'The War Is Not Over'

Sep 12, 2006 Read more: Los Angeles Times 276,689
WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept. Read more
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287976 May 21, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
The Euphrates & Tigris Rivers are still in Babylon which is in Iraq.
The Garden of Eden was a real place.
It still is, have you ever been to Hanauma Bay? Garden of Eden is in the eyes of the beholder...
Pdamerica org

West Sayville, NY

#287977 May 21, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
It still is, have you ever been to Hanauma Bay? Garden of Eden is in the eyes of the beholder...
Hawaii is paradise on earth.

spocko

Oakland, CA

#287978 May 21, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Your loose comments against our prophet and his character, is a sure sign to me that you do not want to discuss with me.
I warned you about it, in the beginning.
Do not cross the limit.
Sense of humor is OK, but it should have its limits.
Hey, it's not our fault your false prophet is a friggen child molester :-/
spocko

Oakland, CA

#287979 May 21, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
The Euphrates & Tigris Rivers are still in Babylon which is in Iraq.
The Garden of Eden was a real place.
Actually, Genesis locates Eden at the headwaters of the Tigris and Euphrates in northern Iraq, in Africa, and in the Persian Gulf, in reality it is located in people’s minds only!
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287981 May 21, 2013
Pdamerica org wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, Much of the Earths Oceans are still mysteries and unexplored, and who knows what's at the center of the Earth.
GOD created the galaxies so go ask HIM where Heaven is, or better yet, read Revelation.
I am no rocket scientist but I DID sleep at a Holiday Inn last night...so if you exclude possibilities shown in the Sci-fi thriller Journey to the Center of the Earth...you will discover that modern science, and not antiquated stone age beliefs, has determined that at the center of the Earth is the core, which primarily consists of two parts. The solid most inner core consists of heavy iron (because science and not antiquated stone age beliefs have determined that denser material will sink) that has an estimated radius of over 750 miles...This iron sphere is surrounded by a liquid outer core that is guestimated to be about 1,300 plus or minus miles thick. The Earth's magnetic field is caused by the spin differentials of the inner core spins in relation to the rest of the planet. Of course, some old school religious "leaders" believed that the northern and southern lights were provided by allah, don't you know...so who am I to argue? After all, I only slept at a Holiday Inn Express because the Hilton was booked solid...
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#287982 May 21, 2013
News you will not see or hear on CNN and FOX News

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

No regret” for killing 160 people
No More Truthless Heroes

By Joshua Brollier

February 14, 2013 "Information Clearing House" - On February 11, 2013, the New York Times reported about the funeral of retired Navy Seal sniper Chris Kyle, portraying him as a “warrior and family man.” The highly politicized and massive public funeral, held at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas, points to the severe moral schizophrenia our nation has internalized. We see ourselves as the shining “city on a hill” and therefore a U.S. citizen who kills people in other lands becomes an unquestionably renowned hero. This must appear offensive and ridiculous to many people living beyond U.S. borders.

Mr. Kyle was a man who professed “no regret” for killing 160 people during his four tours in Iraq. A fellow soldier and former Marine, struggling with PTSD, murdered Kyle at point blank range while they were practice shooting for fun and “therapy” at a gun range in Texas. Despite the bizarrely karmic nature of his death and setting aside the much needed conversation on gun culture and pervasive violence which our nation is being forced to address, I am just as worried by our collective need to construct a fig leaf cover up over the legacy of Chris Kyle.
Glorifying Chris Kyle’s story integrally connects to U.S. media and military efforts to affect public perception of ongoing warfare in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as expanding war on terror policies which the Obama administration is aggressively attempting to institutionalize. Now, the U.S. not only retains the right to attack those whom it dubiously asserted were responsible for 9/11, it regards the entire world as a potential battlefield, dismissing any need for constituent and congressional approval nor any evidence of an attack being plannedagainst the U.S. Though President Obama ran on an anti-war platform, he needs the legacy of Chris Kyle and others as much as any of the previous war criminals from the Bush years to sustain his current militarism.

For example, the same issue of the New York Times reports that President Obama awarded a medal of honor to Clinton Romesha for “defending an outpost” in Afghanistan. Mr. Romesha was wounded in the neck in the course of action. He was also lauded for calling in airstrikes that killed 30 Taliban fighters. As a public, to what degree do we question why Mr. Romesha nearly lost his life?

In addition to the many thousands of Afghan casualties, more than a decade of crushing warfare and billions of dollars per week being spent on the effort, Afghans have been “perishing under one of the highest infant and maternal mortality rates in the world. At least 36% live below the poverty line and 35% of Afghan men do not have work. The UN calls the acute malnutrition of nearly one million children in the Afghan south ‘shocking’. Almost three quarters of all Afghans do not have access to safe drinking water.”

Given these appalling truths, I am not inclined to write off the immense suffering we have caused around the globe as a necessity or reframe it as victory, nor to join in the popular declarations that Mr. Romesha and Mr. Kyle were heroes. I don’t want to demonize them either. They are part of an imperial system to which many in the US are deeply tied and unquestioningly support with tax dollars. Quite possibly Mr. Kyle was a “family man” to his circle and a loyal friend to his comrades. But can we really honor him as such when he was willing to rob Iraqi families of their fathers and sons?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#287984 May 22, 2013
AB s wrote:
01. Once I figure what the limit is I'll try not to cross.. perhaps if you could share some insight as to where the limits are? And also share if these limits apply to other religions as well?

I'll try to move forward and figure out where the magical don't cross line is and try to avoid stepping across it...so moving right along...

recorded as happening anymore?

And why is it do you suppose that all these amazing miraculous events happened thousands of years ago in ancient times and no longer happen today? Is it because there are to many witnesses with to many of these technological advanced recording devices that it is no longer easy to claim that moons split and seas part without the world requiring definitive visual evidence?
Ans.

01. The magical line is not to abuse by words and gestures the personality of our prophet.

Asking question about his genuineness or any teachings of his, is OK. But you should use civil language.

May be you have no feeling of respect towards him, but more than 1.5 Billion Muslims (and a large number of Non Muslims also) revere him as the Noblest soul that lived on this earth.

So you should care of their feelings and try not to hurt them.

As regards present day Muslims and rulers and kings and dictators, there is no limit as to what words and gestures you use.

You have every right not be believe in the miracles the prophets performed, but try not to ridicule them.

If we are able to do some of these things using our present day machines and technologies, certainly the Creator of This Universe is more Powerful than us to perform these acts.
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287985 May 22, 2013
Frankie, can I put you down for a Platinum table????

Frontiers of Freedom's Ronald Reagan Gala
with special guest U.S. Representative Fred Upton
Chairman, House Energy & Commerce Committee *
June 12, 2013 • Mayflower Hotel, Washington, D.C.
Donations:
PLATINUM LEVEL - WITH A GIFT OF $25,000

Two reserved tables of eight
One table adjacent to VIP head table
Four tickets to VIP reception
VIP photo opportunity
Announcement from podium
Recognition in Dinner Program

••••••

GOLD LEVEL - WITH A GIFT OF $17,000

One reserved table of eight
Prominent table placement
Four tickets to VIP reception
VIP photo opportunity
Announcement from podium

••••••

SILVER LEVEL - WITH A GIFT OF $12,000

One table of eight reserved in your name
Prominent Table Placement
Two tickets to VIP reception
VIP photo opportunity

••••••

BRONZE LEVEL - WITH A GIFT OF $7,000

(For Individuals and Non-Profits)
One table of eight reserved in your name
Two tickets to VIP reception
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287986 May 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. The magical line is not to abuse by words and gestures the personality of our prophet.
Asking question about his genuineness or any teachings of his, is OK. But you should use civil language.
May be you have no feeling of respect towards him, but more than 1.5 Billion Muslims (and a large number of Non Muslims also) revere him as the Noblest soul that lived on this earth.
So you should care of their feelings and try not to hurt them...
Comrade, thanks for dusting off the line a wee bit...does this also apply to muslims and their respect of other religions? If so, then why do you disrespect the feelings of christians like tinyearl? Christians revere their mini-god Jesus as the noblest soul that ever walked this planet, what gives you the right to say "Jesus was a human prophet, created by a special miracle of God. He did not become God and never was God.
God does not change forms and come as Jesus, this is Hindu Philosophy of God taking human form."

Are the rules you try to force on others not applicable to you as well?
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287987 May 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
You have every right not be believe in the miracles the prophets performed, but try not to ridicule them...
If we are able to do some of these things using our present day machines and technologies, certainly the Creator of This Universe is more Powerful than us to perform these acts...
I agree, I should hold back on the ridicule. That being said you did not answer the question, why is it that the more advances we have in technology, the LESS we see amazing unbelievable miracles?
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287989 May 22, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Genesis locates Eden at the headwaters of the Tigris and Euphrates in northern Iraq, in Africa, and in the Persian Gulf, in reality it is located in people’s minds only!
Any luck getting that ban on tornados passed?
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287990 May 22, 2013
MUQ wrote:
News you will not see or hear on CNN and FOX News
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...
No regret” for killing 160 people
No More Truthless Heroes
By Joshua Brollier
News you will see or hear on CNN or Vancouver Sun...
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry met Wednesday with officials in Oman to discuss their plans to buy a $2.1 billion air defence system from American manufacturer Raytheon.

Kerry met with the Arab country's defence minister, a day after discussions with Oman's sultan.

Kerry thanked them for their decision to buy the ground-based air defence system from the Massachusetts company. "We're very excited about that and very grateful for your confidence in Raytheon," Kerry said.

He also said the U.S. is "grateful for the role that Oman plays in the region as an important force for peace and stability. And we appreciate your contributions to the defensive strategy for the region."

Omani Defence Minister Sayyid Badr al-Busaidi called Raytheon's system the most effective of its kind.

A joint statement issued by the U.S. and Oman said the system "offers high levels of effectiveness, capable of meeting the operational requirements of the Royal Air Force of Oman and providing seamless air protection by virtue of its cutting edge air defence technology." The statement said Oman is still in talks with Raytheon over some technical details.

Meanwhile back in Germany and the EU...
BERLIN - Germany says it supports adding the military wing of the Lebanese Shiite group Hezbollah to the European Union's list of terrorist groups.

Germany's foreign ministry says the decision follows "discussions we have had with our partners following the terrorist attack in Burgas" on the Bulgarian coast last year that killed five Israelis and a Bulgarian bus driver.

Bulgaria has accused Hezbollah of the attack, a charge the Shiite group denies.

Germany had previously resisted calls to list Hezbollah as a terrorist organization for fear it could destabilize Lebanon.

But the foreign ministry said in a statement Wednesday that Germany's position had changed due to new and clearer information about the Lebanese militant Shiite organization's activities and analysis provided by authorities on the Mediterranean island of Cyprus.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#287992 May 22, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Any luck getting that ban on tornados passed?
LOL ... I think so, republicans insist on using a giant lawn mower next time saying it would be a job-creator.
Andy

Brooklyn, NY

#287993 May 22, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL ... I think so, republicans insist on using a giant lawn mower next time saying it would be a job-creator.
they are shutting down all the schools in Chicago. That's creating jobs
test

Singapore, Singapore

#287994 May 22, 2013
Kearney wrote:
Bush's War will not be over until Bush is out of office. Whosoever follows Bish whether Republican or Democrat can make the appropriate changes to correct Bush mistakes by blaming Bush. He most certainly will be blamed as it will be politically expedient to do so in order to regain World Respect for the USA. Of course, Dems would blame harder since the mirror reflection upon them is not strong in reality.
One thing the new administration should do is drop the "war on terror" terminology. That just incites a erroneous methodology for military solution. What is required in international cooperation and diplomacy. I ho0pe an internationl anti terrorist police force of some kind will be formed.
Thank god, only two more years of this moron.
test
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#287995 May 22, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, I should hold back on the ridicule. That being said you did not answer the question, why is it that the more advances we have in technology, the LESS we see amazing unbelievable miracles?
The more advance we get in technology, we should be more amazed at the way things are working in this Universe for millions of years without needing any of our "advanced technology"!!

A "little knowledge of science and technology turns a man into atheist but a deep and thorough knowledge of science and technology makes him deeply conscious of God's presence" Said a Well Respected Scientist.

Miracles are things which are beyond human powers and miracles are happening every day my millions!!

Every seed germinating and getting its shoot out of ground is indeed a Miracle!!

We see it every day, so we just consider it as a "fact of nature".

But to a True Scientist, it is nothing less than a Miracle. A thing which is beyond his powers. Even after seeing it repeated millions of times!!

You only prove your own ignorance by taking "snipes" at the Creator!!
Pdamerica org

Sayville, NY

#287997 May 23, 2013
Pdamerica org

Sayville, NY

#287998 May 23, 2013
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Your in denial my friend.

The Nile is in Africa and the Euphrates and Tigris are still in Iraq.

LOL

P.S. Maybe that was when the Continents were still together and now they are spread apart.
Pdamerica org

Sayville, NY

#287999 May 23, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
I am no rocket scientist but I DID sleep at a Holiday Inn last night...so if you exclude possibilities shown in the Sci-fi thriller Journey to the Center of the Earth...you will discover that modern science, and not antiquated stone age beliefs, has determined that at the center of the Earth is the core, which primarily consists of two parts. The solid most inner core consists of heavy iron (because science and not antiquated stone age beliefs have determined that denser material will sink) that has an estimated radius of over 750 miles...This iron sphere is surrounded by a liquid outer core that is guestimated to be about 1,300 plus or minus miles thick. The Earth's magnetic field is caused by the spin differentials of the inner core spins in relation to the rest of the planet. Of course, some old school religious "leaders" believed that the northern and southern lights were provided by allah, don't you know...so who am I to argue? After all, I only slept at a Holiday Inn Express because the Hilton was booked solid...
LOL, Something to ponder my friend.

==========

Japan Quake May Have Shortened Earth Days, Moved Axis

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/jap...
John_Schuylkill County_Pa

Frackville, PA

#288000 May 23, 2013
Thank Goodness for PM Cameron

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Terrorism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 6 from Minnesota charged with trying to join Is... 8 min serfs up 7
News Possible visit by Kosovo's Thaci puts old foe S... 27 min mostarac 8
News Why should Australians fear from Muslims? (Dec '07) Mon chrome 46,822
Nigeria Sun shubee 1
News 2 men in flaming car ram Glasgow Airport; suspe... (Jun '07) Sat joec106 6
News ISIS claims blast near U.S. site in Irbil, Iraq Apr 18 mjjcpa 1
News Halton Muslim women separate ISIS from Islam Apr 18 Republican 4
More from around the web