'The War Is Not Over'

'The War Is Not Over'

There are 276670 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Sep 12, 2006, titled 'The War Is Not Over'. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

spocko

Oakland, CA

#288509 Jun 17, 2013
A GOPer’s Barbeque
First onto their searing grill is a slice of prime Benghazi. The meat has been marinating for nine months and is ready to pop. The Republican fabricated a conspiracy and a cover-up that four Americans died in an embassy fire caused by terrorists. Protecting the Republican eyes from all the heat being stirred up are rose-colored glasses that have kept them safe from acknowledging they have been responsible for massive funding cuts for State Department security. The glasses also protect them from remembering they weren't outraged and didn't demand impeachment when terrorists attacked seven diplomatic compounds and killed more than 30 people during the Gdub Bush administration.
ABs

Aiken, SC

#288510 Jun 17, 2013
spocko wrote:
A GOPer’s Barbeque
First onto their searing grill is a slice of prime Benghazi. The meat has been marinating for nine months and is ready to pop. The Republican fabricated a conspiracy and a cover-up that four Americans died in an embassy fire caused by terrorists. Protecting the Republican eyes from all the heat being stirred up are rose-colored glasses that have kept them safe from acknowledging they have been responsible for massive funding cuts for State Department security. The glasses also protect them from remembering they weren't outraged and didn't demand impeachment when terrorists attacked seven diplomatic compounds and killed more than 30 people during the Gdub Bush administration.
President Barack Obama's approval rating dropped eight percentage points over the past month, to 45 percent, the president's lowest rating in more than a year and a half, according to a new national poll.

Read it and weep beeotch...in the meantime, Syrians die...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#288511 Jun 17, 2013
henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Gorbashov is not a communist but a traitor.
Gorby should be your hero...you know...your commie god.
ABs

Aiken, SC

#288512 Jun 17, 2013
spocko wrote:
A GOPer’s Barbeque
First onto their searing grill is a slice of prime Benghazi. The meat has been marinating for nine months and is ready to pop. The Republican fabricated a conspiracy and a cover-up that four Americans died in an embassy fire caused by terrorists. Protecting the Republican eyes from all the heat being stirred up are rose-colored glasses that have kept them safe from acknowledging they have been responsible for massive funding cuts for State Department security. The glasses also protect them from remembering they weren't outraged and didn't demand impeachment when terrorists attacked seven diplomatic compounds and killed more than 30 people during the Gdub Bush administration.
She's back!
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) criticized President Barack Obama while speaking at the annual meeting of the Faith and Freedom Coalition Saturday, saying the United States should not intervene in Syria while he's in office.

Until we have a commander in chief who knows what he is doing... let Allah sort it out... Palin told the conservative crowd, according to The Hill.

In other words, just like Clonton and Carter said...OBUMBLE is a wuss...
spocko

Oakland, CA

#288514 Jun 17, 2013
Freedom and Liberty are liberal ideas that stand unchallenged as the supreme value of the Western world! I find it comical how you friggen wingnuz troglodytes are cursing out liberals and your constant whining about liberty and freedom. Repeating your brainless mantra of libs this and libs that as if you troglodytes had some sort of a bug in your tiny brains that makes you repeat the same idiocies over and over. The fact remains, liberty, freedom and free markets are huge liberal ideas, one has only to look back to the founders of our great country who came up with radical new a liberal ideas while the conservative troglodytes of the time tried to install George Washington as the King of the New World. I’m sorry but you where idiots then and are idiots now and always will be incapable of a single original idea.
ABs

Aiken, SC

#288515 Jun 17, 2013
spocko wrote:
Freedom and Liberty are liberal ideas that stand unchallenged as the supreme value of the Western world! I find it comical how you friggen wingnuz troglodytes are cursing out liberals and your constant whining about liberty and freedom. Repeating your brainless mantra of libs this and libs that as if you troglodytes had some sort of a bug in your tiny brains that makes you repeat the same idiocies over and over. The fact remains, liberty, freedom and free markets are huge liberal ideas, one has only to look back to the founders of our great country who came up with radical new a liberal ideas while the conservative troglodytes of the time tried to install George Washington as the King of the New World. I’m sorry but you where idiots then and are idiots now and always will be incapable of a single original idea.
She's back!
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin criticized President Barry Obumble...the wuss...
Until we have a commander in chief who knows what he is doing... let Allah sort it out... Palin told the conservative crowd, according to The Hill.

In other words, just like rightwing conservative troglodytes Slick Willy Clinton and Jimmy Gas lines Carter said...OBUMBLE is a wuss...
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#288517 Jun 17, 2013
News you will not see or hear on CNN and FOX News

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

Drones, Sanctions and the Prison Industrial Complex

By Brian Terrell
(Contd.)
The refrain “we are creating enemies faster than we are killing (or capturing) them” is a bit of truth that gets leaked to the media occasionally in recent years. Sometimes the sentiment is voiced by even the most senior military commanders and applied variously to any of several strategies, including night raids in Afghanistan, check points in Iraq, the prison at Guantánamo, and drone attacks in Yemen and Pakistan.

As with prisons, United States military and diplomatic policies run contrary to their stated objectives of peace and public safety and yet they persist with little question. Prisons and the military, America’s dominant institutions, exist not to bring healing to domestic ills or relief for foreign threats but to exacerbate and manipulate them for the profit of the wealthiest few, at great cost and peril for the rest of us.

One of many discouraging moments of the presidential campaign that ended just before I surrendered to authorities here in November, was in a debate where Mr. Obama stated that Americans need to “decide for themselves” whose sanctions against Iran would be “more crippling,” his or Mr. Romney’s. This was an obscene and unacceptable choice.

Sanctions are portrayed as a diplomatic alternative to war but in their application can be as lethal, warfare by another name. Sanctions that extend beyond trade in armaments to include embargoes on food, medicine, educational materials, and other necessities of life can constitute weapons of mass destruction in themselves.

It is often said that such comprehensive and indiscriminant sanctions make prisons of the countries targeted with them. While the regime of sanctions against inmates here at Yankton is less severe than the brutal conditions I witnessed in Iraq in 1998 or that the United States imposes on the people of Iran or Gaza (by proxy), the comparison is apt. Sanctions and prisons are both about imposing economic and social isolation and both can raise levels of tension and fear when applied without conscience.

Meaningful employment, decent housing, support of loved ones, education and self-respect would be helpful responses to the scourge of addiction and the crimes that ensue from it. Providing these for people at risk would be a priority for a responsible society but all these are robbed from inmates in federal prisons. Threats of war and terrorism are provoked by sanctions and invasions and can be countered only by addressing root causes.

“What father,” Jesus asked,“would give a stone to a child who asks for bread?” We know the answer and it is to our shame.

“The choice is no longer between violence and non-violence,” said Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. As resources dwindle, the climate warms and nuclear arms proliferate, even more clearly now than in King’s time,“the choice is between non-violence and non-existence.”

The quality of life and the very existence of all of us depends on the security and well being of each person, especially of those we label criminal or enemy. The admonition from the Hebrew book of Proverbs to give food to our enemies when they are hungry and drink to them when they are thirsty, echoed in the Sermon on the Mount and the universal Golden Rule to treat others as we would be treated is no romantic, unobtainable dream.“Love is the only solution” to the human predicament, said Dorothy Day. Love in our time has become a hard, pragmatic, gritty requisite for survival.

Note:

Brian Terrell, a Catholic Worker and Co-Coordinator of Voices for Creative Nonviolence will be released from prison on May 24, 2013. After that he can be reached at [email protected]
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#288518 Jun 17, 2013
AB s wrote:
1.

Coincidences happen all the time...who should know that better than you...I mean think about it...for EXAMPLE, what are the chances that out of the Billion or so people on the planet at the time only a couple of islamists were the ONLY people on the planet to see the moon split in half for a moment in time between 625 and 650 AD??? You have difficulty believing planes were hijacked yet buy into this fantsay....sister please!

That being said, exercises take place ALL THE TIME...right now their are exercises taking place in Iran to supress the rioters in the event of a gay pride festival breaking out...for as we know there are no gay people in Iran...

And South Korea just had exercises in the event of a nuclear attack from North Korea...so not sure what your point is. Exercises take place everyday...next question please...

2.

Still waiting comrade, your turn to answer question...why do you think that KSM and UBL are liars?
Ans.

1. Trying to change the subject, are you? We are discussing WTC collapse and 9/11 events.

We will come to discuss the fall and coincidence part, when we come to that.

Right now we are discussing the hijacking. It is not established in "any court of law" that the planes were hijacked. This is only an assumption and based on surmises and no proof.

2. But now let us discuss the "flying skills" of so called hijackers? Do you think it is "child's play" to fly and navigate those jetliners, based on "some basic flying lessons" they give you in training schools?

What records you have about the flying skills of all those 19 Hijackers.

Forget about Moon splitting, just look at what people start believing in 21st century, without any single shred of evidence!!

3. I have already answered your question, how can I say some one speaks lie, if I am not personally acquainted with them?

I fail to understand., you taking them as "Pillars of Truth" for some part of their testimony and reject another part, when they say that Isreal is the main reason of all this trouble and violence in the region.

Why use double standards?
ABs

Aiken, SC

#288519 Jun 18, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
1. Trying to change the subject, are you? We are discussing WTC collapse and 9/11 events.
We will come to discuss the fall and coincidence part, when we come to that.
Right now we are discussing the hijacking. It is not established in "any court of law" that the planes were hijacked. This is only an assumption and based on surmises and no proof.
2. But now let us discuss the "flying skills" of so called hijackers? Do you think it is "child's play" to fly and navigate those jetliners, based on "some basic flying lessons" they give you in training schools?
What records you have about the flying skills of all those 19 Hijackers.
Forget about Moon splitting, just look at what people start believing in 21st century, without any single shred of evidence!!
3. I have already answered your question, how can I say some one speaks lie, if I am not personally acquainted with them?
I fail to understand., you taking them as "Pillars of Truth" for some part of their testimony and reject another part, when they say that Isreal is the main reason of all this trouble and violence in the region.
Why use double standards?
Sorry, did I tell you I am a simpleton with ADD? Once I get an idea in my head I cannot let it go until it is resolved...what are the chances that out of the Billion or so people on the planet at the time only a couple of islamists were the ONLY people on the planet to see the moon split in half for a moment in time between 625 and 650 AD???
1. Does court of law make it fact? Do you know the names of the pilots (the real pilots) who were tasked with flying those planes to their planned destinations? Do you know anything about them? Family men, children in college, children about to get married, children taking their first steps...are you stupid enough to believe they had nothing to live for and committed suicide with their planes? What are the coincidences that 4 such civilian pilots with sparkling flight records would all snap on the same day and choose to fly into buildings? If you were within arms reach I would slap you upside your head and tell you to get real...

2. As far as skills, once again I cannot believe a self professed engineer such as yourself can ask such really dumb questions...I'll simply answer that 95% of flying lessons focus on take off and landing...if you have someone skilled get the plane off the ground for you that takes half the skill out of it and if you have no plans to land the plane that takes care of the other 45%...which leaves 5% skill to steer and change elevation...yes comrade, simple childs play with minimal training..next question please...

3. Israel did not eexist as a country in 600AD...or 900AD...or 1300AD...or 1750AD...yet there was trouble and violence in the region. Please explain that? Please explain why sunni kill shia and vice versa, this has nothing to do with Israel...please explain why muslims in Pakistan attacked and MURDERED muslim women and bombed their school because education should not be wased on muslim women??? And please explain te double standard of why you take KSM for his word on Israel and call him a liar for his admission of masterminding 9-11?
Anonymous

Japan

#288520 Jun 18, 2013
ABs

Aiken, SC

#288523 Jun 18, 2013
Hey Frankie...why obumble not fix this? He promised he would...

The names of Guantanamo's dozens of "indefinite detainees" deemed too dangerous to release even if the detention center is closed have been disclosed for the first time. In response to a lawsuit from the Miami Herald, the federal government released a list of prisoners including 26 Yemenis, 12 Afghans, three Saudis, two Kuwaitis, two Libyans, a Kenyan, a Moroccan, and a Somali it says cannot be tried in court but cannot be transferred or released. Two of the Afghans have died—one from suicide and one from a heart attack—since a task force produced the list in 2010, so there are now 46 indefinite detainees among Guantanamo's 166 inmates.

The men, many of whom are among the more than 100 Guantanamo hunger strikers, are being held under the Authorized Use of Military Force signed by George W. Bush in 2001. Officials have given a variety of reasons why they cannot stand trial, including tainted evidence, the AP reports. An Amnesty International spokesman says the notion of keeping captives as "indefinite detainees" is "fundamentally flawed." Under international human rights law, "all of the detainees should either be charged and fairly tried in federal court, or released," he says.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#288525 Jun 18, 2013
ABs wrote:
Hey Frankie...why obumble not fix this? He promised he would...
The names of Guantanamo's dozens of "indefinite detainees" deemed too dangerous to release even if the detention center is closed have been disclosed for the first time. In response to a lawsuit from the Miami Herald, the federal government released a list of prisoners including 26 Yemenis, 12 Afghans, three Saudis, two Kuwaitis, two Libyans, a Kenyan, a Moroccan, and a Somali it says cannot be tried in court but cannot be transferred or released. Two of the Afghans have died—one from suicide and one from a heart attack—since a task force produced the list in 2010, so there are now 46 indefinite detainees among Guantanamo's 166 inmates.
The men, many of whom are among the more than 100 Guantanamo hunger strikers, are being held under the Authorized Use of Military Force signed by George W. Bush in 2001. Officials have given a variety of reasons why they cannot stand trial, including tainted evidence, the AP reports. An Amnesty International spokesman says the notion of keeping captives as "indefinite detainees" is "fundamentally flawed." Under international human rights law, "all of the detainees should either be charged and fairly tried in federal court, or released," he says.
If you wanna stick with facts instead of pea-brained ideology, Obama, or Obumble as you like to call him, tried twice to close the prison and each time congress refused to finance it! It appears they are too busy manufacturing "White House scandals"!
Rider

Marquette, MI

#288526 Jun 18, 2013
ABs wrote:
Hey Frankie...why obumble not fix this? He promised he would...
The names of Guantanamo's dozens of "indefinite detainees" deemed too dangerous to release even if the detention center is closed have been disclosed for the first time. In response to a lawsuit from the Miami Herald, the federal government released a list of prisoners including 26 Yemenis, 12 Afghans, three Saudis, two Kuwaitis, two Libyans, a Kenyan, a Moroccan, and a Somali it says cannot be tried in court but cannot be transferred or released. Two of the Afghans have died—one from suicide and one from a heart attack—since a task force produced the list in 2010, so there are now 46 indefinite detainees among Guantanamo's 166 inmates.
The men, many of whom are among the more than 100 Guantanamo hunger strikers, are being held under the Authorized Use of Military Force signed by George W. Bush in 2001. Officials have given a variety of reasons why they cannot stand trial, including tainted evidence, the AP reports. An Amnesty International spokesman says the notion of keeping captives as "indefinite detainees" is "fundamentally flawed." Under international human rights law, "all of the detainees should either be charged and fairly tried in federal court, or released," he says.
TRANSPARENCY
Rider

Marquette, MI

#288527 Jun 18, 2013
Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) as a suspected car thief and arsonist
Rider

Marquette, MI

#288528 Jun 18, 2013
IRS manager says tea party screening was done to have consistency in the 501c4 review process, not for politics
Linktv org

Brooklyn, NY

#288529 Jun 18, 2013
Glenn Greenwald: As Obama Makes "False" Surveillance Claims, Snowden Risks Life to Spark NSA Debate
June 18, 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/mrmb2nl
http://www.democracynow.org/2013/6/18/glenn_g...
Rider

Marquette, MI

#288530 Jun 18, 2013
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#288531 Jun 18, 2013
News you will not see or hear on CNN and FOX News

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

The Peoples Press - Powered By People - For People

"Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the
hunters":African Proverb

"We should take care, in inculcating patriotism into our boys and girls, that is
a patriotism above the narrow sentiment which usually stops at one's country, and
thus inspires jealousy and enmity in dealing with others... Our patriotism should
be of the wider, nobler kind which recognises justice and reasonableness in the
claims of others and which lead our country into comradeship with...the other
nations of the world." :

Lord Baden-Powell

"My kind of loyalty was to one's country, not to its institutions or its officeholders.
The country is the real thing, the substantial thing, the eternal thing; it is
the thing to watch over, and care for, and be loyal to; institutions are extraneous,
they are its mere clothing, and clothing can wear out, become ragged, cease to
be comfortable, cease to protect the body from winter, disease, and death": Mark
Twain
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#288532 Jun 18, 2013
News you will not see or hear on CNN and FOX News

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

"Dirty Wars"

The Secret Story Behind Obama’s Assassination of Two Americans in Yemen

Video By Democracy Now!

The Obama administration’s assassination of two U.S. citizens in 2011, Anwar al-Awlaki and his 16-year-old Denver-born son Abdulrahman, is a central part of Jeremy Scahill’s new book, "Dirty Wars: The World Is a Battlefield." The book is based on years of reporting on U.S. secret operations in Yemen, Somalia and Afghanistan. While the Obama administration has defended the killing of Anwar, it has never publicly explained why Abdulrahman was targeted in a separate drone strike two weeks later.

Scahill reveals CIA Director John Brennan, Obama’s former senior adviser on counterterrorism and homeland security, suspected that the teenager had been killed "intentionally." "The idea that you can simply have one branch of government unilaterally and in secret declare that an American citizen should be executed or assassinated without having to present any evidence whatsoever, to me, is a — we should view that with great sobriety about the implications for our country," says Scahill, national security correspondent for The Nation magazine.

Today the U.S. Senate is preparing to hold its first-ever hearing on the Obama administration’s drone and targeted killing program. However, the Obama administration is refusing to send a witness to answer questions about the program’s legality. "Dirty Wars" is also the name of a new award-winning documentary by Scahill and Rick Rowley, which will open in theaters in June. We air the film’s new trailer.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#288533 Jun 18, 2013
AB s wrote:
Sorry, did I tell you I am a simpleton with ADD? Once I get an idea in my head I cannot let it go until it is resolved...what are the chances that out of the Billion or so people on the planet at the time only a couple of islamists were the ONLY people on the planet to see the moon split in half for a moment in time between 625 and 650 AD???

1. Does court of law make it fact? Do you know the names of the pilots (the real pilots) who were tasked with flying those planes to their planned destinations? Do you know anything about them? Family men, children in college, children about to get married, children taking their first steps...

2. As far as skills, once again I cannot believe a self professed engineer such as yourself can ask such really dumb questions...I'll simply answer that 95% of flying lessons focus on take off and landing...

3. Israel did not eexist as a country in 600AD...or 900AD...or 1300AD...or 1750AD...yet there was trouble and violence in the region. Please explain that? Please explain why sunni kill shia and vice versa, this has nothing to do with Israel...please explain why muslims in Pakistan attacked and MURDERED muslim women and bombed their school because education should not be wased on muslim women??? And please explain te double standard of why you take KSM for his word on Israel and call him a liar for his admission of masterminding 9-11?
Ans.

You should try to take care of your problem and do not try to inflict others with the "disease". That is my advice.

01. Why should I know all the details about the Pilots, Co-pilots and all the Crew Members in those Jets? This is the job of Investigating agencies.

Since it was such a "strange case of hijacking" and no alarm or report came from any plane, they should have checked their backgrounds and their actions for past few days prior to 9/11.

When you do "impartial investigations" you take into care of "all possibilities" , should you not?

02. So now flying these Jetliners is a "piece of cake", any Tom, Dick and Harry can do it, once he has taken a "few flying lessons" in those flying clubs? I did not know that?

It was not only flying the planes, it was to maneuver them and changed the direction and height also.

Now do not tell me that it was a "child's play" to change the direction of planes, change the route and bring them to NY and Washington DC and flying for 60-90 Minutes "off- course".

Every thing and anything to do with 9/11 was special.

PS:

I know how eager you are to change the topic, first you inserted that "Moon – splitting" now you want to insert Isreal and Shia Sunni divide.

These topics can wait, till we sort out this "little matter" of 9/11, which has caused two wars and more than a millions dead in past 11 or 12 years.

Q-3. So those "Novice Pilots" (it is not still proven that they were flying the planes), maneuvered the Huge Jet liners and changed the directions and "found out" where NY lies, by looking outside their windows?

Fine , Fine, now please tell me, how big those WTC Towers would look to a plain flying at 625 Miles an Hour?

Would they not look like a needle?

Will any "Novice Pilot" direct his plane to make a Direct Hit? Without any last minute change?

Those who saw the second plane hitting WTC, did they not see a plane flying smoothly and level for a long time?

Can a Novice Pilot do it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC Mon Joe Balls 2,959
News Irish president warns of extremism Jul 27 James 1
News US authorities allege Oregon imam assisted radi... Jul 23 goonsquad 13
News Ukraine film director goes on trial in Russia Jul 22 George 26
News Top 10 signs America has been hijacked by liber... Jul 19 bile child 2
News Tennessee Shooter Was 'Upset' by Gaza War, Frie... Jul 18 Zeppelin 1
News The Postman knocks twice: Stop rewarding Hamas Jul 17 USA Today 1
More from around the web