run by the army's Republican Guard, reports NBC News. A statement from his office (or former office?) issued after he was deposed still refers to him as president and says the "military coup" is "categorically rejected by all the free men of our nation." The military, which continues to reject the label of a coup, today issued warrants for the arrest of 300 members of the Muslim Brotherhood, reports AFP. The nation's interim leader—Adli Mansour, head of the constitutional court—is due to be sworn in tomorrow.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#288699 Jul 3, 2013

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

Boston Strong’: Marching in Lockstep with the Police State

By John W. Whitehead (Contd.)

Don’t look the other way and tell me that you signed a petition or voted for John Kerry or whatever. The fact is that whatever dignified private opinions you and I may hold, we did not do enough to stop it, and our constitutional rights are now deemed to be partial or provisional rather than absolute, do not necessarily apply to everyone, and can be revoked by the government at any time.

Particularly disheartening is the fact that Americans, consumed with the need for vengeance, seem even less concerned about protecting the rights of others, especially if those “others” happen to be of a different skin color or nationality. The public response to the manhunt, capture and subsequent treatment of brothers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is merely the latest example of America’s xenophobic mindset, which was also a driving force behind the roundup and detention of hundreds of Arab, South Asian and Muslim men following 9/11, internment camps that housed more than 18,000 people of Japanese ancestry during World War II, and the arrest and deportation of thousands of “radical” noncitizens during America’s first Red Scare.

Moreover, there has been little outcry over the Obama administration’s decision to deny 19-year-old U.S. citizen Dzhokhar Tsarnaev his due process rights and treat him as an enemy combatant, first off by interrogating him without reading him his Miranda rights (“You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law...”).

Presently, under the public safety exception to the Miranda rule, if law enforcement agents believe a suspect has information that might reduce a substantial threat, they can wait to give the Miranda warning. For years now, however, the Obama administration has been lobbying to see this exception extended to all cases involving so-called terror suspects, including American citizens. Tsarnaev’s case may prove to be the game-changer. Yet as journalist Emily Bazelon points out for Slate:“Why should I care that no one’s reading Dzhokhar Tsarnaev his Miranda rights? When the law gets bent out of shape for him, it’s easier to bend out of shape for the rest of us.”

The U.S. Supreme Court rightly recognized in its 1966 ruling in Miranda v. Arizona that police officers must advise a suspect of his/her civil rights once the suspect has been taken into custody, because the police can and often do take advantage of the fact that most Americans don’t know their rights. There have been few exceptions to the Miranda rule over the last 40 years or so, and with good reason. However, if the Obama administration is allowed to scale back the Miranda rule, especially as it applies to U.S. citizens, it would be yet another dangerous expansion of government power at the expense of citizens’ civil rights.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#288700 Jul 4, 2013
AB s wrote:
I understand what your argument is and I am trying real hard to be politically correct and not call you an ignorant fool. Alas, I see that it is indeed true, you cannot teach stupid and you can only kill hatred...

Let me try it this way comrade...the whole mission would only be in danger if anyone OTHER THAN the hijackers knew beforehand that the intent was to ram planes into buildings...the clear the air order came AFTER the second plane smashed into the pentagon...got it? The first thought of most everyone that heard about the first WTC tower crash (definitely my first thought) was it was probably an accident...

FACTS: At the FAA's command center, managers can think of only one way to stop them. Minutes after another jet smashes this time into the Pentagon at 9:38 a.m., the managers issue an unprecedented order to the nation's air traffic controllers:

Empty the skies.

Land every flight.

Fast...

Ans.

No my friend, you are closing your eyes to the "critical reasoning" in my post.

If ANY of the hijacking were reported, the WHOLE plan would have failed.

A plane hijacking becomes an International News and every one connected with aviation industry goes on alert.

Even if a single hijacking was reported, there would be a general alert and since it took more than 60-90 minutes for planes to change the course and hit their targets, the whole mission would have failed.

You are "purposely" closing your eyes to this and trying to "confuse" the issue.

Why OBL and KSM would be disappointed? According to you their mission was accomplished, was it not?

Do you think there more hijackers in grounded planes? Vow, Vow?

PS:

And I can see your eagerness to change the topic, but I will ignore it.
ABs

Fayetteville, GA

#288701 Jul 4, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
No my friend, you are closing your eyes to the "critical reasoning" in my post.
If ANY of the hijacking were reported, the WHOLE plan would have failed.
A plane hijacking becomes an International News and every one connected with aviation industry goes on alert.
Even if a single hijacking was reported, there would be a general alert and since it took more than 60-90 minutes for planes to change the course and hit their targets, the whole mission would have failed.
You are "purposely" closing your eyes to this and trying to "confuse" the issue.
Why OBL and KSM would be disappointed? According to you their mission was accomplished, was it not?
Do you think there more hijackers in grounded planes? Vow, Vow?
PS:
And I can see your eagerness to change the topic, but I will ignore it.
We agree to disagree...the whole mission would only be in danger if anyone OTHER THAN the hijackers knew beforehand that the intent was to ram planes into buildings...the clear the air order came AFTER the second plane smashed into the pentagon...end of this phase, next question? And why King ABsDullah allow only 5 minutes of internet? Do you wihs you could live free sometimes?
Opensecrets org

New Brunswick, NJ

#288702 Jul 4, 2013
CIA Warned Of U.S. Attack In '95
Said Islamic Extremists Could Strike Targets In NYC, Washington
April 16, 2004 / http://tinyurl.com/2huu2
Six years before the Sept. 11 attacks, the CIA warned in a classified report that Islamic extremists likely would strike on U.S. soil at landmarks in Washington or New York, or through the airline industry, according to intelligence officials.

Though hauntingly prescient, the CIA's 1995 National Intelligence Estimate did not yet name Osama bin Laden as a terrorist threat.

But within months the intelligence agency developed enough concern about the wealthy, Saudi-born militant to create a specific unit to track him and his followers, the officials told The Associated Press.

And in 1997, the CIA updated its intelligence estimate to ensure bin Laden appeared on its very first page as an emerging threat, cautioning that his growing movement might translate into attacks on U.S. soil, the officials said, divulging new details about the CIA's 1990s response to the terrorist threat.

The officials took the rare step Thursday of disclosing information in the closely held National Intelligence Estimates and other secret briefings to counter criticisms in a staff report released this week by the independent commission examining pre-Sept. 11 intelligence failures.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/03/21/ter...
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#288704 Jul 5, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
We agree to disagree...the whole mission would only be in danger if anyone OTHER THAN the hijackers knew beforehand that the intent was to ram planes into buildings...the clear the air order came AFTER the second plane smashed into the pentagon...end of this phase, next question? And why King ABsDullah allow only 5 minutes of internet? Do you wihs you could live free sometimes?
Now, I will ask another question in the same series.

Q. Why there was time gap between strikes? Usually in a planned coordinated attacks, there is very little time given between different strikes.

But we find there was sufficient time gap between one strike and another strike. How come?

How the Hijackers were sure that authorities would be in a state of sock and would not take any corrective measures?
John_Schuylkill County_Pa

Sunbury, PA

#288706 Jul 5, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, I will ask another question in the same series.
Q. Why there was time gap between strikes? Usually in a planned coordinated attacks, there is very little time given between different strikes.
But we find there was sufficient time gap between one strike and another strike. How come?
How the Hijackers were sure that authorities would be in a state of sock and would not take any corrective measures?
Don't you think it would be an overreaction to kill civilians on an airliner? So the military didn't kill the civilians the terrorists killed them. Killing civilians is a terrible thing over there in the Middle East.

The terrorists did a terrible thing. They killed civilians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ethiopia: Peaceful Protest to Armed Uprising Feb 18 Gelleta 1
News German Security Official: Muslim Brotherhood Tr... Feb 18 Texxy the Selfie Cat 2
News Donald Trump's Muslim ban a 'self-inflicted wou... Feb 17 who cares 63
News Jonah Goldberg: Conflict in Middle East goes be... Feb 16 Jeff Brightone 1
News Why Is Russia Helping Anti-U.S. Insurgents in A... Feb 15 RUSSIAN TERRORISTS 6
News More "Fake News" From PBS: Tim McVeigh, The Okl... Feb 11 learntowrite 1
News The strategic suicide of aligning With Russia i... Feb 11 RUSSIAN WAR CRIMES 14
More from around the web